Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 (4460 Views)

The Curves On Actress Princess Shyngle (Photos) / The Curves On Moesha Babiinoti Boduong Is Making Guys Go Gaga On Instagram! / Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 12:59am On Apr 02, 2016
Mehn! This is so sad! One of the best architects to ever grace this earth.

British architect Zaha Hadid has died aged 65, following a sudden heart attack.

Zaha Hadid , the designer of buildings including the London Olympic Aquatic Centre and the MAXXI National Museum of XXI Century Arts, suffered a heart attack earlier today while being treated for bronchitis at a Miami hospital.

A statement released by her office said: "It is with great sadness that Zaha Hadid Architects have confirmed that Dame Zaha Hadid, DBE died suddenly in Miami in the early hours of this morning."

The Iraqi-born architect is one of the most successful female architects in history, and this year became the first woman to receive the Royal Gold Medal for architecture in her own right .

Hadid was born in Baghdad in 1950. After graduating from the Architectural Association in 1977, she joined her former professors, Rem Koolhaas and Elia Zenghelis, at OMA. She established Zaha Hadid Architects in 1979, which she ran with Patrik Schumacher.

Significant early projects included The Peak in Hong Kong (1983), the Kurfürstendamm in Berlin (1986), and the Cardiff Bay Opera House in Wales (1994) – but she garned most attention for her
Vitra Fire Station in Weil Am Rhein, Germany (1993).

In the last decade, she has completed the
Guangzhou Opera House in China (2010), the Dongdaemun Design Plaza in South Korea (2014), and the Messner Mountain Museum Corones in Italy (2015).

Hadid's many accolades include the Pritzker Prize, which she was awarded in 2004. She received the Republic of France's Commandeur de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, Japan's Praemium Imperiale and in 2012 was made a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire.

She has also won the Stirling Prize, Britain's most prestigious architecture award, on two occasions. Firstly in 2010 with the MAXXI Museum in Rome , and again in 2011, for the Evelyn Grace Academy in London .

Hadid taught architecture at schools around the world, including the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University, the University of Illinois, Columbia University, Yale University and the University of Applied Arts in Vienna.

Archigram founder Peter Cook, who nominated Hadid for the Royal Gold Medal, described her as "our heroine".

"For three decades now, she has ventured where few would dare," he said. "If Paul Klee took a line for a walk, then Zaha took the surfaces that were driven by that line out for a virtual dance."

www.dezeen.com/2016/03/31/zaha-hadid-dies-aged-65-heart-attack/

Lalasticlala

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 1:00am On Apr 02, 2016
Some of her designs...

1. Evelyn Grace Academy, London, UK 2010

2. MAXXI: Museum Of XXI Century Arts, Rome Italy 2009.

3. Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs, Beirut, Lebanon, 2014

4. London 2012 Olympic Aquatics Centre, London, UK, 2011

1 Like

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 1:00am On Apr 02, 2016
More...

5. Pierresvives, Montpellier, France, 2012

6. Glasgow Riverside Museum of Transport, Glasgow, UK, 2011

7. d'Leedon Singapore, 2014

8. CMA CGM Headquarters, Marseille, France, 2010

PS: All this designs are real and they have been constructed!

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by fabfaith: 1:04am On Apr 02, 2016
noooooo
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by osesology(m): 1:06am On Apr 02, 2016
Really sad.
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by Flexherbal(m): 1:28am On Apr 02, 2016
R I P
This is indeed a lose to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 1:34am On Apr 02, 2016
Rest In Peace! A big lose to the Architectural World!

1 Like

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by LadyVerah(f): 2:51am On Apr 02, 2016
awwwww too badt...
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by Lakeside247(m): 3:07am On Apr 02, 2016
RIP! Very brilliant woman.

2 Likes

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by nairagossip: 3:26am On Apr 02, 2016
hmmm
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by Kenzico(m): 3:47am On Apr 02, 2016
With the title of the topic, I thought OP meant she's got physical curves.

R.I.P to a great woman....if these are her works, how would her home look like

4 Likes

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by ba7man(m): 4:09am On Apr 02, 2016
Her book on architectural designs changed my perception on what was possible.

R.I.P Zaha Hadid.

1 Like

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by hensben(m): 5:40am On Apr 02, 2016
RIP great woman. You were a blessing to this earth.

1 Like

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by elkonS: 6:12am On Apr 02, 2016
we the architects from futa celebrate u maam

3 Likes

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by Saheed9: 6:44am On Apr 02, 2016
Wow... When I first saw queen of curves, I thought it was toolz kind of curve

2 Likes

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by agarawu23(m): 6:48am On Apr 02, 2016
See structure shocked

1 Like

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 02, 2016
Rip

She has imprinted herself to the sand of time.

She impacted lives.

1 Like

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by halfricanadian(f): 7:11am On Apr 02, 2016
Wow she is awesome

cry farewell mama

1 Like

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 02, 2016
Thunder fire you Op, I came here to see big yansh not this rubbish! angry
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by kossyablaze(m): 7:35am On Apr 02, 2016
Saheed9:
Wow... When I first saw queen of curves, I thought it was toolz kind of curve
lol my mind went straight to Nicki minaj

1 Like

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2016
LastMumu:
Perv!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2016
kossyablaze:
lol my mind went straight to Nicki minaj

LastMumu:
Birds of a feather!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2016
Kenzico:
With the title of the topic, I thought OP meant she's got physical curves.

R.I.P to a great woman....if these are her works, how would her home look like
I meant structural curves!

This is just "Few" of her works... there are a whole lot more.
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by mrnuur(m): 7:58am On Apr 02, 2016
What a loss to the Architecture fraternity, she was a genius. Her imagination is on a different level sha
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by loomer: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
R I P
This is indeed a lose to the world.

Na which person's death no be lose to the world?
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 02, 2016
One of us is gone! R.i.p to you maam.
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by Veektoria(f): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2016
sad sad sad
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by ba7man(m): 10:14am On Apr 02, 2016
loomer:

Some people's death are a blessing to the world.

A lot of people are just a waste of space on earth.
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by SweetieConstie(f): 10:39am On Apr 02, 2016
Oh! It's really despairing for the world to have lost such a rare gem....

R.I.P ma'am! Though you're gone, your great works would continue to be reminisced...

Cc Lalasticlala.. This should make FP sir!
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by arcnomec(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2016
RIP to a vessel of inspiration........ "you don't teach architecture you inspire architecture" Zaha Hadid.
Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2016
More of her works...

9. Wangjing Soho
10. Heydar Aliyev Centre Baku , Azerbaijan
11. Super Yacht

Re: Queen Of The Curves: World-Renowned Architect Zaha Hadid Dies At 65 by DharmyYinks: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2016
loomer:

Can u compare d death of Nelson Mandela nd that of Osama Bin Laden??

Which of the two is of greater loss to d world??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Korede Bello Or Kiss Daniel? / See The Photo Of Portharcourt Model Causing Reactions On The Internet / Singer, Ciara Poses Completely Naked In Racy Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.