Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,564 members, 7,865,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? (710 Views)

What Do Naija Girls Have To Offer In A Relationship? / Why Exactly Do Naija Gurls Do This Nonsense?? / Bankers are very Fake and Stingy!!! living a borrowed lifestyle,ladies beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by christopheru(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
A friend of mine who is “seriously” searching for a wife got introduced to a beautiful “87” model (that is, 24 year old girl) who is in her finals in a popular university in Lagos. They got talking and the girl politely asks “please where do you work?” …..and my friend cockily responded “I’m a banker”. And then she goes “banker ke?, abeg oh”….”they are too stingy for my liking”. The guy replied “why do you girls always say this all the time?”. Apparently this wasn’t the first time. So, I decided i’d attempt to find out why most girls have this perception. To start, I had to figure out what the pay structure and take home pay of an average banker is. Lets imagine a certain Francis who has worked in a bank for 3 years and earns a salary package of N2.4m annually. Arithmetically, that comes to about N200k a month right? Wrong! A Bank’s salary package like most others are made up of a lot of benefits that the staff never get to go home with. For example medicals. It will also include items that are not paid monthly such as leave allowances. Consequently their salaries also gets hit with deductions such as payroll taxes, pension contribution, statutory deduction and sometimes up fronts. “Upfronts” are bulk salary advances paid to employees to enable them meet personal needs that often require huge cash flows. It could either be 3 or 6 months salary paid upfront. Back to Francis, his monthly salary of N200k probably gets reduced 20% by taxes and other statutory deductions to N160k. The information I gathered is that banks typically pay between 10 to 20 percent of a staff total salary once every 6 months. If we then use the lower of 10%, then he gets 10% of N2.4m every 6 months being N240k. Since the Upfronts are repaid in monthly equal installments, Francis’s salary is deducted by another N40k bringing his net take home pay to N120k. From N200k Francis now suddenly gets to take home N120k This might still seem a good take home pay for anyone considering the amount already deducted. But then, people who earn N2.4m should be able to afford a nice 2 bedroom apartment costing around N300k per annum, drive a car of at least N1.2m and have several other dependents. So assuming this causes a further monthly deduction of N20,000 from his salary, he is now left with N100k as his disposable income. From where he gets to spend for his wardrobe (as is expected of a banker), food, fun, family etc. Considering their high taste, where they eat, have fun etc can be quite expensive. This cycle is across the spectrum of their pay structure, as the more you earn the higher your taste and hence your expenses. Therefore, the first impression you have of Francis is, he is a young, smart, “okay” guy that can take good “care” of a lady. Based on that, you expect him to buy you a blackberry phone or afford to change your wardrobe or even put you on some “reasonable” pocket money on a regular. How is that to happen when Francis actually takes home N100k monthly? If he buys you a blackberry smartphone of N80k that’s taking almost all his salary. How often can he then afford to buy you all the nicely things you want considering how little the disposable income is to maintaining his lifestyle. This model is not alien to employees of other companies, but the misconception that bankers take home a lot more money is basically because of their access to finance. Giving them the leverage required to purchase things that people on their salary scale in other organizations probably can’t. However, this more often than not leaves them in a perpetual cycle of very little disposable income as every time the upfront is paid, there is one major personal project waiting to be funded. This may also be the reason why they’re constantly changing jobs as each change attracts a higher salary package. So, for the university chic, you may want to cut my friend some slack as the guy isn’t stingy. He is leaving his dream which comes with a price. Part of that price may well be the blackberry that you so wish for. Your comments pls.
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
Just summarise you bull crap next time.
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
?
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by Cholls(m): 4:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
my brother please steak to your banking job...........your literature is wack.
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by falconey(m): 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Prospective banker in the building...........

Awa noni
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by christopheru(m): 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
Cholls:
Hey mate,
Check your spelling correctly. You need to go back to English Class.
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by christopheru(m): 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
PushPlay:
Just summarise you bull crap next time.
phlegm wad
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by christopheru(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
falconey:

Awa noni
Me na Prospective Accountant jare..
Lalasticlala u still dey buy d Groundnut? grin
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by christopheru(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
falconey:

Awa noni
Me na Prospective Accountant jare..
Lalasticlala u still dey buy d Groundnut? grin
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by dollyjoy(f): 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
Cholls:
you are not in anyway better than him!
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by AccidentalGenius: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
Look at what the ranting of the olosho jadekitana has caused. All because the banker paid only 500naira for short time
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by christopheru(m): 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
AccidentalGenius:
Look at what the ranting of the olosho jadekitana has caused. All because the banker paid only 500naira for short time
I dey tell you. grin
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by Cholls(m): 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
christopheru:
Hey mate,
Check your spelling correctly. You need to go back to English Class.
my brother hahaha!......I dey laugh.
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by Cholls(m): 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
dollyjoy:
you are not in anyway better than him!
my sister you mumu o.........are you for real.
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
Dude I feel you, this is why I hate Nigerians. Uneducated people everywhere, very disgusting set of human beings, nothing good about them!
Re: Why Do Naija Chics See 9ja Bankers As Stingy? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
Because they are stingy cheesy undecided

(1) (Reply)

Can You Allow Your Child To Use This In School / .. / Do You Think I And Lionel Messi Or Cristiano Ronaldo Will Make A Great Couple?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.