Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,647 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008364 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
Please kindly confirm if my funding is OK based on the details below.
Scholarship award=$16000
Tuition=$5850
Dads statement of account closing balance=1 mil
School=usask

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
Conestoga TRV hopefuls, if you have not paid your first semester tuition fee your acceptance letter expire today.
CIC might ask for another LOA if your TRV will be approve
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nony1:
Please kindly confirm if my funding is OK based on the details below.
Scholarship award=$16000
Tuition=$5850
Dads statement of account closing balance=1 mil
School=usask

Please nony increase daddy statement of account even tho you have funding, or add other means of funds, deeds, treasury bills or so
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have a B.Sc in Economics. I want to apply for Agricultural Economics. Hope CIC won't see it as a career change?

In my opinion, the two courses are related. What do u guys think?

Please someone should respond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
I wasted my vote.....seriously this is the worst govt i have ever seen....why is it that when we are crying of one bad govt,the next one will be worst?,i heard it in the news,even at that rate for student it is not available,so all this high exchange rate is artificial,delibrately done by this govt for us not to be able to improve on ourselves,they have destroyed the education in Nigeria,all their children are over there,them dey lie.....all their appointments in govt are all old pple,which way now for this country?
adebayoolatunji:
I cry for Nigeria. Imagine CBN directing all banks to sell dollar to pilgrimage at the rate of #197 per $1 while students are buying it at the rate of #330 per $1....they claim we are the leaders of tomorrow and they are making life difficult for us.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/2016-hajj-sell-dollars-to-pilgrims-n197-cbn-authorises-banks/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
opia12345:
im not in cnd yet.. almost, and you are very right IT jobs pays more but I feel getting nursing job is faster

Okay bro
May God bless our way
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
easyxtan:

CIC just welcome my morning with my approval mail waiting on my CIC account. My dear you will not be denial again, I was denied last year for insufficient funds but i requested my Gcms file and found out the problems with my financial statement, very easy, i work on it and did not change any other document, then i was approved. wishing you Good luck in your next application and stay focus.

Pls what was the issue with ur financial statement??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
KweenCee:
Hi everyone,

I have a B.Sc in Economics. I want to apply for Agricultural Economics. Hope CIC won't see it as a career change?

In my opinion, the two courses are related. What do u guys think?

Please someone should respond.
To the best of my knowledge, I believe there have connection which you must emphasis in your SOP. Just rethink about it as it will xray the goals which will be focused on agricultural production and the country's utilization and how it has contributed to the Nigerian economy while applying some economic theories which will enhance the growth /wealth of nations I.e taking Nigeria as a case study before independence, Agriculture contributed most of her GDP and there was food security and increased productivity. Then you relate the current situation which has made citizens to invest much in Agriculture. Recently Anambra state exported Vegetables to Europe so as to earn foreign exchange which contributes in the economic development of Anambra and Nigeria. You can even show them the progression and regression table so as to prove to them of your passion for agricultural economics.

All these is what you need to highlight in your SOP.

Which University did you attended first?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
My fellow TRV hopefuls, pls what bank can I get the cheapest and fastest rate for tuition payment? I'm talking about form A. cos the rate I heard from someone on this thread from standard chartered bank is outrageous. pls help me out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
I cry for Nigeria. Imagine CBN directing all banks to sell dollar to pilgrimage at the rate of #197 per $1 while students are buying it at the rate of #330 per $1....they claim we are the leaders of tomorrow and they are making life difficult for us.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/2016-hajj-sell-dollars-to-pilgrims-n197-cbn-authorises-banks/
i think the best thing is to clinch any pilgrim oh.. no time to check time

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
hustla:

Majorly Lambton, I've not started any application, still waiting to write the certs, ielts and put together money.

