Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006569 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
emma4eva:
Western University finally gave me admission, I have already applied for trv using ryerson University admission for fall semester. What are your plans? Are you still beginning September?

Hopefully by his Grace... We keep looking up on God... Western money no be come chop beans ooo ... Coupled with the unfriendly exchange rate also..

Jah Over Everything...

Congrats on your admission and TRV application...

It will end in praise!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 12:31am On Jul 08, 2016
1soul:
N272.97/$1CAD today using my Diamond credit card via plastiq, paid for my younger bro to Brandon University.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:33am On Jul 08, 2016
michV:
All thanks to the public holidays, moreso i think my tension is calm as @yemdogg,@Ethan45 and @Carter01 made the evening fun..this week from cic and vfs is just minus(-)1 in every expect due to the long public holidays and even accra Ghana sef had public holiday today. So if not tmrw for good news,we hope that next week will be blessed for all expectants! Back to my observing mood as tmrw i go hear am for work place due to rush cos of the public holi.i observed that sm1 who applied 4/05/2016 got medical call 3/06/2016 and also some1 who applied 5/05/2016 got medical call 30/06/2016 and 9/05/2016 was called 30/06/2016 the 3 are paper route.so lets take chill pills and pray as this is done randomly as i v seen and not sequentially. medical call of recent has sometimes turn out not to be a guarantee but atleast it gives hope for ahead preparation with faith and prayers..good nyt

Baba nla I sight you ! At least we tried to make the thread fun....to reduce hbp grin

Tension don go down small grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:37am On Jul 08, 2016
Ethan45:

LOL...Keep on exposing ur yash.So upon all d big big grammar wey una blow for ur purpose of visit and as u go take return naija after your proposed study with the canadian skill and knowledge,na to give oyibo woman belle be ur statement of intent abii? Na d canadian knowlege be dat abiiyemdog nd michvOk naw,Continue,Just know say no be only una waka come grin grin

grin grin grin

Me I no dey there o......I use my naija babe as home tie....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 12:44am On Jul 08, 2016
Isdeewhy:
Hello lovely colleagues, I really need your help now. Glory to God,my study permit has been approved, so now I want to book my flight, I want to ask if I am to purchase a one way ticket or return ticket. Cos some is telling I must purchase a return ticket, I need your help please.

The God of perfection is at work!!!

I see you applied May 3rd. It's beginning to happen folks cheesy

If you want to get PTA (Personal Travel Allowance), then you will need a return ticket other than the obvious reason. By the way, you need to book your flight(s) asap.

Please share your documents with the house.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:56am On Jul 08, 2016
Boss0003680501:
Pls help out, i have been giving acceptance letter to study HRM (Part Time Professional program) in the University of New Brunswick, pls i need help because right now i am so confuse don't know what step to take from here. and i was told that that i can only make payment only if my visa and insurance and other document have been put in place, and the class starts by September 17.

Bros why part-time professional program? I am not questioning your decision or judgment oh....going for a part-time program in Canada has so many disadvantages.

There are several colleges that offer it as a full-time program.

It's a bit late to apply for trv/study permit.... Cos as it is, it seems you haven't started gathering your trv/study permit documents and trust me it takes a while to comfortably gather such documents.

Buh if you insist on applying for trv/study permit now, you should start by gathering your financial documents and by financial documents I mean stuffs like; employment letter, ID Card, study leave, pay stubs,statement of account any other financial documents etc.

Are you using a sponsor? If so, tell your sponsor to gather the listed documents above and to write you a detailed sponsorship letter. You need to prove relationship with sponsor and in doing so you would need documents like; photocopy of the data page of his/her international passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate etc depending on your relationship with him/her.

Am guessing you would need a very detailed and convincing statement of purpose which will be addressed to the Visa Officer stating categorically why you're opting for a part-time professional program in HR in Canada and not your country of residence. I sincerely hope you're able to write a convincing statement of purpose in order not to be delayed on purpose of visit.

Part time programs generally take longer than full-time program.... Please do take your time to prepare a convincing sop. My emphasis is on CONVINCING STATEMENT OF PURPOSE.

Nothing is impossible....just take your time and submit your trv/study permit application.

