Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) (1409 Views)

Ways People Take Revenge On Bad Parking / Hyundai Accent 2012 - Parking Light And Dashboard Light Stays On / Are Nigerian Drivers Graduating From Double Parking To Triple Parking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) by truthhonest100: 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
Good evening good folks of car talk section pls i need your help my parking light (rear) is currently on and its not going off even after haven't turned off the engine of the car (Accord 04) i appreciate a solution for this pls, is there any quick fix for it? i removed my battery this night so it wont run it down.
Re: Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) by sultaan(m): 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2016
Google accord brake light switch
Re: Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2016
modified lower post
Re: Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2016
truthhonest100:
Good evening good folks of car talk section pls i need your help my parking light (rear) is currently on and its not going off even after haven't turned off the engine of the car (Accord 04) i appreciate a solution for this pls, is there any quick fix for it? i removed my battery this night so it wont run it down.

lay on your back on the drivers side foot mat with a flash light with head facing steering wheel, you will see the switch that controls the brake lights, it may require adjustment. Ideally the switch should be closed when the brakes are released (not depressed) if you notice that there is no contact between the switch and the pedal when the pedal is not depressed, there lies your problem. If your car was automatic, it should have problems getting out of park.

(add www)howacarworks.com/brakes/checking-the-brake-light-circuit

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3568147_images_jpg3_pngcaec0673002071a027c8cf9abf1828eb www.nairaland.com/attachments/3568146_brakelightswitch1_jpeg5f6eee84e158804fb62f76ccbfc0caf4
Re: Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2016
But the OP said 'parking light'.
If he truly was referring to brake lights I would recommend he should just say 'red light' next time.
Re: Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) by truthhonest100: 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
Good afternoon to the good folks of car section i appreciate all the comments, immediately i saw the first comment to google it , i checked the floor mat and found broken plastic with a sharp spiked end and i saw the exact picture after googling and realized that the round end of mine is broken i was able to follow the step by step tutorial to glue a plastic end the spiked end and inserted it into the break pedal cushion hole.

all the suggested comments here helped in resolving it as i finished working on it in less than 30mins and everything is okay now......God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
truthhonest100:

0rex:
But the OP said 'parking light'.
If he truly was referring to brake lights I would recommend he should just say 'red light' next time.

just helping the OP based on description of the problem. If he was sure it was parking lights he would not include rear.
Re: Help 04 Accord Parking Light Stays On..(now resolved) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

just helping the OP based on description of the problem. If he was sure it was parking lights he would not include rear.
Ok. I was kinda confused by the explanation. grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Fake Policemen / Nigerian Customs Service Release Phone Code To Verify Custom Papers, 094621597 / Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.