Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007483 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ngezee:

i heartily congratulate you and i tap into your testimony. it is simply woow. please, when exactly did you apply ?

27 June

approx 7 weeks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
sammymexi:

pls gurus in the house....if someone applied with an Upfront Medicals, would d person still see "Medical Passed" in his CIC account ( under REVIEW OF MEDICALS)?
because I applied since May 31st and haven't seen anything but "Application Open" in my CIC account. should I be expecting a 'medical passed' update first or d almighty TRV...? pls

you will get medical update. I did upfront medical too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by borvick(f): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
Submitted: 2nd June, paper route, vfs, upfront medical
Unknown date:medical passed
Approval mail: August 11
Passport dispatch, POE letter ready

Documents submitted
CIC forms
Sponsof Mother Soa of 4.7m
Mothers work document with Pension statement of 1.7m
Cooperative statemenf 1.5m
SOP
Mother 6 months payslip
Mother lntroduction letter from my company
Different name with mother
Birth certificate
Police report
Unconditional admission letter
Mother Copy of title deed and survey plan of property
Mothers copy of staff id card, data page US and UK
Travel history: Expired UK visa page
Secondary sch results.

Much more prayers and the Redeemed Convention prophesies claimed.

Praise God for me...

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Adagody:
My dear nairalanders, i've been a silent follower of this thread and it really helped me a lot. I just got my approval mail today and i want to share with everyone incase it might help someone.

Date submitted: july 13, paper route, vfs, upfront medical
Update: August 15, medical passed
Approval mail: August 19
Awaiting dispatch and poe letter

Documents submitted
CIC forms
Personal soa of 3.2
Sponsor soa of 5.4m (company i work for)
Co-sponsor soa of $25,000 (father in law)
My SOP
Employment letter copy from my current workplace and the last workplace
6 months payslip
Introduction letter from my company
Marriage certificate
Birth certificate
Upfront medical

I thank God for all his favour and blessings.

Congratulations my brother...

Ur application seems so fast.. Approximately 6 weeks right?

Please 2 quick questions:

1. Did they call you for medicals or they just updated to "medical passed" from d upfront medicals u attached?

2. Why didn't you go for a PhD.. Since u have masters from UK?

Congratulations again!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
travy:
...I canceled my Canadian visa application and requested a refund a week ago. I got my U.S. visa approved on Monday.
If you think all they are just doing is scrutinize application, you are wrong. Their main objective is to apply what is called Social Engineering, they are applying social and human control into the approval or denial process, that's why you will see some applicant who waited 20 weeks get denied with silly reasons like "Purpose of visit".

They need to treat all applicant with respect and dignity. I support those that have also contacted the Canadian immigration minister, I have also bitterly and constructively gave them a piece of my mind. Let's all speak up when we see injustice, by doing that, we are helping future applicants.

Good luck everyone.
While I normally am not a conspiracy theorist, I have to agree with you that I think there may be a bit of social engineering (whether premeditated or not) going on. I think the excessively long processing times may be a way to discourage too many Nigerian applicants from reapplying, but I (paradoxically) doubt that CIC Accra/Lagos have premeditated to use this strategy -- it probably just fell on their lap and they don't care to think about it. To them it's sort of a "good" side effect to a situation that they didn't necessary premeditate (long processing times).

I would like to suggest to others who find it hard to go to Canada to consider the US. While US education is more expensive in some cases (stronger currency), there are more scholarships (and wayyy more schools) if you are willing to take and excel at tests like the SAT (undergrad) or GRE/GMAT (grad). I live and did all my post-secondary school education in the US and love it (it's not a perfect country tho, lol). I do love Canada too as the people are very kind/friendly and the socioeconomic outcomes for their citizens don't have as many extremes compared to the US --> what I mean by this is that in the US you can become extremely rich by working hard, but you could also become poor if you had some crazy disease and lost your job and had no family and some other crazy shiit happened.

I think that people who have tried Canada and have been rejected multiple times may actually have a better chance to get a US visa if they used the Canada application process to learn what VOs need to be convinced about. VOs of any country first and foremost need to be convinced about your purpose of visit; a face-to-face interview at the US embassy gives you the opportunity to apply what you have learned through the grueling Canadian visa application process.

This is not to discourage applicants to Canada though, keep pushing.

