Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,549 members, 7,850,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences - Education (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences (246359 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by hotboss: 5:47am On Sep 09, 2016
na2016:
@Dneroomero and others

I strongly kick against writing any letter or any protest. Guys, NDDC is not under any obligation to grant us scholarship. Besides, we are only "prospective" scholars. They can even cancel the entire process with just a simply excuse that the commission doesn't have money.

Please, let's be very careful about the things we write on this platform. People from the commission maybe watching. Patience is a virtue. Let's all imbibe patience as we wait on the commission to conclude the process. A visit to the commission by two prospective scholars living in PH wouldn't be a bad idea but NOT writing letter or posting anything anyway.

Patience is the key word.. I hope you all are aware that The list came out around october in a certain year. And those scholars didn't reject the offer because it was too late... Things hav not even fall out of normal yet.
Let's just calm down the way we hv been calm... If by mid october still nothing yet, then we can say something is wrong. Thank you all for your conributions.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Jayroland: 6:54am On Sep 09, 2016
It's not about patience and all that. For the fact that some other scholars got theirs in October some time ago does not make it right and shouldn't be the case always. If they know they take so much time, why don't they start the process earlier like PTDF and others?

We might be quiet, and wait then the eventual winners of the scholarship resumes school in December. It still falls within Normal I guess?

Maybe you don't know that this is part of their obligations/responsibilities and they should do it right. Don't have the idea that they are doing you are favour because they are not; it's part of the core values of the commission.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Jayroland: 7:10am On Sep 09, 2016
na2016:
@Dneroomero and others

I strongly kick against writing any letter or any protest. Guys, NDDC is not under any obligation to grant us scholarship. Besides, we are only "prospective" scholars. They can even cancel the entire process with just a simply excuse that the commission doesn't have money.

Please, let's be very careful about the things we write on this platform. People from the commission maybe watching. Patience is a virtue. Let's all imbibe patience as we wait on the commission to conclude the process. A visit to the commission by two prospective scholars living in PH wouldn't be a bad idea but NOT writing letter or posting thing anywhere.

My dear, have you seen the letter? Why are u scared of the unknown? And if NDDC is dissolved today nko? Should we all then die Don't be deceived by our interpretation of the word 'patience'. "The patient dog eats the fattest bone, yes, but only after the impatient ones have eaten all the flesh".

Maybe you've put all your eggs inside one (NDDC) basket, and u want to be as careful as can be, I understand, but it's not the best.

I suggest we see the contents of the letter. Then we decide whether or 'whethern't' to proceed wink .
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Oilperson(m): 7:33am On Sep 09, 2016
I greet everyone that has been trying one way or the other to bring information and ideas at this point in time, I must say after reading this post it was really funny to me. My friend you must understand this is not the first time the Nddc is giving out scholarships, people have been in your shoes before and no form of protest were carried out. If the Nddc desides to bring the list December there is nothing anyone can do about it, from the inspection of the scheme scholars with September admissions don't make it that year unless they can pay for it themselves. Besides no one going to the UK now for 2016 with the assurance of using an Nddc letter for Visa can actually make it because its already late. Most school starts second week of September or first week of October and takes like 3 weeks to get it, timing of application is very key in almost every embassy. If you have a January start perfect, otherwise save yourself the stress and plan for next September. Beneficiaries of the scheme can actually use the scholarship anytime(16/17, 17/18) or more it's still valid. I pray God gives Us the grace to be patient because it usually doesn't exceed September/October cheers.

Qquote author=Dneroomero post=49176241]Good morning respected people… I greet you all!!!

I HAVE A PLAN AND I WOULD WANT YOUR ADVICE……..

While we wait for next week to come which to me is a bit risky. Let’s do it now, this week against next week so that before next week we should start getting results.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT…..

I want us to push the hand of the commission, NDDC, to bring out the list next week…!!!! HOW?

THIS IS HOW:

I have a letter I have written stating why the delay in releasing the list, what is happening at the commission level,
schools in the UK have resumed but NDDC prospective scholars are still in Nigeria nothing yet.

