Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan (42213 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: See What Kano People Did After Buhari's Visit (photo) / Fuel Scarcity: See How This Policeman Go To Work Every Morning (photo) / Water Scarcity; See How Ibadan Residents Hustle To Get Water. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by bejeria101(m): 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
Bonnywest:
when I remb Buhari the only thing that comes to my head is CLUELESS

The clueless last cowbender,his kung-fu no be here
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by obailala(m): 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
yaki84:

who were the perpetrators, oando, conoil, forte oil own by that billionaire forgotten his name now, oando is run n managed by wale tinubu, who organised the jamboree at ojota against subsidy removal? shebi na okon or audu, no be same wale tinubu using tinubu as the frontier?
The names or origins of the people are irrelevant, why did GEJ not go after them?... If GEJ had showed the slightest commitment to go after them, most Nigerians involved in those protests would have had a little confidence in the govt and given their protests a rethink.

Are you now passing the blame of GEJ not going after subsidy fraudsters to Tinubu?..... This would be the most ridiculous case of shifting blames. Gosh!
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by Calebsky(m): 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
RedCapChief:

Jonathan's only problem was his indebtedness to many people because his government was filled with round pegs in round holes. His desire to have a second term made him turn a blind eye to many cases of corruption. He didn't want to offend anybody but ended up offending everybody.

When he went hard on Boko Haram, Northern Elders accused Ihejirika of genocide. (Remember: An attack on BH is an attack on the North)
When he went soft on Boko Haram and allowed the Northern Elders to fix their issues locally, they accused him of cluelessness and insensitivity.

Paradoxically, Nigeria is best governed by a military man like Buhari who doesn't care about making people happy, rather who just does what he feels like.

@the bolded, you must be a ....I cannot spit it out shocked
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
obailala:
In the absence of money, anything Buhari can do to make things work will only materialise on the very long run.

Nigerians are getting tired already... He should make things work now and better on the long run.
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by mikolo80: 12:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
Dottore:
Some of my friends still doesn't talk to me because I supported Buhari angry

If Jonathan had run a credible and accountable government, Buhari wouldn't have arisen from anywhere. See now Nigerians are even showing preference to Jonathan's corrupt laden govt to Buhari's clueless anti corruption government with many tales of woe to the general populace
just like saying if you hadn't forgotten your pencil sharpener you would not have failed an important exam. no excuse. allow baba his own 3 years to fail or pass before judgement. budget will soon be approved
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by Calebsky(m): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
drss:
d travails of deziani was because she stepped on powerful toes who feel they ar above d law. we know how dis woman was almost sleeping permanently at d national assemby at any slight smell of fuel scarcity on account of uncountable summons by legislators. apart form NOI, no oda minister faced d kind of pressure deziani went through. yet her performance in d oyel sector is unmatched by any petroluem minister in d history of nigeria.
but now dat fuel scarcity is a way of life under APC govt, buari dullard who is d minister of oyel is yet to be summon by d national assemby. d hypocrisy of dis con3 stinks to high heavens.

1001 likes

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by yaki84: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
obailala:
The names or origins of the people are irrelevant, why did GEJ not go after them?... Are you now passing the blame of GEJ not going after subsidy fraudsters to Tinubu?..... This would be the most ridiculous case of shifting blame. Gosh!

the case was on the desk of legislators, u dont expect the president to interfere in the activities of the legislative arm.
atleast u know one farook lawan was indicted n since then the legislative arm start playing to d gallery.
did the legislators give the final report on the perpetrators?
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by mikolo80: 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
are Nigerian youths this stoopid to say they prefer a thief who shared their future to the tune of 1 trillion a year from obj 300 billion a year.na wa o. which kin education these mods get so
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by obailala(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
udemzy101:

Nigerians are getting tired already... He should make things work now and better on the long run.
We are watching patiently. Hopefully when budget is signed, some things will change.
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by Rolings: 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
BushidoBlue:
Fact

The only fact is that she was conniving with marketers to claim bogus amounts in subsidy payments while awarding phoney contracts to cronies and turning a blind eye to the corruption in NNPC instead of repairing the refineries, maintaining the depots, stopping pipeline vandalism and bunkering (since she is from niger delta) all of which woukd have solved the problems she was throwing money at . This to me is failure
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by obailala(m): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
yaki84:

the case was on the desk of legislators, u dont expect the president to interfere in the activities of the legislative arm.
atleast u know one farook lawan was indicted n since then the legislative arm start playing to d gallery.
did the legislators give the final report on the perpetrators?
Those investigations began long after the protests; the investigations by the Reps and by the Ribadu committee were all offshoots of the protests.
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by plaetton: 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
obailala:
"Feasts are made for laughter, wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything" - Ecc 10:19

ANYTHING can be bought with money; after splashing N2.13Trillion on petroleum importers in 2011 alone, even the devil himself couldn't have stopped fuel from being available in those locust years. The situation has changed today; there is no money to splash around and the people in authority aren't willing to splash money (even if there was).

Your point, while it may appeal to emotions, actually makes zero sense.

The fact is that we have been importing fuel since the Abacha days.
We need money to import the fuels.
The FG subsidized the difference between the import price and pump price.
This simple arithmetic is what dullard Buhari said he did not understand.

