Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) (773 Views)

S3x In 2016 / Guy With No Car At 26 Irresponsible? Some Girls Still Think Like This In 2016? / What 'break-up' Lines Were You Served? Let's Share! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by uncleFola(m): 11:11am On Apr 02, 2016
The trendiest way to breakup a relationship in 2016 is by “Ghosting“!

Ghosting? What’s That?
Ghosting is basically completing cutting off a romantic partner with no explanation. It mainly applies to people in dating relationships. Typically, the “ghosts or ghoster” stops answering all calls, deletes and blocks the “ghosted” from social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Snapchat & Instagram.

The New York Times defines “Ghosting” this way – (the term) has also come to be used as a verb that refers to ending a romantic relationship by cutting off all contact and ignoring the former partner’s attempts to reach out.

Sounds cruel, doesn’t it?

Do People Really Do This?
In 2014, YouGov/Huffington Post poll of 1,000 adults showed that just 11 percent of Americans had “ghosted” someone.

This week, a new survey released by the dating site Plenty of Fish revealed that 78 per cent of single Millennials have been ‘ghosted’ at least once! That is a major jump which shows this trend is truly popping.

Ghosters speak out
Ameena – I was in a very serious relationship with this guy for 3 months, we met and fell hard for each other. He invited me to go on holiday with him and we travelled to the Gambia. In Nigeria, we hardly have the freedom to do sleepovers and things like that so this was our first time “living together”. It was like he was a different person, he was impatient and got angry easily and he put a lot of pressure on me to have sex with him (I wasn’t ready and didn’t), though on other days, he was ok.
He didn’t even realize he was doing anything wrong, I just acted like everything was ok.

As soon as he dropped me at home in Abuja, I completely deleted his number from my phone and blocked him online. He kept calling and calling until I eventually blocked his number.

Ini – I dated this girl for a year around the time I was ready to settle down. She ticked all the boxes and was wifey material for sure but she just didn’t excite me. Everything about her was perfect and Emma is really a nice girl.

I had already hinted marriage and she had met my sisters. I felt trapped somehow. I couldn’t bring myself to break up with her so when I travelled to the East for a work retreat, I just didn’t call her while there or when I came back…

The Ghosted
Tunde – I was talking to this babe for a while. We went on a few dates and it was very cool. I thought we were going in the same direction. We talked everyday and all that. One night, we were chatting on WhatsApp and I was telling her how much I was missing her. I promised to send her a pic to show how much I was missing her…
I sent a pic of something special…and she immediately blocked me on WhatsApp. I tried calling her but she never picked up. She didn’t even bother blocking me on Twitter, she just carried on her life.

I really Need To Try this….

Culled From BN

http://www.yabaleftonline.com/2016/03/find-out-the-trendiest-way-to-break-up-in-2016/
Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 02, 2016
grin Damn! I'm guilty doing this...but I never know tat it's called "ghosting"...
Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by Elzends(m): 11:15am On Apr 02, 2016
Spreads mat
Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by McCarlito(m): 11:16am On Apr 02, 2016
Federal Government is hunting Ghost Workers
The citizens are busy being Ghosted or Ghosting themselves...
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3554500_giphy_giff78492f0513c659e69dab2e47f567202
Make I pitch my tent here dey watch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by uncleFola(m): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2016
KashyBaby:
grin Damn! I'm guilty doing this...but I never know tat it's called "ghosting"...
lol, now you know you have been ghosting people, I doubt if everyone hasn't done this b4.....
Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by uncleFola(m): 11:24am On Apr 02, 2016
McCarlito:
Federal Government is hunting Ghost Workers
The citizens are busy being Ghosted or Ghosting themselves...
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3554500_giphy_giff78492f0513c659e69dab2e47f567202
Make I pitch my tent here dey watch
laffing ... ah dey here too Ok, BTW, is like you have popcorn with you, make I go arrange my own sharply.....
Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by McCarlito(m): 11:29am On Apr 02, 2016
uncleFola:
laffing ... ah dey here too Ok, BTW, is like you have popcorn with you, make I go arrange my own sharply.....
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3521335_babacalmdown_jpeg076babf1a4d8c993bdc283b59738857c
Na me buy the last one
Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by Ramanto(m): 11:30am On Apr 02, 2016
OYA...GHOSTING MODE ACTIVATED
BUT I THINK THAT IS A RUDE WAY OF CALLING IT QUITS.
Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by Mhizjay(f): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2016
Av done this like twice shocked grin
Re: The Trendiest Way To Break Up In 2016( You Need To See This) by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2016
Didn't I see something of this nature in this same section a few days ago?

This is old news.

NeXT!

(1) (Reply)

Get Out Of FRIEND ZONE! Num 2 Is Very Effective. / When U Think The World Is Waiting For U? / MY Virginity Was Lost!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.