Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

There Is God And He Answers Prayer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (12015 Views)

Worry Never Changes Anything, Prayer Does. God Answers Prayer. / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / God Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by cloudgoddess(f): 3:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
Serenity008:

One thing u must know is, there is no neutral person in this world.

If they ain't praying to God, they are praying to something else
1. Where is your proof of this assertion? As an atheist I personally stopped praying years ago and my life has only gotten better ever since, despite some setbacks which everyone experiences. When things get bad I might cry for a while, then gather myself and figure out how to help my situation. When my situation improves, I pat myself on the back and thank everyone who helped me in the process (this thanks is always extended to my fellow humans, never deities).

2. If nonreligious people do indeed pray to "something else", and according to you that is the reason for their success, then doesn't that discredit the notion that your God is the only source of answered prayers? Surely if people can pray to anything and get results then Yahweh is not required?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by ifenes(m): 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
Rather than pray to an imaginary friend,go all the way and be of service or donate to the needy,that way you have helped

If you need something badly,praying to an imaginary friend won't solve it. Coincidence doesn't mean answered prayers.

5 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by ifenes(m): 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
Serenity008:
Truth is, God knows our need, he wants us to come to him through prayer.

Prayer is a form of submitting ourselves to him.

When we talk about prayer, it doesn't necessarily means gathering and start shouting.

The Bible said He is able to do, all that we ask and THINK.

Everybody prays.

There is no neutral being in this world.

If you ain't praying to God, u are praying to the devil

But, the answer of God is supreme

So if I don't pray to your god I am definitely praying to the devil? Can you not see the hole in your own argument. No of course you do not because you have been brainwashed not to.

The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely:

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

If you believe in God, you have chosen to reject Allah, Vishnu, Budda, Waheguru and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today. It is quite likely that you rejected these other gods without ever looking into their religions or reading their books. You simply absorbed the dominant faith in your home or in the society you grew up in.

To quote a more intelligent philosopher than you or I, Epicurius says ;

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
Serenity008:

Before I secured admission, I have been seeking for it for like 6 years.
I scored high on my Jamb, prayed, but didn't get admission.

When I finally secured admission, it dawned on me that my admission was delayed due for a reason. Sponsorship.

That's why God moved me to Portharcourt so I can meet with my destiny helper.

God is a master strategies. He sometines delayed our prayers cos he has a better plan.

Is not coincidence, is not wishful thinking
so without delaying you for 6yrs...you won't make it in life...or you won't meet your destiny helper?....n why are you so sure it was god that did all this n not mere coincidence?.. it can happen even without prayer..
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:
waow really? So u dnt go to church? Wait, what makes you think there is no God?
because he refuses to show up....his existence can't be prove..he exist only in your imagination n pages of book
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
Shollyps:
because he refuses to show up....his existence can't be proved..he exist only in your imagination n pages of book
God have mercy.....
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
this people will still try to attribute everything to prayer n their god...even when it is glaring to them that it is a mere coincidence... they will still believe it is the work of their prayer without giving us any evidence to support their claim...n they will want everybody to believe their god exist...smh...they have been programmed to believe that...

one quote says... You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is
not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need
to believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by undercurrent(m): 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:
undecided
I lost faith a long time ago. I told God to prove himself to me, until then.

Juhan u're beautiful.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
some few quotes about prayer....talking to god indeed...lol
Emo Philips When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.....,..

Sam Harris George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and Christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd.

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
undercurrent:

I lost faith a long time ago. I told God to prove himself to me, until then.

Juhan u're beautiful.
tnx buh how did you want God to prove himself to you?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
Serenity008:

One thing u must know is, there is no neutral person in this world.

If they ain't praying to God, they are praying to something else

Another arrogant person who thinks that the correct God just coincidentally happens to be the one his parents told him about. Do you not realize that others have parents too?

3 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:

Read 1st Kings 18 and learn ways to prove that your god is alive in front of atheists and Muslims.

Let me paraphrase:

Elijah gathered idol worshippers and invited them to prove their god was alive. He said to them:

"If your god doesn't light this bull with magic fire, then he is dead and you guys are telling lies."

I can arrange a similar test.

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:
undecided

Keep your god to yourself until he shows you how to convince others that he exists. I hope that I'm not being rude. If I am, please forgive me.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:

1. Where is your proof of this assertion? As an atheist I personally stopped praying years ago and my life has only gotten better ever since, despite some setbacks which everyone experiences. When things get bad I might cry for a while, then gather myself and figure out how to help my situation. When my situation improves, I pat myself on the back and thank everyone who helped me in the process (this thanks is always extended to my fellow humans, never deities).

2. If nonreligious people do indeed pray to "something else", and according to you that is the reason for their success, then doesn't that discredit the notion that your God is the only source of answered prayers? Surely if people can pray to anything and get results then Yahweh is not required?

There is always an imitation to every genuine product

There are many source, but God is the true source

Since, you don't believe in God, I want to believe that you believe in the theory of evolution
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
If you pray to the sky for rain every morning, a day will come when rain will fall. That does not mean the sky is alive and answers prayers.
How about when doctors give your a few days to live and tell you there's nothing they can do about you-
you pray to Sth. and presto - your body begins to improve. Enough to confound the wisdom of the wise?
Chance?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
Weah96:

Keep your god to yourself until he shows you how to convince others that he exists. I hope that I'm not being rude. If I am, please forgive me.
He owes you no further proof. The empty tomb of Jesus is all the proof you'll get to start with.
He is very real to some but to scoffers like you - He may as well never exist.
Waiting for proof? You'll wait till hell freezes over.

