Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) (15322 Views)

Comedy Short Film By Nairalanders - The Tenants. / Photos From Set Of Kunle Afolayan's Most Anticipated Film ‘The CEO’ / UNEXPECTED - SHORT FILM - By Dyoungstar and Umanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by sojioguns(m): 8:27am On Jul 29, 2009
Hi people Check out the Teaser of the new film by Kunle Afolayan:
http://www.vimeo.com/5809219

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/video/video.php?v=135348770154&ref=nf

, and tell us what you think.
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by candylips(m): 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2009
looks like a well directed movie
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by wilsonhaze(m): 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2009
The directing is good and the post-production is awesome.
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by candylips(m): 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2009
yes we need more nollywood movies like this
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by wilsonhaze(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2009
What do you think Nigerian filmmakers should do so we can have more nollywood movies like The Figurine?
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2009
wilsonhaze:

What do you think Nigerian filmmakers should do so we can have more nollywood movies like The Figurine?

The movie should be out first week of October in THEATRES.
I suggest Nigerians go out enmasse to support this movie. Thats the only way we can encourage more of this kind of movies.
Start saving your money now oo
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by candylips(m): 12:52am On Aug 31, 2009
its a pity that common man on the street cares less about movies like this

1 Like

Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by cmezue: 1:02am On Aug 31, 2009
@candy, well i'm a common man from d streets and i do care for movies like dis and hopefully even better. dis looks like a breath of fresh air. kudos to d director.
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by xothermik(m): 3:04am On Aug 31, 2009
Looks like my cg world is shrinking by the minute. the guy who actually did the shooting was in my office the other day 2 discuss a project. which means i was able to watch the full res version in all its glory. passed a funny anecdote about how ramsy nouah told him twas the only movie he's proud of and culd keep to show his kids cheesy.really nice stuff. by the way you guys watch out for our website coming soon so at least you could see what exactly we do. another nairalander is neck deep into the web design.
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by novaman: 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2009
the government should setup studio equiped with the latest film lab equipments that has the capacity to match what the likes 20th Century Fox in each of the 6 geo political zones.

each of the states in the zones will share the following facilities.

Film School

Film Lab

Distribution Center

Film Village

ETC

Each of the Local Government should have at least one Cinema, even if it means building a 5 storey building with each floor being able to accomodate about 500 people at a time plus a mini shoping mall within the same plaza (I can give insight about how the people can invest and support the project)

With the possiblity of having more than 700 cinemas, so if you a cinema that can accomodate about 2500 (i.e. 500 by 5) then multiply by the over 700 in each local government, a good film given the indices can make up 5 billion in the first week alone, please someone correct me if am wrong. (I can also give advice on how this can be done in my own imagination)
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2009
in nigeria, lol
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by candylips(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2009
cant happen in nigeria we need electricity first
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by Lfunk: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
Anything is possible even in Nigeria
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by candylips(m): 9:24am On Sep 15, 2009
like what
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by roghenobor: 3:22pm On Oct 15, 2009
I saw this movie yesterday, its a big bang! everyone in the theater was stunned by the quality of the production.
Kunle Afolayan, if you're there, this is a big thumbs up to you,
Oscar here we knock!!
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by sparta300(m): 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2009
This is far the best 9ja movie I have ever watch n believe me when I say this cos I'm not a fan of nollywood at all. Thumbs up, hopefully others will follow Kunle Afolayan's lead. He truelly has raised the bar high,
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by AdamuW: 9:20am On Nov 05, 2009
Finally saw the Figurine. I loved at because it's definitely a MASSIVE step in the right direction. I kept seeing flashes of what might be coming next as everyone involved (DOP, Actors, Directors, Editor,Post, VFX artists) in that project keep pushing on. I really hope the filmakers recouped or will recoup their investment through national and international sales.

As for the plot, I found it a bit confusing at times and found some parts didn't really link up as well as they should. But the great thing is that I'm not judging it according to average Nollywood standard. I'm judging it against world standard. The film was good enough to be judged as if it was a world class film. The team did brilliantly. Go and support it and watch it or get the DVD and make sure you PAY for it so they earn money!
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by luvbooks(f): 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2009
Please is there anywhere one can watch it on the internet?

1 Like

Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by toluxa1(m): 12:08am On Nov 10, 2011
where can i watch or download this film online please, does anyone have it and can upload?
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by lalaboi(m): 1:15am On Jan 16, 2012
Apparently its free on hibuzz.com now but the website is down. . . itching to watch this after the good reviews i've seen!
Re: The Figurine 'araromire' (a Film By Kunle Afolayan) by Geofkay(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2012
finally i watched figurine yesterday. O boy, i love the production. Was that film really produced here in nigeria? I mean, the production is tight. Am not a fan of nollywood though, but i remove cap for this one. Nice work guys!

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa Iv Unveils Without Shower Hour, Now People Will Sleep At Nigh / Acting Challenge Reality Show: Sam Dede, Ramsey Noah, Others To Mentor / The Hollywood Reporter Writes About OJUJU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.