Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) (4500 Views)

Amechi The Coward / Labaran Maku Visits Wike: "Wike Represents New Generation Of Nigerian Leaders" / Abdulmumni Jibril: Dogara Is A Pretender, Hypocrite & A Coward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Xapio: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
omofunaab:

Have I shown you that I support any politician...please keep shut, I only want what's best for the nation
Shatap there... In your own words, 'Infact those that praise dasuki,tompolo,fayose etc are the real zombies' .. What your implies is that those that praise Tinubu and his gang of criminals that left PDP to APC are now saints... If you want to be neutral, condemn all our present and past leaders both PDD/APC and all tribes. But burying your head in your world of hypocrisy claiming neutral is what's not gonna sale..

2 Likes

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by ndcide(m): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
gists:

The current political landscape does not leave much room for deserving youths without "god fathers". How many youths who have not embezzled from somewhere can afford the governorship ticket of political parties (not to mention that of the presidency). Money is the name of the Nigerian politics and anyone that does not have it (and a strong godfather) is just wasting his/her time. This is what need to change first before condemning all the youth as a generation.

Having said this, the youths need to be more proactive in politics. But then, I know for sure the youth have and continue to make Nigeria proud in other sectors of our national lives.

Good! This your point got me thinking. What if the youth align with a formidable youth movement, like the Nnamdi kanu stuff, refine and redefine it, Own it, build a common front, and match along with it, don't you think it will be good?

That's the kind of movement the youth need now. You'll not have a money bag kind of politics you talked about. I'm only speaking strategically. Is not as if it's going to be perfect but, it's an in road into great youth structure and relevance.

That's why I'm not all into this kill kanu, kill kanu, A strategic thinker could just take over this opportunity. I got this when Rev Kukah, spoke about Nnamdi kanu.

I think this can be exploited. The south east youth can exploit this Nnamdi kanu following into a form of regional renaissance and transformation if the biafra thing does not work. But Nigerian youth in general needs it most. I feel someone like tinubu can just hijack this Nnamdi kanu movement and it will be lost.

I'm only trying to be strategic in thinking.

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Obiodunukwe:
Did you approach Obanikoro's political organisation? Yes or No?
Absolutely NO!
I mean NEVER have I approached any.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by joseph1832(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Absolutely NO!

I mean NEVER have I approached any.
But you hoped and prayed they approach you, that's why your false truths kept coming with the speed of attention seeking.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by MORNDEW(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
ndcide:

Good! This your point got me thinking. What if the youth align with a formidable youth movement, like the Nnamdi kanu stuff, refine and redefine it, Own it, build a common front, and match along with it, don't you think it will be good?

That's the kind of movement the youth need now. You'll not have a money bag kind of politics you talked about. I'm only speaking strategically. Is not as if it's going to be perfect but, it's an in road into great youth structure and relevance.

That's why I'm not all into this kill kanu, kill kanu, A strategic thinker could just take over this opportunity. I got this when Rev Kukah, spoke about Nnamdi kanu.

I think this can be exploited. The south east youth can exploit this Nnamdi kanu following into a form of regional renaissance and transformation if the biafra thing does not work. But Nigerian youth in general needs in most. I feel someone like tinubu can just hijack this Nnamdi kanu movement and it will be lost.

Some of you should shut up. How can anyone suggests youths align with a crass, Crude, irresponsible, disrespectful, hate-filled and tribal Bigot like Kanu? Smh.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The source has never bootlick any politician nor defended anybody on trial or investigation.

Thanks for your words, the next piece on the subject will be more of solutions and call to action as stated in the concluding part.

So says Barcanista who started on nl as an agent of obanikoro
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
oyb:

So says Barcanista who started on nl as an agent of obanikoro
Which Obanikoro was I an agent of? Na you be the person wey seal the deal?
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Truth234(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
I don't know why people are making this about the OP, this is just a wake-up call to all the youths.

I mean Thomas Sankara took over in 1987, he was just 33 years old and died as the most charismatic African icon, Kwame Nkrumah was 48 when he led Ghana to independence from Britain, but has been active since his 20s.

Gowon, Azike, Buhari, Awolowo, Wole Soyinka, Patrice Lumumba, etc were prominent figures during their 20s, what we have now is Omojunwa, Adeyanju and co twitter rants. No single person is taking a proactive role, not even Seun Kuti with all his noise, until we realize this old men can't pilot this ship called Nigeria to the shore but continue to concentrate power within their circle and gradually lay foundation for their kids to take over we won't do anything.

