Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD (29661 Views)

Latest Scholarships in Nigeria - Updated Daily - EDUREGARD / 5 Reasons Why You Might Want To Get A First Class Degree - EDUREGARD / The Deadly Mistake Nigerian Undergraduates Make - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Adedayo97(m): 9:00am On Apr 03, 2016
no b every body way go church clean nw....shey dem pastors clean
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by obidevine(m): 9:14am On Apr 03, 2016
This is true please check my signature
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by ebukapaul66(m): 9:21am On Apr 03, 2016
EduRegard:
Fear driven presentations and demonstrations often force youths to go to church while under the shields of some dominating forces, mostly parental. But not every young person will set going to church as a priority once he or she starts riding solo and under no real supervision.

We’ve heard some pretty strange statistics about church goers, most of which are female adults and least of which are the young and vibrant youths who are expected to keep close to God when they are still young and active.

All said, let’s see some 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church.

1. They Believe Church Is Boring – Since it's nothing like a party where ‘Lil Kesh’ would keep screaming a sinful phrase into their hearings, they don’t like it. They don’t fancy those left and right shifting dance steps vis-à-vis clapping in two’s at intervals. But let it be known that churches were never meant for entertainments. Maybe now that churches are singing ‘Godwin’, they might consider that.

2. They Believe The Church Is A Waste Of Time – The thing is, every one knows the message, “Jesus brings salvation”, “Jesus Is coming soon” etc. So why bother going to church to hear some repetitions of old sayings? This is also one of the reason why youths stay back from church, to them, they know the message the church is relaying.

3. They Don't Have Clothes – The church was never meant to be fashion runway. They just do not understand this. They are always hell-bent on looking fly to church, to impress who? Maybe that Lady smiling at the microphone as she leads the choir sing. So, as long as there is no new designer dress, no church.

4. They Believe The Church Wants Their Money – A couple of Naira that will go a long way in sorting Bread and Beans at that local restaurant is too big for them to drop for God. They believe they will save some cash by staying back home instead of going to church. Even though there are truly some churches that talk more about offering and tithe than the kingdom of God, it is well.

5. They Believe Life Is Better Without Religion – This is an assertion but with that perspective, they tend to neglect church since its the “pillar” of religion. Going by the norms and commandments of the church by being a Christian are hectic for others. Some of them don’t care much about religion but a better relationship with God.

6. They Believe They Don't Have Time – They believe some hours they will spend in church is better spent on cramming some aspects of that 201 course. Or probably spent tweeting and gathering twitter followers, or better still, to wash clothes, which is what they mostly do.

7. They Believe Worldly Engagements Are Sweeter – As long as there is power supply in the hood, larger percentage of the youths will shun church, you will hear sayings like “Devil already won today’s battle, but the war isn’t over yet”. Especially if the Super Eagles have a Match on that day, the church will be unconsciously scanty.

These and more others are the reasons why Nigerian Youths Hardly Go To Church. Feel free to add yours…

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com/7-reasons-why-students-dont-go-to-church/
some times think before u talk ...about money issue church is business nawa days if u are not carefully u meant sale ur father land to sold a sed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Dan1el: 9:26am On Apr 03, 2016
MetaHuman:
Who church don help?

Church is just an industry where people work yet they are the one paying their employers only to be told that their own reward would be in imaginary heaven grin

Talk about biggest scam ever grin

Donate your money to humanity/science and receive your reward here on earth or the universe that you are very sure it exists.
U're quite right. There are spiritual forces that governs the earth. Humans relate to them in different ways Buddhist, Krishna, Deity, Eckanker, Muslims, subcouncious, Christians etc.

But one thing I won't accept is when u preach love and u stay in a neighborhood that has poor people around that has no hope for the next meal. Yet u buy jet, fancy cars, richest in ur community, Nigeria or even Africa. U're a shame and disgrace to humanity. If u make them richer u're a ******

Look around u. I once saw a girl crying with a sch uniform in front of a gov sch. I was so touched that I stopped. I asked her problem and she told me she was driven home for lesson. Here I am thinking education was totally free. I asked how much and she said 200 naira. Is that wat ur so called parents can't give u?
I asked weekly or monthly but she said for a term. Then I was like why are u crying. She showed me stroke marks on her arm one tore her skin.
That inner rush just came up. I bashed into the sch that day. It was hell that day. My next action was to write to the education board and state government and all social media and platform I know of with accurate details. Name of sch, teacher, principal then photo of the arm
After much pleading, she was treated and she went back to the class. Lesson is not by force. U don't force a child to do lesson. They agreed.

They should visit motherless babies home or an emergency ward in a government hospital.... The day I went I was not myself for two weeks

They are a lot of ways to give to humanity and those forces will make good things come ur way

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Burger01(m): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2016
faray:
Last seen at church
December 31, 2015 12:30am
Your type plenty for nairaland wella cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by OCHOdee(f): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2016
osesology:
I agree with you, my brova...but I have observed that there isn't too many churches that preach salvation of the soul and the iminence of the kingdom of God, rather it's now more about financial stability and living the fanciful life, and to archieve this, huge tites are always collected.
Now we all know how hard Nigeria is, esp for the youths. The way they brainwash people these days, esp women, I begin to wonder if native doctors are now posing as pastors.

