Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

“I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London (60423 Views)

It’ll Be Disastrous If Tinubu Does Not Probe Buhari – Attahiru Bafarawa / Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe” - Garba Shehu / Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by dre11(m): 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has assured his processor, Muhammadu Buhari, that he and his close aides will be spared in any anti-corruption war his government engages in, SaharaReporters can report.

SaharaReporters learnt on Tuesday that this was discussed during the meeting between Tinubu and Buhari in London, United Kingdom, on Monday night.

The President’s assurance to his predecessor comes amid repeated and ongoing moves by the secret police, the Department of State Services, to place a lid on further investigation of politically exposed persons by the anti-corruption body, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Already, the DSS has carried out raids on EFCC offices in Lagos and Abuja, carting away sensitive files, documents and flash drives on investigations into alleged fraudulent activities of former governors, senators and ministers, SaharaReporters earlier reported.

SaharaReporters earlier reported that President Bola Tinubu returned to Nigeria on Tuesday ahead of Eid-el-Kabir celebrations, after spending a week in Europe.

The President departed Nigeria on June 20 to participate in the two-day New Global Financial Pact Summit, held in Paris, France.

Tinubu, who was initially scheduled to be back in Abuja on Saturday, proceeded to London, United Kingdom, for a "short private visit."

On Monday night, Tinubu met with former President Buhari.

However, sources told SaharaReporters that part of what formed the subject of their discussion was an agreement that Buhari and his close aides would not be bothered by any probe or anti-corruption war during Tinubu’s tenure.

“Tinubu met Buhari to reportedly discuss that Buhari and his close aides will not be bothered with any ‘corruption war,’” a source told SaharaReporters on Tuesday.

BACKGROUND

SaharaReporters earlier on Tuesday reported that the DSS told the anti-corruption body EFCC to steer clear of political cases for now.

Sources told SaharaReporters on Tuesday that the recent raid on EFCC offices – first in Ikoyi, Lagos and later in Abuja – were more political than they were made to look.

“The DSS has told EFCC to concentrate on non-political cases for now,” a security source told SaharaReporters on Tuesday.

SaharaReporters also learnt that during the raids, DSS operatives carted away files and flash drives containing sensitive information about former governors, ministers and senators under investigation.

“During the secret raid of EFCC offices in Abuja and Lagos, the DSS carted away files and flash disks of ex-governors, senators and ministers under investigation,” one of the sources said.

On Sunday, June 18, 2023, SaharaReporters exclusively reported that the DSS raided the headquarters of its sister agency, EFCC on Friday night, June 16.

It was reported that the raid lasted till early Saturday morning.

The action was undertaken under the cover of the night to prevent the public from knowing about it, it was learnt.

EFCC personnel were also instructed not to mention anything concerning the raid to members of the public.

An insider had told SaharaReporters at the time that the DSS was working in the interest of someone “very important” to President Bola Tinubu.

However, another source said it might be linked to the recent closure of the EFCC office in Ikoyi, Lagos by the DSS.

“I heard the raid and partisanship of the DSS was the reason why they raised an alarm yesterday (Saturday) that some of their disgruntled officers are planning to shame the agency and embarrass the leadership,” the source said.

Some of the investigators handling the case of former Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle were to be summoned by the DSS for interrogation, it was further learnt.

“That is actually intimidation, symptomatic of what former Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami did during Ibrahim Magu’s time as EFCC chairman to get several suspects off the hook,” one of the sources had said.

It was revealed that Matawalle was being investigated by the EFCC in two separate cases.

One of them is a case involving his private company which got money from the National Security Adviser’s office without executing the contract, which was investigated under the chairmanship of Magu. The other case involves the alleged fraud committed by Matawalle while in office.

Someone close to President Bola Tinubu also informed our reporter that the president was aware of the moves being made by the former governor to stop the anti-corruption body from probing him, which includes obtaining court orders to restrain the commission and other agencies from carrying out their investigations.