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by MarysMeal: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
swagaholic:
Nigeria is truly a zoo!!!!

What type of animals are your parents in the zoo?
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by omofunaab(m): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
Xapio:
Shatap there... In your own words, 'Infact those that praise dasuki,tompolo,fayose etc are the real zombies' .. What your implies is that those that praise Tinubu and his gang of criminals that left PDP to APC are now saints... If you want to be neutral, condemn all our present and past leaders both PDD/APC and all tribes. But burying your head in your world of hypocrisy claiming neutral is what's not gonna sale..

So in ur deluded mind that statement shows I support Apc abi.. .abeg swerve
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by aresa: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
Since 1999 when we returned to democratic rule, the so-called youths have not only been relegated to the backseat in the scheme of things,but are also happy being on the backseat. The Youths(as at then) that agitated for the ouster of the military in 1999, along with those that have been in the corridors of power since the days of President Shagari in 1979 are still here calling the shots, while the youths of today that are supposed to be running the show for the good of Nigeria are cheering them in the comfort of twitter, facebook, nairaland, palmchat, 2go etc. For instance, the "young" Audu Ogbeh that was elected member and Deputy Speaker of Benue State House of Assembly in 1979, appointed minister of communication under Shehu Shagari in 1983, elected chairman of PDP in 2001 is still active today as the substantive minister of Agriculture. This is a man that first tasted political power 37years ago when some of us weren't even born. Are there no young and vibrant APC youth that is capable of administering the sector? Our country has been on comatose since the generation of the present political leaders took over in 1966/7 till this yet, the youths of our generation are less concerned. 

What has the generation of present day political leaders achieved since they took over the mantle of leadership from their fathers? I dare say that Nigeria has been retrogressing under their leadership. They couldn't fix power, roads, schools, and hospitals. The structural defect of our country that they contributed to bringing to fore in 1966 is yet to be addressed. They have wasted billions of tax payers money and our oil wealth organising talk shops that they tagged conferences and confabs without result. They couldn't even fix the security sector, nor provide jobs to the teaming unemployed and a conducive environment for business to thrive. Under them, nepotism not only became celebrated but is has been officially adopted. This present generation of expired leaders are not only corrupt but have instituted corruption in the system. Tribalism is their forte. When you look at the prominent political parties including PDP and APC, the same tired politicians are holding sway and swapping offices. Their loyalty is neither to their party nor the country but only themselves. They couldn't even enthrone a culture of free and credible election that meets minimum standard. This present day generation of leaders have nothing to offer, they have showed it repeatedly, tested and failed woefully.

Before I go on, I wish to remind our youths of today of the feat achieved by their once upon a time predecessor. In their youthful days, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Ernest Okoli, Kofo Abayomi, Hezekiah Oladipo Davies, James Churchill Vaughan and Oba Samuel Akisanya, Nnamdi Azikiwe etc formed the Nigeria Youth Movement in 1933, this brave young Nigerians not only stood up to the British against the ill treatment of Nigeria citizens, they also participated actively in politics, won elections and were the movers of our independence in 1960. As youngmen, they assumed leadership positions in their regions and at the federal level. They may not be perfect as leaders, but history will always be fair on them as contributing their quota to an independent Nigerian State. Till date we still celebrate them. 

