Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? (2518 Views)

'jesus' Was As Black As Wesley Snipes, So Were The Jews / Jesus (pbuh) Only Sent To The Jews And Not To Nigerians-leave Him Alone! / Could This Be True? Jews As Slaves In Eygpt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by jamiru(m): 3:24am On Jul 30, 2009
hello all, after going through some thread i came across a thread where it was stated that The jews were never slaves in eygpt. well according to the findings so far. but i beg to disagree (based on my hunches) which made me to start a search on net on some possible reason why.

well lets start from here

Could it be that there is no known records of egyptian origin which buttresses the biblical account becasue

1. Due to war, some records were destroyed, carted away and kept somewhere and lay hiden away? (on yahoo recently i read how a ships grave yard was discovered at the bottom of the sea containing ancient artifacts. Also i read in a website whereby eygpt was attacked by rome and posibly there was destruction of records)

2. Due to maybe pride/pestige the egyptians have refused to document what occured to them as a nation?

3. Could egyptologist have not acccurately interpreted the signs of Hieroglyphics and thus have not given us the story from this signs?

well this are hypothesis that we can work on to unravel.
Re: Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 30, 2009
Most of the ancient egyptian records were destroyed by the Jihadhist when they invaded egypt around the 7th century AD and imposed their despotic religion on them. In the process of establishing their religion they burnt all ancient egyptian records, writings, temples and the greatest library of the ancient time "the library of Alexandria" in a bid to erase egyptian history and religion and force them to embrace their own. By so doing they did the whole world a lot of disservice cause today a lot of ancient secrets have been lost which would have been available in the library for our knowledge today given the fact that Egypt was the first great civilization. A glaring example is that even till this day the technology employed by the egyptians to build the great pyramids is completely lost and even with all our technology today it is highly unlikely that mordern man can re-plicate this achievement.

ps; I am sorry for the digression above but i beleive the records of the jews being slaves in egypty could have been lost when those demons invaded egypt and burnt the library of Alexandria which contained most of their anbcient records.
Re: Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by jagunlabi(m): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2009
@Jagoon
A point of correction.The library of Alexandria was not burnt by the invading arabs because the library was burnt way before islamists ever invaded Egypt.The library was burnt down in the 5th century BCE,i think.That was several centuries before the invasion of Egypt by arabs.
Re: Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2009
Well the point still remains that a lot of egyptian historical records were burnt in the library, though i do not agree with you that it was burnt in the 5th century bc as julius caeser who lived in the 1st century bc was recorded to have visited the library. I would confirm from my sources exactly how it was burnt down but one of the accounts i read stated it was the murderous jihadist that burnt it down.
Re: Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 31, 2009
I dont see why there's a problem believing the Jews were slaves in Egypt.

Ancient Egypt was, after all, a slave based society.

maybe someday people will also be asking if blacks were ever slaves in America.
Re: Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2009
tpia.:

I dont see why there's a problem believing the Jews were slaves in Egypt.

Ancient Egypt was, after all, a slave based society.

maybe someday people will also be asking if blacks were ever slaves in America.

There is actually a problem, mordern day archaeologists have faulted the exodus story and whethter the israelites were actually slaves in egypt since they claim to have no archaeolgical evidence to back it up, also the egyptians who were noted for keeping good records at that time do not seem to have any records of the jews being slaves in egypt. All the records are one sided[ just jewish records as found in the torah] with no records to back itupon the side ofthe egyptians. On the issue of slaves in america, that happened in reletively mordern times when documentation was wide spread and we still have a lot of hard evidence which as been documented for posterity to back it up to several generations un born.
Re: Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2009
Jagoon:

There is actually a problem, mordern day archaeologists have faulted the exodus story and whethter the israelites were actually slaves in egypt since they claim to have no archaeolgical evidence to back it up, also the egyptians who were noted for keeping good records at that time do not seem to have any records of the jews being slaves in egypt. All the records are one sided[ just jewish records as found in the torah] with no records to back itupon the side ofthe egyptians. On the issue of slaves in america, that happened in reletively mordern times when documentation was wide spread and we still have a lot of hard evidence which as been documented for posterity to back it up to several generations un born.

slavery in America was only abolished less than three hundred years ago. Thousands of years from now (to use the Egyptian analogy), if the world hasnt nuked itself to oblivion, people may also question if there were any black slaves in America.

Same way the holocaust is being questioned even though it was only sixty years ago.

And do the Egyptian records mention slaves of other nationalities?
Re: Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by jamiru(m): 3:26am On Aug 01, 2009
jamiru:

Could it be that there is no known records of egyptian origin which buttresses the biblical account becasue

1. Due to war, some records were destroyed, carted away and kept somewhere and lay hiden away? (on yahoo recently i read how a ships grave yard was discovered at the bottom of the sea containing ancient artifacts. Also i read in a website whereby eygpt was attacked by rome and posibly there was destruction of records)

well this are hypothesis that we can work on to unravel.

a possibility has started to emerge destruction of records in the library by muslims. thanks jagoon pls link me with ur source.
Re: Possibly The Jews Were Slaves In Eygpt? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 13, 2013
they were enslaved and it's well documented.
however the looked nothing like the so called "jewish majority" we see today.
in fact they looked just like the egyptians.

http://ancientegptian.files./2011/10/ancientegyptdailylifecraftspic_large1.jpg

^^ left as link because the pik it huge.

(1) (Reply)

Okotie,the Catholic Church & Our Gross National Lunacy:Fire In Bullshyt Mountain / Please Is Jesus God This Has Brought Confusion Among Christain / Christianity And The Burden Of Proof...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.