Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005593 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MsLee: 11:37am On Jul 08, 2016
I'm still having the same issue oh.

Is it compulsory to link paper application online?

I'm still having the same issue and everything is correct.

Please advice

datkoded:
kindly check your details again.. Use date of birth and family name. Then enter ur passport details accurately, same with your DLI number, resumption dates Etc.. Make sure it's O and not 0
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mannimakerjnr: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello,

I got refused on the basis of insufficient funds yesterday. I used my uncle's bank statements for the past 5months. I am sure he touched the money in the account.

Now I want to re-apply again. If my other relative (new sponsor) also happens to be an uncle, can I use his statement together with the old one or I could snub the old one and use the statement of the new sponsor.

Will it create an impression that I am trying to deceive the VO?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 11:55am On Jul 08, 2016
mannimakerjnr:
Hello,

I got refused on the basis of insufficient funds yesterday. I used my uncle's bank statements for the past 5months. I am sure he touched the money in the account.

Now I want to re-apply again. If my other relative (new sponsor) also happens to be an uncle, can I use his statement together with the old one or I could snub the old one and use the statement of the new sponsor.

Thanks
VO can't know the amount of money u have in ur account... Banks don't tell them the amount of money u have in ur account... Ask they can tell them is to help them confirm if the account statement given to them is correct or not...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Urbanboy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
mannimakerjnr:
Hello,

Thanks

Which route? Did you link your app online or did you receive a mail from CIC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mannimakerjnr: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
VO can't know the amount of money u have in ur account... Banks don't tell them the amount of money u have in ur account... Ask they can tell them is to help them confirm if the account statement given to them is correct or not...

Does that mean I can use both or should snub the first sponsor. The second has lota of mony thou
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mannimakerjnr: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2016
Urbanboy:

Which route? Did you link your app online or did you receive a mail from CIC?

Online and it took a month and 2 days for the refusal letter to be mailed to me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
mannimakerjnr:

Does that mean I can use both or should snub the first sponsor. The second has lota of mony thou
u can use both as long as u can proof relationship with ur uncle.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Urbanboy(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
Isdeewhy:
Hello lovely colleagues, I really need your help now. Glory to God,my study permit has been approved, so now I want to book my flight, I want to ask if I am to purchase a one way ticket or return ticket. Cos some is telling I must purchase a return ticket, I need your help please.
Congrats! Please did you link your paper application online? Or did you receive a mail from CIC yesterday?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
mannimakerjnr:

Online and it took a month and 2 days for the refusal letter to be mailed to me

Have u done medicals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
mannimakerjnr:
Hello,

Thanks

how much was in your sponsor's account?
how much is your tuition for one year?
how much is in your new sponsor's account?

with this information, we all here can assist..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mannimakerjnr: 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
steffans:

Have u done medicals?

Yh..did upfront but never changed to passed or failed before the refusal letter came. I guess they were more concerned with the financial docs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mannimakerjnr: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
CassetteBoy:

how much was in your sponsor's account?
how much is your tuition for one year?
how much is in your new sponsor's account?

with this information, we all here can assist..

The first one was about 37,000cad
The tuition is 16,000cad
New sponsor has around 200,000usd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mannimakerjnr: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
u can use both as long as u can proof relationship with ur uncle.

Actually, he is not really my Uncle. He is a very close family friend I even call Uncle. How can I convince the VO to make it look like he's my uncle or a very close part of the family?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
How come your upfront medical dont change to pass befor VO issue refusal letter this ppl are joke
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
I need help wit a school that doesnt require GMAT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
MsLee:
I'm still having the same issue oh.

Is it compulsory to link paper application online?

I'm still having the same issue and everything is correct.

Please advice

no it's not compulsory.... Have u gotten any mail at all?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
datkoded:
no it's not compulsory.... Have u gotten any mail at all?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MsLee: 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
Yes i got the VFS response email.