God is not calling us to go to church, He is calling us to be His church ... may God help us

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by jkarmstrong(m): 9:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Church is stale that's why. Nothing new there why bother? Waste of time, resources and useful mental energy. They get u worked up and afraid over imaginary things, then promise you imaginary rewards and paradise. Except there is no other way on Sundays I stay at home and breath free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Kam0007: 9:52am On Apr 03, 2016
EduRegard:
Fear driven presentations and demonstrations often force youths to go to church while under the shields of some dominating forces, mostly parental. But not every young person will set going to church as a priority once he or she starts riding solo and under no real supervision.

We’ve heard some pretty strange statistics about church goers, most of which are female adults and least of which are the young and vibrant youths who are expected to keep close to God when they are still young and active.

1. They Believe Church Is Boring – Since it's nothing like a party where ‘Lil Kesh’ would keep screaming a sinful phrase into their hearings, they don’t like it. They don’t fancy those left and right shifting dance steps vis-à-vis clapping in two’s at intervals. But let it be known that churches were never meant for entertainments. Maybe now that churches are singing ‘Godwin’, they might consider that.

2. They Believe The Church Is A Waste Of Time – The thing is, every one knows the message, “Jesus brings salvation”, “Jesus Is coming soon” etc. So why bother going to church to hear some repetitions of old sayings? This is also one of the reason why youths stay back from church, to them, they know the message the church is relaying.

3. They Don't Have Clothes – The church was never meant to be fashion runway. They just do not understand this. They are always hell-bent on looking fly to church, to impress who? Maybe that Lady smiling at the microphone as she leads the choir sing. So, as long as there is no new designer dress, no church.

4. They Believe The Church Wants Their Money – A couple of Naira that will go a long way in sorting Bread and Beans at that local restaurant is too big for them to drop for God. They believe they will save some cash by staying back home instead of going to church. Even though there are truly some churches that talk more about offering and tithe than the kingdom of God, it is well.

5. They Believe Life Is Better Without Religion – This is an assertion but with that perspective, they tend to neglect church since its the “pillar” of religion. Going by the norms and commandments of the church by being a Christian are hectic for others. Some of them don’t care much about religion but a better relationship with God.

6. They Believe They Don't Have Time – They believe some hours they will spend in church is better spent on cramming some aspects of that 201 course. Or probably spent tweeting and gathering twitter followers, or better still, to wash clothes, which is what they mostly do.

7. They Believe Worldly Engagements Are Sweeter – As long as there is power supply in the hood, larger percentage of the youths will shun church, you will hear sayings like “Devil already won today’s battle, but the war isn’t over yet”. Especially if the Super Eagles have a Match on that day, the church will be unconsciously scanty.

These and more others are the reasons why Nigerian Youths Hardly Go To Church. Feel free to add yours…

All lies. Fat lies!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by GuDErboY(m): 10:25am On Apr 03, 2016
kaziblake:
I'm not going to church 2day.....because I don't have money.
Thats so honest of u.......i lyk u.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Alexbabybird(f): 10:27am On Apr 03, 2016
osesology:
I agree with you, my brova...but I have observed that there isn't too many churches that preach salvation of the soul and the iminence of the kingdom of God, rather it's now more about financial stability and living the fanciful life, and to archieve this, huge tites are always collected.
Now we all know how hard Nigeria is, esp for the youths. The way they brainwash people these days, esp women, I begin to wonder if native doctors are now posing as pastors.
and d few churches that preach salvation of d soul make it difficult for d female youth to attend by preaching no wearing of earrings, making hair etc, always looking like an old youngie wit wrap-round tied on their heads all d time

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by kaziblake(f): 10:28am On Apr 03, 2016
GuDErboY:
Thats so honest of u.......i lyk u.
Thanks
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by porozhniy(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2016
There is no need going to any church meeting if u'll simply set aside ur bible and do as ur heart pleases. To me, such ones are worse than non-church goers cos their conscience is dead & they practice they worse form of hypocricy. Our society is the way it is cos pple dnt live what they preach, old & young alike. We no dey holy pass on sunday sef...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by osesology(m): 10:55am On Apr 03, 2016
Alexbabybird:

and d few churches that preach salvation of d soul make it difficult for d female youth to attend by preaching no wearing of earrings, making hair etc, always looking like an old youngie wit wrap-round tied on their heads all d time
Babes, if you are really the one on ur dp, then I dont think you need all those extra gadgets to altract a man. Like I always tell my girl, she looks more beautiful without her make-up on but she just wont biliv me. If you are naturally beautiful and neat, those churches wont make you look less than you really are, physically.
Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by CrownV12(m): 11:18am On Apr 03, 2016
EduRegard:

I strongly believe your assertions to be false. I believe one of the reasons is that most of these churches are just in a state of hypocrisy our elder statesmen turn a blind eye to. Yes! You go to church and sometimes you can't determine if u came to worship or you came for a fundraiser. Where pastors tell you "the lord needs someone to donate five thousand naira to bless the person more than everyother person in the church". He will collect five thousand from about 20 people and move the heist to 10,000. Are blessings on auction??. Also, the tenets in some churches are so outdated that the youth would rather enjoy thier lone time with thier creator than join in on whats not feasible to them. Since youths dont go to church as you opined, stop at daystar and check the majority of thier congregation and you'd find them out to be youths. You can also try stopping over at christ embassy. Youd find enough youth to start an army. The reason being that such churches have found a way to integrate the youth and contemporary tenets into the church unlike some churches where the youth are not even noticed because the older generation land most of the money. Please let me dtop here.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Sirpluv: 11:22am On Apr 03, 2016
maxibrainz:
Make I book space grin
Are you the modder of 2go and 10go of dat time grin :/
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Zenlife: 11:51am On Apr 03, 2016
Yes and they are 100% right in all the above, more and then some...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Lionsclaw: 11:55am On Apr 03, 2016
Mr Poster 'their' reasons or 'your' reasons. You are a joker in a world of your own
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by blackiridis(m): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
osesology:
thank you bros
your last sentence is very true no much shrines these days. where are the witch doctors? in churches as pastors maybe.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by maxibrainz: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
Sirpluv:

Are you the modder of 2go and 10go of dat time
grin :/
yes my star booster
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by afroxyz: 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
The same church that introduced slavery and supported the balkanization of the world. The same church that killed our indigenous knowledge. The same church that has brought more division instead of cohesion. The same church that preaches prosperity instead of salvation. This is the church you said I should be going to? Abeg keep your church, let me keep my soul

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by dancoolD(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
you are wrong by saying Nigeria Youth does not go Church, you may say some of the reasons why you does not go Church
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by EduRegard: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
dancoolD:
[s]you are wrong by saying Nigeria Youth does not go Church, you may say some of the reasons why you does not go Church[/s]
YOU ARE WRONG BY SAYING NIGERIAN YOUTHS DO NOT GO TO CHURCH, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF YOU SAID SOME OF THE REASONS WHY YOU DO NOT GO TO CHURCH.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by judondasylva(m): 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Buhari and his party APC are bunch of clueless fools who don't know nothing about leadership or governance, all the do is promise upon promise even when they don't know how to go about actualizing their bugous promises. they should shut up and work or step aside for those that are ready for governance. but its sad that no matter how incompetent that this administration is the blinded foolish zombies will not see it or may be the see and feel it but too silly to admit their mistake and miscalculation.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Sirpluv: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
maxibrainz:
yes my star booster
Nice meeting u bruh. . . . .
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by kingsley1996(m): 2:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
But if dats d case. GOD only need our hearts. Though we r to pay tithes. But dats not d basic thing. Its only been faithful to God.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Rawblings(m): 2:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
Christian or no Christian, There's no excuse that you'll give that's worth not worshipping God or not even believing in Christ Jesus

Luke 14:18-24New International Version (NIV)

18 “But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’

19 “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’

20 “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’

21 “The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.’

22 “‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’

23 “Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. 24 I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’”

Revelation 3:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Celsony: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
niggi4life:
Many of them that goes to church attend due to some of the wordly things as well.
1. Show off their latest clothes,bags,shoes and Cars
2. To catch a fine looking babe or handsome bobo.
Some even go to see if they can catch the pastor sef.
Church has truly turned into a social gathering.
I do go to church though but it is a Catholic church where the same sermon in Rome, Paris, Ghana, Australia, Brazil, USA, Canada, Switzerland and of course Nigeria are All the Same

The scriptural readings are thesame but the preaching differs.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by Sijo01(f): 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
otiigba1:
you were never even prepared to go to church even if church is in inside your living room grin grin hey! Sijo what happened to our friend SUPOL? Abi buhari don sack am from NPF

Supol is balling high, trust me. He will attend to your mention as soon as he's free to.

For the records, I ended up going to church o. Have no reason not to because I only get to attend for just 2 Sundays out of 4 in a month.

By the way, where's my £20. Don't let me send Supol after you o.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by breakeven: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
YOU ARE GIVING US A WRONG IMPRESSION ABOUT NIGERIA YOUTH. NIGERIA YOUTHS KNOW GOD AND THEY GO TO CHURCH PERIOD. IF SOME PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE AND DONT GO TO CHURCH, IT IS NOT ONLY YOUTHS.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by FXLeader(m): 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
A Church should be a place of spiritual and physical healing. We need the zeal of the old-time missionary who had left their nations, wealth, families, comfort zones, risked their own lives to come to the acclaimed disease-prone, flesh-eating African nations to preach gospel.
It is simply due to the facts that;
- most youths lack interest
- most youths do not have the fear of God
- most youths still see churches as business ventures
Re: 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD by SUPOL(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Sijo01:

Supol is balling high, trust me. He will attend to your mention as soon as he's free to.

For the records, I ended up going to church o. Have no reason not to because I only get to attend for just 2 Sundays out of 4 in a month.

By the way, where's my £20. Don't let me send Supol after you o.
lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Day Of Your Life In School? / The Rise And Fall Of Foreign Second Degree / Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.