Edited: Germany is another country to consider.

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Does concordia uni require English language test from Naija applicants?

akol07:
I just got an approval from CIC.

Details below:

Application date: 16th June
Medicals: Upfront
Paper Route
BSc: Systems Engineering
Graduate Course: MEng Industrial Engineering
School: Concordia University
Approval date: 19th August

All the best to others waiting on theirs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
I fully agree that there's no need to create a dichotomy between PGD/PGC and masters applicants. The average processing time is 15 weeks, which means that it affects everyone in some way. Even if we think PGD/PGC applicants might be affected more, this notion may not be correct because the applicants on the thread are only a small subset of all those who apply to CIC Lagos/Accra.
Infinity2020:
Your assertion is baseless. I am going for Masters (Thesis-based) in Civil Engineering. With a full funding/scholarship and my application is 17 weeks. I haven't been called for medical yet. Stop saying that it is PGD/PGC that is treated unfairly. There are many masters students that haven't gotten their TRV yet. Most of them are not on nairaland. Please do your research well before you come here to make a baseless claim. Stop complicating issues and put your hope on God. Each person case is different in the eye of the VOs. We should pray for grace. It is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy (Rom 9:16).

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
The way we are taking this delay and processing time is alarming. Also it may have negative side effect. Its not our right to study in Canada, we are only seeking for opportunity from cic that's why we need to apply for the visa. If you want to come to my house and I don't want you to come, there is nothing you can do about it. Most of us are going for PGD/PGC coz the admission is faster and less rigorous. We applied for PGC and get it in two weeks and we are also looking for visa immediately. We should ask masters applicant what they passed through before getting admissions.
if you really want to go to Canada, you have to give them what they want. Having 2 2 is not in any way an excuse. countless of 2 2 students have secured admission here on Nairaland and outside Nairaland with their result. Try and get your masters, mail your program advisors, try as many schools as possible you will definitely get it. You may decide to go to any school when you gets to Canada, the main objective is to enter Canada.
You may try to do a PGD in Nigeria before applying for masters or even PhD. Someone on this thread got PhD admission with PGD. nothing is impossible but we must make sure that we are ready to give it what it takes.

All the best.

19 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Infinity2020: 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
thesoj:
I fully agree that there's no need to create a dichotomy between PGD/PGC and masters applicants. The average processing time is 15 weeks, which means that it affects everyone in some way. Even if we think PGD/PGC applicants might be affected more, this notion may not be correct because the applicants on the thread are only a small subset of all those who apply to CIC Lagos/Accra.

Well said bro. What will be will be.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by minnietope(f): 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
michV:
Does concordia uni require English language test from Naija applicants?

It depends on the course of study.

M.Eng does not
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
sammymexi:

pls gurus in the house....if someone applied with an Upfront Medicals, would d person still see "Medical Passed" in his CIC account ( under REVIEW OF MEDICALS)?
because I applied since May 31st and haven't seen anything but "Application Open" in my CIC account. should I be expecting a 'medical passed' update first or d almighty TRV...? pls
pdg or msc??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Olargee: 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
please excuse sir/ma, are the tuition of MSc and PGC/PGD the same thing? But for last minute unfortunate events, i was to go to UK last year and I got admission offers at two very top universities under a month after applying! Whatever angle you wanna use to spin this this their bad behavior, the bottom line is that they are piss takers.quote author=metrecube post=4863043the way we are taking this delay and processing time is alarming. Also it may have negative side effect. Its not our right to study in Canada, we are only seeking for opportunity from cic that's why we need to apply for the visa. If you want to come to my house and I don't want you to come, there is nothing you can do about it. Most of us are going for PGD/PGC coz the admission is faster and less rigorous. We applied for PGC and get it in two weeks and we are also looking for visa immediately. We should ask masters applicant what they passed through before getting admissions.
if you really want to go to Canada, you have to give them what they want. Having 2 2 is not in any way an excuse. countless of 2 2 students have secured admission here on Nairaland and outside Nairaland with their result. Try and get your masters, mail your program advisors, try as many schools as possible you will definitely get it. You may decide to go to any school when you gets to Canada, the main objective is to enter Canada.
You may try to do a PGD in Nigeria before applying for masters or even PhD. Someone on this thread got PhD admission with PGD. nothing is impossible but we must make sure that we are ready to give it what it takes.

