Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006968 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Siga: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ethan45:

Baba Siga we dey. Everybody just dey para for CIC. No med calls no PP request,na jst to d transfer aggression and argue incessantly. Silent followers jst dey comot from there hiding place.
... Meds go come for those eligible for CIC face now... they are cutting down numbers and backlog plenty... it is well...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Siga: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
bjmme:
Siga can I pm you,I need some important information from you....kindly accept it
... I dey charge $10 per word in your email oo...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
Siga:
... I dey charge $10 per word in your email oo...
lol,hope you know dollar no dey naija,thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
bjmme:
You and this guy,Michv is ok now,he wants to follow you,let him follow you now,we all here to Learn we don't need to be@loggerheads,we all have one goal,which is to study and better our lives over there...You guys don't need it

@bjmme help me tell them oh,its highly exhausting. Since last week ive being reading transfer credit, u hav 2.1 dont transfer credit and the worst is that when i check my airtime balance its 0.00. Haba the thing tire me oohh.If u want to follow,follow him,even to the extent of babysiting no wahala,if he dosent want you to follow leave him alone,abi na by force to follow?
Ive being logging on here hoping to see PP request nd how peps tackled there apps bt all i see is hey transfer airtime,pls dnt follow me i have chickenpox. Kilode? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ethan45:

Lol.@ Arcayo your cover is Busteeeeeddddd wink grin. Mehn this wait is making people boil...
My cover or his? Can you follow someone without his/her user's id, or send request without BBM pin or phone number? Just think of it
There are better things to discuss here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Arcayo:

My cover or his? Can you follow someone without his/her user's id, or send request without BBM pin or phone number? Just think of it
There are better things to discuss here

Lol i know. You know am jst kidding. This is to ease off the tension. Jst lay it to rest abeg before it turns into another thing. Arguements leads to quarrell so its best you stay clear. @michv it hav do.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
GPA is not the only factor taken into account in admissions decisions. Also, keep in mind that an applicant with a low CGPA can appear competitive if s/he had high grades in the most important courses on his/her transcript and had an above average last two academic years.

In many cases, other aspects of one's application can be weighed equally as one's CGPA. There was someone on this thread in part 7 or 8 who was rejected from all four schools she applied to even though she had a 4.45 CGPA.

Admission decisions are also determined by the competiveness of the applicant pool into the program you are applying to, how many new students the program takes in every year, course-based vs research-based, etc.

Remember that this is not binary and there are no silver bullet answers.
blaugrana82:
God bless u bro for this comment. but I know of someone that applied for a PGD program in UniOttawa for Project management and he wasn't given an offer. he got 3.30 CGPA. I even told him to screen shot the mail to me.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kennynelcon(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
Duchynwa:
Ok, am going to University of Waterloo
Sister pls I pmed you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Godiloveu(f): 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bamz:

https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72#19290079

Please be diligent in making findings yourself. We need to be answering very new questions on here. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bukaforbes91: 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
[quote author=Bukaforbes91 post=47231419][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nicerichard05: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
nicerichard05:
I have started my process for UNBC today, Buh I discovered that Edu counselling is only available for Sept resumption nd the deadline for app has even expired, till next year sept.

So I am left with an option to choose between History, interdisciplinary studies or Political science all Masters of Art (MA)

Would hav preferred Political science buh wen I went through the site I discovered that dey accept students with Bsc in Political science, or they admit with special provisions made regarding course work and thesis research programs. My undergraduate course was in Business Education (Accounting Option)

Would this affect my chances. The guy that is helping me with the whole process has told me that it would nt affect me buh I need to be sure.

Thanks ya all for ur advice

NB: my cgpa is 3.46

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
@Ethan45, 'pls transfer me credit, sorry I don't have airtime'...LOL

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
Duchynwa:

Ok, am going to University of Waterloo but haven't decided when i will be leaving. Have u gotten accommodation. Which Airlines are u considering?

