Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,778 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

Your Motive For Paying Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Motive For Paying Tithe (11051 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / What Is Your Motive For Going To Church? / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Motive For Paying Tithe by golddealer(m): 9:14am On Nov 10, 2013
If you believe in paying tithe, do you have any motive for paying or just following the biblical instruction. Also
1. Do you attach any request from God or you just believe the blessing therein will be yours by faith
2. Do you make it up if you did not pay any previous month.

P.S. - Tithe paying believer comments ONLY. Thanks
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 10, 2013
I believed in it and I paid before. Then I stopped believing in it and refused to pay. Guess what? I have never seen any changes in anything. I progress gradually just as it used to be when I was paying. Though I still pay some kinds of money in church these days, even sometimes if what I pay is 10 percent of my income, I will never call it tithe.

As for the motive? Look at it this way; I attend my church every time I have to be there and these are the things I enjoy:
1. The church runs on generator for power all the times, and this cost money.
2. It costs money to get the church premises cleaned all the time.
3. It costs money to maintain a lot of gadgets in the church
4. It costs money to pay salaries to those who work at the church, e.g. the guy who plays the keyboard and the priests.
5. It costs money to do a little charity work.

These are my motives for paying some money at church.

Now, I do not see my God as a money doubler!

33 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Justeenaleo(f): 10:10am On Nov 10, 2013
tpacalipse: I believed in it and I paid before. Then I stopped believing in it and refused to pay. Guess what? I have never seen any changes in anything. I progress gradually just as it used to be when I was paying. Though I still pay some kinds of money in church these days, even sometimes if what I pay is 10 percent of my income, I will never call it tithe.

As for the motive? Look at it this way; I attend my church every time I have to be there and these are the things I enjoy:
4. It costs money to pay salaries to those who work at the church, e.g. the guy who plays the keyboard and the priests.

smiley xactly

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by crystalballs: 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
To receive another in multiple folds.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
I don't pay tithe...offering and seed sowing are my things.
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Femistico(m): 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
I want more blessings from God....

first page thinz nooni
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by ovo4u(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
No matter rich I get, will never get fool by this thief calling themselves man of God..... I think highest offering anyone can get from me is either 5 naira or no more.

5 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by liyalla(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
What other motive than in obedience to God' word. If U say U are a christian its nt a pastor' preaching dat makes U pay tithe. "Shall a man rub God?..."

6 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Tithe this.... Tithe that every time dnt let it tk u 2 hell @op.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by condralbede(m): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
How on earth did this thread made it to front page
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Udohbaba(m): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
tithe is good but how many christian is truly giving 1/10th of their income?
just give freely and God will bless you abundantly
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Dannylux: 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
I don't undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
liyalla: What other motive than in obedient to God' word. If U say U are a christian its nt a pastor' preaching dat makes U pay tithe. "Shall a man rub God?..."
Ofcourse not! Who are we to rub God grin

10 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
As far as I am concern, tithing is all about giving to God according to ur level of faith. It's like casting ur bread upon many waters and not about giving to God inorder to insure your life.

4 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by castielo(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
Young man.. Fear God!
Btw, u dont "pay your tithe later".. u dont owe God his Ten percent. If God should 'owe' you, you'd spend ur entire life in misery.
If you are for God you wont even be asking smtin diz senseless just to brew an argument.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by enquirydon: 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
it is a command by GOD and if u abide by it,u will eat d fruit of it

same thing 2 sowing

3 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Clemzy16(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
I'm still a student and i don't fancy paying tithes. But if you check my life, i'm better than some people who do.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Wizdray: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
.....if i ll nt open u d windows of heaven, nd pour u out a blesn, dt there shal nt b room en0ugh 2 receive it.
I so much blv in dz, dat's Y am paying my tithe

2 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by esere826: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
tpacalipse: I believed in it and I paid before. Then I stopped believing in it and refused to pay. Guess what? I have never seen any changes in anything. I progress gradually just as it used to be when I was paying. Though I still pay some kinds of money in church these days, even sometimes if what I pay is 10 percent of my income, I will never call it tithe.

Truely, I say to you
yo have seen God and have obeyed his commandments
and are indeed blessed for having such an understanding

...shalom

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Perfecter4real(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
The promise of God in Malachi 3:1o .

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Jfast: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
When you pay your tithe it unlocks the gates of financial prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Smallville4live(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
Paying of tithe is a commandment from God. Malachi 3:10.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by SirTunechi(f): 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
To avoid the high cost of pant
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Jfast: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
When you pay your tithes it unlocks the gates of financial prosperity in your righteous labour not 419. Please you cant rob a man to pay your tithes. You are wasting your time.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by golddealer(m): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Wow!!! Guess i thought hard before creating the topic

Wizdray: .....if i ll nt open u d windows of heaven, nd pour u out a blesn, dt there shal nt b room en0ugh 2 receive it.
I so much blv in dz, dat's Y am paying my tithe

nice one
castielo: Young man.. Fear God!
Btw, u dont "pay your tithe later".. u dont owe God his Ten percent. If God should 'owe' you, you'd spend ur entire life in misery.
If you are for God you wont even be asking smtin diz senseless just to brew an argument.
condralbede: How on earth did this thread made it to front page
as said earlier... "Paying believer comments ONLY". God bless

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by penny01502: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
ovo4u: No matter rich I get, will never get fool by this thief calling themselves man of God..... I think highest offering anyone can get from me is either 5 naira or no more.
you are worst than me
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
There is a scheme going round, whereby some smart people fool others to part with their hard-earned money so these smart people can enrich their pockets.

I hear they call it tithing.

3 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by alex406(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
For those of u saying a pastor cannot force u to pay tithe,read malachi 3vs8 and u will understand the reason for tithe paying.
Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by Crotalus: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
Whether you pay or not is of little consequence in the long run. Your life will not be any different. What is yours will come to you. The things that are not yours you will never get even if you pay 90% of your income. And please you are not "giving money to God," or "sowing a seed." Don't be a fool.

1 Like

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by cslewis: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
it is very disheartening to see Christians talk abt tithe like this...I believe if you truely have a relationship with God,you'll obey His commandments nd do as He said in Malachi. you should also note something,if you're giving in d house you're giving for d work of God,even though d money is siphoned into d wrong pocket,God sees your heart nd He will bless you.You're paying tithe to get full delivery of your blessings in Christ Jesus,you're setting in motion d riches 'which u already have by faith ...it is simple,just obey.plzzzz

4 Likes

Re: Your Motive For Paying Tithe by lomprico(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
@topic. scratch my back, i scratch urs

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Mfm Power Must Change Hands Messages (2009) By Dr. D. K. Olukoya / Paula White: Without Walls Or Without God? / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.