When Jonathan in January 8, 2015 said and I quote “I believe that the young Nigerians are the future, we are finished. We believe that the youths will be the ones that will take us to the moon, my generation has failed because we could not take Nigeria to the moon. I don’t want to address old people like me because we (his generation) are spent already", I shook my head in shame though I agreed with him that his generation FAILED Nigeria including him, i still questioned the rationality for saying that young Nigerians are the future except he wasn't referring to today's youths. How could Jonathan call this generation  the future of Nigeria when the generation of youths today are future-less? Which future does a generation of N.F.A(No future Ambition) has? This is a generation that are hustling to be appointed Special Assistant on Twitter, Facebook, Nairaland etc under the guise of Special Assistant on New Media while their mates in other climes are leading political parties and government institutions, calling the shots and developing their societies. This is a generation that sit down to expect their fathers in NLC and TUC to help them lead protest on the street while they tweet the outcome and update their facebook, palmchat, and other social media status. This is a failed generation that wouldn't have done anything in 2010 had it been their fathers Soyinka, Bakare and co didn't protest calling for the elevation of then VP Jonathan. This is a generation that sat down with their #OccupyNigeria hashtag while their fathers were in Ojota calling for the reversal of the ill advised subsidy removal of 2012. This is a generation that couldn't even protest the CBN fraudulent recruitment of children of the ruling caucus and demanding for its reversal and removal of CBN Governor but sat in the comfort of their parlours to tweet.and disturbing the peace of social network. This is a generation that have resigned to playing fighter dog for politicians in the two major parties but are never invited when the spoils are shared. What kind of generation would see nothing wrong in the high rate of unemployment(which didn't start under Buhari administration) but only whine in their rooms, resorting to try your luck with football betting companies? Ordinary Youth Wing these political parties refused to allow, neither are they giving up slots for young people in party, elective and appointive offices.

Is it not our peers in Burkina Faso that successfully brought down TWO military dictators within one year with some losing their lives in 2015? Is it not our peers in Egypt and Tunisia that brought down their dictator leaders? Is it not our peers that are on the streets of Brazil calling for the ouster of President Lima and prosecution of former president Sylva? Is it not our mates that are leading parties in South Africa? Why are we so comfortable taking back seats? Why are we comfortable with the fact that the old men are recycling themselves and slotting their kids? 

Some of us waste their MBs defending Jonathan and others but who remembered you when Jonathan's son-inlaw was appointed SA to Governor Ben Ayade of Cross river state? Lai Muhammed is a minister and his son is a member of Lagos state house of Assembly, in the same house of assembly, Bola Tinubu has his nephew as member. TA Orji, a Senator has his son as Abia state house of assembly member, Atiku Abubakar's daughter is a commissioner in Adamawa state, James Ibori's daughter is a member of Delta state house of assembly, Admiral Nyako son is an incumbent Senator, the present Governor of Niger state is the son-inlaw to Abdulsallam Abubakar, Ibim Semenitari, the MD NDDC is the Daughter of Gabriel Toby, the former Deputy Governor of Rivers state under the disgraceful administration of Peter Odili. The men we devout our time and energy to defend are putting their kids to RULE us just as they ruled our fathers. The worse is Kwara state, where Saraki family has been holding sway since 1979. They allocated CBN positions among themselves but threw up police recruitment to us so that we will guard and serve their children in political offices and CBN, just as our fathers served them.

I am pained that i belong to a generation that pride in cowardice, suffering and smiling, and folly. It is a shame that this generation that I belong to is on the verge of entering into the disgraceful part of history as one that not only failed themselves but also failed the generation before after them. This generation has successfully displaced the generation of the present day political office holders(who naturally are supposed to take back seat) as the most myopic and less visionary. This generation has successfully earned itself as a disgrace among its peers in Africa and the world at large. This generation I refer to the Coward Generation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (CGFRN). If you are between 25 and 40 years of age, this piece is an indictment on you. Those below the said age should learn from those within the age and not displace them in their place of disgrace when they become of age.

Despite the venom poured on this generation(which is deserving), I still believe that hope is not lost for us to redeem ourselves and earn our place among noble generations. I believe that we can look into our challenges and setbacks and address them in order to move from where we are to where we hope to be. This I shall address in subsequent piece...

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
[/s]

lmao @ you and useless, corrupt and incompetent Jona talking about young people.

Young Nigerians were obviously invisible or didn't exist when Jona saddled us with looting and sharing almost 90 years old Anenih to head the NPA and people like stone age bamanga tukur to head the NRC...

If Jona and his geriatric friends still dey power, young Nigerians go be the last thing on your mind, you losers come up with these silly rubbish because you lost..

You hypocritical disgraced and discredited protection seeker really need to STFU and close shop with your pointless, ignorant and thoughtless rants..

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by VocalWalls: 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
Who's talking?

The same person known to support blindly? Please park well and die.

Even if you come out today to say the truth, I won't even consider it, that's because you played to the gallery when the odds were working at your favor.

Now that you don't get paid anymore, your frustration is setting in, then you finally decide to heed to what is right?

Continue to wallow in your grief... Gnash your teeth and wear sack clothes with earth on your head.

