Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test (38244 Views)

TECNO Camon X Pro Vs Iphone X - Blind Camera Test. / TECNO Camon CM Camera Test Vs Iphone 7 Camera : Who Wins?? / Battle Of The 3gb Ram: Infinix Note 4 Pro Vs Hot S2 Pro Vs A1 Lite + Camera Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by MadCow1: 4:09am On Apr 02, 2016
jeytee:

Honestly...cant you tell tecno have clearly over-tweaked the contrast,saturation and color balance settings for their camera based on this,the pictures should appear bright and vivid,thats why they look so sharp...did the op zoom in?..if those images are zoomed in then youll truly appreciate the quality of the iphone camera as it maintains details and sharpness even when in zoomed mode...i cant say that about tecno though,images will look blurred and grainy when zoomed in.Tecno is absolutely no match for an iphone...not even in the next 10 years

I just dey laugh these puppies wey dey wan use Tecno run down iPhone..

Dem think say iPhone no sabi why them dey charge people 350'k Plus Naira for just one phone.. grin

Tecno should cool down and pace themselves and stop trying to punch above their weight..

iPhone and Samsung remains the King of Smartphones..

1 Like

Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 02, 2016
ollah1:
Dem don start again. Dem go soon compare their new phone to S7 edge.

I just dey look
I do think samsung has the best camera.... What's your thought.......?
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by bobo65(m): 5:42am On Apr 02, 2016
the open didnt clean the lens abi the class covering the lens of his iphone well

even my Infinix alpha cant produce such dull image

I will do a comparison myself
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by ohdahphae: 6:16am On Apr 02, 2016
That's not an issue at all. Go to settings from the selfie cam and turn the 'invert image' option on. Most android phones have this feature.
greenhulk:

Damn. The camon c8 camera did well but for this error. So if I was wearing a shirt with a logo on the left side and I take a selfie, it will show the logo on the right side. If i raise my right hand the camera will change it to left hand. If someone has a wound on his left eye camon c8 selfie camera will change it to right eye. That is really really bad and can lead to misinformation.

Are u telling me if I am making a conference video call or interview and they ask me to raise my right hand, the camera will actually change it to left hand? Boy I don lose contract be that oh.
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by uzilee(m): 6:18am On Apr 02, 2016
this iphone 6 dey sick
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by hustla(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

U are getting it wrong. The camon c8 is not inverting the selfie picture while the iPhone is the one inverting it. Galaxy phones also invert selfie images, just like a mirror. The problem with not inverting image is ur left hand will become ur right hand, if u have a mark on the right side of ur shirt it will become the left side. That is the flaw the c8 selfie camera has, the iPhone however inverted the image so everything can stay intact. Look again, op took picture with his right hand. Now take a selfie with ur Samsung phone, though it will flip the picture but ur right hand will still be ur right hand.

I am sure it can be fixed in settings or camera 360
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Amerage(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2016
Talking about the camon c8 camera compare with iPhone I think the phone is still OK considering the price. The only thing about the phone is the timing of the camera flash. The timing is not exactly right and this can be observe at night when trying to take pictures.
I try using the phone to take pictures at night and I observed that the pics are always bright doing the process but when you latter open your gallery to see for your self they appear kinda dark
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by toprealman: 7:34am On Apr 02, 2016
op you bought a fake iPhone. Samsung is the only device with pic clarity close to apple.
On a lighter note, your bae hair scatter wella for that iPhone pic.....is the after pic...*winks
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Orator2383: 7:37am On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Not true. Trust me the first thing I did after reading the original post was take a selfie with my galaxy s6. Yes it flips the picture just like a mirror (most selfies do that) but it won't change ur right hand to left hand. I don't how true what the op posted but if it is actually true that a camon c8 camera Will change ur right hand to left hand then it is really bad.

Check the pictures below, the first one was taken with my galaxy s6 selfie camera while the second one was taken with iPhone 5c selfie camera. On both pictures I used my left hand to cover my face and my right hand to take the picture.
guy the phone used to take the second pix shouldn't be called a big phone. See noise for a big phone Camera. It's high time we stop over hyping this big player. Meanwhile the first one was on point
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by ugwum007(m): 7:42am On Apr 02, 2016
Techno's c8 camera may be better than that of IPhone 6 but that doesnt mean c8 is better.

Is just like saying infinix hot note is better than Samsung so edge cos of the battery capacity.

