Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) (60620 Views)

President Buhari Host Apc Delegation In Nigeria London House. Pics / "Police Is Your Friend"- US Based Nigerian Lady Says After Hitching A Ride. PIC / The Politics Of Biafra And The Future Of Nigeria – London Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by OYAY(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Karlovich:
When u have a dullard with electricity bill as president then there is a serious problem for such country

When we had your so call intelligent and brilliant hero running the affairs what do ee have? Was it an eldorado then? Or was it @ par with the situation described by the op?
You people should comment intelligently and with critical thinking devoid of shallow overview.

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by onunwa21(m): 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
tongue

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
Bollinger:

Striking through the first sentence makes no sense. It hasn't changed the meaning of the post.
I'm glad you noticed, that's my point exactly. If you could pass across your message without insulting words, what's the need of adding them?

2 Likes

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Akalia(m): 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
arofemites:
I had experienced what OP is comparing when living in Rotterdam.

Nevertheless, home is home. It is because of dese factors most of u in diaspora don't want to come home. You are yelling for a change in ur father's land and u r away wit nothing to contribute to make a change.

For me, I bliv d weak n hopeless ones who don't have d courage and wat it takes to survive will abandon dere country for a dirty pasture.

Had it been dat dese westerners abandoned dere beloved countries during d hardship of 15th,16th n 17th centuries, where would u have run to now?

Let's make our country great by uniting forces. Even in d absence of good leadership, I'll do my part by feeding this nation with my projects.

May God help us all, amen.

Don't yell for a change in diaspora. Come to contribute your quota.
now here is a patriotic Nigerian,I respect your opinion sir and for that I hold u in high esteem so far this forum is concerned. Please do well to translate your good motives into reality. God so help you.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by olamixx(m): 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
MrProducer:
This is Nigeria.This is Africa. We are black people.
Just understand this fact...
That thing is never going to happen here, whether it's 2050 o, 2100. Never ever.
And y'all waiting for Nigeria to develop, keep waiting.
Population of 180m and largest economy in Africa.
It will never ever happen.
We'll only manage but we'll never get there.
The bitter truth.

Ps. Don't quote me.
Am really disappointed in you
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Bollinger(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
thesicilian:

I'm glad you noticed, that's my point exactly. If you could pass across your message without insulting words, what's the need of adding them?

You call that initial sentence an insult? really? something not making sense is now an insult. Lol.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nig4Greatness: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
Whoever posted this trash lied.how can you claimed you used £85 to full your tank?.is your vehicle trailer or armored tank? .
Even in United States, you can't use $85 to fill up biggest vehicle tank.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by mikolo80: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
NoApology:
sadly i don't see that ever happening. seems the black man wasn't wired that way. and for those saying naija ain't as old as Britain and hence shouldn't be compared, with the way naija is going i doubt if they will be as Britain of today when they get to her age. we might be worse.

#NoApology
zhat have you done to make it better.you think west became what it is by wishful wailing?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by mikolo80: 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigeria may never get to that stage and the sad reality is that Nigeria & Britain are not the same. So stop comparing.
not if it's populated by negative thinkers like you she wouldn't
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by opius: 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
Excuse me dance.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Bollinger:

You call that initial sentence an insult? really? something not making sense is now an insult. Lol.
Well, I'm sorry. Thought you meant it as an insult. A lot of Nairalanders are somehow insulting so I guess...
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Freshboi: 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
Karlovich:
When u have a dullard with electricity bill as president then there is a serious problem for such country

Is our president the cause of your stupidity?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
mikolo80:
not if it's populated by negative thinkers like you she wouldn't

Lol.
No bro, I'm not a 'negative thinker'. I'm more of a realist. And based on the facts on ground, I can say to a 99.995% certainty that Nigeria cannot become like Britain, at least not in the next 50yrs...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by datigbogirl: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

It's not gas for cooking but for heating the house at low temperatures.

What if person no get money to pay for the gas? E mean sey cold go kill pesin be dat ko?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by mikolo80: 11:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
thesicilian:

Lol.
No bro, I'm not a 'negative thinker'. I'm more of a realist. And based on the facts on ground, I can say to a 99.995% certainty that Nigeria cannot become like Britain, at least not in the next 50yrs...
we will be in charge in 50 years or at least handing over to our juniors then. it took Korea and Singapore 30 years to turn it around. I say we can do it in 20 once we get a 'Messiah ' of sorts. law of averages on our side. just need to go through one or two more useless leaders.once electricity privatised and land use act revamped, we're golden just look at GSM
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Bollinger(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
Nig4Greatness:
Whoever posted this trash lied.how can you claimed you used £85 to full your tank?.is your vehicle trailer or armored tank? .
Even in United States, you can't use $85 to fill up biggest vehicle tank.

That might not be totally correct. There was a time gas was four dollars a gallon and even eight in carlifornia. It depends on the day and on supply and demand.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by wisepluto(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
God bless you my sister.
shaiba:
Yes we can. I got same from PHCN that I over paid my electricity bills last year from the month of August and was not to pay any more bills till the end of the year. Also this year same thing happened from the month of February.

I thought it was a joke and visited their office and it was confirmed.

Nigeria will get beter. God Bless us all.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by otokx(m): 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
thesicilian:

Lol.

There are rural places in Britain o, places where it i not easy to get a mobile phone signal or high speed internet access.

