Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008220 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MichaelFinn: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2016
hustla:

Thank God
That's still better than usd St almost 400 now

Thanks bro

If you got an account with Stanbic IBTC, they got the best rate. 245 NGN

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MichaelFinn: 9:51am On Aug 05, 2016
hustla:

Information technology / information security

I dont think you will have a problem. What colleges are you applying to ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mzjennypher(f): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2016
Bamz:

At a minimum, tuition and maintenance costs for a year.

If you're presently working, it's imperative that you show a L.O.I from your employer.

thanks @Bamz but i doubt if my employer would give me letter of leave for that long. i intend resigning once i get the admission. Is is compulsory to get a letter from them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by easyxtan: 9:59am On Aug 05, 2016
Sexyqueen2:
Thanks everyone sponsor was my mom. I appreciate, God bless you all. I am happy it is just funds, perhaps, if it was some other ambiguous reasons, I may have been bothered. I will try again, if I am denied again, I will forget Canada and invest in agriculture grin

CIC just welcome my morning with my approval mail waiting on my CIC account. My dear you will not be denial again, I was denied last year for insufficient funds but i requested my Gcms file and found out the problems with my financial statement, very easy, i work on it and did not change any other document, then i was approved. wishing you Good luck in your next application and stay focus.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MichaelFinn: 10:03am On Aug 05, 2016
hustla:

Bro here's mine. I studied mass comm initially at under graduate level in naija but the mass comm industry isn't exactly inspiring.

I then went to India for a year to study IT courses in a bid to switch careers (I've always loved computers and working with them) and I ended up getting 1 certification and about 13 trainings in networking and related areas.I plan on writing about 9 more certifications before applying to Canada for either pgc in information network security or information technology

In your own honest opinion, submitting the certifications alongside my application and probably a good SoP; what chances do I have using the mass comm as a yard stick having In mind the lack of correlation between mass comm and IT? How would the CiC people probably look at it?

All the above is after reasonably proving that I have the required funds of course

Thank you smiley

Get as many certifications as you want. It will go a long way to help with your application. Make sure you're not already doing some courses that will be part of intended program of study. Else, why're you coming to Canada? You dig??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Emmalondon: 10:14am On Aug 05, 2016
ziggy3579:
I know you do, just tell the VO what he needs to hear and get ur TRV, dats d most convincing point of view bro. It's just crazy these Canadians don't see dat som1 could actually change their field irrespective of their first degree.

Hi please in my own case I had a their class in elect/ elect engineering in my first degree from Nigeria. Now I want to go for my PGD in an IT related field like networking or security but some things are still not clear to me. Please kindly answer these questions for me.

* Will I be accepted to do my PGD considering the relationship between my undergraduate degree and the course I intend to study in my PGD.

* will I be able to get a job after my PGD to enable me save money to do my masters degree.

* What is the expected salary for someone with a PGD qualification

* How much does it cost totally to do a PGD program and how long does the program last?

* What is the cost of the cheapest and most affordable accommodation in Canada for a PGD student?

* I hope the Canadian authorities do not student or tell them to leave after completing their program. Or would I need to apply again for extension of my permit if I want to stay and work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 10:19am On Aug 05, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)
1. Crazygurl: April 5th.Conestoga PGD. Medical passed April 18th.
2. Opeyeminas: April 7 Conestoga, pgd, paper route, Upfront medicals. Medical Passed
3. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
4. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed, APPROVED 22nd July. Congrats
5. Grandcommander April 13, Conestoga College, PGC, Paper route, Upfront Medicals.Medical Passed
6. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
7. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed. Approved 22nd July. Congrats
8. Ajibade105: April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
9. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed Approved 20th July Congrats

10. Rhegina May 4 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals,Medical Passed,APPROVED July 13th CONGRATS
11. Aguns2k may 7 paper route, Conestoga college
12. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
13. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
14. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
15. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals Approved 21st July Congrats
16. aliACCA :May 26 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals
17. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
18. Team16: May 26, University of New Brunswick, PhD, Paper route,Medical Passed Approved August 2nd Congrats
19. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
20. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
21. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University, Medical Request
22. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
23. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College
24. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University, Medical request
25. Giov: June 16th Brandon University, Masters Paper Route. Upfront Medicals Medical Passed
26. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals
27. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
28. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jofo: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
what course and have u paid ur tuition fees deposit. Also going to LAMBTON college this fall

I was offered Business administration- International business.... Am yet to pay the tuition fees as am still contemplating whether to use an agent or do it myself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MichaelFinn: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2016
Qwertyasdf:

