Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007809 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by executivegej: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2016
Everything na photocopy, evn admission letter except letter addressed to IRCC such as bank statements, reference letters
[size=4pt]"Good morning everybody in the house. Am about to apply through paper route. Please am I going to submit all my original documents or photocopy aside adm letter, act and passport. Thank very much for your response"[/size][size=4pt][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 11:23am On Jun 07, 2016
blaugrana82:
Good evening to you all on this thread. I need an urgent response pls.... I studied chemical engineering, cos I got a 2.2 though very close to a 2.1. I intend pushing my applications for a PGD program in chemical engineering or a very related course. I've got an option already from Conestoga college. pls can anyone one suggest more PGD courses and the colleges or uni offering them. I've been doing my online searching since but I really need your help on this.. thanks as I anticipate a response soon
Guys pls reply this post... I'm still anticipating your honest replies.. I would really appreciate it... ASAP plsssssssssszzz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OlalekanKad(m): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2016
GrandCommander:

Do u have any idea of the breakdown of this money. They should be able to give u a breakdown of it.

Thanks bro, I really don't have the break down, they only send a congratulatory email and asking me to confirm that I can fund 37k.

What am thinking is maybe they want an evidence or word of mouth before issuing out the admission letter. Since this is my first time am applying for canada admission I really don't know how they play their cards.

Just looking for someone with similar experience.

Cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Williamsobodo(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2016
yemdogg:

Photocopies are sufficient, just get them notarised if u can. They don't accept original documents at vfs except the admission letter and the SOA.

Good day boss, I'm trying to get my papers together to apply for Agric diploma Uof G fall 2016. How can I get photo copies notarized. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Aguns2k: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2016
Pls what if the fund in a soa is less than 1m as at when it was printed but transaction over 105m has been done in the account over the last 3 months and the sum of 3.7m is in my personal Acct been transferred from the sponsor Acct
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by vickyehi: 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
Qwertyasdf:
Please house, something came to my mind just now and I thought I should ask. My question is:
IS IT POSSIBLE FOR AN APPLICANT THAT HAS FULL SCHOLARSHIP FROM A CANADIAN UNIVERSITY TO BE REJECTED BASED ON INSUFFICIENT FUNDS AFTER APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT.
NOTE: the scholarship covers tuition, CIC min of C$10k living expenses, and about C$6k excess from the scholarship??

JUST WONDERING.

I think the visa officer would still like to see some money in your name as a kind of fail safe cos they don't credit your acct with all the scholarship money most times so you still need to show a little financial security.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
For anyone with 2-2,going to college,open the attachment and look for a related course.
blaugrana82:
Guys pls reply this post... I'm still anticipating your honest replies.. I would really appreciate it... ASAP plsssssssssszzz

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
OlalekanKad:
Hello Everyone,

I just got a mail from University of Ottawa for winter 2017 Admission MEng Mechanical that the committe has recommended me for admission. However, I was told to confirm if I can fund myself 37,000 canadian dollar, need to confirm that by July 13th.

I want to know, If the school usually demands for account statement before giving out the admission letter or what do they likely mean by saying confirm, anyone with similar experience should please shed more light.

Cheers!!!

No. They'll not ask for your account statement smiley They just want you to confirm that you can fund ur education because (obviously) they're not giving you scholarship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
debopopson:
Hello guys,

Kindly assist, i am to go on a short training to the United Kingdom, However, the processing time in Nigeria for canada student visa is 14weeks, which means if i submit my passport i will not be able to go again.

However, i am to go to canada against August/september admission, the processing time in the United kingdom is 2 weeks. Can i apply from London?

Yes you can apply from UK BUT its best to apply from ur country of residence so u don't give the VO in UK room for suspicion.
If you apply online, you don't have to submit ur passport until the VO requests for it. This means you can still travel with ur passport. If you opt to apply from UK, then be prepared to explain in your Letter of Explaination why u're not applying from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
ikem01:
Please is there any ottawan in the house, need to ask some questions.

UOttawa admit, how can I help u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
debopopson:
Hello guys,

Kindly assist, i am to go on a short training to the United Kingdom, However, the processing time in Nigeria for canada student visa is 14weeks, which means if i submit my passport i will not be able to go again.

However, i am to go to canada against August/september admission, the processing time in the United kingdom is 2 weeks. Can i apply from London?

I will advise you to apply via online route if you are returning to Nigeria say 1 or 2 months time. This will allow u to travel pending when u get passport request mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OlalekanKad(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
lawmerchant:

No. They'll not ask for your account statement smiley They just want you to confirm that you can fund ur education because (obviously) they're not giving you scholarship.

Yeah, I thought as much, I already replied via mail that I will be able to fund it. The mail said no scholarship since it's MEng and not MSC but it really doesn't matter to me, all that matters is what is in for me out there.

Thanks yeah.
Cheers!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
Williamsobodo:

Good day boss, I'm trying to get my papers together to apply for Agric diploma Uof G fall 2016. How can I get photo copies notarized. Thanks

Look for a lawyer who's a notary public. They're everywhere.

Be careful though cos not all lawyers are notary public.

They usually get paid to offer such services.