SO FOR THAT, THIS IS MY TAKE:

1. Everybody should create a TWITTER handle account. Use the account and share the letter with;
• Asari Dokubo
• Linda Ikeji
• NDDC MD-Designate Nsima Udo Ekere
• Punch, Vanguard, This Day twitter handles…
• NDDC Acting-MD, Ibim Semenitari

2. Everybody with a FACEBOOK ACCOUNT Should do this:
• Post on Asari Dokubo Facebook Page
• Post on NDDC Facebook Page
• Post on Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Min. Of Transportation)
• Acting – MD NDDC, Ibim Semenitari Facebook Page.
• Share with the following media houses on their Facebook Page (Today fm 95.1, Rhythm, Nigeria-Info, Wazobia fm).
• Share with every other media houses you feel should see our message
• Share with anybody you know is big to hear us

3. Share this letter until opposition will see it, Critics will see it, Activist will see it, Humanitarian Bodies will see it, Concern NDDC Stake-
Holders will see it… Don’t Stop until we get an ANSWER, Don’t Stop Until They Hear us… DON’T STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To this end I have said too much, it is time to put all to ACTION…

NOTE:
Please before you do all these take note of the following…..

1. Create a new Facebook Account, Twitter Account for this purpose
2. No pictures
3. No Phone Numbers
4. Avoid being traced
5. Remain Anonymous…..

After these exercise I assure you, you will feel better for yourself….

THE QUESTION IS;
ARE WE READY?

I know 100+ persons are seeing this post. Please when you get this letter do as we have discussed.

But before the letter is passed on to this forum, I want to hear from the HOUSE.
ARE WE OK WITH THE IDEA?

I need Contributions and advice……

Again, Peace be unto you all……….
[/quote]
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Oilperson(m): 7:40am On Sep 09, 2016
@Dneroomero and others

I greet everyone that has been trying one way or the other to bring information and ideas at this point in time, I must say after reading this post it was really funny to me. My friend you must understand this is not the first time the Nddc is giving out scholarships, people have been in your shoes before and no form of protest were carried out. If the Nddc desides to bring the list December there is nothing anyone can do about it, from the inspection of the scheme scholars with September admissions don't make it that year unless they can pay for it themselves. Besides no one going to the UK now for 2016 with the assurance of using an Nddc letter for Visa can actually make it because its already late. Most school starts second week of September or first week of October and takes like 3 weeks to get it, timing of application is very key in almost every embassy. If you have a January start perfect, otherwise save yourself the stress and plan for next September. Beneficiaries of the scheme can actually use the scholarship anytime(16/17, 17/18) or more it's still valid. I pray God gives Us the grace to be patient because it usually doesn't exceed September/October cheers.

4 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by VicWonder: 9:16am On Sep 09, 2016
I still don't think it's a good idea to write to nddc of even visit them as a group. It looks like the few people going to visit are trying to gain some sympathy and have their names on the list.

Be patient for heavens sake! And please if you still stubborn enough to go then speak for yourself(ves) only as you can see the house is divided on the issue.

NDDC can very simply say they can't afford the scheme this year and none of you will be able to cough. If you're that eager for a September start then you must've had a plan B, otherwise please wait till next year.

I think it's better to handle this issue on our knees and God will provide the answers we need in Peace and confidence.

4 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2016
Jayroland:

My dear, have you seen the letter? Why are u scared of the unknown? And if NDDC is dissolved today nko? Should we all then die Don't be deceived by our interpretation of the word 'patience'. "The patient dog eats the fattest bone, yes, but only after the impatient ones have eaten all the flesh".

Maybe you've put all your eggs inside one (NDDC) basket, and u want to be as careful as can be, I understand, but it's not the best.

I suggest we see the contents of the letter. Then we decide whether or 'whethern't' to proceed wink .

@Jayroland
All I see in your comment is " entitlement mentality ". You didn't write the commission before they advertised for the scheme and your letter willnot make the final list to come out.