I see you sent me a PM. Im sorry I cant access the PM function here. If it is a question I haven't already addressed, I will post my email. Just let me know
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 10:46am On Aug 05, 2016
I cry for Nigeria. Imagine CBN directing all banks to sell dollar to pilgrimage at the rate of #197 per $1 while students are buying it at the rate of #330 per $1....they claim we are the leaders of tomorrow and they are making life difficult for us.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/2016-hajj-sell-dollars-to-pilgrims-n197-cbn-authorises-banks/

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2016
ziggy3579:
I know you do, just tell the VO what he needs to hear and get ur TRV, dats d most convincing point of view bro. It's just crazy these Canadians don't see dat som1 could actually change their field irrespective of their first degree.

Yeah I'll put that in mind bro

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 11:01am On Aug 05, 2016
MichaelFinn:

If you got an account with Stanbic IBTC, they got the best rate. 245 NGN

Yeah I do have 1 with Stanbic, current account so maybe I can get a Dom with that and maybe even lesser rates sef

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 11:01am On Aug 05, 2016
Ajayi4:
I have calculated it to be $19.5, I mean fund available., funding $8,000 per year, tuition, 3,700 per year, Board and ACC. 10, 000 and others $3,000
I have 4, 300 excess from funding. I just deducted 4, 000 from 13, 000, personally o, not in the form o. I guess, I have about 9, 000 to provide per year and that is about 2, 190,000.00 in naira.

Hello Yemdogg and others, sorry I wasn't on the thread yesterday, Yes I was offered funding of $8,000 from my school, my tuition is 3,700 per year. I am left with 4,300 to add to Board and Room, and others. My first sponsor has 3m in his account, and declare 3m for me, but 2m will be available for first year. Another sponsor has about 1.8 million, and but declare 3 million, and said for first year he would make available 1.5 also. My calculation is 4,000 remainder of funding, plus 10, 000 room and boarding, plus 3,000 other expenses, plus another 2, 500 in case of unforeseen expenses is equal to $19, 500. How is my chance with this? Pls advise on how to do it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2016
MichaelFinn:

I dont think you will have a problem. What colleges are you applying to ?

Majorly Lambton, I've not started any application, still waiting to write the certs, ielts and put together money.

Durham too is an option but I don't want 1 year course, 2 years so I can get PGWP, I no go like come back this hell hole. People with the highest cisco cert, ccie sef dey find job

It's that bad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2016
Ajayi4:

Hello Yemdogg and others, sorry I wasn't on the thread yesterday, Yes I was offered funding of $8,000 from my school, my tuition is 3,700 per year. I am left with 4,300 to add to Board and Room, and others. My first sponsor has 3m in his account, and declare 3m for me, but 2m will be available for first year. Another sponsor has about 1.8 million, and but declare 3 million, and said for first year he would make available 1.5 also. My calculation is 4,000 remainder of funding, plus 10, 000 room and boarding, plus 3,000 other expenses, plus another 2, 500 in case of unforeseen expenses is equal to $19, 500. How is my chance with this? Pls advise on how to do it. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2016
Qwertyasdf:

Just tell me a bank location in lagos or anywhere that wouldn't direct you to a MALLAM or tell you they don't have dollar... Please am interested if there is any.

Ah me I dunno Sha. I do have contacts inside bank so it might not be a problem.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2016
MichaelFinn:

Get as many certifications as you want. It will go a long way to help with your application. Make sure you're not already doing some courses that will be part of intended program of study. Else, why're you coming to Canada? You dig??

Exactly, I was thinking that too. Cos some of them are part of the curriculum. Maybe I'll just add some and not mention others so I can use for job hunt in Canada

Wouldn't like to come and now be hustling for certs, there might not be much time or funds
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
I cry for Nigeria. Imagine CBN directing all banks to sell dollar to pilgrimage at the rate of #197 per $1 while students are buying it at the rate of #330 per $1....they claim we are the leaders of tomorrow and they are making life difficult for us.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/2016-hajj-sell-dollars-to-pilgrims-n197-cbn-authorises-banks/

The earlier you dump that leaders of tomorrow crap and face reality, the better. The earlier you get your behind out of naija, the better,cos things will get worse for sure.

God help us

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 11:12am On Aug 05, 2016
hustla:

The earlier you dump that leaders of tomorrow crap and face reality, the better. The earlier you get your behind out of naija, the better,cos things will get worse for sure.

