Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) (4481 Views)

Amechi The Coward / Labaran Maku Visits Wike: "Wike Represents New Generation Of Nigerian Leaders" / Abdulmumni Jibril: Dogara Is A Pretender, Hypocrite & A Coward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2016
Since 1999 when we returned to democratic rule, the so-called youths have not only been relegated to the backseat in the scheme of things,but are also happy being on the backseat. The Youths(as at then) that agitated for the ouster of the military in 1999, along with those that have been in the corridors of power since the days of President Shagari in 1979 are still here calling the shots, while the youths of today that are supposed to be running the show for the good of Nigeria are cheering them in the comfort of twitter, facebook, nairaland, palmchat, 2go etc. For instance, the "young" Audu Ogbeh that was elected member and Deputy Speaker of Benue State House of Assembly in 1979, appointed minister of communication under Shehu Shagari in 1983, elected chairman of PDP in 2001 is still active today as the substantive minister of Agriculture. This is a man that first tasted political power 37years ago when some of us weren't even born. Are there no young and vibrant APC youth that is capable of administering the sector? Our country has been on comatose since the generation of the present political leaders took over in 1966/7 till this yet, the youths of our generation are less concerned. 

What has the generation of present day political leaders achieved since they took over the mantle of leadership from their fathers? I dare say that Nigeria has been retrogressing under their leadership. They couldn't fix power, roads, schools, and hospitals. The structural defect of our country that they contributed to bringing to fore in 1966 is yet to be addressed. They have wasted billions of tax payers money and our oil wealth organising talk shops that they tagged conferences and confabs without result. They couldn't even fix the security sector, nor provide jobs to the teaming unemployed and a conducive environment for business to thrive. Under them, nepotism not only became celebrated but is has been officially adopted. This present generation of expired leaders are not only corrupt but have instituted corruption in the system. Tribalism is their forte. When you look at the prominent political parties including PDP and APC, the same tired politicians are holding sway and swapping offices. Their loyalty is neither to their party nor the country but only themselves. They couldn't even enthrone a culture of free and credible election that meets minimum standard. This present day generation of leaders have nothing to offer, they have showed it repeatedly, tested and failed woefully.

Before I go on, I wish to remind our youths of today of the feat achieved by their once upon a time predecessor. In their youthful days, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Ernest Okoli, Kofo Abayomi, Hezekiah Oladipo Davies, James Churchill Vaughan and Oba Samuel Akisanya, Nnamdi Azikiwe etc formed the Nigeria Youth Movement in 1933, this brave young Nigerians not only stood up to the British against the ill treatment of Nigeria citizens, they also participated actively in politics, won elections and were the movers of our independence in 1960. As youngmen, they assumed leadership positions in their regions and at the federal level. They may not be perfect as leaders, but history will always be fair on them as contributing their quota to an independent Nigerian State. Till date we still celebrate them. 

When Jonathan in January 8, 2015 said and I quote “I believe that the young Nigerians are the future, we are finished. We believe that the youths will be the ones that will take us to the moon, my generation has failed because we could not take Nigeria to the moon. I don’t want to address old people like me because we (his generation) are spent already", I shook my head in shame though I agreed with him that his generation FAILED Nigeria including him, i still questioned the rationality for saying that young Nigerians are the future except he wasn't referring to today's youths. How could Jonathan call this generation  the future of Nigeria when the generation of youths today are future-less? Which future does a generation of N.F.A(No future Ambition) has? This is a generation that are hustling to be appointed Special Assistant on Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland etc under the guise of Special Assistant on New Media while their mates in other climes are leading political parties and government institutions, calling the shots and developing their societies. This is a generation that sit down to expect their fathers in NLC and TUC to help them lead protest on the street while they tweet the outcome and update their facebook, palmchat, and other social media status. This is a failed generation that wouldn't have done anything in 2010 had it been their fathers Soyinka, Bakare and co didn't protest calling for the elevation of then VP Jonathan. This is a generation that sat down with their #OccupyNigeria hashtag while their fathers were in Ojota calling for the reversal of the ill advised subsidy removal of 2012. This is a generation that couldn't even protest the CBN fraudulent recruitment of children of the ruling caucus and demanding for its reversal and removal of CBN Governor but sat in the comfort of their parlours to tweet.and disturbing the peace of social network. This is a generation that have resigned to playing fighter dog for politicians in the two major parties but are never invited when the spoils are shared. What kind of generation would see nothing wrong in the high rate of unemployment(which didn't start under Buhari administration) but only whine in their rooms, resorting to try your luck with football betting companies? Ordinary Youth Wing these political parties refused to allow, neither are they giving up slots for young people in party, elective and appointive offices.

