Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop (33364 Views)

Bishop Daniel Obinim Trying To Fly Like A Bird On Air (Video) / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" / "Lord, If it is your will to break Nigeria, break it up" - David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by nollywoodbabe: 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
Knowledge9000:
One Nigeria is...ALL ABOUT OIL! They have ravaged most of the oil in the SS; nearly 80% of their proven reserves depleted, environment polluted now they are heading into SE. Imo, Abia and Anambra. Anambra has the largest oil and gas reserves in Nigeria followed by Imo and Abia...the irony is Nigerians don't know this. Even Igbos don't even know this! They hide this from us!

We can pretend all is well but remember...when a situation or condition reaches critical mass, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP IT!

Before we discovered Oil, how did Nigeria survive? What has been happening in the Country all these years is nothing but LAZINESS!!! Nigeria has the best land to grow crops, the manpower to do it, the money to Fund it. So once again why the dependence on Oil? Agriculture is the Future! Agriculture is Gold, Money for Oil should be kept in the Reserve
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
garfield16:

Actually, I enjoy teasing the IPOB & Biafra people because I find the whole thing very comical. The reality of the times we live in now is that the reason why Nigeria is a shithole is the same reason Biafra will be a shithole and the SW will be a shithole if we split up. our problem collectively, is we dont have the calibre of leaders we used to have this applies across the board, so anyone who feels secession will resolve matters is delusional.
Secession will go a long way to resolve the matter, Nigeria politicians, sees Nigeria as no mans land, that is why they are looting the Treasury without looking back, If you have Odua and I have Biafra if my politicians loot our money we easily march down to their houses and deal with them, 56 years after independence nothing to show for it, what a shame cry

5 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by pyxon(m): 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
garfield16:

I have no problem with the Ibo man leaving, he brings nothing to the table I have said if before that but for Oil, Nigeria would have long discarded the Ibos. They are more trouble than they are worth. the food and meat i eat is not from Ibo land, the Oil we are talking about is not Ibo Oil and even then Oil has been nothing but a curse, SW was better off under Awolowo when we didn't have Oil. But the Ibo man should know that the powers that be (i.e core North) will not allow the Oil to leave without a fight. That theater of war will be Ibo land and that fight will claim lives, so they had better make sure they have the capacity to win the war or it will just be repeat of history where millions died for nothing.

Well said....like a yoluba fear fear
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ralphdan:

Just Boko Haram the zoo could not defeat for years even till now.Mind u 1967 is not 2016 there has be a lot of changes(gun don cast).No one prays for war but "anuhu eji maka mgbagbu hara ogu"(u dnt run frm war because u will be killed) so let it come we can die for what our descendants will enjoy,we can die for dis cause.

Let it come.

Bro if war breaks I check out and I don't need refugee status because I have 2nd passport. When everything finish we come and survey the land.and count casuality and see if my house is still standing. But you know war no dey touch rich man area.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Opharhe: 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
garfield16:

Nobody is stopping you. I will be here in Yoruba land enjoying the peace if war breaks out. Remember between 1967 and 1970, if you lived in the Sw or the North, you won't know we were engaged in a war.

I have nothing to lose
Shuo shuo shuo. See dis one o, u're just deceiving urself my dear. This is not 1667 my broda... Let's not pray for war. Remember the Niger-Delta is no longer pro-FG as we were then, if war should break out everyone will feel the heat. Yorubaland will suffer a lot too- yes, Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta etc can be bombarded from the sea around Warri, Koko etc. Coastal Yorubaland around Ondo, Ogun may also suffer huge casualties from naval assault. What about Ariel attacks? Abeg let me not talk much but know that if it happens, we will all feel the heat, even the North will not be left out.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
pyxon:

Well said....like a yoluba fear fear

excuse me, this is your wahala not ours, why would a yoruba man carry another man's wahala on his head? You cary our wahala for your head when una dey power for 6 years? we tell you say we want secede? na una be brave people well done. 2 million dead, no Biafra una still be beat chest.

3 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Opharhe:
Shuo shuo shuo. See dis one o, u're just deceiving urself my dear. This is not 1667 my broda... Let's not pray for war. Remember the Niger-Delta is no longer pro-FG as we were then, if war should break out everyone will feel the heat. Yorubaland will suffer a lot too- yes, Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta etc can be bombarded from the sea around Warri, Koko etc. Coastal Yorubaland around Ondo, Ogun may also suffer huge casualties from naval assault. What about Ariel attacks? Abeg let me not talk much but know that if it happens, we will all feel the heat, even the North will not be left out.

Nobody is handing you Oil well at a conference table, so you can kiss Biafra goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by pyxon(m): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
garfield16:

excuse me, this is your wahala not ours, why would a yoruba man carry another man's wahala on his head? You cary our wahala for your head when una dey power for 6 years? we tell you say we want secede? na una be brave people well done. 2 million dead, no Biafra una still be beat chest.