Haven't you heard that our economy is in Recession? Don't you know that that is enough excuse to cancel the scheme? Dont you know that in a certian year, PTDF suspended an already advertised scheme? Dont make such comments on something that as I type you aren't even sure of getting. Bro, u have other baskets, please use them and stop displaying entitlement tendencies here. grin

6 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
... the way I check text messages this days sha... Its better not to put all hopes on nddc o, the list could b published and still get cancelled, if you think that's not possible ask pressid ppl,.... Just do your thing and don't let anxiety injure you...BTW, Nelzone, wia u at

3 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Dneroomero: 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2016
M

3 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by destiboy: 12:28am On Sep 10, 2016
jiksman3:

DTS great!..plzz sir...can we talk more on WhatsApp? I need more steps to avoid mistakes
PlZ sir....my number is 07036629148
Am also interested in getting to knw more about d scholarship scheme.here is my no tanks 08063498538
Let's talk on wasap
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by destiboy: 12:44am On Sep 10, 2016
tempest01:

Apply to uk university...admission is pretty fast.

I got mine in two days
Which university and course,and did u include an internationally recognised exam like GRE or IELTDS to enhance ur admission
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by tempest01(m): 7:56am On Sep 10, 2016
destiboy:

Which university and course,and did u include an internationally recognised exam like GRE or IELTDS to enhance ur admission

No international english exam. Robert Gordon University, Oil and gas engineering.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
I read all the comments and I want to suggest as follow... Anyone staying in Port Harcourt should please visit NDDC headquarters on Wednesday after the Salah. He or she should see the director of education of the commission and inquire when the expected list will be coming out. Any volunteer ??
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mehn Bukky I d3y oooo. Tired bro. I want to even know how they contact people from past scholars. Cos nowadays anything dey make my mind cut, text msg, call from unknown number, email... Even whatsapp message self. As if nddc will contact thru whatsapp. Bukky we must get this thing oooo. If not I nor go grin o
geobukky:
... the way I check text messages this days sha... Its better not to put all hopes on nddc o, the list could b published and still get cancelled, if you think that's not possible ask pressid ppl,.... Just do your thing and don't let anxiety injure you...BTW, Nelzone, wia u at

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Priceless200(f): 10:52am On Sep 11, 2016
Nawa ooo.... Just one good thing for the South, yet.. We can't be prudent and manage it well, yet everyday we cry marginalization... It's alright... I suggest we keep waiting cause anyhow it's only a privilege, if they cancel it we can't arrest or take them to court..... Happy Sunday, Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by ama32: 7:37am On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=Dneroomero post=49218299]My Good people…I Greet you all with the Fear of God….

My Observation:

In this life if you are not able to fight for anything and if you see others who have the ability to talk for themselves and others; please don’t discourage them, don’t bad-mouth on them. For if you show any of these treats you endanger the courage of these few who have the ability to fight and talk… if you would not be in support kindly stay in the background and watch how things unfolds. There fight will not hurt you, there fight would only wake some persons up, and there fight is for PEACE!

For me, I see it as the commission is about to forget us, the commission is busy carrying out constructions, building roads, giving individuals and groups empowerments. And they forget some persons are waiting…

SCHEME CANCELLATION:
Government will not do it.. This scheme is a special scheme oOOhh...is not some sort of PRESSID, PTDF thing.. This is NIGER-DELTA!
So, far from it..Government is not gonna cancel anything...

FEAR!
I said earlier you don’t show your opponents your fears. The moment you do they capitalize on it….

NOTE:

NDDC is not looking to train youths that cannot take responsibilities.
NDDC is not looking to train “SISSIES”
NDDC is not looking for any of that…..

NDDC is looking for people that could handle mantle of leadership
NDDC is looking for people that could take responsibilities
NDDC is looking for people that could represent Nigeria in the international arena
NDDC is looking for a BOLD-FACE; a face without fear, a face that could tell them “WHAT” when they tend to derail.
As a “to be scholar of NDDC” much is expected of you, take heed!