Durham too is an option but I don't want 1 year course, 2 years so I can get PGWP, I no go like come back this hell hole. People with the highest cisco cert, ccie sef dey find job

It's that bad
oga one year program can also fetch you a PGWP but it's for a year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
Arcayo:
Conestoga TRV hopefuls, if you have not paid your first semester tuition fee your acceptance letter expire today.
CIC might ask for another LOA if your TRV will be approve
is it for winter or fall? I'm sure it's not for winter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
blaugrana82:
is it for winter or fall? I'm sure it's not for winter
Fall
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kanayogod(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
mzjennypher:

thanks @Bamz but i doubt if my employer would give me letter of leave for that long. i intend resigning once i get the admission. Is is compulsory to get a letter from them?
Why resign when you are yet to get TRV? I will suggest you use whatever company/employment documents you have. Don't resign simply because you have admission form Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
bjmme:
I wasted my vote.....seriously this is the worst govt i have ever seen....why is it that when we are crying of one bad govt,the next one will be worst?,i heard it in the news,even at that rate for student it is not available,so all this high exchange rate is artificial,delibrately done by this govt for us not to be able to improve on ourselves,they have destroyed the education in Nigeria,all their children are over there,them dey lie.....all their appointments in govt are all old pple,which way now for this country?

@bjmme it dosent bother me again. If dem like mak dem make am 1USD to 900NGN, it worries me not. Our God will make a way for us, no be people like us dey travel come bak wey dis thing no dey bother dem, why is it our turn now and they are bringing up this unpleasantness.
I believe this is a moment of trial nd no condition is permanent, So long as Oluwa no dey share throne with person, this will surely pass nd i will live to tell my children the story.
The sky is wide enuph for every bird to fly, no bird willmsay d reason why his making things hard for us is becos when we reach the top we go better pass am,so his blocking every route nd means for us to develop wings nd better our flight and teaching the fruit of their loins rocket science.
Ok now. Why i like Naija people be say we no dey carry last, we grind so hard until we make it, u seldom see a naija citizen who goes to canny nd misbehaves, forgetting where he is coming from. Hmmmm, We all know that our country is not a bed of roses so we work so hard not to fall our hands nd bring shame to our paale. Na why Trump wan comot every naija pesn wey dey US becos say we gallant, we dey hustle 3 jobs a day, still craving for more.
So my dear, e go better, Our predecessors here has seen worse than these during there time so we gas to fasten our seat belt nd take anything that comes our way cos this journey is not easy. cool cool cool Am sorry for my long comment.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jurobi26: 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
Plz, any1 here who's running his MSc program at the University of Winnipeg winter term, if there are, have u gotten ur admission letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
Mikymiko:
To the best of my knowledge, I believe there have connection which you must emphasis in your SOP. Just rethink about it as it will xray the goals which will be focused on agricultural production and the country's utilization and how it has contributed to the Nigerian economy while applying some economic theories which will enhance the growth /wealth of nations I.e taking Nigeria as a case study before independence, Agriculture contributed most of her GDP and there was food security and increased productivity. Then you relate the current situation which has made citizens to invest much in Agriculture. Recently Anambra state exported Vegetables to Europe so as to earn foreign exchange which contributes in the economic development of Anambra and Nigeria. You can even show them the progression and regression table so as to prove to them of your passion for agricultural economics.

All these is what you need to highlight in your SOP.

Which University did you attended first?

Thanks for your response.
University of Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nifeicon: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
hustla:

Mental health
Nursing
Emergency medical responder
Cpr courses
Information technology

Anything health related actually

These are from my own researches o and google is your friend wink

Thank you for feedback,

I tried the Nursing line but wastold its 2yrs. The cost will be to much now. With this xchange issues.
What i was looking at is the International Business Management , It has 3months internship with no pay. the course is 3semester.

What do you think ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
I will never bow down...thanks for those words
Ethan45:

@bjmme it dosent bother me again. If dem like mak dem make am 1USD to 900NGN, it worries me not. Our God will make a way for us, no be people like us dey travel come bak wey dis thing no dey bother dem, why is it our turn now and they are bringing up this unpleasantness.
I believe this is a moment of trial nd no condition is permanent, So long as Oluwa no dey share throne with person, this will surely pass nd i will live to tell my children the story.
The sky is wide enuph for every bird to fly, no bird willmsay d reason why his making things hard for us is becos when we reach the top we go better pass am,so his blocking every route nd means for us to develop wings nd better our flight and teaching the fruit of their loins rocket science.
Ok now. Why i like Naija people be say we no dey carry last, we grind so hard until we make it, u seldom see a naija citizen who goes to canny nd misbehaves, forgetting where he is coming from. Hmmmm, We all know that our country is not a bed of roses so we work so hard not to fall our hands nd bring shame to our paale. Na why Trump wan comot every naija pesn wey dey US becos say we gallant, we dey hustle 3 jobs a day, still craving for more.
So my dear, e go better, Our predecessors here has seen worse than these during there time so we gas to fasten our seat belt nd take anything that comes our way cos this journey is not easy. cool cool cool Am sorry for my long comment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
nifeicon:

Thank you for feedback,

I tried the Nursing line but wastold its 2yrs. The cost will be to much now. With this xchange issues.
What i was looking at is the International Business Management , It has 3months internship with no pay. the course is 3semester.