You contributed to this.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by younglawya(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
@ poster above, you typify the problem of the youths in this country. @ tonyebarcanista, WHAT DO WE DO. It's not a rhetorical question
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Paulpaulpaul(m): 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Nigeria, the giant that never was. As for the generation of the zombies and wailers, governance isn't for us. What I won't want to see is that the son of let say Bukola Saraki becomes a governor.

From the 70s till date, the political capitalist have been forming a formidable fortress, that is now obvious. All I wish is a land of freedom for my son.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
OfBiafra:

Olisa - The struggle for independence was done by old men. On the year of Nigeria's independence, Azikiwe was 56, Awolowo was 51, Bello was 50, each of them spent at least a decade as non-youths fighting for Nigeria's independence.

Compare this to the first coup plotters that wanted to restructure the Nigeria a few years after these men took charge: Nzeogwu - 23, Ademoyega - 25, Ifeajuna - 25.

The age is not in question here; its the idea. Nigeria needs to be dissolved but we need both old and young to pull together.

Incidentally, it was young men that headed both sides of Nigeria's bloody civil war. One may question their judgement in not negotiating a settlement earlier - its probably the age.

OfBiafra

The op is probably despairing at the apparent lack of desire in today's youth to either take power for themselves or actively seek elective posts in the current dispensation. It is sad. But I don't believe the reason for this is cowardice.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
younglawya:
@ poster above, you typify the problem of the youths in this country. @ tonyebarcanista, WHAT DO WE DO. It's not a rhetorical question
In my concluding part I talked about solution, which I'm still penning down.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by olisaEze(m): 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
OfBiafra:

Olisa - The struggle for independence was done by old men. On the year of Nigeria's independence, Azikiwe was 56, Awolowo was 51, Bello was 50, each of them spent at least a decade as non-youths fighting for Nigeria's independence.

Compare this to the first coup plotters that wanted to restructure the Nigeria a few years after these men took charge: Nzeogwu - 23, Ademoyega - 25, Ifeajuna - 25.

The age is not in question here; its the idea. Nigeria needs to be dissolved but we need both old and young to pull together.

Incidentally, it was young men that headed both sides of Nigeria's bloody civil war. One may question their judgement in not negotiating a settlement earlier - its probably the age.

OfBiafra

. Nnamdi Azikiwe was 33yrs old when he founded the West African Pilot, a newspaper that was an instrument of agitation and enlightening the masses on the need for independence. And subsequently joined the Nigerian youth movement. As well as Chief Obafemi Awolowo who was long active in the politics of his region before he became the premier at the age of 45. Incidentally these men refused to conform to the prevailing status at the time not because of selfish material gain, but because majority of their people were being treated as 2nd class citizens in their own country. Something a good many of our present politicians with the aid of our security forces seem to be doing now.
I agree with you that age is not necessarily relative to ideas, but only the youth in any clime have the courage to dare to change their circumstance, not old men who are too set in their ways to proffer a solution in a constantly changing world of difficulties.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by nigerianvenom(m): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

but you will agree with me that it is the truth. This day employed on our fathers, now they are repeating it on us.

The problem we have is tribalism.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by nigerianvenom(m): 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

By flipflop you mean not sticking neck for any politician unlike sycophantic elements like you I guess. this sir, I agree...

as for highest bidder, no politician whether dead or alive can come out today to say I was or I am on his or her payroll. in fact, I turned down a few.... FACT!

No make me laugh barca.
Wetin real Madrid go do UnA today na?
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by OfBiafra: 4:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
olisaEze:
. Nnamdi Azikiwe was 33yrs old when he founded the West African Pilot, a newspaper that was an instrument of agitation and enlightening the masses on the need for independence. And subsequently joined the Nigerian youth movement. As well as Chief Obafemi Awolowo who was long active in the politics of his region before he became the premier at the age of 45. Incidentally these men refused to conform to the prevailing status at the time not because of selfish material gain, but because majority of their people were being treated as 2nd class citizens in their own country. Something a good many of our present politicians with the aid of our security forces seem to be doing now.
I agree with you that age is not necessarily relative to ideas, but only the youth in any clime have the courage to dare to change their circumstance, not old men who are too set in their ways to proffer a solution in a constantly changing world of difficulties.

As long as we are agreed on the fact that ideas are at the core of changing our current predicament, I'm glad.