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Deadlytruth(m): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
tarekamos:

The igbos are their own problem. They enjoyed putting all their eggs in one basket. I understand the way they feel now, it was a serious political miscalculation on there leadership. Jonathan really tried for them and south south. At that time they also forgot others like south west. During Jonathan, no Yoruba man was in position number 1 -10. The highest Yoruba person then was Mrs Mulikat Adeola, the majority leader in the House of Reps. Yoruba leaders complained severally to Jonathan about but he did nothing. Jonathan appointments of chief executives did not favoured south west while south east and south south were busy changing appointments as they like. You guys never thought of leaving Nigeria then. The Yoruba leaders waited for yet another opportunity to reposition themselves and they got it right in the last election. Even today, you will still see that in south west pple do not put their eggs in thesame basket. There are PDP governors in south west as we speak. The igbos should grow their own party, that is APGA and pick a presidential candidate and sell him to others because i doubt if can ever get presidential ticket of PDP.

Well, contrary to your claim the SS did not really benefit anything concrete from GEJ's regime just as your own SW suffered most under OBJ's regime. We know that even though OBJ's regime had Yorubas like FFK, Aborishade, Tafa Balogun, in sensitive appointments, Yorubas did not count it as a favour from OBJ's regime as OBJ did nothing to address and in fact he even thwarted all attempts made towards the most fundamental demand of the Yorubas which was and is still a genuine SNC aimed at re-structuring.
I therefore wonder why a Yoruba like you (who rightly believed that OBJ failed Yorubas by his refusal to address the fundamental pan-Yoruba demand for an SNC despite his appointment of Yorubas into high places) would come here to claim GEJ favoured the SS by giving them positions and ignoring the most fundamental and pan-SS demand of restructuring towards resource control. Why the double standards? Una think say una smart?
The real SS concern was and still is the economic emancipation of the region which GEJ did not address or make any attempt to. The genuine South-South problem is about a restructuring that would return true federalism and resource control as it was between 1960 and 1966 before Ironsi tampered with it and Gowon aggravated it to full scale.
Did Jonathan ever act like someone who was worried and pained by the fact that the current 13% oil derivation for the SS contrasts too sharply with the 75% agricultural revenues derivation which the defunct Northern, Western and Eastern Regions once enjoyed until Ironsi and Gowon came to destroy that structure when it was just time for the SS regions of today too to start enjoying 75% derivation of their own God given oil revenue? So why claim GEJ's regime favoured the SS?

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
tarekamos:

Yes, Yoruba man betrayed him but Jonathan as a leader was suppose to make a way for balancing in appointments. In spite of appeal from Yoruba leaders and Obas, did he do anything? Some pple gave him the impression that he could win without south west hence the name calling of Yoruba leaders are touts.
Yoruba always play two side of the coin, had it been that Jonathan won the election,you will still say that it was Yoruba Obas, Afenifere,that gave him their blessing to win, you will start to mention how Jonathan won in Ekiti and Ondo, how OPC campaign led to his victory, but now that he lost the election, you will claim that SW voted him out, the North voted their brother into power with the little help of some brainwashed Yorubas led by Tunubu the Afonja

4 Likes

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by DoctorMcgruff: 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
Yugoslavia didnt break without conflict, Bosnia nkor?, Czecoslovakia was broken by germany
gidgiddy:

If Czecoslovakia could break without war, if the Soviet Union could break without war, if Yugoslavia could break without war then yes, Nigeria can break up without war. I'm Igbo, Im tired of Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Opharhe: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
garfield16:

Nobody is handing you Oil well at a conference table, so you can kiss Biafra goodbye.
And who's talking about oil wells or Biafra here? Bros, e be like say u no know wetin dey.... Lol.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by omohanet(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
In my opinion, I don't support separation, lets keep ONE NIGERIA. We can learn others cultures, Traditions, languages. Rather than clamouring for break-up, we focus on things that can promote the unity of the Nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
ChoCandyDiamond:

Secession will go a long way to resolve the matter, Nigeria politicians, sees Nigeria as no mans land, that is why they are looting the Treasury without looking back, If you have Odua and I have Biafra if my politicians loot our money we easily march down to their houses and deal with them, 56 years after independence nothing to show for it, what a shame cry

With due respect that is nonsense! we have become a society that celebrates thievery and with extra due respect to my Ibo brothers and sisters no society celebrates wealthy people more than Ibo land. Known drug dealers are celebrated, is it federal government drug money? Dont delude yourself that a population that has lost it's morality will suddenly wake up to knowing right from wrong.

but I agree, Nigeria is a ticking time bomb.

