Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) (61384 Views)

Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / OOU Produces 43 First Class Graduates, 41 Phd Holders / Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Sheggy13(m): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2016
bigsmoke2:
Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari, 22 how is this possible if he did waec at 16 yrs
shey na 1 year him use do phd
He studied in the UK. B.Sc in the UK is mostly for three(3) years and you can go ahead to a PhD straight without M.Sc if you have a first class in the UK. That's what he most likely went through. So it's very possible. You ask questions if you don't know how the systems outside Nigeria work instead of exposing your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by princesshadeyo(f): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2016
cryGood 4 them,they were with silver spoon,so they dnt knw how soup dey bitter without salt n maggic.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by ogwuche4u(m): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2016
bigsmoke2:
Dr. Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari, 22 how is this possible if he did waec at 16 yrs
I see you bigsmoke. your brain dey there.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by donifez(m): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2016
I love this, I hope to etch my name in the Hall of Fame list someday. Kudos to these intellectual Giants.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 04, 2016
mployer:
People rushing to accumulate knowledge without making effort to APPLY the one they already have.
there many countries willing to absorb such educated people around the world,dont assume if nigeria does have jobs for them the rest does also.stop having the african culture of shunning education,this is the reason africa is behind

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2016
Inspiring youth with focus, had same ambition at 16 already made my waec, jamb and even post ume, delsu frustrated that ambition by not giving me admission.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by gbens2000(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2016
Best post today,so far.congrats to them all.i hope they make good use of all that.

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 04, 2016
bigsmoke2:

According to the report, he did his PHD in three years. 22 minus 3 is 19. He left high school at 16; which means he did his Bachelors for 3 years.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2016
I admire them cos itsn't easy at all....bt what of somtin like "the youngest nigerian billionaire @ 26" jst like mark zuckerberg who became a billionaire in $ even b4 28
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Shymm3x: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Exactly.

Also, in the UK, to apply for most Ph.D courses in sciences, most top Unis require you've a MSc degree in the same Ph.D course, as a prerequisite. And even if you have a MSc degree in a similar field, they will ask you to go do another MSc in the same course. The US is different though. In the US, you can make a leap after ya first degree straight to Ph.D as long as you pass GRE/GMAT.

So the guy's story and age don't really add up since he went to Notts. They're lying about his age.

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by joey150(m): 11:24am On Apr 04, 2016
Ok when i make enough money..I'll set interview for all of them and employ the best fellow .

Am trying to be fair here.....! Creating job oppurtunities
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2016
MadCow1:

I can see UNILAG, I can see BABCOCK..

But I know that UNIBEN will never make this type of list.. grin

The only thread that UNIBEN has competed and won is the thread about [i]Nigerian University with the highest Yahoo Yahoo Students.. grin

guy na only waka come ni.... grin grin grin grin grin grin 2 crates of chilled orgin or small stout, u too bad gannn grin grin cheesy
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by MadCow1: 11:26am On Apr 04, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

guy na only waka come ni.... grin grin grin grin grin grin 2 crates of chilled orgin or small stout, u too bad gannn grin grin cheesy

Correct Guy.. grin
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:26am On Apr 04, 2016
papabaks:
I will never give up, i will definitely have Phd written at the end of my name, no matter how long

i like your sense of determination, please don't relent oo, stick with it, their stories are a motivation to more others
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2016
If Dr Dasuki was born 1987, then he Is 29yr old now.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2016
MadCow1:

Correct Guy.. grin

My nigga i sight you... grin grin grin cheesy
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2016
Sheggy13:

He studied in the UK. B.Sc in the UK is mostly for three(3) years and you can go ahead to a PhD straight without M.Sc if you have a first class in the UK. That's what he most likely went through. So it's very possible. You ask questions if you don't know how the systems outside Nigeria work instead of exposing your ignorance.
before you speak of his ignorance, remember you are ASSUMING.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by bigsmoke2(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2016
Sheggy13:

ignorant lol if only u know who you are talking to. how can u use 6 yrs to get a bsc in engineering plus phd
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Fizzbizzie(m): 11:31am On Apr 04, 2016
And the winner is =Yorubas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by swizzdre(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2016
JohnieWalker:
do they roll around in rolls Royce or jets if NO I don't wanna be lyk dem......na so i shout na street raise me for my mama front na dere she dial me slap until today na corner of road i dey stay since na street raise me
chai! say no to drugs!!
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 04, 2016
nkemdi89:
Inspiring youth with focus, had same ambition at 16 already made my waec, jamb and even post ume, delsu frustrated that ambition by not giving me admission.
, eyaa pele, bt its not too late to make a difference in life, who says you can't be the youngest female billionaire in naija, lol
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 04, 2016
Castroii:
I admire them cos itsn't easy at all....bt what of somtin like "the youngest nigerian billionaire @ 26" jst like mark zuckerberg who became a billionaire in $ even b4 28
Its not easy oh.. But Ph.D is Overrated.

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Misterdhee1(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2016
Ezechinwa:
Financial knowledge vs Scholastic knowledge!!!
Aliko dangote vs Phd holders!!!
Who is employing whom?

Food for thought....
Lesson: while we train our kids to acquire scholastic skills,we should also train them to gain financial knowledge!

No be everybody go rich like dangote.. Are u sure these phd holders arent comfortable either?
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by OlowoB(m): 11:39am On Apr 04, 2016
MadCow1:

Correct Guy.. grin

Why don't you like uniben? Did Uniben refuse you admission when you where young? Was that why you went to Ghana to study?

Cos your beef with Uniben no be today o......

Have a nice day sir
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Lex1(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2016
In Bishop David Oyedepo voice : PhD without creating solutions to our problems as a nation is just waste of time.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by MadCow1: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2016
OlowoB:

Why don't you like uniben? Did Uniben refuse you admission when you where young? Was that why you went to Ghana to study?

Cos your beef with Uniben no be today o......

Have a nice day sir

I never applied to UNIBEN.. Never ever!

My beef with UNIBEN is not personal, its simply just me telling the world the truth about UNIBEN.

Hope you are good though.. Take it easy my Brother.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2016
kudos
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Dainikel(m): 11:56am On Apr 04, 2016
Absolutely Fab! At least they've all carved a niche for themselves on the sands of time!
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Lingx(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2016
PROUDLY omo YORUBA[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by veekbreezy(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2016
BrightEye:
I wonder why most beautiful ladies and hansome guys are dullards... undecided intelligence doesn't mind the physical beauty!

my brava, u no fit carry two things climb ladder na...u feel am braaa?
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by segunpee: 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
eme1n:
On behalf of Nairalanders, we are proud..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated / John Paul Nwaezeigwe Graduates With First Class From A Univesity In Canada. PICS / Picture Of A YABATECH Student Drawing On Water Goes Viral (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.