I hope this won't delay my application

[quote author=datkoded post=47330748][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2016
mannimakerjnr:

The first one was about 37,000cad
The tuition is 16,000cad
New sponsor has around 200,000usd

use both.
get convincing statements of sponsorship from them.
your uncle could provide a document that shows his relationship with your dad/mom
the other should state how long he's known you, and any dealings he's had with either of your parents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jaybmich: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
michV:
i am not here to battle words with any1. I speak facts and from experience amongst my friends who are in canada already. If you noted my ending statement i said i was speaking relatively to the concern about the documents listed . Ask people on this thread that if u r idle for a long time/unexplained gaps and you apply for visa..i repeat it again you MUST BE REFUSED on "PURPOSE OF VISIT" and its accomplice. Last month i spoke a ingainst about using maple edu.canada agents and 2 people on this thread who used them and i wldnt want to mention their Monikers have been denied.i dont say nonsense or what i don't know i speak facts as i have mastered the Canada study visa system.moreover my close friend used MAPLE EDU.CANADA,paid almost N600k to them and was denied visa last 2months,their family cried wella. I was the one that helped him apply for his GCMS note and the VO noted program inconsistency as the sole reason for refusal.i dont say rubbish here.if that guy above can be sincere,if he has long gap without covering it/unexplained,he won't get this visa.im not here to sugarcoat words..this is from experience which i have never seen any1 overcome even if he goes to shiloh at cannan land and pray day and night. It can't solve it.moreover with the documents the guy listed i never knew he has submitted,i thought he was asking for review so he will proceed to submitting,that has why i made those comments to cater for any long gap if he has one since i don't know when he finished service.
You should be ashamed of this statement, Two questions...You be God? Or Vo?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
jaybmich:

PLEASE and Please...mind ur statements! When the argument originated and later got buried,i don't think i noticed the presence of this moniker for the past few days and you just emerged from nowhere to re-ignite this.i wouldn't want to express/unleash my innermost dismay on you but if you think you have freedom of speech,continue..But kindly accord yourself some gentleman's respect and vanish..To every1 do the right thing this is when God works

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
michV:
PLEASE and Please...mind ur statements! When the argument originated and later got buried,i don't think i noticed the presence of this moniker for the past few days and you just emerged from nowhere to re-ignite this.i wouldn't want to express/unleash my innermost dismay on you but if you think you have freedom of speech,continue..But kindly accord yourself some gentleman's respect and vanish..To every1 im sorry for underestimating the power of God just that i couldnt delete those line of sentence again as it got spread..

Peace!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by amb001: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
Good afternoon house,
please i am currently considering applying for master's study in Canada. i have found that tuition can be on a very high side (even though there are schs that hv really low tuition). also, i discovered that with funding frm the schs, one may get to pay little or no tuition.

i have a 2.1 and hv done a form of UNPAID grasuate assistantship during my NYSC in a Nigerian tetiary institution so i believe i stand a gd chance of a positive result. i'm really in need of info frm our very experienced members of these thread who have succeeded in getting through this challenge of mine. please my question is:
1. how does one get position for graduate assistantship (research and/or teaching)? i've read somewhere in thread 8 dat u shd contact possible supervisors and state ur request. shd this b done b4 or after application for admission.
2. will d award b given once admission to MSc is confirmed? that is, will the admission letter state that i hv received such award?
3. if i hv such award, will the embassy still require big money in my account to give me a student visa (i knw i need to also prove i can take care of my living expenses)

please, i'm very new in this Canadian matter. my questions are very sketchy. i also knw most or all might hv been treated in the past threads or pages but please all assistance will b very much appreciated.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT HAVE ACHEIVED ASSISTANTSHIP OR KNOW HW TO GO ABOUT IT SHOULD PLEASE ASSIST. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2016
jaybmich:

Shebi he apologised thats he is sorry naaaa. People will not just read past quote,them go just dey type anyhow. Guy man wey u from come sef? Abeg here na Canadian thread,we no want wahala and bad belle.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
mannimakerjnr:
Hello,

Thanks

Sorry to hear that, but I don't think taking money from d account will affect the VO's decision because they can only believe the amount specified is in d account is there, they can't assess it.

The only thing they can do is to verify if d account exist. From what gurus here have said concerning statement of account, declosing d actual amount in a bank customer's account to any other person apart from the owner is a bridge of agreement, no bank will do that except under fraudulent investigation by EFCC.

Request for ur gmsc or what is it called and refire, God will grant you favour

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
flyboi1:
I need help wit a school that doesnt require GMAT

Try university of Manitoba, not all the courses there require prove of test of english
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
abestine:

Try university of Manitoba, not all the courses there require prove of test of english

GMAT is not an English language proficiency test.

It's a graduate entrance exam.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jaybmich: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ethan45:

Shebi he apologised thats he is sorry naaaa. People will not just read past quote,them go just dey type anyhow. Guy man wey u from come sef? Abeg here na Canadian thread,we no want wahala and bad belle.
Oooshey......Mr Advocator!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ethan45:

My brother I tire o.....