Is it not our peers in Burkina Faso that successfully brought down TWO military dictators within one year with some losing their lives in 2015? Is it not our peers in Egypt and Tunisia that brought down their dictator leaders? Is it not our peers that are on the streets of Brazil calling for the ouster of President Lima and prosecution of former president Sylva? Is it not our mates that are leading parties in South Africa? Why are we so comfortable taking back seats? Why are we comfortable with the fact that the old men are recycling themselves and slotting their kids? 

Some of us waste their MBs defending Jonathan and others but who remembered you when Jonathan's son-inlaw was appointed SA to Governor Ben Ayade of Cross river state? Lai Muhammed is a minister and his son is a member of Lagos state house of Assembly, in the same house of assembly, Bola Tinubu has his nephew as member. TA Orji, a Senator has his son as Abia state house of assembly member, Atiku Abubakar's daughter is a commissioner in Adamawa state, James Ibori's daughter is a member of Delta state house of assembly, Admiral Nyako son is an incumbent Senator, the present Governor of Niger state is the son-inlaw to Abdulsallam Abubakar, Ibim Semenitari, the MD NDDC is the Daughter of Gabriel Toby, the former Deputy Governor of Rivers state under the disgraceful administration of Peter Odili. The men we devout our time and energy to defend are putting their kids to RULE us just as they ruled our fathers. The worse is Kwara state, where Saraki family has been holding sway since 1979. They allocated CBN positions among themselves but threw up police recruitment to us so that we will guard and serve their children in political offices and CBN, just as our fathers served them.

I am pained that i belong to a generation that pride in cowardice, suffering and smiling, and folly. It is a shame that this generation that I belong to is on the verge of entering into the disgraceful part of history as one that not only failed themselves but also failed the generation before after them. This generation has successfully displaced the generation of the present day political office holders(who naturally are supposed to take back seat) as the most myopic and less visionary. This generation has successfully earned itself as a disgrace among its peers in Africa and the world at large. This generation I refer to the Coward Generation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (CGFRN). If you are between 25 and 40 years of age, this piece is an indictment on you. Those below the said age should learn from those within the age and not displace them in their place of disgrace when they become of age.

Despite the venom poured on this generation(which is deserving), I still believe that hope is not lost for us to redeem ourselves and earn our place among noble generations. I believe that we can look into our challenges and setbacks and address them in order to move from where we are to where we hope to be. This I shall address in subsequent piece...

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

24 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by loomer: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2016
Help me tell them, cos I don tire to tell dem

4 Likes

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2016
My brother, when youths start seeking "protection", how would they stand up against the policies of the government. May God help us.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by jaymejate: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2016
Bros, na confirm tok o. But biko, i no wan die now.
Where like 10 old politicians de contest for a position and the young me de show face, haaa omo na die

2 Likes

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Sunnynwa: 8:49am On Apr 02, 2016
Omenka CGFRN
NgeneUkwenu CGFRN