My advice look for another school that offers HR as a full-time program... I'll give you a hint Conestoga college offers it full-time. Admission is relatively easy too. And you can even apply for winter 2017 and still have enough time to apply for trv/study permit.

Below are the disadvantages of studying part-time in Canada;

YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR A POST GRADUATION WORK PERMIT AFTER CONCLUSION OF YOUR PART-TIME PROGRAM IN CANADA.

YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK WHILE STUDYING IN CANADA ON A PART-TIME BASIS.

So please think this through.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 12:57am On Jul 08, 2016
morenitemi:
I want to link my paper Route to online but I am confuse about some letter
1 . DLI is this O or 0 on O19............... is it a number or an alphabet
I don't know what I am not doing right

It is O, the alphabet not number 0
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faroukfahima(m): 1:54am On Jul 08, 2016
Isdeewhy:
Hello lovely colleagues, I really need your help now. Glory to God,my study permit has been approved, so now I want to book my flight, I want to ask if I am to purchase a one way ticket or return ticket. Cos some is telling I must purchase a return ticket, I need your help please.

Congrats grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 4:59am On Jul 08, 2016
yemdogg:

Aunty you're trying to woo me abi..... Am not interested.

I AM IN LOVE WITH A VO grin

Unless you're a VO nothing is gonna happen between us grin

On a serious note thank you for the compliment wink
. Heheeheheheeheheeh I laugh in french. Ok oh, you don't even know if I'm a VO on this site or if I'm the one handling ur application. Stay there oh. On a serious note u are welcome and keep being gOod. grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 5:56am On Jul 08, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 6:24am On Jul 08, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)

1. Cjrex501;march 30, U of Rcc Toronto, PGC, Online
2. Bjstarpex; march 03, mun, Masters, paper route,Medical request
3. Folafetty: March 23, Niagara College, paper route
4. horlami2: March 20th, Georgian college, Upfront med, PGC, Online
5. Thedreamchaser: April 7, conestoga, PGC, Online
6. Opeyeminas: April 7 Conestoga, pgd, paper route, Upfront medicals. Medical Passed
7. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
8. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route.
9. Grandcommander April 13, Conestoga College, PGC, Paper route, Upfront Medicals.
10. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
11. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route
12. Ajibade001 April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
13. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed
14. Rhegina May 4 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals, Medical Passed
15. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
16. 3jays: May 20th, PGC, Georgian college, online route, upfront medicals
17. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
18. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
19. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals
20. aliACCA :May 26 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals
21. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
22. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
23. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
24. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University
25. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
26. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College
27. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University
28. Giov: June 16th Brandon University, Masters Paper Route. Upfront Medicals
29. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals
30. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
31. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dreamhigh2016(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2016
Please house,how can I link my paper app to my online account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bricksonline: 6:44am On Jul 08, 2016
I applied for study permit on May 9 2016, I gat called for medicals on June 30th 2016. N:B I applied through the paper route

I am bit confused about the linking of application online, Is it compulsory to link your account online and if i don't, is there any implication(s)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2016
Bricksonline:
I applied for study permit on May 9 2016, I gat called for medicals on June 30th 2016. N:B I applied through the paper route

I am bit confused about the linking of application online, Is it compulsory to link your account online and if i don't, is there any implication(s)?
Bro it's really not compulsory.. Just a tool to know your status as soon as the account is updated. As long as you receiving emails there's no big deal because when you link, you'll stop receiving emails and you'll have to log in to your mycic account to check ur status