@ bolded - funny that the 'change', currently being enjoyed by Nigerians, was engendered by the old and effected by the youth. My point is that, the young need guidance and the old are there to provide it. The wisdom and strength of youth should be geared, firstly, at seeking out the wise counsel of the elderly before effecting any courage.

OfBiafra
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Which Obanikoro was I an agent of? Na you be the person wey seal the deal?

https://www.nairaland.com/1318421/things-need-know-senator-musliu#16147384

Even though you may have deleted your old profile, your Fingerprints are everywhere.

That was your very first nl thread.

Political jobber. You're the same as that I stand with Buhari mercenary. Anywhere belle face. Pity the daft louts who take you for anything other than a loquacious hustler who is all talk and no game, and who stands for nothing and falls for everything.

Even those noise making wailers are better than you, at least we know exactly where they stand in support of the old way. You on the other hand. . .
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by olisaEze(m): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
OfBiafra:

As long as we are agreed on the fact that ideas are at the core of changing our current predicament, I'm glad.

@ bolded - funny that the 'change', currently being enjoyed by Nigerians, was engendered by the old and effected by the youth. My point is that, the young need guidance and the old are there to provide it. The wisdom and strength of youth should be geared, firstly, at seeking out the wise counsel of the elderly before effecting any courage.

OfBiafra
. To be honest, I don't know how many Nigerians are enjoying the ongoing 'change' @the moment, but we hope Mr president does not get side-tracked by sectional pressure. Probably if people like Maj. Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna and Co as you earlier mentioned had sought out elderly advice 1st, things would not have gone south as fast as it did. But the real wisdom of youth is understanding when elderly guidance changes to manipulation.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by 2sexycom(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
ndcide:

I think this can be exploited. The south east youth can exploit this Nnamdi kanu following into a form of regional renaissance and transformation if the biafra thing does not work. But Nigerian youth in general needs it most. I feel someone like tinubu can just hijack this Nnamdi kanu movement and it will be lost.

You have point bro. Really you do. But are the youths of this day as reach as any of the "old school" they wish to displace? That's the problem.

Tinubu is someone that can easily by the idea as long he gets his own share. But my fear is that they will likely rubbish it completely because they always want their "share" in everything.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
Abagworo:
Come to Imo State where virtually every position is occupied by young people.

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
oyb:

Even though you may have deleted your old profile, your Fingerprints are everywhere.

Political jobber. You're the same as that I stand with Buhari mercenary. Anywhere belle face. Pity the daft louts who take you for anything other than a loquacious hustler who is all talk and no game, and who stands for nothing and falls for everything.

Even those noise making wailers are better than you, at least we know exactly where they stand in support of the old way. You on the other hand. . .
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
oyb:

I want to assume that you are sane so I will respond to you.

1. While I eulogised Koro for his exploit as LILG Chairman and Senator, his philanthropic deeds and all, it is on record that Koro isn't the only man to be eulogised by me. it is also on record that I lashed At him for his Korobucci campaign style of 2014 and his misdeeds in Ekiti. It is also on record that I have also eulogised Kwankwaso(style of governance), Ribadu(his integrity), Tinubu(his brilliance) and Buhari for his perceived integrity. in fact, despite being in PDP I never his muly admiration for BAT. however, neither these men can come out to say I solicited cash or any inducement from them nor received from them at ANY TIME.

2. I know how sycophants like you runs to politician but not everyone that speaks a good thing or two about a politician is paid for that.In fact, I waste resources and time putting those articles. I have also turned down few offers that would have seen me earn good pay.

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by LFJ: 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The source has never bootlick any politician nor defended anybody on trial or investigation.

Thanks for your words, the next piece on the subject will be more of solutions and call to action as stated in the concluding part.

Tony again? Do you have problem with your new Landlord? Which youths are you calling now; PDP, APC or Nigerian youths? Your history as a chameleon is still fresh in the mind of those who have stayed long on Nairaland.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by LFJ: 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I want to assume that you are sane so I will respond to you.

1. While I eulogised Koro for his exploit as LILG Chairman and Senator, his philanthropic deeds and all, it is on record that Koro isn't the only man to be eulogised by me. it is also on record that I lashed At him for his Korobucci campaign style of 2014 and his misdeeds in Ekiti. It is also on record that I have also eulogised Kwankwaso(style of governance), Ribadu(his integrity), Tinubu(his brilliance) and Buhari for his perceived integrity. in fact, despite being in PDP I never his muly admiration for BAT. however, neither these men can come out to say I solicited cash or any inducement from them nor received from them at ANY TIME.