It must be noted that President Tinubu recently suspended Bawa from office indefinitely.

In the June 18 report, SaharaReporters noted that it was not clear what the agenda of Tinubu and the DSS were regarding the detention of Bawa and the carting away of sensitive documents relating to the commission’s investigations.

But revelations made by sources on Tuesday showed that the raids were political with the carting away of files and flash drives related to the probe of former governors, senators and ministers.

Last month, operatives of the DSS stormed the Lagos office of the EFCC, preventing officials of the anti-graft agency from gaining access to their office in Ikoyi.

SaharaReporters learnt from top sources in both agencies that hundreds of EFCC personnel were locked out of office due to what was widely believed to be centred on office ownership disagreements.

“The EFCC officers are shocked; they have been using the building for more than 20 years. Several suspects are there and there are fears that some might have been illegally released,” a top source had said.

President Tinubu later ordered the DSS to vacate the EFCC office immediately, saying if there were issues between the “two important agencies of government”, they should be resolved amicably.

Reacting to the incident, the EFCC in a statement on its official Facebook page described the siege as shocking, saying it had wider implications for Nigeria’s fight against economic and financial crimes.

“The operatives of the Lagos Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, arrived at their office on No. 15 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, this morning, May 30, 2023, to be denied entry by agents of the Department of State Services, DSS, who had barricaded the entrance with armoured personnel carriers.

“This development is strange to the Commission given that we have cohabited with the DSS in that facility for 20 years without incident.

“By denying operatives access to their offices, the Commission’s operations at its largest hub with over 500 personnel, hundreds of exhibits, and many suspects in detention have been disrupted.

“Cases scheduled for court hearing today have been aborted, while many suspects who had been invited for questioning are left unattended.

“Even more alarming is that suspects in detention are left without care with grave implications for their rights as inmates.

“All of these have wider implications for the nation’s fight against economic and financial crimes.

“The siege is inconsistent with the synergy expected of agencies working for the same government and nation, especially when there are ongoing discussions on the matter,” the statement read.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/06/27/i-dont-want-be-disturbed-any-probe-buhari-tells-tinubu-london

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by TemplarLandry: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
But you ran a shady government of cronyism.
And your boy-Malami won't escape scrutiny. Boss Mustapha and Garba Sheu too.

Buhari doesn't know that what Tinubu will do is in his mind. Don't get too comfortable around Jagaban. Ę lo ko Naira pamo! Lol. Have you forgotten??

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Naijanascam: 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
grin grin grin

Because you know that your so much talked about sincerity is FAKE and DECEPTIVE

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Ihateheadslamer: 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
Buhari already knew that he is not innocent tongue

210 Likes 12 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Freshtruth(m): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
May Ogun strike this Buhari sad so Buhari just decide to suffer Nigerians for 8good years if this country is a sane nation Buhari deserve to be stone to death.
Borrowing for good 8yrs
Four years treatment spent in London
Hermens killing on the rampant
Price of rice and bread even olosho done go 1k for short time
If na Egypt or ivory coast I swear revolution for happen

284 Likes 11 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by honestivo(m): 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
This life , he did same to Jonathan , all these are just for show, that am power nothing will come out of it as usual

18 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Freshtruth(m): 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Buhari all ready knew that he's not innocent tongue
The idiot knew he stole more than Abacha , lucky igbenedion and ibori combine

136 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by ejighikemeuwa: 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
This man (cabals) insulted the supposed honourable judges in this nation, are there no judges in this nation to proof him (them) wrong now?

