Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

Who Is The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Holy Spirit? (612 Views)

The Fornication Of The Holy Spirit / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Holy Spirit? by kengreatleads(m): 11:56am On Apr 04, 2016
Simply put, the Holy Spirit is God's representative on earth. In a nutshell, the Holy Spirit is God on earth. You see, when Jesus was on earth, He knew He wasn't going to be here on earth for long. He knew He'd die for our redemption. So He promised to send us the Holy Spirit, to lead, guide and counsel us on the path of righteousness. When Jesus eventually left the earth, He kept His promise. He sent us the Holy Spirit!
God the Father is not here, the Son not here too but the Holy Spirit is here with us. The moment you accept Christ as your Lord and saviour, the Holy Spirit comes inside of you. Now to keep the Holy Spirit inside you, you need to keep making Him happy by obeying His instructions via the word of God. When you obey the Holy Spirit, you make Jesus happy and you make God the Father happy.

“If ye are willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land”

On the other hand, the more you disobey the Holy Spirit, the more you push Him out of your life, the more you push Him out of your life. And the more you make the Holy Spirit unhappy, the more you make Jesus unhappy and the more you make The Father unhappy. When someone says “develop a personal relationship with God”, what it actually means is: develop a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit. You cannot develop a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit if you are unwilling to obey Him. The Holy Spirit wants to be your friend if you are you are willing to be His friend by obeying the instructions He gives to your conscience through the word of God.

The place of the Holy Spirit in the life of a Christian cannot be overemphasised. The Holy Spirit activates your Christianity, brings it to life, makes the whole difference. A Christian without the Holy Spirit is like a football to the devil. You don’t want the devil playing you around, do you? Your guess is as good as mine.

God help us all…Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
If one does not have the holy spirit he is not of God roman 8 vs 9.the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of The Father and of Christ
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by Shollyps(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
yea...but you forget to add....

"holy spirit exist only in your head"
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by tuns10: 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
@kengreat, God bless you for that wonderful write up. Indeed the Holy Spirit is God with us on earth

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by kengreatleads(m): 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
tuns10:
@kengreat, God bless you for that wonderful write up. Indeed the Holy Spirit is God with us on earth
Amen...Thanks
Re: Who Is The Holy Spirit? by johnw74: 5:28am On Apr 05, 2016
God is Holy:
Psa_99:9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

God is a Spirit:
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

= The Holy Spirit is God

God, is God and the Word:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Holy Spirit, is God and the Word:
Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and [size=14pt]we[/size] will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of This Day Is The Sabbath Day / My Funny Experience Of End Time Pastor / Paul,thebible,pastors. The Greatest Problem Of Jesus Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.