God help us
Amen oooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 11:23am On Aug 05, 2016
* you would be accepted,I will suggest u use Maple education for your admission. It's fast nd reliable
* yes u would get a well paying job that u can save from and pay for your Msc. Msc isn't as expensive as PGD
* I can't say, it varies but u will get a good job
* it varies with diff schools, just budget $CAD 20,000 at least for tuition. Pgd last for 1-2years
* accommodation varies with d province you re schooling and ur taste. $400-600 per month. It could b less
* no they won't. After you study You will apply for a postgraduate work permit, which will enable u work full time for the maximum of 3 years depending on d length of ur program i.e
1year course= 1year PGWP
2years coourse= 2-3years PGWP

Emmalondon:

* Will I be accepted to do my PGD considering the relationship between my undergraduate degree and the course I intend to study in my PGD.
* will I be able to get a job after my PGD to enable me save money to do my masters degree.
* What is the expected salary for someone with a PGD qualification
* How much does it cost totally to do a PGD program and how long does the program last?
* What is the cost of the cheapest and most affordable accommodation in Canada for a PGD student?
* I hope the Canadian authorities do not student or tell them to leave after completing their program. Or would I need to apply again for extension of my permit if I want to stay and work?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Toluwaase(m): 11:27am On Aug 05, 2016
hustla:

Yeah I do have 1 with Stanbic, current account so maybe I can get a Dom with that and maybe even lesser rates sef

Thanks

Pls, can anyone tell us how to get Naira converted to CAD in GTB and Stanbic.

Just walk into the bank and request for forex conversion?

Please, inform us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2016
Ajayi4:

Boss I think you're good to go.

Below is your fund available.

8k cad + 2m+1.5m= 5.4m Naira

5.4m is an equivalence of 22.2k cad.

For the first year.

Your funding letter states 8k cad.....just leave it like that.

Your tuition is already stated on your admission letter am sure the VO would do the deductions.

Ensure that your sponsors explain and adumbrate further on how the funding will be made available to you. By that I mean yearly.

Your room and board should be roughly 10k cad...other expenses should probably be 2k cad or whatever. Just make sure your room and board is up to 10k cad.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nifeicon: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2016
Good day my Nairaland family,
Thank God for all the Love and great concerns shown on this forum.
Please I need your kind advise. Am about to conclude a 1styr HR PGDC and ready to apply for a 2ndyr course, I need a course that can provide Job asap so it can qualify me for work permit.
Am grateful to you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jurobi26: 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hlo house, please is there anybody in the house who applied for an MSc program in the University of Winnipeg?, to resume January(winter), if there are, please have u gotten ur admission leta?, will b waiting for a response. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Toluwaase:

Pls, can anyone tell us how to get Naira converted to CAD in GTB and Stanbic.

Just walk into the bank and request for forex conversion?

Please, inform us.

I'm not so sure but that's what I'd do
I asked at Skye bank and I was referred to a guy like that. Didn't have time to ask though so I guess Stanbic will be same
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by foreverkind1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Please is their anybody who as been accepted into a PGD or PGc with a 3rd class degree ? Or anybody with Any idea about schools that accept 3rd class for PGD or PGC should please indicate. Thanks And God bless angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
nifeicon:
Please I need your kind advise. Am about to conclude a 1styr HR PGDC and ready to apply for a 2ndyr course, I need a course that can provide Job asap so it can qualify me for work permit.
Am grateful to you all

Mental health
Nursing
Emergency medical responder
Cpr courses
Information technology

Anything health related actually

These are from my own researches o and google is your friend wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
DID YOU GO FOR SEPTEMBER SESSION OR January, IF JAN , HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO HANDLE THE Deferment AND POE ? as for second course, can you share what courses your hr colleagues are looking at as second choice? we can start from there too

do yo
nifeicon:
Am grateful to you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
I can agree with you esp 1 ,3,4... ... they are just whats on my mind, social work related courses.. job is certain
hustla:

Mental health
Nursing
Emergency medical responder
Cpr courses
Information technology

Anything health related actually

These are from my own researches o and google is your friend wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
opia12345:
I can agree with you esp 1 ,3,4... ... they are just whats on my mind, social work related courses.. job is certain

You're in Canada?
A friend in Bc told me about the nursing ones, found out that It jobs pay the same as the nursing ones if not more sometimes

Na open mind I get, as long as it makes the money, I'm. Wiling to do it

You should check out machine operating jobs too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
im not in cnd yet.. almost, and you are very right IT jobs pays more but I feel getting nursing job is faster
hustla:

You're in Canada?
A friend in Bc told me about the nursing ones, found out that It jobs pay the same as the nursing ones if not more sometimes

Na open mind I get, as long as it makes the money, I'm. Wiling to do it

You should check out machine operating jobs too

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.