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 7:20am On Jul 08, 2016
is Canadian dollars closing the gap on US dollars. the whole thing is really confusingly crazy. 9jà is blessed anyways. I'm just beginning to think how tuition payment would play out. someone just said he made a patent with diamond bank master card and it was 272.9 naira to 1CAD. is Canadian dollars closing the gap on US dollars. the whole thing is really confusingly crazy. 9jà is blessed anyways. I'm just beginning to think how tuition payment would play out. someone just said he made a patent with diamond bank master card and it was 272.9 naira to 1CAD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bricksonline: 7:30am On Jul 08, 2016
datkoded:
Bro it's really not compulsory.. Just a tool to know your status as soon as the account is updated. As long as you receiving emails there's no big deal because when you link, you'll stop receiving emails and you'll have to log in to your mycic account to check ur status
Thanks for your kind response @datcoded
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 7:43am On Jul 08, 2016
Bricksonline:
Thanks for your kind response @datcoded
it's nothing much bro, we are just here to walk each other home.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bricksonline: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2016
blaugrana82:
is Canadian dollars closing the gap on US dollars. the whole thing is really confusingly crazy. 9jà is blessed anyways. I'm just beginning to think how tuition payment would play out. someone just said he made a patent with diamond bank master card and it was 272.9 naira to 1CAD. is Canadian dollars closing the gap on US dollars. the whole thing is really confusingly crazy. 9jà is blessed anyways. I'm just beginning to think how tuition payment would play out. someone just said he made a patent with diamond bank master card and it was 272.9 naira to 1CAD.
Canadian dollars is really scarce ,also due to the government not intervening so much again in the provision of foreign currencies,Banks are allowed to fix at their rate...that's just the pain
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 7:48am On Jul 08, 2016
Dreamhigh2016:
Please house,how can I link my paper app to my online account.
Go to the embassy site, click on account and sign up, sign up with a gckey if you have or you create one there. Then use the gckey to sign up ur mycic account, input ur info. When the account is open, scroll down to where u see link prev application to this account. Input the infos needed, they'll search for the application and show u a tab to click to link it. I hope you find this helpful smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 7:50am On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=Arcayo post=47317789][/quote] Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MsLee: 8:28am On Jul 08, 2016
Good morning guys,

Please i need help ohhhh

I submitted my application June 3rd via paper route and i'm trying to link my application online but it says "Based on the information you entered, we found: no applications"

Please what do i do?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 8:50am On Jul 08, 2016
princeade09:
Greetings to everyone in the house. I have a question that could benefit many people here, any opinion is welcome.

Somebody is working somewhere and he is paid monthly though the salary is low due to the fact that it is a form of family work. Therefore the person has a bank account which reflects some monthly fixed savings. So at the time of application, the person's account is very very low, let say the person has no money available in the account, do you think the person could be denied visa though the sponsor is financially good and all the documents from the sponsor is good and ready, do you think the person could be denied visa on the ground of personal asset and financial status?

Just speak out your mind, any opinion is important
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 8:51am On Jul 08, 2016
Greetings to everyone in the house. I have a question that could benefit many people here, any opinion is welcome.

Somebody is working somewhere and he is paid monthly though the salary is low due to the fact that it is a form of family work. Therefore the person has a bank account which reflects some monthly fixed savings. So at the time of application, the person's account is very very low, let say the person has no money available in the account, do you think the person could be denied visa though the sponsor is financially good and all the documents from the sponsor is good and ready, do you think the person could be denied visa on the ground of personal asset and financial status?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2016
princeade09:

I observed that this is like third time you will be asking this question and it seems nobody likes you enough on this thread to answer your question grin

I'll try to answer your question without prejudice. grin

This is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Canadian VOs..

There's nothing wrong in making small or little income....what is important is that you are not idle.

However be careful because if you're a matured person, the VO may pay attention to your personal assets etc.

How long have you been working ? If you've been working for a long time.....the VO would expect you to atleast have some savings or investment in your name especially if you're 28yrs and above.

Do you have landed property or investment here in Nigeria which you can use as home tie. Are u married?

As for your financial capacity to study in Canada... Since you said you have a sponsor who has good flow of funds in his account, I don't think you would be denied in that aspect.. As long as you're able to establish solid relationship with your sponsor and you can provide enough evidence of his source of income and relationship to you.

Like I said earlier if you're a matured individual and has been working for sometime.... It's better to maintain some funds in your account so you won't be denied on the ground of personal assets and tie to home country.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:09am On Jul 08, 2016
MsLee:
Good morning guys,

Please i need help ohhhh

I submitted my application June 3rd via paper route and i'm trying to link my application online but it says "Based on the information you entered, we found: no applications"

Please what do i do?

Thanks

I hope you entered the information the same way you filled your application form.

Also the place if birth is the one on your passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by datkoded(m): 9:26am On Jul 08, 2016
MsLee:
Good morning guys,

Please i need help ohhhh

Please what do i do?