Haven’t you asked yourself this question; why has our leaders refused to give way for the youths in this part of the world? The answer to the question is this;
Our youths shy away from responsibilities
Our youths fears fear (Lol)
Our Youths fears to handle leadership role
Our youths are afraid of blames…
For these little reasons our youths cannot be welcome into the arena to lead, cannot be in the league of leaders, we can only give them space to follow…(LOL)

My fight is a constructive one. I don’t abuse the government because she has done a lot for her people. The government is trying. A lot is on the government, they have so many things to deal with, and one of such things is empowering the people in the form of giving scholarships, aids, name it…. But in this context the government maybe has forgotten that there are set of prospective scholars they asked to wait. These people are still waiting. To me this is a reminder to the government and not a protest, not a way to ridicule her, not a way to bring down any person or whosoever.

I am not exaggerating, I am speaking the fact! I don’t talk not until I feel something is getting wrong somewhere. I talk because I have had experience with the government, I have had transactions with them, I know how they reason, I know if you don’t call to their attention they don’t hear you, I know they could forget things so quickly and I know how to move along with them….(Smiles).

Before I asked of your contributions I know not everyone would see things my own way, some would kick-against, some would look-pass, some would appraise. And so in my own way I don’t judge you I try to explain to you why we need to write a “chapter two” of the scheme.

NDDC 2014/2015 batch waited for October 2nd week, 2014 before they acted and two weeks later they were called (That was kinda long).
NDDC 2016/2017 batch do you want to wait till October 2nd week, 2016 before you talk?
Why don’t we just start small-small, on a low-key until they hear us..

Again, who told you there is recession in Nigeria? If there is, so? We should not move forward again because there is recession? Gosh! Are they the government not moving forward? Why is the recession per say affecting only the “not-well-to-do” ones?

Be that as it may it is not something we gonna quarrel over. You have your reasons but try and see things openly…
I will be in the background and by the Grace of God my effects is gaining results. Maybe, By the Special Grace of God next week could be a reality-week…Who knows?

But, a COURIER MESSAGE from DHL to the commission would not be any bad idea…
If you accept with me on this then I will drop the letter so that others would check for errors, re-edit it and get a filtered copy for the commission….

#I just wanna make a common sense…………

Having said thus; I greet you with PEACE and LOVE of GOD
PEACE..!

are you afraid to show us the letter? let's see it first and know it's content so we'll know if you should go ahead or not 'cos right now ,everyone already has a mindset of what that letter may contain and we may just be wrong
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Dneroomero: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2016
cool
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Dneroomero: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2016
Y

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by VicWonder: 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
efeturi3:
I read all the comments and I want to suggest as follow... Anyone staying in Port Harcourt should please visit NDDC headquarters on Wednesday after the Salah. He or she should see the director of education of the commission and inquire when the expected list will be coming out. Any volunteer ??

I think this is a better approach. Just go and visit and inquire verbally even though I know you're not likely to get a definite answer but at least it will remind the commission that we are waiting. Please if you do go, be as polite and patient as possible. Let me re-iterate, the commission has every right to suspend the programme in the wake of the current economic hardship and none of us would be able to raise an eyebrow to that. The scholarship is a privilege not a right so let's soft-pedal on our approach please.

As for "Dneroomero" who still insists on writing a letter, good luck! and please let someone edit the letter first 'cause I can see that you're not very sound with your tenses (perhaps they are typo' errors). Please don't take it personal but I feel it would be embarrassing for the commission to read a letter full of grammatical errors from a prospective scholar.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Dneroomero: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
VicWonder:

I think this is a better approach. Just go and visit and inquire verbally even though I know you're not likely to get a definite answer but at least it will remind the commission that we are waiting. Please if you do go, be as polite and patient as possible. Let me re-iterate, the commission has every right to suspend the programme in the wake of the current economic hardship and none of us would be able to raise an eyebrow to that. The scholarship is a privilege not a right so let's soft-pedal on our approach please.