People will not just let the sleeping dog lie.

This issue has been dealt with and we've moved on.

Chaii
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
amb001:
Good afternoon house,
please i am currently considering applying for master's study in Canada. i have found that tuition can be on a very high side (even though there are schs that hv really low tuition). also, i discovered that with funding frm the schs, one may get to pay little or no tuition.

i have a 2.1 and hv done a form of UNPAID grasuate assistantship during my NYSC in a Nigerian tetiary institution so i believe i stand a gd chance of a positive result. i'm really in need of info frm our very experienced members of these thread who have succeeded in getting through this challenge of mine. please my question is:
1. how does one get position for graduate assistantship (research and/or teaching)? i've read somewhere in thread 8 dat u shd contact possible supervisors and state ur request. shd this b done b4 or after application for admission.
2. will d award b given once admission to MSc is confirmed? that is, will the admission letter state that i hv received such award?
3. if i hv such award, will the embassy still require big money in my account to give me a student visa (i knw i need to also prove i can take care of my living expenses)

please, i'm very new in this Canadian matter. my questions are very sketchy. i also knw most or all might hv been treated in the past threads or pages but please all assistance will b very much appreciated.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT HAVE ACHEIVED ASSISTANTSHIP OR KNOW HW TO GO ABOUT IT SHOULD PLEASE ASSIST. GOD BLESS YOU

I don't think there's a special procedure for receiving such award.

Most grad school just give the award depending on your academic excellence.

If you have a solid GPA....... It's automatic in most university.

The reason why it's advisable to contact potential supervisor prior is to boost your chances of admission because some institutions require that you secure a supervisor prior to application.

It's also advisable to contact a supervisor prior to applying for admission... By that you will be able to know if he/she has funding.

University of Manitoba they have a fellowship programme called University of Manitoba graduate fellowship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=amb001 post=47332565]Good afternoon house,

BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT HAVE ACHEIVED ASSISTANTSHIP OR KNOW HW TO GO ABOUT IT SHOULD PLEASE ASSIST. GOD BLESS YOU[/quote

1. Graduate assistants jobs can be gotten with the help of your supervisor or dpends on the graduate school office its best you contact which ever school yu av in mind. The issue can be discussed before or after admission offer.

2. Yes most awards are given after admission, some are given alongside admission, some you might need to apply for b4 admission, some your supervisor needs to nominate for, it varies

3. Nd some awards are stated on your admission letter,like entrance awards, for others another letter is issued stating funding type and amount

4. I believe its best to stil show prove of funds for visa purposes evn if yu have funding.

I hope this helps,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Finestlex(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
i still don't get it why folks still go to agencies. i applied my visa myself, in my dad's living room. i mean, am pretty sure i saw the steps and procedures here on nairaland. it was well explained with pictures of where to upload, how to even merge documents, and what to click. the documents needed for your visa application is repeatedly posted on this thread in every part. Agencies don't do any extra ordinary thing that you can't do yourself. School workload here is too much. you gotta learn how to do things yourself. Don't assume you can't do the application yourself, if i can, and i did, you can!!! Putting it to someone that he must be denied isn't right. if you more knowledgeable about something, give him reasons why you think the path he's taking is kinda wrong by relating to others experiences if possible with examples. just my thoughts
michV:
i am not here to battle words with any1. I speak facts and from experience amongst my friends who are in canada already. If you noted my ending statement i said i was speaking relatively to the concern about the documents listed . Ask people on this thread that if u r idle for a long time/unexplained gaps and you apply for visa..i repeat it again you MUST BE REFUSED on "PURPOSE OF VISIT" and its accomplice. Last month i spoke against about using maple edu.canada agents and 2 people on this thread who used them and i wldnt want to mention their Monikers have been denied.i dont say nonsense or what i don't know i speak facts as i have mastered the Canada study visa system.moreover my close friend used MAPLE EDU.CANADA,paid almost N600k to them and was denied visa last 2months,their family cried wella. I was the one that helped him apply for his GCMS note and the VO noted program inconsistency as the sole reason for refusal.i dont say rubbish here.if that guy above can be sincere,if he has long gap without covering it/unexplained,he won't get this visa.im not here to sugarcoat words..this is from experience which i have never seen any1 overcome even if he goes to shiloh at cannan land and pray day and night. It can't solve it.moreover with the documents the guy listed i never knew he has submitted,i thought he was asking for review so he will proceed to submitting,that has why i made those comments to cater for any long gap if he has one since i don't know when he finished service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.