Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

There Is God And He Answers Prayer - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (11996 Views)

Worry Never Changes Anything, Prayer Does. God Answers Prayer. / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / God Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
Seun:

There are so many possible reasons. The most likely one in Nigeria is that the doctor diagnosed you incorrectly. Doctors often make mistakes.
yeah, one of the possible reasons of the many could be that - God did it
Also these are professionals who've diagnosed diseases time and time again, the margin of error is very minuscle.
Anyway, an atheist will do anything but admit that there's a God.

two. If a person does A - and B happens, while B may be luck or coincidence, it could also be as a direct result of A. So on a mathematical scale, the chance of B happening is 50% , again proving that,
there's God!
So even logically, arguments to coerce all occurence of B, to blind chance falls short.

Another case is not all B occurs without A.
e.g
a woman has been told by many doctors that she can have a baby.
She prays(A) then concieves(B).
while B may be chucked up to luck,
the chances of B occuring is almost nil- how many women who have been told by qualified doctors of
being incapable of getting pregnant, have gotten pregnant who accepted their fate and did nothing about it? almost nil.
Proving that A (prayer) does change things . (B - make barren women bear children).
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by analice107: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
ireneony:
have you ever heard of this slogan "we treat but God heal"
Why not allow the doctors to their job. In this life everyone have his/her purpose on earth.
GOD gave scientists the knowledge to solve problems.
I'm a christian, yes! But I'm not religious. I was given a brain to think/reason, that's why I can't believe everything shove down my throat.

I believe in healing but I don't just believe in miracle.

I love God! I love Jesus! but I don't like the way most Christians in africa behaves.

I remembered when I was in school, I fellowship with a particular student chapel. You need to come and see the way things were been run.
The student pastor telling his members to always kneel n greet him. They are so many things I can't say.

My brother, while you wait for manner to fall from heaven, while not work towards achieving your own manner.
We choose our paths dear, we choose our paths.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by analice107: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
lepasharon:

How do you know you had Appendicitis without a proper diagnosis? undecided

This is the first time am responding to you since I joined this forum and it could be the last.
Did you read the part I said my Aunt a nurse, not a junior nurse, but a Matron with a University Teaching Hospital checked me up? My home is an extention of a clinic.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
analice107:

This is the first time am responding to you since I joined this forum and it could be the last.
Did you read the part I said my Aunt a nurse, not a junior nurse, but a Matron with a University Teaching Hospital checked me up? My home is an extention of a clinic.

So what? Is a nurse the same as a doctor. Even if it was a doctor, a physical exam is not enough to conclude you have Appendicitis.

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
asalimpo:

Then why does the bible still enjoin us to pray?

The Bible says alot of shittt grin. It get called out by its own logic

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
lepasharon:

The Bible says alot of shittt grin. It get called out by its own logic
so praying is one of the 'shitt' the bible says?!
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
asalimpo:

The torah is the OT, It's intact in the bible.
There's no adulteration of the OT in the bible.
The issue is that the jews dont believe that Jesus was the Mesaiah!
That's the divide. They're still expecting their messaiah.

Christianity is the real deal - that's why, they're so many counterfiets around it.
That's y it attracts so many atheists, trying to shut it down. But you all will be kicking
against an unbreakable stone-the rock.

You said Islam is a false religion and I'm telling you Jews will feel the same way about ur religion Christianity. They see you as a blasphemous pagan. How can you say God had a son? Torture to their ears

They didn't accept Jesus. If a jew rejects Jesus why should you an African accept Jesus. Do you know more than they? And he came from their lineage. Do you know their history more than them?

Oh hold your horses. atheist attack Christianity alot b'cos you guys are the noise makers always in ppls faces. So don't flatter urself lovey

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
simplex2:
@analice107, your testimony is glorious! Allellujah!

Now, December 2011, boko haram attacked St Theresa's catholic church, 57 people died and so many injured. Now while Jesus was busy removing your appendicitis, over 57 people that went to seek his face, praise and worship him and his father were brutally murdered. Of course it wouldn't border u one bit, because you were not a victim, neither were any of those your mum called to pray for you. Your life is more 'heavenly' than those 57 other christians.

6th January 2012, Deeper life church Gombe was attacked when they were keeping vigil, praying to God. While Jesus was at the theatre shining with glory and practising medicine and surgery, 8 of his other children were murdered in cold blood, a lot of others sustaining life-threatening injuries. But then, your own appendix was more life-threatening than the others that were murdered.

Meanwhile, in the 2 cases I quoted above, what it would have taken doctor Jesus to prevent the attack was less than what it took him to cut open your stomach.