As for "Dneroomero" who still insists on writing a letter, good luck! and please let someone edit the letter first 'cause I can see that you're not very sound with your tenses (perhaps they are typo' errors). Please don't take it personal but I feel it would be embarrassing for the commission to read a letter full of grammatical errors from a prospective scholar.

*Smiles*.....

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
I concur with the idea of those in PH paying a friendly visit. And like vic wonder said, the key would be politeness.. As in the highest height of it... Any Statement that sound controversial or protest-like shouldn't come outta ur mouth. Matter of fact all the person or people need to do it nod after stating ur reason for coming. If I were you, if the commission says sometin for instance like, we have alot on our plate and we may not go on with the scholarship. I will give a big smile and say sometin funny like "that would be painful ooo. But I think I do understand why"... Don't get too official, being too official makes people put up a guard, which you wont want wen dealing with someone who owes you nothing... For the letter Idea. Dneroomero already sounds lik3 someone who will do it with or without approval , I know the sound of people who almost already wanna go ahead with their plan. And I can't say I blame him, cos we all feel the pain or wat ever in our different ways. Well. I'll just say paste the letter here. So people review it like you said... My only advice is just don't make it sound in anyway like its a letter that a group of people decided to send even if u make it anonymous. Group of people is equal to protest. Thats why even the visit to their office idea, I wld even advice for it to be just a person. Buh if not not more than 3, and the 3 should go like friends who know each other before. Whether or not they really do. As in the idea should be just 2 or 3 friends who did well in the test and interview and are optimistic, so just wanna be updated. Thats all...... #my own opinion ooo.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by nextdoor84(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
Nobody is sure as to what criteria they will use when releasing these names sef..will they be using both the interview and the test scores all together??..need some clarifications!! Shalom.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 7:40am On Sep 13, 2016
nextdoor84:
Nobody is sure as to what criteria they will use when releasing these names sef..will they be using both the interview and the test scores all together??..need some clarifications!! Shalom.

Test score is 40% and interview score is 60%.

4 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by ama32: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
na2016:

that's nice but please how do you know?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by diggy4real: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
na2016:

I don't think so....I witnessed someone complaining about his test score of being higher than what was recorded against his name on the interview sheet.
One of those ladies doing accreditation asked him not to worry about....meaning maybe test scores were no longer relevant....my 2cent shall.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by diggy4real: 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
na2016:

I don't think so....I witnessed someone complaining about his test score of being higher than what was recorded against his name on the interview sheet.
One of those ladies doing accreditation asked him not to worry about that..meaning maybe test scores were no longer relevant....my 2cent shall.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by toprealman: 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
diggy4real:

One of those ladies doing accreditation asked him not to worry about....meaning maybe test scores were no longer relevant....my 2cent shall.
When you are good at your job, diplomacy is one thing you can use to make life easy. She was being patronising bro..... trust me.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
Admission deferred to next academic session.
Life goes on...

Surviving the economic recession at this time is MAJOR KEY!!!
#SoHelpMeGod
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
diggy4real:

Yes test scores were higher than what is on the accreditation list. This is because your test scores was converted to 40% and the interview will be 60%. It means that if you score 50/50 in the test, that automatically become 40%. Multiply ur test score with a factor of 0.8 and that will amount to Ur 40%.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by na2016: 5:01am On Sep 14, 2016
efeturi3:

Yes test scores were higher than what is on the accreditation list. This is because your test scores was converted to 40% and the interview will be 60%. It means that if you score 50/50 in the test, that automatically become 40%. Multiply ur test score with a factor of 0.8 and that will amount to Ur 40%.

Spot-on!
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 14, 2016
I greet the house. Today is Wednesday. Our volunteers in Port Harcourt should go to NDDC today and report back to the house the outcome of their meeting with the board 's director of education. Oya make una dey go nw. Lol. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
Seconded
efeturi3:

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (85) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.