This phone will surely find a selling point and will tru to cut cost on others.

But damn, the world is getting better. The gap between the iphones, the samsunges and the technoes, the infinix is rapidly reducing.

1 Like

Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Mushood: 7:46am On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=greenhulk post=44321826]

Damn. The camon c8 camera did well but for this error. So if I was wearing a shirt with a logo on the left side and I take a selfie, it will show the logo on the right side. If i raise my right hand the camera will change it to left hand. If someone has a wound on his left eye camon c8 selfie camera will change it to right eye. That is really really bad and can lead to misinformation.

Are u telling me if I am making a conference video call or interview and they ask me to raise my right hand, the camera will actually change it to left hand? Boy I don lose contract be that oh. [/quoting

In d process of taking selfie wit any fone is like standing front of a mirror whereby u will be seeing virtual image but instantly u snap, it will turn to real image. On dis note, d tecno image is very much correct.

in selfie, ur right hand is stil ur right hand and ur left hand is stil ur left hand, d only difference is just d change in facing position.
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2016
egedem:

No doubt. The S6 Edge held the crown for a year before been dethroned by its elder bro S7 Edge
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by MizMyColi(f): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2016
It is even shameful that a 25k phone be compared to a 250k phone (based on exchange rate today).

See, ordinarily, even if the camera settings of the C8 are tweaked to the highest heavens and that of iPhone tweaked to the lowest depths, the C8 oughtn't be anywhere near iPhone. IPhone should beat a C8 hands down in any ramification and under any condition.

This goes to show that the iPhone camera is flawed. Going by the price, it should be nothing less than perfection.

If Phones were judged based on Cameras alone, and from what I've seen here, I would happily go for a c8 please.

But then when it comes to Tecno range of phones, I prefer that Boom J8 because of the headset and their latest interface.

1 Like

Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Abudu2000(m): 8:07am On Apr 02, 2016
don't ever dare compare android with an iOS!!
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Obas101(m): 8:25am On Apr 02, 2016
Camon c8 camera no even reach gionee m5 camera talkless of iPhone 6 edge
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2016
MadCow1:

I just dey laugh these puppies wey dey wan use Tecno run down iPhone..

Dem think say iPhone no sabi why them dey charge people 350'k Plus Naira for just one phone.. grin

Tecno should cool down and pace themselves and stop trying to punch above their weight..

iPhone and Samsung remains the King of Smartphones..

I swear brother...they are just trying to console themselves sha...can tecno open its mouth abroad?..they have even lost out in their home the Asian market..Africa is just their dumping ground
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2016
TechsNG:

You sound very much like you understand pictures and photography. Spot ON Pal!

Yea i do,thanks....it just annoys me when folks make silly comparisms...its just like comparing Obama with Buhari..... grin...utter nonsense
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2016
klenton:
IPhone has never bin known for gud cameras

You're high on poverty.

Making such a statement.
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2016
IPhone has the best cameras.

#teamiphone for life. grin
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2016
Abudu2000:
don't ever dare compare android with an iOS!!

Don't mind the Op.
Now it is obvious techno users are deluded.
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Lordaweezy: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2016
TechsNG:

Paid to promote the iPhone 6 or paid to promote the tecno camon C8?

Have I at any point, stated which phone's camera won?

'As far as I know you are a paid agent' this is personal statement.Every tech savvy person can easily deduce that the nature of your camera review can't be authentic. It can also be you are using a defective iPhone for your review.
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by JacksonD7: 9:35am On Apr 02, 2016
The camon C8 is superb outdoors but the iPhone 6 shines indoors.
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2016
Obas101:
Camon c8 camera no even reach gionee m5 camera talkless of iPhone 6 edge

Iphones don't have an edge version
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Jibsonified(m): 9:57am On Apr 02, 2016
SMH.... All just to make people buy Tecno. Well OP you try... U can mislead many people but not for long.

If we wanna score the pix just from what u showed us and not scrutinizing, then the verdict will go like this:
Pix1-iPhone 6 did well
Pic 2- Camon C8 did well
Pix3- iPhone
Pix4- iPhone
Pix5- iPhone

So iPhone trumps canon C8

Y'all still need should know these for a fact

#Cameras can be tweaked to give false image, let me use the popular word : PHOTOSHOPPED. Most seemingly fine cameras come in their factory settings with beautification, filters, changed contrast, etc. Camon C8 have that, just like most Samsung phone (esp. The A series) if you look closely at the fourth pix, the spot on he right side of the guy's cheek close to his nose is shown in the iPhone 6 pix, this isn't found on the C8 pix, its been smoothened out, also notice the effect on the cap's color, C8 gave the cap a dull blue contrast to a sharp blue with details of the jean strips showing.

