Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri (7814 Views)

Heineken Lokpobiri Visits Farmlands In Bayelsa (photos) / Fulanis Not Responsible For Herdsmen Attacks But Boko Haram - Lokpobiri / Confusion In APC As Party Suspends Timipre Sylva, Asks Lokpobiri To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by illmatic101(m): 11:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/04/i-never-paid-a-dime-to-be-appointed-as-minister-under-buhari-lokpobiri/

Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, has asserted that no amount of blackmail would distract him from performing his duties in the cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The minister said all the allegations against him by a faction of the state Executive Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led by the party’s state Chairman, Chief Tiwe Oruminighe were laughable and baseless and could not move him.

Oruminighe and his group had accused Lokpobiri of purchasing his ministerial slot from the state leader of the party and former Governor of the state, Chief Timipre Sylva.

But Lokpobiri in a statement signed by his Media Assistant, Mr. Donald Ojogo, said his appointment as a minister was based on merrit.

He vowed to take anybody who was bent in damaging his hard-earned reputation to court for libel.

The statement reads: “In the last few days, the Bayelsa state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has contended with some unsavoury moments.

“Undoubtedly, these are orchestrated by an insignificant few within the party and oiled by some external forces who feel threatened about their political future, especially as the APC challenges the outcome of the last governorship election at the Election Petition Tribunal.

“‎From the outset, the attitude of the Honourable Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri has been to ignore and avoid responding to all such untoward moves and circumstances around the APC. To him, such do not represent the much required cohesion, sincerity of purpose and political maturity.

“Nonetheless, in the view of the deliberate fabrication of lies and misrepresentation of facts on the part of those who have allowed themselves to be used in this blackmail venture, it has become very compelling to state the following:

“The Hon Minister of State for Agriculture, Senator Heineken Lokpobiri never got his appointment on the platter of financial negotiations as expressly insinuated by the suspended State chairman of the APC in Bayelsa State, Chief Tiwei Oruminigha and his cohorts.

“Like other appointees of Mr President, Senator Lokpobiri was duly considered worthy to be so appointed in his position.

“It is a clear case of misrepresentation of facts to insinuate that former governor of Bayelsa who is the leader of the APC in Bayelsa State, Chief Timipre Sylva collected money from the Hon minister before his appointment as minister. This is an outright fabrication”.

The statement added: “The reference by Tiwei Orunimigha to statements purportedly made by Hon minister in the build up to the 2015 elections ‎that he (Lokpobiri) never believed in the ability of the APC and its then presidential candidate (now president), Muhammadu Buhari to win election is nothing but an exhibition of either some form of delusion or incurable amnesia.

“For the records, the Hon Minister’s political affinity with President Muhammadu Buhari dates back to 2003 when he was the senatorial candidate of the defunct All Nigerian Peoples Party ( ANPP) fro Bayelsa West Senatorial District.

“He had vigorously campaigned for him to be president then. The assertion by Orunimigha can only be a fictionalised sermon heightened by defeated expectations. It is therefore a blackmail that cannot stand the test of time. It is neither capable of distracting the Hon minister.

“Lastly, as a law abiding citizen, the Hon Minister wishes to state that while an unsuspecting section of the media has the liberty to publish unsubstantiated stories, he reserves the right to seek redress in the ‎law courts”.

1 Like

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by illmatic101(m): 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
There's no smoke without fire, noise maker who ask you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by greatness22(m): 11:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
Lol, I didn't bother myself reading this lies, as long as it's from the lying party. **sips Limca**

14 Likes

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by illmatic101(m): 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
greatness22:
Lol, I didn't bother myself reading this lies, as long as it's from the lying party. **sips Limca**

Sipping Limca @ this time of the night, you be winch?
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by tyson99(m): 11:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
illmatic101:

Sipping Limca @ this time of the night, you be winch?
Leave am ooo person wey don shout oshodi onipanu ontop danfo tire

3 Likes

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by ogaontop(m): 12:09am On Apr 05, 2016
Na Who We Go Ask
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by stexsy(m): 12:18am On Apr 05, 2016
APC and lie be like mfed mi itud

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by BossWike(m): 12:52am On Apr 05, 2016
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by yarimo(m): 12:52am On Apr 05, 2016
99•9 apc members and supporter are very funny lainus

4 Likes

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:51am On Apr 05, 2016
APC Is Scam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by Sijo01(f): 7:51am On Apr 05, 2016
You did not pay a dime but you gave out enough bottles of 'Heineken'. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2016
Congratulations
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by yjgm(m): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2016
Let it be well investigated and the culprits punished.
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by Flexherbal(m): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2016
Talk talk politicians. Show us what you have done, since you were appointed.
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by SmartMugu: 7:54am On Apr 05, 2016
Who asked you?
These politicians can't just stop sounding stupid in their public utterances.
Is he insinuating that past ministers had to pay for the position? What happened to the competence and integrity stories gullible Nigerians are fed with?
Only in this part of the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by Rexphobia(m): 7:55am On Apr 05, 2016
Ok
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by slimpoppa(m): 7:55am On Apr 05, 2016
Good for you
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by brainbox1000(m): 7:55am On Apr 05, 2016
Okaay
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by sammyj: 7:55am On Apr 05, 2016
We all know this is not the clueless corrupt former regime! !!
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by Eguvwe: 7:56am On Apr 05, 2016
Shoroniyen? Abeggy Gba Gbe Oshi Jor..

1 Like

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by laslimdajay: 7:58am On Apr 05, 2016
Waiting to hear more frm de oda camp......nou camp.... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 05, 2016
Lokpobiri sef follow be minister? We have soo many ghost ministers in this cabinet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by chiefoboh1(m): 8:10am On Apr 05, 2016
Sorry to ask, are u a minister? What use have u been since your appointment?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by tan2: 8:54am On Apr 05, 2016
story that touch the heart.
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by lurex2rhyme(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2016
stexsy:
APC and lie be like mfed mi itud

baba u r too carnally minded. ur example of how apc as a party can lie was uncall for
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by vanvick247(m): 9:01am On Apr 05, 2016
Lolz. Expected such response to d allegations. Coz we know our politicians never agree to be corrupt even if caught in d act.

1 Like

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by utytill(m): 9:13am On Apr 05, 2016
Buhari's ministers are noise makers,they constitute 95% of noise pollution.Real hazard to 5%.Lokpobiri abeg shift,ur talk d bring heat and u know say no light,no fuel.Abeg,i hear say Buhari don visit 9ja,na true?

2 Likes

Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by SexxyMafi(f): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2016
Loko wateva u call yourself, nobody gives a damn.
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by Tellemall: 9:25am On Apr 05, 2016
Heineken? Was that the only bottle around when he was named? Must say, good taste, though.
Re: I Never Paid A Dime To Be Appointed As Minister Under Buhari – Lokpobiri by MrImole: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2016
Swear Mr lager beer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Ask NNPC To Suspend Companies Involved In Importation Of Bad Fuel / Nnamdi Kanu Set To Address The WORLD AND Igbo's Tomorrow / I Was Sidelined In Disbursement Of Campaign Funds- Chris Anyanwu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.