Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,194 members, 7,849,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:14 AM

Hiring On Commission Basis -- Please Contribute - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hiring On Commission Basis -- Please Contribute (648 Views)

Names Of Online Shopping Sites In Nigeria, Please Kindly Contribute. / What To Do With 50k And 25k - Please Contribute! / NEPA/PHCN Should Pay Their Staff On Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiring On Commission Basis -- Please Contribute by Gustv(m): 1:47am On Jul 29, 2009
Greetings N'landers,

I got a start-up company soon to launch in a few weeks. Our primary business involves distributing a unique product and service that would be immensely welcomed by the market since we seem to be the pioneer in the said vertical.

Being the pioneer means we got lots of work to do, hence, this thread.

We plan on working real hard on our marketing campaigns, so we're opting to hire freelance marketers who will be responsible for pushing the products to targeted sub-distributors.

I was wondering if anyone could share your 2 kobo worth on how to hire freelance marketers primarily on commission-only basis - maybe a few small benefits as well.

What are the terms and clauses we should look out for when hiring?

I'm thinking a situation where they sell an item or bring in a new account, then they earn a percentage off that.

All inputs will be appreciated.

Cheers!
Re: Hiring On Commission Basis -- Please Contribute by naijacutee(f): 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2009
I think that in order to save yourself time and money involved in re-inventing the wheel, it might be a good idea to study the freelance marketing strategies of successful organisations, and run your models based on those tested systems, obviously tweaking those models to suit your target market. There are plenty of resources available on the internet which could help you choose a workable strategy. I would advise having a look at The Microsoft Small Business Centre for a start (http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/hub.mspx) . I know it's a US website, and your proposed business is in Nigeria, but a lot of the principles which successfull business run on (irrespective of location) are the same.
Re: Hiring On Commission Basis -- Please Contribute by Gustv(m): 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2009
Thanks for the input. I'll be sure to check out the link.

Aren't there business execs around here willing to share?

C'mon, I'm not asking you guys to divulge your trade secrets, or am I?

Would appreciate some more inputs from the gang.

Cheers!
Re: Hiring On Commission Basis -- Please Contribute by naijacutee(f): 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2009
No problems. Very few real-life business owners are willing to reveal their strategies unless there is something in it for them (i.e free press promotion). :-) So I hope someone responds out of the goodness of their heart :-)

(1) (Reply)

Get Rich Quick Scams! Stop Falling For Them! / Want To Hire/lease A 750cfm Compressor / New Atm Fraud Approach By Some Criminal Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.