Secession will only make you realize that the biggest problem with Nigeria and all it's tribes are it's self centred leaders. and that Yoruba, hausa wasn't your problem all along
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by juman(m): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
Everybody knows that one nigeria is a fraud.

The few so called "leaders" use one nigeria thing to enslave the common man.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by havennie(f): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Rarely respond to threads like these....but...

If we break Nigeria...into how many countries do we break up into.?

That is the question...and that is why I as a minority is opposed to Nigeria's breakup....because it would be bad for minority tribes like mine.

Of course...I cannot pretend all is well. I have read my history....and I see how things are going.

It is just that...if we wanted to split...1966/67 would have been a good time.Then...every region had its source of cash....and sustenance. Not now...where we are all dependent on oil....a split means a big fight for oil.

Yes....Sudan and South Sudan....which happened under the auspices of the UN...and which took ten years...and which ensured that Sudan still had some oil...and almost immediately...Sudan increased transit fees for South Sudan oil piped thru their territory.

I am from a minority group just like u and i am ok if Nigeria breaks up because the Middlebelt region and Niger delta region will surely have their own independent countries as minority groups.....enough of hausa, yoruba and igbo madness!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by juman(m): 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
havennie:

I am from a minority group just like u and i am ok if Nigeria breaks up because the Middlebelt region and Niger delta region will surely have their own independent countries as minority groups.....enough of hausa, yoruba and igbo madness!

You are right.

Any ethnic group or group of people that wants to go out of one nigeria nonsense should be able to go.

One nigeria is a failure, its waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Deadlytruth(m): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
tarekamos:

Yes, Yoruba man betrayed him but Jonathan as a leader was suppose to make a way for balancing in appointments. In spite of appeal from Yoruba leaders and Obas, did he do anything? Some pple gave him the impression that he could win without south west hence the name calling of Yoruba leaders are touts.

Each time I hear that a Yoruba man prevented Jonathan from making another Yoruba man speaker I laugh at that level of distortion of facts.
After GEJ visited Tinubu twice in Lagos to enlist his support for his victory in 2011 elections, Jonathan decided to make an Obasanjo loyalist speaker despite knowing fully well that Tinubu and OBJ would not see eye to eye. It was even GEJ that betrayed Tinubu for enjoying Tinubu's immense support to victory and then turning around to give a sensitive SW position to a loyalist of Tinubu's enemy. Had GEJ been grateful enough to give the speakership to a Yoruba loyalist of Tinubu within the PDP, the issue of Tinubu using Tambuwal to crush GEJ's plan would not have arisen. Were you people expecting Tinubu to, after working for GEJ's victory in 2011, fold his arms and watch GEJ use that victory to empower a loyalist of his arch enemy (OBJ)? Who of us will be in Tinubu's shoes and act differently? Be honest!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by mandax: 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
omenka:
The Bishop is a red necked agama lizard.

There are over 200 ethnic nationalities in the country but because up in his stupid head the union doesn't seem to favour just one, it should be called off. Even ethnic minorities are showing a lot more maturity than some supposed elders.

Was the country just amalgamated yesterday?? Where was his voice during Jonathan's regime?? Did the herdsmen crisis begin yesterday?? Where was he between 2011 and 2015??

One day you want out of the union, the next day you wanna be the president, acting as though there's a Nobel prize for stupidity for which you are strong contender. And who says break up is a "sure banker" for peace??

Some people are just irritatingly foolish.

Lol,

Living in denial.

One Nigeria is a nightmare to the Yoruba, nightmare to most of the Middlebelt, nightmare to the Igbo, nightmare to the Ijaw, nightmare to the Bini, nightmare to the .... except to the Hausa/Fulani and some of its satellite tribes it controls in the north for whom One Nigeria is a bliss.

Gideon Okar of blessed memory from the Midlebelt saw far ahead of many people in today's Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by tibaonnet: 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ralphdan:

Just Boko Haram the zoo could not defeat for years even till now.Mind u 1967 is not 2016 there has be a lot of changes(gun don cast).No one prays for war but "anuhu eji maka mgbagbu hara ogu"(u dnt run frm war because u will be killed) so let it come we can die for what our descendants will enjoy,we can die for dis cause.

Let it come.
If only you will have descendants to enjoy.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by ozoemenafn: 3:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
You should not blame those abusing and insulting the Bishop for airing his view. They have vividly imagined a Lagos without the Igbos and an Abuja , Kano and Kaduna without the Igbos . They have imagined how they would survive without these people otherwise why would they constantly insist that we remain in this fake marriage that is never working. Right from the late 60s Igbos has maintained their stand of being on their own but the Fulanis and their likes has bluntly refused. But one day it would happen like a dream and the people of God would have their freedom.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
Unbderstand the root of the problem before you blame others for your misfortuine and take irreversible actions. Have these south east youths actually gone around the country, seen a rate of development in other regions that doesn't exist in the SE? If they did they will realise that all regions are equally neglected. The problem of Nigeria is that leaders have embezzled monies meant for development of the respective regions including political leaders from the SE.