What do you think ?

Ah bro I'm not a guru On these matters, just someone who would love to be in Canada soon
I have someone in Canada who went for MBA but left the school and has been working for 4 or 5 months now so she can get fees and then switch to nursing. So far, she said she's made 8k cad in 4 months, not bad if you ask me

If you really want to toe that line, you should try and get in then switch courses or something. I don't really know much bout the management course but I doubt positions would really be open to foreigners that much

You can Google and be sure and hopefully gurus will answer you

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uchethalia101: 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
@Rheginarh whats up? When are are you leaving for BC. You didn't get back to me about the ITA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adeolams: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2016

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
uchethalia101:
@Rheginarh whats up? When are are you leaving for BC. You didn't get back to me about the ITA

Uchethelia hi, i tink yu av me confused with sum1 else, am goin to manitoba not bc, i dont tink we discussed any ITA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uchethalia101: 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
rheginarh:

Uchethelia hi, i tink yu av me confused with sum1 else, am goin to manitoba not bc, i dont tink we discussed any ITA

You are right. Sorry!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ngobaby23: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
hustla:

Ah bro I'm not a guru On these matters, just someone who would love to be in Canada soon
I have someone in Canada who went for MBA but left the school and has been working for 4 or 5 months now so she can get fees and then switch to nursing. So far, she said she's made 8k cad in 4 months, not bad if you ask me

If you really want to toe that line, you should try and get in then switch courses or something. I don't really know much bout the management course but I doubt positions would really be open to foreigners that much

You can Google and be sure and hopefully gurus will answer you

Cheers
as in did she go in for masters prior to switching?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
mzjennypher:

thanks @Bamz but i doubt if my employer would give me letter of leave for that long. i intend resigning once i get the admission. Is is compulsory to get a letter from them?

Please read carefully. Letter of Introduction (L.O.I) and Leave Letter are two different things.

The L.O I tells the V.O that you are working (includes you employment details etc), and your purpose for going to Canada. It's your choice whether to include leave letter or not.

The leave notification could also be explicitly stated in your L.O.I

There are no hard and fast rules. The only rule I've learnt is simplicity. There are so many apps these guys deal with, writing too many stories an what not is at your discretion.

Your employers are humans. Explain to them why a leave letter is important to you if at all you need one.

By the way, the leave letter could as well serve as a hometie, you know the idea that your job is secure when you return and all that.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dior2016: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
God please touch this vos to approve and release my passport nah,today makes it 4 months sad since 5th april this is unfair!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
humbleosazee:
Pls someone should help me out, I need advice because me no understand all this CIC again oooooo, I just paid my first semester tuition fee since the due date is tomorrow 5th of August, is it advisable for me to send the payment receipt to CIC? Pls i need someone opinion.

Pls @arcayo michv and all pls answer me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2016
ngobaby23:
as in did she go in for masters prior to switching?

She went for MBA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kakamsi: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
nwugon:
Please guys I need your candid advice.in my certificates I have my father's name as surname,application for admission same father's surname,first international passport same father's surname. Now married and I want to renew my passport with my husbands surname because of my children,meanwhile my elder brother is my sponsor,now the risk in this my latest change of name is that I won,t have the same surname with my sponsor and if I did not use my husbands name to apply for study permit,my kids are going to have a different surname.now admission application my father's name,visa application husbands name.candid opinion would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Madam I will advice you not to change your name now, is going to complicate things for you now, and you will not want to go through the trouble of changing your name now. The only thing you need to prove that your children are yours is their birth certificate. Just add your marriage certificate, your children's birth certificate and their passport data pages also your husband's passport data that is enough prove.

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.