Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? (10937 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Xtanixlax(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2016
"Verily I say unto you,this generation will not pass before everything said here will come to pass(2nd coming)". this was said a few years after d death of Christ and......here we still are. any one care to explain?
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Stylz69(m): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2016
What end time? We've been in the end times since the bible was written and the world hasn't ended. I recall hearing about the rapture and the coming in primary 3 and everyday I kept looking in the clouds for the trumpets and imagining the sound; needless to say it never happened. Focus on living and doing the best you can while you can. The only end time is when your time on this earth ends...
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by chyka33(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2016
The only way to subdue the flesh is to live in the spirit.Human efforts will always fail....

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by maestroferddi: 10:38am On Apr 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Be deceiving yourselves, don't go and have responsible sex if konji is worrying you.

Word of God ko, mschew.
You treading a dangerous territory so beware!

You need Jesus. Accept Him now for a total re-orientation.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by freecocoa(f): 10:44am On Apr 03, 2016
maestroferddi:
You treading a dangerous territory so beware!

You need Jesus. Accept Him now for a total re-orientation.
Yah!

That your Jesus is the one that needs me.tongue
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by maestroferddi: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2016
iamexcelblog:
My dear, I don't know the advice I will give you now and I will be tagged a carnal man. There was a time I was like you and had serious moral crises. I saw every woman as evil especially those that dress lustfully. I had no internal peace.

But at a time, I came to understand the very fact that at the end of it all, we are all humans..... There are those who have serious sexual urge more than the others. My brother, its only natural to seek "company" when such arises inasmuch as you are not committing a crime like rape... Sex is only natural because man is an animal. I have met a girl whose sexual urge is triple more than the normal girl. The average African or hypocritical Nigerian will call her a demon but am sure that its just natural....

But let me remind you, there is nothing like end times and there will never be.... All you people prophesying end times are limited in knowledge and have no clue whatsoever on how the universe works....

By the way if I may ask you, where the early men wearing clothes? You people are yet to come to terms with the fact that society is evolving with time. You should be grateful that you are seeing people even wearing clothes in your time. Take a time traveling machine a travel back to a million years ago on earth. You will be surprised on how naked people were going around and it was very normal. You may see how people were having sex daily like the animals they were and it was very normal. A million years later, has there been an end time on earth? Or you think it is every body that believes in the Bible? The grand deception? Lest I forget, the world has been for billions of years.... Scientifically proven!

Will you have the mind to believe what you will see should be taken to a billion years back in time?

Free yourself from mental slavery and accept who you are..... Thats if you want internal peace.
Your argument is replete with gaping holes/fallacies.

You appeared to be discountenance what you were ill at ease to understand.

That your mental processes/intellectual powers cannot process/comprehend supernatural facts should not negate their reality.

What do you mean by mental slavery? May I ask you how you came to accept the basic axioms you live with in your daily living? What/who validated them?

You see, you can only succeed in setting off a barrage of uncertainties/questions.

In the final analysis, it is faith that undergirds existentialism. And faith is the belief in the architect of the cosmological system.

You can't hide behind science to vitiate the existence/reality of God because science cannot run against God because science itself came from God.

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by maestroferddi: 11:07am On Apr 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Yah!

He certainly needs you because he does not want you to continue in the path you are treading.

If you continue in the aforementioned path, you shall end up in a very costly regret. Costly beyond what your imagination can fathom.

Granted that there might be sundry challenges/issues trying to dissuade you from taking the all-important step, but all you need is boldness to do the needful.

Give it a try and you will experience something akin to a rebirth. That gap/void/chasm in your life will be filled with the bliss/contentment/fulfilment of living for a higher purpose.

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by uvalued(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2016
adren:
It is no mere gainsaying that endtime is here.. We are now in a world and a society where immorality and vain acts are condoned..

Dear NLders, how do you practically wade off immoral acts and remain deep rooted in faith??

My church used to teach me to "close my eyes and run away" but it doesn't really work..

For instance, I see a girl with really good assets displaying them with pride and sense of lust, and then, getting into her pants occupies my church mind..