When people shout political marginalisation, ask yourselves, what did Metuh do for his people with his influence when his people were in power, what of Oduah, NNamaani, Ekweremadu, Andy Ubah, Chris Ubah, Diezani, Ajumogobia, Chidoka, DG of Nimasa, etc etc the list goes on.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by havennie(f): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
gidgiddy:

So you see, a peaceful break up is possible. As an Igbo man, do you think that I'm going to fight to be in 'one Nigeria' with the Yoruba or Hausa man? Of course not! So the question is, where will the so called war come from?

The war will come from boundary disputes.

Some Niger deltans will want to join igbo in one country, some will not, take Delta and Rivers igbo speaking people for instance, some will tell u that they are igbos, some will say they are not.

If we divide, Who will take ILORIN for instance? Yorubas, hausa-fulanis or middlebelt?

The hausa-fulanis and the middlebelters will also have very serious problems.
Some middlebelters (muslims especially) like Niger state people love the hausas and will want to join Arewa as a country, while some parts of the middlebelt who are dominantly christians like Benue, Taraba, Plateau, Southern kaduna hate hausas and will never want to join hausas as one country, so in such case who will now take Abuja? Arewa or Middlebelt?

These are the problems we are talking about my brother.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Deadlytruth(m): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
Deen77:

Why Biafra and Niger Delta, they are two different country, if we break, we break into pieces, at list 5 to 6/7 country.

I wonder O! Why must Biafra always seek to glue itself to Niger Delta? Why can't Niger Delta be free to be on its own the way Isaac Adaka Boro conceived of it on Feb. 23 1966?
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by LoveJesus87(m): 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
LudaChriz:
Nigeria is not meant to be one.., the earlier we tell ourselves the truth the better
EXACTLY!!!
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
mandax:

Lol,

Living in denial.

One Nigeria is [b] a nightmare to the Yoruba,
nightmare to most of the Middlebelt, nightmare to the Igbo, nightmare to the Ijaw, nightmare to the Bini, nightmare to the .... except to the Hausa/Fulani and some of its satellite tribes it controls in the north for whom One Nigeria is a bliss.

Gideon Okar of blessed memory from the Midlebelt saw far ahead of many people in today's Nigeria. [/b]

speak for yourself o, we are not complaining. is it ideal no but not nightmare kind of problem. We are smart enough to know the problem is not the way the country is constituted but the kind of people who find their way into power. and wherher you are Nigeria or Oduduwa, if the people at the top can steal with Impunity and nothing happens, we are in trouble whether Nigeria or oduduwa. After all we know how Jagaban used Lagos to financed his political conquest and we know the minister who doesn't sign cheques.

The same reason why all the money meant for the citizens of Lagos did not reach them is the same reason why all the money for development for oduduwa republic will not reach it's citizens.....and it's the same reason why the money for development of nigeria never gets to the citizens, property in Dubai, London,S.A, Money to maintain mistresses + private jet to get them there.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Have a good rest of the day,sir.

Smile, you too.
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by LoveJesus87(m): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tkester2:

You must be stooopid. What is hard in "I don't want to have any relationship with you". Which part of the sentence don't you understand? Igbo's want to be on their own, is that a hard thing?

Tufiakwa!
Thank u oo
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by havennie(f): 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Of course a peaceful breakup is possible.!

I was challenging your assertion that the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia broke up without war.

A peaceful break up is not possible, especially for black people like us.

For instance if we break up, where will a place like ILORIN go? Yoruba, Hausa-fulani or middlebelt?

Ilorin is a city dominated by yoruba speakers who have hausa-fulani mentality and kingship system (emirate) and is situated within the middlebelt region.....who will take it?
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by VintageCocktail(m): 3:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
omohanet:
In my opinion, I don't support separation, lets keep ONE NIGERIA. We can learn others cultures, Traditions, languages. Rather than clamouring for break-up, we focus on things that can promote the unity of the Nation.
We've been learning that for over a hundred years and I think its time we graduate and find a well paying job .
Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by olajide8(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
If you look at the name of the bishop, you would understand what he is saying, his "that boys" uncle nnamdi kanu* we don't want Jews in nigeria, we only want Nigerians- you cannot come from one place and claim territory, belonging to we Nigerians- ethno-centric bigot* (they have entered everywhere poisoning the mind of innocent nigerians) nigeria would not divide- you would have to leave nigeria for us*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 02, 2016
VintageCocktail:
We've been learning that for over a hundred years and I think its time we graduate and find a well paying job .

you supposed don dey retire dey collect pension by now o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Reasons It Is Better You Stay At Home Today / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.