Some people have gotten their trv without notarisation though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ouchechukwuo: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
blaugrana82:

I would recommend you checkout this institution... university of Saskatchewan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
@abusaibu
Earlier medical called is 50/50 chance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ehixestgratias: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
hustla:
Hi I have a quick question
For a One year course information security course at Durham college , is there any way that additional residence can be given, maybe through change of course, taking up another course, maybe MSc or just through extension

Don't know if I'm clear enough

hi hustla, i am also going to durham college dis fall, i have asked the same question too but i was made to understand that once you have been able to enter canada you have plenty of options to choose from if you decide to further. i hope that helps to your question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
ehixestgratias:

hi hustla, i am also going to durham college dis fall, i have asked the same question too but i was made to understand that once you have been able to enter canada you have plenty of options to choose from if you decide to further. i hope that helps to your question

Thanks bro
Yes you have answered my question . Considering Durham and quite some options for later on.

Thanks once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Teehp(f): 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
Evening house, I was delayed this afternoon after 14weeks, online app,upfront medicals, medicals passed like 3weeks ago. The only reason purpose of visit. ..vo not convinced I'll return bk. Not sure I'll be reapplying. The process and wait is disturbing. Pls what other good countries can one apply to for study with less stress. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
Teehp:
Evening house, I was delayed this afternoon after 14weeks, online app,upfront medicals, medicals passed like 3weeks ago. The only reason purpose of visit. ..vo not convinced I'll return bk. Not sure I'll be reapplying. The process and wait is disturbing. Pls what other good countries can one apply to for study with less stress. Thanks

Sorry for the delayed, I understand after a lot of efforts. But you don't have to give up now, why don't you address the ONLY reason ticked and reapply. You can as well consider Germany. Reapply but this time around don't put all your eggs in one basket.

What program are your going for UG, PGC, PGD, Msc.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
[
Teehp:
what level of program PGD/PGC/Masters are you going for? Is ur program in line wt ur UG study/work experience..na GCMS note fit analysis this matter oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jugreency3: 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2016
Teehp:
South korea. U get admission in a week if u have all documents. You get your visa in 10 days. Master students work unlimited and you can get work a week of your arrival. To hell with canada. Most of us are after the cash. In south korea, u get Canada or uda visa sharply. The choice is yours.https://www.nairaland.com/1900216/thread-south-korea-prospective-students
Thats d thread

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 9:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
Odinwa:
Please I need clarification here, in my study Permit application form I put my fees which is 14k, then room and board I put 8k and in others I put 2k, and the funds available is 24k. Please is ok like this or does anyone have anything to tell me?

Secondly, my visa office instruction form is really pissing me off, I can't type in it or convert to ms word. Should I print out those pages and fill it with ink/pen?
Thanks
what is "visa office instruction form"... you must fill every form by typing..i made mistake of filling the family information form with pen, when i got to vfs they told me to go back and type it. and i went out and paid #500 for just two page form. so dnt make that mistake get the right forms and fill them before printing.. i think its only the questionaire you can fill with pen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
michV:
sometimes i wonder the H**L of what they are verifying that an application would even prolong to 3MONTHS. dont they see how other embassies do especially UK,US..UK STUDY PERMIT HARDLY REACH 8WKS .....THOSE PEOPLE THEy undecided CRAWL OO LIKE SNAIL, ATTENDING APPS LIKE AN 8months pregnant woman
Lol. may be its the number of applications they are getting, or may be they deep documents coming from Nigeria inside some holy water to make sure its authentic. i just wonder.. my friend (a nigerian) got same study permit withing 3 working days in London, UK... another of my friend going for a semester exchange prog from his school in Sweden, also applied while he was in London and believe it or not he got the visa in 3 hours. Lol. we pledge to Nigeria, our country.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faroukfahima(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hello, Please this Police Report of a thing I went to the Police Station in my Area and they are giving me stories. Any Procedure on getting that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
faroukfahima:
Hello, Please this Police Report of a thing I went to the Police Station in my Area and they are giving me stories. Any Procedure on getting that?

Just go with your passport photograph and a photocopy of the data page of your international passport. Shikena.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
faroukfahima:

Just go with your passport photograph and a photocopy of the data page of your international passport to the police headquarters Shikena.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
michV:
sometimes i wonder the H**L of what they are verifying that an application would even prolong to 3MONTHS. dont they see how other embassies do especially UK,US..UK STUDY PERMIT HARDLY REACH 8WKS .....THOSE PEOPLE THEy undecided CRAWL OO LIKE SNAIL, ATTENDING APPS LIKE AN 8months pregnant woman
Lol. may be its the number of applications they are getting, or may be they deep documents coming from Nigeria inside some holy water to make sure its authentic. i just wonder.. my friend (a nigerian) got same study permit withing 3 working days in London, UK... another of my friend going for a semester exchange prog also applied while he was in London and believe it or not he got the visa in 3 hours. Lol. here its a whooping 3 months with the fasting and midnight prayer work some people will join to it o. lol we pledge to Nigeria, our country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
Canada VOs just they play guymen heart like Ping-pong. I no know wetin them they verify wey other embassies never verify B4? that application go they for archives reach 14wks..i tire oo..Breaking ppls heart cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
Teehp:

Sorry about the delay.

Share your profile so gurus in the house can help you tackle the reason(s) for delay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
rheginarh:
I checked my app today, medical changed to passed, submitted may 4th, paper linked it online last week, upfront medicals
i submitted paper route on the 12th may... now i linked it to online on the 4th June... but it says application submited on june 4. i'm wondering will the processing time starts cointing from may 12 or june 4... the long wait is killing. lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.