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by swagaholic: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2016
Nigeria is truly a zoo!!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by vayne(m): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2016
Sunnynwa:
Omenka CGFRN
NgeneUkwenu CGFRN
These omenka,ngeneukwenu,aresa,fulanimafia and other zombie-like creatures you are calling out are a clear example of how jobless and not worried about it these youths can be,all they do is bleat over Biafra/nnamdi kanu,because if they did have a job,this harsh economic policies would be touching them too,but you won't see them complain of even fuel not to talk of dollar...
I am convinced now that they are still doing mama thank you,they are not worried and have a lot of time to shout Sai baba!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Pidggin(f): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2016
Who stopped you from vying for any political position? Your fans on nairaland will vote for you grin

4 Likes

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by doublewisdom: 8:52am On Apr 02, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
My brother, when youths start seeking "protection", how would they stand up against the policies of the government. May God help us.
Try to be reasonable. Just this once.

3 Likes

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Earthkumy(m): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2016
How true Christians claim that God speaks to time? www.nairaland.com/3024394/how-true-christians-claim-god
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by CltrAltDel: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2016
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Vikkie14: 9:04am On Apr 02, 2016
I can't but say RIDE ON Writer.
It's easier said than done.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Vikkie14: 9:06am On Apr 02, 2016
swagaholic:
Nigeria is truly a zoo!!!!
and you are part of the animals kept in it.

6 Likes

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by sauceEEP(m): 9:06am On Apr 02, 2016
This sentence got me RFLMAO
"They allocated CBN positions among themselves but threw up police recruitment to us so that we will guard and serve their children in political offices and CBN, just as our fathers served them"

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Vikkie14: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2016
This present generation of "expired" leaders are not only corrupt but have instituted corruption in the system.
hian, see knockout gringringrin
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TaioSpencer: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2016
This is deepcry

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Vikkie14: 9:13am On Apr 02, 2016
This is a generation that sit down to expect their fathers in NLC and TUC to help them lead protest on the street while they tweet the outcome and update their facebook, palmchat, and other social media status..
gringringrin That's our power grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2016
So easy to write an article
who is going to lead such revolution
who is willing to face the nozzle of a gun
people wey go push you comot hand

5 Likes

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2016
doublewisdom:
Try to be reasonable. Just this once.
Seek common sense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Monimatic(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2016
Sunnynwa:
Omenka CGFRN
NgeneUkwenu CGFRN

grin grin grin

Omojuwa CGFRN
HungerBad CGFRN
Festus Keyamo CGFRN
PassingShot CGFRN
Sowore(Shara Reporters) CGFRN
APC Zombies CGFRN

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by gists: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2016
Wail on, waileerr life gets in your way
This is sheer hypocracy - a failed subtle attempt to cleverly label this administration anti-youth.
While I agree the youth need to wake up, how come the OP is just realizing now? He didn't know the past "youthful" and supposedly "youth friendly" gej didn't make any serious attempt to correct this anomaly?

Besides, which youth are we talking about? Is it the ones that go about beheading people for politicians like we saw in rivers rerun? Is it the ones that are probably more corrupt than the old cargos? Some will consider Ibori a youth when he became the delta state governor in 1999. Where is he today? What about the past edo state gov. Igbinedion. "Lucky boy" was just about 40yrs in 1999. The "common sense" twitter general has effectively told us that PDP does not have deserving youth from his constituency. And what on earth did PDP do to people like Donald Duke? The nest of killer have perfected the act of killing the political ambition of those (youthful and not-so-youthful candidates) that may be considered deserving.

The current political landscape does not leave much room for deserving youths without "god fathers". How many youths who have not embezzled from somewhere can afford the governorship ticket of political parties (not to mention that of the presidency). Money is the name of the Nigerian politics and anyone that does not have it (and a strong godfather) is just wasting his/her time. This is what need to change first before condemning all the youth as a generation.

Having said this, the youths need to be more proactive in politics. But then, I know for sure the youth have and continue to make Nigeria proud in other sectors of our national lives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Vikkie14: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2016
Hmm.... Solem words that calls for Sober reflection.