All the best.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Olargee: 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
The Tension here is fever pitch. The lesson to be learned here is that nobody should keep all their eggs in CIC's basket...they obviously do not take these applications nearly as urgent or as importantly as we perceive they ought to. Stop paying advance tuition (being overly invested financially) and apply for alternatives (SA, USA, Australia etc)...spread opportunities rather than waiting on these guys for weeks unending. For paper applicants, let's stop submitting our passports on the reason for needing to use it during their infinity visa processing period...if they have visa to give, let them ask for it.

UK universities have started to come on radio to advertise their schools, listened to Coventry uni this morning asking people to still come apply for next month's semester. they recognize this country is a big market and patronage is in a free fall because of the exchange rate and unaccommodating immigration options for international students.

I doubt if the mails you're all ending would make any difference. They most likely wouldn't even be read by him. And frankly, we are non Canadians outside Canadian territories, how is your headache his headache? Got a problem with the processing time, first email them, if nothing then drag 'em out and confront in public on twitterr and FB...they have accounts I should assume. Tag as many associated institutions and parastatals. If they are going to take a piss, our 55k gives us the licence to make it messy!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
i am interested in the MEng program,can i PM you?

quote author= minnietope post=48631388]

It depends on the course of study.

M.Eng does not
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
Agnostic atheist here, haha. grin
okechukwu101:

Oga, I believe most peeps here are spiritual people. It is glaring that the CIC process is generally inconsistent for us Nigerians and it is now far from being a case by case issue. What is not ideal, is not ideal. CIC is not being fair and just here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Williamsobodo(m): 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Was delayed today after 8weeks wait. No medical call.
Applied June 22nd, U of Guelph, diploma. My concern is it seems the VO didn't even look at the application cos there was no specific reason given. No box was checked. Please gurus how can I tackle this?

1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
Williamsobodo:
Applied June 22nd, U of Guelph, diploma. My concern is it seems the VO didn't even look at the application cos there was no specific reason given. No box was checked. Please gurus how can I tackle this?
open with a laptop wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
Open the pdf on a PC, not a tablet or phone.
Williamsobodo:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
Olargee:
please excuse sir/ma, are the tuition of MSc and PGC/PGD the same thing? But for last minute unfortunate events, i was to go to UK last year and I got admission offers at two very top universities under a month after applying! Whatever angle you wanna use to spin this this their bad behavior, the bottom line is that they are piss takers.quote author=metrecube post=4863043the way we are taking this delay and processing time is alarming. Also it may have negative side effect. Its not our right to study in Canada, we are only seeking for opportunity from cic that's why we need to apply for the visa. If you want to come to my house and I don't want you to come, there is nothing you can do about it. Most of us are going for PGD/PGC coz the admission is faster and less rigorous. We applied for PGC and get it in two weeks and we are also looking for visa immediately. We should ask masters applicant what they passed through before getting admissions.

All the best.
see dis guy. u tink say UK and Canada na d same ni??. if u get admission for UK go na! No post work, nobody will offer u graduate work unless u studied computer science like some of my colleagues did and pls don't mention the high cost of living. fact is UK, US, CANADA..nobody owes u shit!! u have got to take it. my older brother applied six years ago for a pgd..cic delayed his application for 12weeks he abandoned it and made another app but with msc cic gave him his trv in 5weeks he has settled over there. my point? U can wine and pout and blame cic all u want..they have been delaying apps for a long time and will continue to..quit bitching and take what u want if u rily want it. some pple have applied upto five times with final success. move on..look for more schools.. learn from mistakes and take what u want if u want it. everybody has failed some more than others I have had my share too. fact is CIC will not change for u write all d letters u want to. let us stop with this victimizatn kind of mentality and ask ourselves how can I accomplish my dream. other countries dey Oo nobi only cani.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Williamsobodo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
thesoj:
Open the pdf on a PC, not a tablet or phone.