Jesus said "He who believes shall be saved, but he who believes not is condemned... "
You believe first , then you see proofs. People who get answers to prayer , first believed!!
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
Serenity008:
I know there are those who don't believed in the existence of the Almighty God. Hilariously, these set of people will tell you
God Bless You

To me, there is God and my Allegiance is to Him and Him alone.
I have experienced him in my little ways.

I came to Portharcourt in 2011 to work as a security man. The man whom I was to work for, said am good to be a security man. I ended up being a domestic boy with the promise of assisting me in school. 2013. He asked me to leave his house. No money, no house, no relative. I called on God. He answered

I got a work in a fast food joint, placed on a salary scale of 14600. Three months later, I got an interview message from a job I applied in 2012 but was denied (Didn't apply again). One of the interviewer asked me to go home without interviewing me. I called on God, another interviewer called me aside and took my details. I got that job earning 55k

When I rented my first house, I slept on the floor with cartoons. Today, I have a well furnished self con that I hardly sleep on with a very big bed

2013, I lost my father, no cash for burial. I called on Him, my boss in the office gave me a huge sum which was used to execute the burial

2014, I secured admission, that same month, I mistakenly wasted some diesel, to everyone amazement, the admin gave me a debit of 168k. Life was tough. Hunger wan finish me. I almost forfeit my admission. I called on God, He sent someone who placed me on his scholarship.

Today, even the devil knows am blessed

Friends, there is God. Depend on Him and you will never be disappointed.
Shalom

Modified : was actually debited 228k.
Is it all one person or many people testified?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by RobinHez(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Shollyps:
no...this ones dey type. am on nairaland Ni...not in their heart....so no be us the bible is talking about
This is actually funny. cheesy

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by simplex2: 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
The OP forgot to tell you guys that he prayed for his father not to die, but God was more interested in blessing him than in saving his father's life.

Oh, how selfish you lot are! Question, why didn't God save your father so he can provide for you? Of course you will say b'cos he's the master strategists!

4 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
simplex2:
The OP forgot to tell you guys that he prayed for his father not to die, but God was more interested in blessing him than in saving his father's life.

Oh, how selfish you lot are! Question, why didn't God save your father so he can provide for you? Of course you will say b'cos he's the master strategists!

God works in mysterious ways.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by simplex2: 8:09pm On Apr 04, 2016
juhan:

He can start by saying hi

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by barnabas91: 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
If you pray to the sky for rain every morning, a day will come when rain will fall. That does not mean the sky is alive and answers prayers.
hmm! Mr Seun Coming back to educate you sir
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by simplex2: 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
lepasharon:

God works in mysterious ways.

Lol...u never wan repent baa? All this night vigil wey I dey do for u, u wan follow me go hell baa?

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
simplex2:

Lol...u never wan repent baa? All this night vigil wey I dey do for u, u wan follow me go hell baa?

Excuse me? The Lord has me. I don't know about you
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by freecocoa(f): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
This doesn't prove that there's a God, let alone one that answers prayers.

Everything you said involved humans helping you, so what is your point exactly?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by freecocoa(f): 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
Seun:
Tell him.

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by simplex2: 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
lepasharon:

Excuse me? The Lord has me. I don't know about you

About me? I've got my one-way ticket to hell, will go with my own fuel and firewood in case the fire there no too hot.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
asalimpo:

He owes you no further proof. The empty tomb of Jesus is all the proof you'll get to start with.
He is very real to some but to scoffers like you - He may as well never exist.
Waiting for proof? You'll wait till hell freezes over.

Jesus said "He who believes shall be saved, but he who believes not is condemned... "
You believe first , then you see proofs. People who get answers to prayer , first believed!!
empty tomb ..lol....as if the story is true in true in the first place... stories which can be found only in some inconsistent book called bible...that's what you want us to believe sey?..believe first?.. easy for you to say...so I should believe God exist in my mind n start praying to him...it will just be like am deceiving myself... believe in irrational stories.. it can't just make sense...
so I think it should be evidence first.. before believe...
wat happens to encounter n the likes or god doesn't show himself again like then?..remember Paul?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
simplex2:

About me? I've got my one-way ticket to hell, will go with my own fuel and firewood in case the fire there no too hot.
don't worry about matches...I got that...lol
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
simplex2:

The issues of the Lord are no fun and games child. Seek His face
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by RobinHez(m): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
"in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth!"

Has there been any other who has been able to make such weighty claim? Even science doesn't know what caused the Big Bang!

There is a God, and it is evident in everything we know! If only we open our minds... lipsrsealed

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by simplex2: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
lepasharon:

The issues of the Lord are no fun and games child. Seek His face

Lol...the face wey him talk say no one can see? And come later talk say Moses been see?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Things You Can Do With The Presence Of God / Bimbo Odukoya: Report On Obadare, A Fabrication – Cac Pastor / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.