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by ndcide(m): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2016
The greatest problem is daft partisanship that I'm seeing all over.

Some of us youths are not interested in principles, but in methods.

I thought those who Campaigned against the last government did so on the need for a kind of Renaissance. But all I see are people who are not ready to interrogate their beliefs, evaluate their choices and make demands that shows that they are for any good government but for no government.

All I see is brazen sycophancy with those who want to justify their votes. By clinging to the narrative of the past wasn't good enough also.

No employer will keep an employee who blames his inabilities on his predecessors. But in Nigerian politics, we are made to believe that's the right thing.

No youth will find his way to political power if we as youth don't believe we can. It's not going to happen if we want to protect any government just to justify our votes. The only way out is if we stop sycophancy and show seriousness in demands and sincerity of purpose. When you are sincere and consistent in demands, even the super natural forces affirms it.

It will not happen if the answer to, set up a cabinet, is what did the previous government do, or the answer to why is power deteriorating is, what did the other government do. Or the answer to what is your economic plan so that private sectors can align is, what did the other government do for sixteen years.
Or the answer to the question of why is the purchasing power of Nigerians deteriorating so fast, is, there's so much damage in the last sixteen years.

Until the youth refuse to conform, sorry there's no way out. The youth will not be given a chance. Fact! The youths will be used as an instrument for political contests nothing more. It will remain so until we become absolutely uninterested in a buhari or Jonathan government but in a government that is condemned to deliver now or die out.

That's the only way out. Who stays on the path of a moving trailer without brakes. Until the youth get to that point forget it.

I also speak to myself.

In addition, though from delta state which may not be in the forefront of the biafra story , I see what is needed in the Nigerian youth in Nnamdi kanu. I mean if well refined and directed. Trust me, the spirit and mind, I see it in Nnamdi kanu. I think if we can get hold of him and channel his resources rightly and exploit it for general purpose , I think he is someone who has some of what it takes. I may be wrong, but can't be absolutely wrong .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Osama10(m): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2016
They allocated CBN positions among themselves but threw up police recruitment to us so that we will guard and serve their children in political offices and CBN, just as our fathers served them.

Its a pity.

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Monimatic(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2016
Barcanista God bless u for this post
Any zombie that sees anything wrong with ur post is a bloody CGFRN grin grin grin
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by omofunaab(m): 9:27am On Apr 02, 2016
I think this article is balanced and I don't see why some people are calling names as if the article is directed at them.. .what's the difference between you that support dasuki, saraki and Jonathan.. Infact those that praise dasuki,tompolo,fayose etc are the real zombies ....but tonyebarcanista don't just write to garner likes or applause but please endeavor to always practice what you preach unless we will attack you and ignore the message because the source is unreliable and unstable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Abagworo(m): 9:32am On Apr 02, 2016
Come to Imo State where virtually every position is occupied by young people.

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:47am On Apr 02, 2016
Pidggin:
Who stopped you from vying for any political position? Your fans on nairaland will vote for you grin

Please don't make it about me. it is about a generation that I am part of.

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by ruggedboy01: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2016
Tribalism and stupidity will not let Nigeria youths think..
They are all fooooools and without future

Just wait, zombies and wailers are coming for ur head

Stupid Nigerian youths angry sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2016
omofunaab:
I think this article is balanced and I don't see why some people are calling names as if the article is directed at them.. .what's the difference between you that support dasuki, saraki and Jonathan.. Infact those that praise dasuki,tompolo,fayose etc are the real zombies ....but tonyebarcanista don't just write to garner likes or applause but please endeavor to always practice what you preach unless we will attack you and ignore the message because the source is unreliable and unstable
The source has never bootlick any politician nor defended anybody on trial or investigation.

Thanks for your words, the next piece on the subject will be more of solutions and call to action as stated in the concluding part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Reports On The Performance Of The New IVED/BVAS Accreditation Technology. / After Fashola,who Is Next In Lagos State / Tears As Reps Hold Last Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.