Okay, will do that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Why am i not surprised?
Receive Jesus today.
I don't know you but I pray for you to receive Jesus the Saviour. You are obviously a very intelligent young man; What shall it profit you if you lose your soul in the end. Not judging you, just telling you to receive Jesus.
thesoj:
Agnostic atheist here, haha. grin

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
lol. I don't want to derail the thread sha. Let's just say I used to be super duper Christian until I did a lot of curious reading on world history (starting from 2500 years ago), history of religions, history of the Bible's compilation (the Emperor Constantine's role in particular), evidence for Jesus' existence/resurrection, etc.

If you want to chat a lot more about this, you can send me a PM and we can talk more. Do keep in mind though that I know the Bible like mad! And when I was Christian I used to have so called "spiritual experiences" lol, but the "experiences" make more naturalistic sense to me now.

Anyways, I don't wanna derail the thread. Apologies y'all. grin
NonelikeGod:
Why am i not surprised?
Receive Jesus today.
I don't know you but I pray for you to receive Jesus the Saviour. You are obviously a very intelligent young man; What shall it profit you if you lose your soul in the end. Not judging you, just telling you to receive Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
NonelikeGod:
Why am i not surprised?
Receive Jesus today.
my madam! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sammymexi(m): 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
kisstaye:

pdg or msc??

Diploma...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
Aah I see, you were very curious indeed...just like Saul before he became Paul.
In other words you don't believe in God? The thought of it makes me want to cry for you Nna. Many Americans are either Luke warm Christians or atheist because it's convenient for them.
My guy, youl be very useful in the kingdom of God trust me. You seem like such a selfless, generous soul. But then again that's the kind of people sat an is interested in, he doesn't go after useless people or people who have nothing to offer.

thesoj:
lol. I don't want to derail the thread sha. Let's just say I used to be super duper Christian until I did a lot of curious reading on world history (starting from 2500 years ago), history of religions, history of the Bible's compilation (the Emperor Constantine's role in particular), evidence for Jesus' existence/resurrection, etc.

If you want to chat a lot more about this, you can send me a PM and we can talk more. Do keep in mind though that I know the Bible like mad! And when I was Christian I used to have so called "spiritual experiences" lol, but the "experiences" make more naturalistic sense to me now.

Anyways, I don't wanna derail the thread. Apologies y'all. grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
Haha. Let's not talk about this here cos whenever the religion topic gets discussed (with atheists) people can get really agitated, hyped up, incredulous, and angry. lol. You are welcome to send me a PM if you want to discuss further. I definitely don't believe in claims about the existence of gods, satan, demons & spirits though. Edited: If any god(s) unambiguously reveals itself in the clouds to me and everyone else at the same time (just to be sure I'm not hallucinating or brainwashed) then I will believe, lol.
NonelikeGod:
Aah I see, you were very curious indeed...just like Saul before he became Paul.
In other words you don't believe in God? The thought of it makes me want to cry for you Nna. Many Americans are either Luke warm Christians or atheist because it's convenient for them.
My guy, youl be very useful in the kingdom of God trust me. You seem like such a selfless, generous soul. But then again that's the kind of people sat an is interested in, he doesn't go after useless people or people who have nothing to offer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Olargee:
The Tension here is fever pitch. The lesson to be learned here is that nobody should keep all their eggs in CIC's basket...they obviously do not take these applications nearly as urgent or as importantly as we perceive they ought to. Stop paying advance tuition (being overly invested financially) and apply for alternatives (SA, USA, Australia etc)...spread opportunities rather than waiting on these guys for weeks unending. For paper applicants, let's stop submitting our passports on the reason for needing to use it during their infinity visa processing period...if they have visa to give, let them ask for it.

UK universities have started to come on radio to advertise their schools, listened to Coventry uni this morning asking people to still come apply for next month's semester. they recognize this country is a big market and patronage is in a free fall because of the exchange rate and unaccommodating immigration options for international students.

I doubt if the mails you're all ending would make any difference. They most likely wouldn't even be read by him. And frankly, we are non Canadians outside Canadian territories, how is your headache his headache? Got a problem with the processing time, first email them, if nothing then drag 'em out and confront in public on twitterr and FB...they have accounts I should assume. Tag as many associated institutions and parastatals. If they are going to take a piss, our 55k gives us the licence to make it messy!
is Australian student visa not as tedious as Canadian visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2016
@thesoj my utmost greetings! Please do you have idea of this Australia NEW proof of funding requirement for study permit application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 11:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Congratulations to all successful applicants so far!

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.