I love this... nobody can counter this... never..lol......wen he couldn't save his beloved inside his own backyard/home...n allow hundreds of people to die a horrible death...I wonder weather their lives is not important to him or they av nothing to do again on earth.....another escape route for Christian is....he is god ,he do wat pleases him,he works in mysterious ways,, ......you mean to say he was pleased with the death of 100 people inside the Church... that's crazy......

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
asalimpo:

so praying is one of the 'shitt' the bible says?!

Yh it serves no purpose

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by orunto27: 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
Praise God!!!! Prayer is the Key to knowing and seeing God.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by analice107: 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
simplex2:
@analice107, your testimony is glorious! Allellujah!

Now, December 2011, boko haram attacked St Theresa's catholic church, 57 people died and so many injured. Now while Jesus was busy removing your appendicitis, over 57 people that went to seek his face, praise and worship him and his father were brutally murdered. Of course it wouldn't border u one bit, because you were not a victim, neither were any of those your mum called to pray for you. Your life is more 'heavenly' than those 57 other christians.

6th January 2012, Deeper life church Gombe was attacked when they were keeping vigil, praying to God. While Jesus was at the theatre shining with glory and practising medicine and surgery, 8 of his other children were murdered in cold blood, a lot of others sustaining life-threatening injuries. But then, your own appendix was more life-threatening than the others that were murdered.

Meanwhile, in the 2 cases I quoted above, what it would have taken doctor Jesus to prevent the attack was less than what it took him to cut open your stomach.

I would have answered you but for your scorn.
You revile Christ and yet you want him to explain his actions.
Maybe you shd ask him why he saved Mary Magdalen, (a sinner) from being stoned, but allowed all His Apostles to die in such gruesome manner.

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by analice107: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
spacyzuma:

*Edited*
Apologies on my earlier post.
My brother, it's well. God doesn't explain Himself. He does what he wants, He is God.

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by spacyzuma(m): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
lepasharon:

Nl is OK for now
Cool. smiley
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
asalimpo:

You mean, you keep dreaming. Except you could counter your stand with cogent arguments from the koran and the bible side by side.

You've gone too far down the rabbit hole. Even Alice cannot save you.
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Weah96: 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
asalimpo:

The dumbness of some of your arguments often leaves the responder baffled.
If you dont have anything valid to say - hold your peace, in bible speak (or shut up (in today's parlance)).
Research your responses bf u reply. If you want to know how to argue, watch some youtube videos.
Don't pull something as half baked and unformed as this.

Have you seen the resurrected dead Jew yourself, or did he enter the sky immediately after the Jewish authors saw him?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by analice107: 6:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Shollyps:
I love this... nobody can counter this... never..lol......wen he couldn't save his beloved inside his own backyard/home...n allow hundreds of people to die a horrible death...I wonder weather their lives is not important to him or they av nothing to do again on earth.....another escape route for Christian is....he is god ,he do wat pleases him,he works in mysterious ways,, ......you mean to say he was pleased with the death of 100 people inside the Church... that's crazy......

Very funny children running around talking ignorantly. That's persecution, and Christianity dies without persecution. Persecution keeps Christianity alive. If you don't know that know it now.
Those Saints, (that's if they were believers), because going to church is not the same thing as being a believer. If they were believers, they have passed into eternity with their master.

They are the ones Revelation 6:9-11 is talking about.
9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain(killed) FOR THE WORD OF GOD. and for the TESTIMONY WHICH THEY HELD.
10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, HOW LONG OH LORD, holy and true, dost thou not JUDGE AND AVENGE OUR BLOOD ON THE THAT DWELL ON EARTH?
11. And white robes were given to them and it was said unto them, THAT THEY SHOULD REST YET FOR A LITTLE WHILE, UNTIL THEIR FELLOW BRETHREN ALSO THAT SHOULD BE KILLED AS THEY WERE FULFILLED.

you ignorantly thought you have scored a point against Christ and his followers. Sorry.

Read that passage very well.
Why are Christians killed throughout the history of christianity? Jesus warned his followers, a time will come that who ever kills you will think he is doing God a service. Is it happening?
Why are Christians killed. because of the WORD OF GOD and the Testimony that indeed Jesus is Lord.

Open your ears and hear, many more Christians will be killed. Did you read that passage? The saints were told to hold on a bit, until their fellow brothers and sister still on earth are killed like them.
Do you know why these things sound so absurd to you guys? You have no hope of eternity. Death scares you to bits.
Apostle Paul speaking to Christians says, if our hope in Christ as christian is here on earth alone, then we are of all men most miserable.

But we have hope. When we get killed, we just pass on to eternity with our master.
Apostle says, To be alive is to be absent from Christ, To be dead is to be present with Christ.

When these children of perdition run around killing Christians, they beat their chest and commend themselves. You go and get bitter and depress because God allows it happen.
If these things do not happen, then the word of God is fake. But because the word is alive, everything it says, will come to pass.
Get angry, I won't change. Revile, it won't change, mock, it won't change, scorn, it change.
He didn't consult you when he created the earth and his people, He won't consult you on how, He wants His earth to be ran.