Know your identity in Christ is the ONLy way, whish is You are the righteousness of God in Christ. On closing your eyes, when you open, she is still there or you see yet another the next time flaunting her assets , what next? Run from her, infront of you will see 10 or more waiting for you to lust desire them... so what now? Your energy will wane and you will still see them... the best you can do is confess your Identity over the situation and i know, the desire in you for such lusty lady will wane... *this is how i have practically handled most of my temptation*! wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by freecocoa(f): 11:16am On Apr 03, 2016
maestroferddi:
He certainly needs you because he does not want you to continue in the path you are treading.

If you continue in the aforementioned path, you shall end up in a very costly regret. Costly beyond what your imagination can fathom.

Granted that there might be sundry challenges/issues trying to dissuade you from taking the all-important step, but all you need is boldness to do the needful.

Give it a try and you will experience something akin to a rebirth. That gap/void/chasm in your life will be filled with the bliss/contentment/fulfilment of living for a higher purpose.
blah blah and more blah.

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 03, 2016
The Bible says : "Be ye therefore transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that holy, acceptable and perfect will of God", daily meditation on the word of God fills your mind with the things that are above and it reduces the tendency to be lured away by the lustful desires of the flesh. Secondly " do not forsake the assembly of the brethren ", being close to people who share the same goal with us tends to strengthen our commitment to such goals, as the cliche puts it "strength in unity ". May we not fall by the road side in Christ's name.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Olusanya333(m): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2016
adren:
It is no mere gainsaying that endtime is here.. We are now in a world and a society where immorality and vain acts are condoned..

Dear NLders, how do you practically wade off immoral acts and remain deep rooted in faith??

My church used to teach me to "close my eyes and run away" but it doesn't really work..

For instance, I see a girl with really good assets displaying them with pride and sense of lust, and then, getting into her pants occupies my church mind..

Renounce Christianity.

Be Spiritual Not Religious.

Live By Your Heart.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Yah!

am happy you know the nameJesus represents power and authority, you affirmed this by typing the first letter in capital letter.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by freecocoa(f): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2016
Liciase:
am happy you know the nameJesus represents power and authority, you affirmed this by typing the first letter in capital letter.

Are you for real? Nigga your delusion no be here o.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by maestroferddi: 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
freecocoa:
blah blah and more blah.

Your impulsive responses are understandable.

Nonetheless, in the privacy of your closet, give the issue of turning over your life to Jesus a serious thought.

Jesus cares for you even when you are trying to repudiate/denounce Him.

There is a special role awaiting you in the house of God. The stray sheep will be specially welcome in the sheepfold.

Think about it...

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by praxisnetworks: 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
and what's your nosy business about his believe in Jesus Christ?

am getting bored of your monosyllabic prattles....fvck, da fvck and nigga.

freecocoa:

Are you for real? Nigga your delusion no be here o.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by praxisnetworks: 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
hear your zero watt reasoning.

freecocoa:
Yah!

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by praxisnetworks: 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
and how is the word of God your problem?

freecocoa:
Be deceiving yourselves, don't go and have responsible sex if konji is worrying you.

Word of God ko, mschew.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by ezelos(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
Most Nigerians are bunch of hypocrites! They never preach what they say.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by oluemmakay(m): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
1. You have to get Busy for God
2. Let the Second Comin of Christ sink into your consciousness so as to make you cautious in woteva thing you are doing.
3. Pray Always.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Originalsly: 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
It is not easy....you will stumble. .but each time need to pray and ask for the strength to overcome the trappings of life. As someone living in ehmmm.... Sodom and Gomorrah. ...I'll advise you to regularly attend a church that helps to keep you spiritually focused. ... and associate yourself with friends who have the same belief and fighting the same battle as you.... they would be the ones to keep you on track whenever you are tempted to go astray.... and even if you do... they would be the ones to bring you back.Establish your principles....and stick with them.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by EreluY(f): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
[size=18pt]Stop being deceived. The whole idea of God pivots on unverifiable and unfalsifiable truth-claims. Make most of life. Be a blessing to everyone that crosses you path - do good, be kind and help others in need.[/size]
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Bollinger(m): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
adren:

When will you people learn there is no "end time". When that asteroid first destroyed life on earth, i'm pretty sure those cavemen were saying end time too. When the black plague killed over 70% of Europe, i am sure people were thinking end time as well. When world war one and two started a lot of christians were shouting end time. We are still here today. Short of a thousand mega nuclear bombs going off at the same time, the world is going to always be here. The world is cyclical. It changes and bad things will always happen.

Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by EreluY(f): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bollinger:

When will you people learn there is no "end time". When that asteroid first destroyed life on earth, i'm pretty sure those cavemen were saying end time too. When the black plague killed over 70% of Europe, i am sure people were thinking end time as well. When world war one and two started a lot of christians were shouting end time. We are still here today. Short of a thousand mega nuclear bombs going off at the same time, the world is going to always be here. The world is cyclical. It changes and bad things will always happen.

Poignantly articulated
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Bollinger(m): 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
EreluY:

Poignantly articulated

It doesn't the facts though.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by harsysky(m): 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
adren:

Op, As far as you are on this earth and wana quit thinking on stuffs like that, you can never. Many attimes some christians think with their own might and power, they can stop an addiction, but it's false!

See it this way, imagine someone who has always engaged in fornication for a very long time. What happens is that it's become a seed that has grown into a mighty tree. On one's own power, one can't overcome it, but with one trusting in God to stopping that, Oneday you would just wake up and find that addiction no more.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Ashez: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
iamexcelblog:
My dear, I don't know the advice I will give you now and I will be tagged a carnal man. There was a time I was like you and had serious moral crises. I saw every woman as evil especially those that dress lustfully. I had no internal peace.

But at a time, I came to understand the very fact that at the end of it all, we are all humans..... There are those who have serious sexual urge more than the others. My brother, its only natural to seek "company" when such arises inasmuch as you are not committing a crime like rape... Sex is only natural because man is an animal. I have met a girl whose sexual urge is triple more than the normal girl. The average African or hypocritical Nigerian will call her a demon but am sure that its just natural....

But let me remind you, there is nothing like end times and there will never be.... All you people prophesying end times are limited in knowledge and have no clue whatsoever on how the universe works....

By the way if I may ask you, where the early men wearing clothes? You people are yet to come to terms with the fact that society is evolving with time. You should be grateful that you are seeing people even wearing clothes in your time. Take a time traveling machine a travel back to a million years ago on earth. You will be surprised on how naked people were going around and it was very normal. You may see how people were having sex daily like the animals they were and it was very normal. A million years later, has there been an end time on earth? Or you think it is every body that believes in the Bible? The grand deception? Lest I forget, the world has been for billions of years.... Scientifically proven!

Will you have the mind to believe what you will see should be taken to a billion years back in time?

Free yourself from mental slavery and accept who you are..... Thats if you want internal peace.
my broda quit deceiving those that want to serve God with a pure heart
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by freecocoa(f): 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
maestroferddi:
Your impulsive responses are understandable.

Nonetheless, in the privacy of your closet, give the issue of turning over your life to Jesus a serious thought.

Jesus cares for you even when you are trying to repudiate/denounce Him.

There is a special role awaiting you in the house of God. The stray sheep will be specially welcome in the sheepfold.

Think about it...
Okay, I will think about it

NOT. tongue
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
End what?
The world is just getting started.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by maestroferddi: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Okay, I will think about it

NOT. tongue
Oh yes I know you will.

Pointless trying to grieve the spirit...
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by freecocoa(f): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
maestroferddi:
Oh yes I know you will.

Pointless trying to grieve the spirit...
Lol, isn't it obvious by now that I'm just trolling? My brother you don't have to worry about me going to hell as I couldn't care less.

You should rather be worried about using your head to reason for yourself, than believe all the fairytales you've been told.
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by Cyrus77(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
Mind ur association,any friend not going where u are heading to,cut off no time.
Take ur christianity from convenient to compulsory all time christian. Have a load of audio xtian messages on ur phone playing with ur ear piece...keeps up the fire.
Continued schedule of prayer,the word and fast at least once a week

My one cent and happy sunday
Re: How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? by maestroferddi: 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Lol, isn't it obvious by now that I'm just trolling? My brother you don't have to worry about me going to hell as I couldn't care less.

You should rather be worried about using your head to reason for yourself, than believe all the fairytales you've been told.
Bottomline being that the point has been made.

Keep things simple or else you risk being a victim of quasi knowledge/wisdom.

D / Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!! / Your Motive For Paying Tithe

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61