26 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by DeAdvokate(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
When are they going to arrest that Sadiya Npower scam of a woman. She duped people to register for N-exit package through SMS code. She fed children at 'home' during Covid19 lock down. She is a big fraud

183 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Freshtruth(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
honestivo:
This life , he did same to Jonathan , all these are just for show, that am power nothing will come out of it as usual
Africa will always remain back word other nations ahead in terms of dealing with bad leaders. Buhari does not deserve a peaceful ending trust me

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Freshtruth(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
Naijanascam:
grin grin grin
Nigeria is in disarray and u dey open teeth when your teeth in real life is actually undecidedbrown color

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by festacman(m): 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Anybody expecting President Tinubu to fight corruption is daydreaming. He won't because his immense wealth came from corruption and the Senate President Godswill Akpabio is fantastically corrupt. All the politicians around him from Ganduje Kwakwanso, Wike to Mattawale are epitome of official corruption. So Tinubu knew he lacks the moral stand to fight corruption.

Any fight against corruption under President Tinubu will be purely for political witch-hunting.

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Parachoco: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Is this the same Sahara Reporter that claim Asiwaju dey go to France for health reasons?

If not the picture that was release, not even Sahara Reporter knew Asiwaju met Buhari

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Ihateheadslamer: 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
Buhari really dealt with you mercilessly to the extent that you cannot get the proper spelling of backwardness.

It shall never be well with buhari sad
Freshtruth:
Africa will always remain back word other nations ahead in terms of dealing with bad leaders. Buhari does not deserve a peaceful ending trust me

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Resurrection212: 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
Fake news

46 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Cassandraloius: 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abeg he should getat!

5 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by slawomir: 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Electricity tariff on the high

Tertiary institution fee on the high

Price of fuel on the high

114 percent increase in the salary of elected politicians waiting to be approved by tinubu

Guess what POC every year have been introduced right about now....poc is proof of car ownership certificate of 1000 naira every year
And yet no protest in Nigeria
No problem the politics of tribalism We all playing is obvious
let play it together and see how it gonna end

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by DMerciful(m): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
Bubu really deceived the gullibles that he was a man of integrity

16 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by SmartPolician: 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
This yeye herder should be in prison for totally destroying this country!

12 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by yesloaded: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
The amount of money looted within the last 8yrs is more than enough to take this country to greater height

Smh

20 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Klington: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
cool
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by obawinner(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Same Sahara reporters that said he wanted to visit the hospital. Fake news merchandise

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Naijanascam: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Freshtruth:
Nigeria is in disarray and u dey open teeth when your teeth in real life is actually undecidedbrown color

Even if your teeth is brown..... you never see anything yet..... just brace up for the Renewed Shege Banza
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by SoftP(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
They openly make their judgments selective already;
I wonder who still takes Tinibu's govt serious

8 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by HNICEARTH: 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
After squandering our resources for 8yrs. Shege azzalumi kawai!

2 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Continue

God is watching us

All this suffering u people are sharing
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by thesicilian: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Tinubu is ticking all the right boxes in my opinion. You can hardly run a successful government without consulting with the previous leader. I'm glad he's the one in charge.

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by datola: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hmmm...
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Technology14: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ok. Check my profile for your solar flood lights , precise resistivity meter and 4G cctv solar camera .
Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by WhisperedNoise: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Buhari presented himself as Mr Integrity and turned out to be one of the most kwarupt presidents Nigeria has ever had. Nigeria retrogressed by light years under him. I'm not surprised to see him and Baba Bulaba in cahoots. Birds of a feather...

5 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Mad thieves!

See darling daddy. A man of integrity.

I do tell people that the word Integrity remains a parallel line with the man Buhari.

A man of integrity will never be afraid of probing of his team and himself.

This is the height of criminality

25 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Disturbed With Any Probe”, Buhari Tells Tinubu In London by Confirm4real(m): 10:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
That's why he meandered Tinubu to become President grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu: First Lady, Aisha Buhari, Shows Off Her Jagaban Logo (Photo) / "Buhari Can't Stop Me BSc-ED" Picture Trending On Social Media. Gotten This Bad? / Femi Fani-Kayode Calls Hameed Ali "Ugly Little Monkey" (Snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.