Yet still, this pix was taken in the same light condition 3:44 for the guy in selfie, 3:45 for the gravel and 3:48 for the grass .In the selfie and grass pix, iPhone gave the true light condition, if this is so for the gravel pix, then the light condition of the gravel is false on Camon C8.

And guys hold on for a sec. Nobody talked about the Megapixels ...SMH. The glorified back camera of C8 is 13! While iPhone 6 is just 8!. What about front? C8 is 5MP while iPhone 6 is 1.2MP only! That tells you a lot is missing in your C8., and it's not about how large the Megapixel. So OP go and compare C8 with that of iPhone 6S that has 13/5MP Camera too, then you will see they are far from each other like the North and south pole.

As for the inversion on Camon C8, that must have been done in the settlings... I don't Tecno will make such an error.

2 Likes

Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by honorbule(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2016
egedem:
No...I disagree...Samsung camera edits images automatically...which is not good..over editing too much
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by vickylala239: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2016
U guys are actually funny for a phone of 25k to 30k to rob shoulder or almost beat 170k phone..Dat shuld ring a bell..

Meaning 25k to 30k phne, if given d 170k d 25k will Nt Evn near deir line...

I Dnt see any reason a child who has been sent to best schools Bt almost beaten by a child who deir parent struggle to send to govt schools wit cheap txt books... apparently d child with cheap school shuld b d last in d class of d best school,Bt robbing shoulder with d best child in d best school.... is sumtin we shuld all wonder....

U spend 170k for a child yet 25k school child is almost beating u if Nt beaten already...

Imagine ur school fees 6800tyms more than the other person...

Funny enuf Ppl are struggling to compare who is Evn better,this alone tell u Dat Techno Jst fckkk iPhone from behind....

170K n 30k nw imagine Techno wit Jst 70k phone...

Some of u may b confused.... Bt to mi is a big shame to iPhone vry big shame...

I Dnt see any reason why u shuld by a car of 170milliin n Ppl are comparing wit 30million car..this alone tell u Dat 30million car Jst fck u hands dwn..

1 Like

Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by myungidbaloxy: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2016
TOP 10 TIPS NEEDED BEFORE APPLYING FOR GOOGLE ADSENSE
http://www.techsparkhub.com/2016/04/top-10-tips-needed-before-applying-for.html
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2016
vickylala239:
U guys are actually funny for a phone of 25k to 30k to rob shoulder or almost beat 170k phone..Dat shuld ring a bell..

Meaning 25k to 30k phne, if given d 170k d 25k will Nt Evn near deir line...

I Dnt see any reason a child who has been sent to best schools Bt almost beaten by a child who deir parent struggle to send to govt schools wit cheap txt books... apparently d child with cheap school shuld b d last in d class of d best school,Bt robbing shoulder with d best child in d best school.... is sumtin we shuld all wonder....

U spend 170k for a child yet 25k school child is almost beating u if Nt beaten already...

Imagine ur school fees 6800tyms more than the other person...

This is clearly poverty speaking
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by chiefconerstone: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2016
Almost all phones can give you good picture in bright light but only exceptionally Good phones can give you near perfect picture in dim light. Iphone is far ahead.
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2016
honorbule:

No...I disagree...Samsung camera edits images automatically...which is not good..over editing too much
then which is the best..? Apple is just too over hyped, some htc camera (I mean those of high value) is better than that of iphone. Currently have a 6s and s6 on my hand they are incomparable. From the pix above you can see how clear the c8 looks, if I should say apple needs to work on their camera colour.
THANKS.
Re: Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=egedem post=44337129] then which is the best..? Apple is just too over hyped, some htc camera (I mean those of high value) is better than that of iphone. Currently have a 6s and s6 on my hand they are incomparable. From the pix above you can see how clear the c8 looks, if I should say apple needs to work on their camera colour.
THANKS

Well said bro,well said...if this comparism was between HTC and the iPhone it would have been a proper contest not this joke called tecno

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Celtel, Glo And Mtn Browsing Settings / TECNO Spark 2 Official Discussion Thread / How To Opt Out Of Etisalat Subscriptions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.