I'll sort out accommodation shortly after arrival
@Kriss77, what airline did you use... or which do you advice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
martineverest:
same university i'm applying for....january session

gotten admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Giov: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
Guys, I linked my paper route app online the very day I submitted my application. I then proceeded to track it entering my date of birth and Tracking No from the Yellow slip I was given at the Vfs office, it displayed that my application has been dispatched to Ghana but lately whenever I try to track my application it displays "No details found matching the input values". What could be the problem. Is there any one with this similar issue. Please help a bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineverest(m): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
CassetteBoy:

gotten admission?
na...preparing for gre and toefl......u can put me thru,if need be
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
@cassetteboy, @ethan45 etc...Weldone! Nairalanders be cracking me up cheesy
Please i don't know how true this is? A friend told me dat form A is closed.. someone should please confirm this statement, biko help a sister, i haven't paid any of my fees, before CIC go vex kon collect their TRV from me... Thanks. Plus public holz has been extended till thursday!!! VFS as decided to sell our passports for groundnut...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
Giov:
Guys, I linked my paper route app online the very day I submitted my application. I then proceeded to track it entering my date of birth and Tracking No from the Yellow slip I was given at the Vfs office, it displayed that my application has been dispatched to Ghana but lately whenever I try to track my application it displays "No details found matching the input values". What could be the problem. Is there any one with this similar issue. Please help a bro.

Since you said you have linked your paper application online.....log in to your online account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Giov: 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
yemdogg:

Since you said you have linked your paper application online.....log in to your online account.
iv log into my online account and it says Application is opened. But I guess tracking the app is still necessary or u think otherwise?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
martineverest:
na...preparing for gre and toefl......u can put me thru,if need be

study hard for both exams, UofT has high cutoff as you know. if you surpass the cutoff well, it'll give you an edge over others
feel free to pm me if necessary
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Giov: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Latest update on processing time by CIC is now 12weeks as updated on 5th July 2016

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nadia94:
@cassetteboy, @ethan45 etc...Weldone! Nairalanders be cracking me up cheesy
Please i don't know how true this is? A friend told me dat form A is closed.. someone should please confirm this statement, biko help a sister, i haven't paid any of my fees, before CIC go vex kon collect their TRV from me... Thanks. Plus public holz has been extended till thursday!!! VFS as decided to sell our passports for groundnut...

hi Nadia,
i really don't know much regards form A.
Do you know anyone in canny? One alternative will be to pay money into this person's naira account, then the person pays dollars on your behalf to your school. You'll both agree a rate before commencing, the person may give you favourable rate if he/she isn't needing naira anytime soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Giov:
Latest update on processing time by CIC is now 12weeks as updated on 5th July 2016

Check this link pls.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Giov: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

Check this link pls.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/
Of course that was wia I just got the Information
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Meetvincent: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
TokyoBulls:
You might want to consider transfer of credits to a university in Canada and register for a degree straight.
I
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
Giov:
iv log into my online account and it says Application is opened. But I guess tracking the app is still necessary or u think otherwise?

Your online status is more accurate and reliable than that of vfs website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ManTiger(m): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
There was a thread...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bosypumpin: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
[quote author=Kriss77 post=47220501]

I msgd u on whatsapp...buh u didn't respond.[/quote.
Kriss, no message found.
Pls try send to the MTN number.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nicerichard05: 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
I have started my process for UNBC today, Buh I discovered that Edu counselling is only available for Sept resumption nd the deadline for app has even expired, till next year sept.

So I am left with an option to choose between History, interdisciplinary studies or Political science all Masters of Art (MA)

Would hav preferred Political science buh wen I went through the site I discovered that dey accept students with Bsc in Political science, or they admit with special provisions made regarding course work and thesis research programs. My undergraduate course was in Business Education (Accounting Option)

Would this affect my chances. The guy that is helping me with the whole process has told me that it would nt affect me buh I need to be sure.

Thanks ya all for ur advice

NB: my cgpa is 3.46
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineverest(m): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
CassetteBoy:

study hard for both exams, UofT has high cutoff as you know. if you surpass the cutoff well, it'll give you an edge over others
feel free to pm me if necessary
no cut off mark for gre,but toefl has cut-off mark.....gunning for masters in aerospace engineering.what c.g.p.a do u think is favourable?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yungreezy: 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
martineverest:
same university i'm applying for....january session
hasn't the application deadline passed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineverest(m): 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
yungreezy:
hasn't the application deadline passed?
no

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.