Thanks
kindly check your details again.. Use date of birth and family name. Then enter ur passport details accurately, same with your DLI number, resumption dates Etc.. Make sure it's O and not 0
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 9:56am On Jul 08, 2016
yemdogg:

I observed that this is like third time you will be asking this question and it seems nobody likes you enough on this thread to answer your question grin

I'll try to answer your question without prejudice. grin

This is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Canadian VOs..

There's nothing wrong in making small or little income....what is important is that you are not idle.

However be careful because if you're a matured person, the VO may pay attention to your personal assets etc.

How long have you been working ? If you've been working for a long time.....the VO would expect you to atleast have some savings or investment in your name especially if you're 28yrs and above.

Do you have landed property or investment here in Nigeria which you can use as home tie. Are u married?

As for your financial capacity to study in Canada... Since you said you have a sponsor who has good flow of funds in his account, I don't think you would be denied in that aspect.. As long as you're able to establish solid relationship with your sponsor and you can provide enough evidence of his source of income and relationship to you.

Like I said earlier if you're a matured individual and has been working for sometime.... It's better to maintain some funds in your account so you won't be denied on the ground of personal assets and tie to home country.

Thanx a bunch, every month, there is an amount deducted from my account as a fixed savings to be matured in 5 years which means every month I am been deducted an amount which I can't touch and this will continue till 5 years, it is over two years I subscribed to this savings system and I have been working since 2012. All the working documents are breathing well, but at this particular moment, my account is very low, do you think I should submit my monthly savings receipts and leave out my bank statement or I should still add my bank statement despite it us low but the transactions in it shows the amount I am been deducted every month in the name of savings?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by zeongeon: 10:13am On Jul 08, 2016
princeade09:

Thanx a bunch, every month, there is an amount deducted from my account as a fixed savings to be matured in 5 years which means every month I am been deducted an amount which I can't touch and this will continue till 5 years, it is over two years I subscribed to this savings system and I have been working since 2012. All the working documents are breathing well, but at this particular moment, my account is very low, do you think I should submit my monthly savings receipts and leave out my bank statement or I should still add my bank statement despite it us low but the transactions in it shows the amount I am been deducted every month in the name of savings?
Rather than attach account statement that's too low you can attached shares certificate if u have any or if your sponsor is like your mum or father and they have land properties I think that is enough to tie you back to your country. Finally, if they will give you visa they will give you visa. Don't kill yourself bothering, do you very best, submit and pray and believe that something positive will come out of your application.

I am sounding this way cause I have see bad applications get visas...and I started to have this mixed feeling that probably at the end its not about what you submit or the amount of funds you have got.

I think the VO's at times look beyond how much funds and the documents we submit.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SmithHumble50: 10:48am On Jul 08, 2016
Please ehen...

A friend just called me dis mrng saying he got an email first thing dis mrng saying his PROCESSED Passport has been dispatched for pick up.
The funniest thing is that he did his Medical Update Just yesterday oo..

Has anyone ever gotten an approval like dis?
Or did dey find something incriminating that they couldnt even wait for the medical results or what..

Tho he did upfront medicals.. it was just for the hospital to update his profile with the embassy!!!

Any Ideas?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2016
princeade09:

I think there are several reasons why the VO want an applicant to submit his/her personal statement of account even though you have a sponsor

1. If you claim you've bn working they want to see proof

2. They'll want to check for consistency in your cash inflow, I mean there should be a regular amount that comes in every month , everybody knows people have more than one source of income this days, don't bother ur self trying to explain all the money that comes in

3. They will want knw if in case ur sponsor default sponsoring u at any time, you h will have something to fall back on, either cash or anything u can monetize

4. In case u have family back home, how will they survive, in dat case if ur wife works, u can include her payslip and ur marriage certificate showing you're married to her.

Above all, commit ur application into God's hand, it is not always about how good or bad one's application is, it is about God granting us favour in the sight of the VOVO smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MsLee: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2016
I'm still having the same issue oh.

Please advice

datkoded:
kindly check your details again.. Use date of birth and family name. Then enter ur passport details accurately, same with your DLI number, resumption dates Etc.. Make sure it's O and not 0
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mannimakerjnr: 11:34am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello Guys,

Can I please have three sponsors sponsoring me at the same time. My mum and two other relatives?
Thnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.