Nigeria will be great, let's be the change we want to see.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
mikolo80:
we will be in charge in 50 years or at least handing over to our juniors then. it took Korea and Singapore 30 years to turn it around. I say we can do it in 20 once we get a 'Messiah ' of sorts. law of averages on our side. just need to go through one or two more useless leaders.once electricity privatised and land use act revamped, we're golden just look at GSM
Electricity's actually a major factor like you said. Give the average Nigerian electricity, and a bank loan, and he'll perform wonders. But our leaders just don't see it...
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
shaiba:
Yes we can. I got same from PHCN that I over paid my electricity bills last year from the month of August and was not to pay any more bills till the end of the year. Also this year same thing happened from the month of February.

I thought it was a joke and visited their office and it was confirmed.

Nigeria will get beter. God Bless us all.
I have experienced it too. It was too good to be true, they gave us N0 bill for four(4)months. We had to keep paying N1500, because we didn't trust them...lols.
After the four months, the N6000 ended up serving as prepayment.

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Kenturkey048(m): 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
We will get there, soon.
How soon?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by mathias32(m): 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
Evyivy:
You to did i like fool a like look to person another to it send,fool a like this read to trying time your took you since. Confused haha. (Now read backward) .
what are u trying to say?

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Fury007: 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
Karlovich:

Your comment is incoherent... The dullard joke is on U.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by mikolo80: 11:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
thesicilian:

Electricity's actually a major factor like you said. Give the average Nigerian electricity, and a bank loan, and he'll perform wonders. But our leaders just don't see it...
yes they do but the political or upper class the world over do not share power (no pun intended) willingly. it will not be given, we have to take it
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by eseoghene144: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
ethene:

But op for naija fuel and gas no cost reach like that. With 3,000 naira gas for my 12kg cylinder I dey rock am for one month plus
The gas is not only for cooking but heating the house during winter that is why it is that high
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
sixtuschimere:
What do you think? Will we ever get to this stage?

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/can-this-ever-happen-in-nigeriaphoto.html
It's possible in Nigeria if and only if we make up our mind to do what's right. The guy who wrote that piece this is my question to you, should I buy a goods worth N10m and my change is N5, would you remember to give me even if it's insignificant?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by falseman(m): 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
OP no even get sense no wonder UK people sabi stingy
Okay let's calculate

You initially pay about £138 (N39750) for monthly electricity bill

Then £85 (25450) to fill your tank.

My brother this can never happen in naija you can't use up to 15k to fill your tank even at the high cost we buy now. And I'm sure if you are in Nigeria with 24hrs electricity you will never agree to pay a bill of 20k per month talk more of 39k.

Bros come back home.

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Fatherson: 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
Op, the fact that you went to fill up your tank without checking the price per litre of the fuel you are buying treks me a lot about your level of intelligence. You needed a mechanic to educate you that the unit price of fuel had fallen. Waow!

Convert what you are paying for electricity, gas and petrol to naira and begin to understand why you have to buy everything on credit and why you are still broke after decades of sojourn in oyibo land.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Fatherson: 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=falseman post=44355099]OP no even get sense no wonder UK people sabi stingy
Okay let's calculate

You initially pay about £138 (N39750) for monthly electricity bill

Then £85 (25450) to fill your tank.

My brother this can never happen in naija you can't use up to 15k to fill your tank even at the high cost we buy now. And I'm sure if you are in Nigeria with 24hrs electricity you will never agree to pay a bill of 20k per month talk more of 39k.

Bros come back home./quote]

We don't need such negative people. He should stay where he is and continue to enjoy his N25,450 fuel tank payments
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by SycophanticGoat: 12:10am On Apr 03, 2016
sinkhole:
gringrin haaaa, sister, no be lie be dis? talk true ooo, hmmmm God dey! AEDC dey steadily increase my bill every month even though no/little electricity has been supplied!

That one is only telling lies. Very shameless one at that. Imagine, na only her na him those crooks of a coy return money to TWICE (na only she dey Nigeria ni?) and she even go their office go complain? I don't know why some people resort to telling cheap and childish lies.. Beats me!

The same criminals in Nigeria that was giving us bills of 15k, and 12k per month for less than 30 hours power supply in a month. Not like we even use heavy appliances. Thank goodness the meter we paid for has finally been delivered (although other states got their own meters free of charge). Maybe now, 1k will last for 6 months since we no dey carry eye see light for my area.

On the OP.. So the OP is still waiting for change? After all that has been displayed by the dullard? He will wait until he's old and won't see his change.. Yeye!
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by SycophanticGoat: 12:15am On Apr 03, 2016
MrProducer:
This is Nigeria.This is Africa. We are black people.
Just understand this fact...
That thing is never going to happen here, whether it's 2050 o, 2100. Never ever.
And y'all waiting for Nigeria to develop, keep waiting.
Population of 180m and largest economy in Africa.
It will never ever happen.
We'll only manage but we'll never get there.
The bitter truth.

Ps. Don't quote me.

Harsh and undiluted truth.. Only fools will delude themselves and post Nigeria shall be great again, as if Nigeria was ever great.. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dakuku Peterside Kneeling And Praying To GOD For Today's Victory (pix) And APC. / Meet Fani-kayode's Ex-wife, Yemisi Wada (photo + Interview) / Fate Of 7 Governors Uncertain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.