2. I know how sycophants like you runs to politician but not everyone that speaks a good thing or two about a politician is paid for that.In fact, I waste resources and time putting those articles. I have also turned down few offers that would have seen me earn good pay.

This is precicely your problem. I don't see you stand for anything.
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by LFJ: 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

go check my antecedent and see how I lashed Jonathan bwfore and even after his presidency.

as for the youths, I'm not referring to the Children of the thieving class that are there as fronts for their fathers.

A generation that can't lead their society is no pride.

Yes, you lashed Jonathan when they refused to give you the attention you want. And what happened when they offered you full protection you cried for?
Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by gists: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
ndcide:

Doubtful. I can't readily think of any where in the world where a certain class/group of people unilaterally align. Its just wishful thinking in my opinion. I hear this type of argument often that if only the masses can discipline ourselves, we can stamp out corruption or lawlessness etc. My take is its never going to happen as it is against nature that everybody within a sample size just align without some form of "teleguidance" from the "top". Take a look at nairaland for example and you'll see what I mean. Everybody cannot just sleep and place their heads in the same direction.

For me the answer still lies on the government to re-orientate the nation. To restore our value system. If a man refuses to take a carton of indomie from the politician campaign rally, he will most likely be laughed at in his community. People will call him a fo0l. Same goes for a young and brilliant man/lady who want to contest but refuses to "induce" delegates (many of whom are also youths).

Our national value system is crap! that is the problem as far as I am concerned. Take the most passionate youth and entrust him with a national post, s/he will most likely derail due to unnecessary influences - starting from his/her immediate family. Everybody just seem to be waiting for supposed God's opportunity to partake in the national cake. Reuben Abati used to be a sound critique of the government pointing out where they fall short. One would have thought he will use his then-found position in Aso Rock to practice what he preached. But, something changed and he defended a government that said stealing is not corruption

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by ndcide(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
2sexycom:
You have point bro. Really you do. But are the youths of this day as reach as any of the "old school" they wish to displace? That's the problem.

Tinubu is someone that can easily by the idea as long he gets his own share. But my fear is that they will likely rubbish it completely because they always want their "share" in everything.

The man may just wake up one day, with a little "free kanu, freee kanu" "we need a voice, he is a voice" you know that kind of stunt, get the FG to free him, create his own narrative, use his media guys to do justice to it, project it, while keeping a false idea of the struggle , and maintaining the youth followership, use the political capital and momentum to displace the various incumbents, force a narrative that they didn't stand up to be counted when it mattered most, before you know it the waves will submerge everyone of them and he remains the godfather some how.

Anyway.. You know

1 Like

Re: The Coward Generation Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria(CGFRN) by ndcide(m): 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
gists:

Doubtful. I can't readily think of any where in the world where a certain class/group of people unilaterally align. Its just wishful thinking in my opinion. I hear this type of argument often that if only the masses can discipline ourselves, we can stamp out corruption or lawlessness etc. My take is its never going to happen as it is against nature that everybody within a sample size just align without some form of "teleguidance" from the "top". Take a look at nairaland for example and you'll see what I mean. Everybody cannot just sleep and place their heads in the same direction.

For me the answer still lies on the government to re-orientate the nation. To restore our value system. If a man refuses to take a carton of indomie from the politician campaign rally, he will most likely be laughed at in his community. People will call him a fo0l. Same goes for a young and brilliant man/lady who want to contest but refuses to "induce" delegates (many of whom are also youths).

Our national value system is crap! that is the problem as far as I am concerned. Take the most passionate youth and entrust him with a national post, s/he will most likely derail due to unnecessary influences - starting from his/her immediate family. Everybody just seem to be waiting for supposed God's opportunity to partake in the national cake. Reuben Abati used to be a sound critique of the government pointing out where they fall short. One would have thought he will use his then-found position in Aso Rock to practice what he preached. But, something changed and he defended a government that said stealing is not corruption

OK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Shettima Destroyed Education In Borno State ...graphic pics / Public Poll Asking Northern Villagers Who They're Voting For In 2023 / See The Answer From Obi That Made My Stubborn Uncle Become Obidient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.