2 Likes

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
Weah96:

Have you seen the resurrected dead Jew yourself, or did he enter the sky immediately after the Jewish authors saw him?
What will seeing do for you ? make you believe more?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
lepasharon:

Yh it serves no purpose
dyu think b4 u talk (or post)?
or your lekpa dey shak ur brain?

read the story of Peter when he was in jail - what saved him?
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
-
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
asalimpo:

dyu think b4 u talk (or post)?
or your lekpa dey shak ur brain?

read the story of Peter when he was in jail - what saved him?

Don't dash bible stories at me. It is meaningless the same way the Koran is meaningless to you
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
lepasharon:

Don't dash bible stories at me. It is meaningless the same way the Koran is meaningless to you
meaningless to you? but if you want to bash the bible , let your logic be str8t not crooked.
The bible is a book of wonders in answer to prayer,saying prayer is c.rap based on the bible is really
illogica. too many bible stories prove otherwise.
You wanna go by real life events, testimonies about. too many.
Eitherway, your spite is based on personal opinion only
Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by lepasharon(f): 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
asalimpo:

meaningless to you? but if you want to bash the bible , let your logic be str8t not crooked.
The bible is a book of wonders in answer to prayer,saying prayer is c.rap based on the bible is really
illogica. too many bible stories prove otherwise.
You wanna go by real life events, testimonies about. too many.
Eitherway, your spite is based on personal opinion only

And I believe in Santa clause..how do all those kids get their presents?

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by Shollyps(m): 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
analice107:

Very funny children running around talking ignorantly. That's persecution, and Christianity dies without persecution. Persecution keeps Christianity alive. If you don't know that know it now.
Those Saints, (that's if they were believers), because going to church is not the same thing as being a believer. If they were believers, they have passed into eternity with their master.

They are the ones Revelation 6:9-11 is talking about.
9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain(killed) FOR THE WORD OF GOD. and for the TESTIMONY WHICH THEY HELD.
10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, HOW LONG OH LORD, holy and true, dost thou not JUDGE AND AVENGE OUR BLOOD ON THE THAT DWELL ON EARTH?
11. And white robes were given to them and it was said unto them, THAT THEY SHOULD REST YET FOR A LITTLE WHILE, UNTIL THEIR FELLOW BRETHREN ALSO THAT SHOULD BE KILLED AS THEY WERE FULFILLED.

you ignorantly thought you have scored a point against Christ and his followers. Sorry.

Read that passage very well.
Why are Christians killed throughout the history of christianity? Jesus warned his followers, a time will come that who ever kills you will think he is doing God a service. Is it happening?
Why are Christians killed. because of the WORD OF GOD and the Testimony that indeed Jesus is Lord.

Open your ears and hear, many more Christians will be killed. Did you read that passage? The saints were told to hold on a bit, until their fellow brothers and sister still on earth are killed like them.
Do you know why these things sound so absurd to you guys? You have no hope of eternity. Death scares you to bits.
Apostle Paul speaking to Christians says, if our hope in Christ as christian is here on earth alone, then we are of all men most miserable.

But we have hope. When we get killed, we just pass on to eternity with our master.
Apostle says, To be alive is to be absent from Christ, To be dead is to be present with Christ.

When these children of perdition run around killing Christians, they beat their chest and commend themselves. You go and get bitter and depress because God allows it happen.
If these things do not happen, then the word of God is fake. But because the word is alive, everything it says, will come to pass.
Get angry, I won't change. Revile, it won't change, mock, it won't change, scorn, it change.
He didn't consult you when he created the earth and his people, He won't consult you on how, He wants His earth to be ran.

thanks....old woman....waooo!!that's another escaped route... after life...I dont care about persecution n the likes...wat we are discussing is about prayer ...does prayer works. ?.those people prayed to god for safety that very morning... they were inside the church praying n praising god...yet he left them to die...so you mean it is better for a young boy of 20 to die like that because he will be in heaven...he has no purpose on earth?...the question is.. why did god turn a deaf ear to there prayer? so that the prophecy of the bible can be fulfilled right??that means prayer can't change anything... wat will happen will happen anyway...your last statement... I thought Satan is in charge of the world now... n he is the ruler of the world...na god dey run am now?

1 Like

Re: There Is God And He Answers Prayer by asalimpo(m): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
lepasharon:

And I believe in Santa clause..how do all those kids get their presents?
The bible makes claims you should take seriously .
So do other religions. The Bible has also proved itself to be inhumanly inspired scientifically , so for
the sceptic that's one line of persuasion right there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell / A Christian Open Love Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.