And acting true to his this ignorance, he changed the arrangement as soon as he came to power.
He now gave the responsibility of importing and distributing fuel to good ol NNPC, the most incompetent, corrupt and inefficient oil corporation in the world.

And Viola!!
NNPC, true to its odious reputation, is unable to handle the enormous task of importing and distributing fuel all over Nigeria.

That's it in a nutshell, my friend.

Stop the lies.

This clueless government is the architect of all its many embarrassments and failures so far.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by yaki84: 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
obailala:
Those investigations began long after the protests; the investigations by the Reps and by the Ribadu committee were all offshoots of the protests.

u hvnt answered me question.
did the legislators submit the final report on the subsidy fraud?
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by Rolings: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
drss:
d travails of deziani was because she stepped on powerful toes who feel they ar above d law. we know how dis woman was almost sleeping permanently at d national assemby at any slight smell of fuel scarcity on account of uncountable summons by legislators. apart form NOI, no oda minister faced d kind of pressure deziani went through. yet her performance in d oyel sector is unmatched by any petroluem minister in d history of nigeria.
but now dat fuel scarcity is a way of life under APC govt, buari dullard who is d minister of oyel is yet to be summon by d national assemby. d hypocrisy of dis con3 stinks to high heavens.

If she had performed that wonderfully how come NNPC was running at a loss for the past 5 years ,how come the refineries were not performing optimally and the depots are dilapidated with perforated pipelines littering the whole place. She failed woefully and playing the ethnic or gender card won't help. Just like you all like pointing out that PMB should forget the past govt and fix Nigeria cos that was what he was elected to do so I put it to you the likes of Dieziani failed in their duties and should be in jail
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by Hemanwel(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
salam1:
time will tell
I pray the current hardship in this administration in which you're supporting doesn't consume you before that time.

Bro,the interest is Nigeria and not your egocentrism.If you think you cannot see anything wrong in this government because you voted it to power,stop attacking those who think otherwise!
Going to two weeks, there hasn't been power supply in most parts of the country and fuel scarcity has been lingering for over two months and you expect people to fold their hands??You think this is normal??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by rebranded(m): 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
1miccza:
Honestly that writer is absolutely on point...

At over 1 trillion naira per year?
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by obailala(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
yaki84:

u hvnt answered me question.
did the legislators submit the final report on the subsidy fraud?
The simple point which invalidates your question is that the investigations by the legislators was an offshoot of the protests and it happened after the protests.
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by salam1(m): 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hemanwel:
I pray the current hardship in this administration in which you're supporting doesn't consume you before that time.

Bro,the interest is Nigeria and not your egocentrism.If you think you cannot see anything wrong in this government because you voted it to power,stop attacking those who think otherwise!
Going to two weeks, there hasn't been power supply in most parts of the country and fuel scarcity has been lingering for over two months and you expect people to fold their hands??You think this is normal??
oga leave mi with my opinion. If u r free to believe PDP is d way forward leave mi to my believe if I think otherwise
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by blackpanda: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
crackjoor:

Bros chill, Ur president is disabled! when a man can't think straight and clear he is surely living wit disability

what do u gain by hating mr president other than to disable yourself with such hate. The president has no time for detractors, if you are not ready to move forward with the new Nigeria u can always relocate to cameroun or jump into the lagoon!
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by obailala(m): 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
plaetton:

Your point, while it may appeal to emotions, actually makes zero sense.

The fact is that we have been importing fuel since the Abacha days.
We need money to import the fuels.
The FG subsidized the difference between the import price and pump price.
This simple arithmetic is what dullard Buhari said he did not understand.

And acting true to his this ignorance, he changed the arrangement as soon as he came to power.
He now gave the responsibility of importing and distributing fuel to good ol NNPC, the most incompetent, corrupt and inefficient oil corporation in the world.

And Viola!!
NNPC, true to its odious reputation, is unable to handle the enormous task of importing and distributing fuel all over Nigeria.

That's it in a nutshell, my friend.

Stop the lies.

This clueless government is the architect of all its many embarrassments and failures so far.
Noo need for long epistles, did Nigeria blow up N2.1 trillion on subsidy payments in 2011 or not?.... After the public outcry and investigations in early 2012, did Nigeria's demand for fuel instantly drop by half for only ~N1trillion to be paid in the subsequent years?.... The fact of the matter is that money was dished out in abundance to fuel importers in the locust years of GEJ. The advantage being that there was fuel, but at what cost to the nation?... Even though the money reduced significantly post-2011, the fuel importers were still having a filled day so there wasn't any problem.

Today unfortunately, there isn't as much money any more and the FG is constrained to save scarce forex, hence moves are being made to block every possible loophole. Unfortunately, this has led to the fuel scarcity cos the NNPC is known for incompetence especially as it wasn't prepared for the massive load heaped on it in. With time however, I believe things will normalise and it is all for the better. There are no lies in my comments.
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by drss(m): 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
Rolings:

If she had performed that wonderfully how come NNPC was running at a loss for the past 5 years ,how come the refineries were not performing optimally and the depots are dilapidated with perforated pipelines littering the whole place. She failed woefully and playing the ethnic or gender card won't help. Just like you all like pointing out that PMB should forget the past govt and fix Nigeria cos that was what he was elected to do so I put it to you the likes of Dieziani failed in their duties and should be in jail
deziani recommend dat s con3's refineries be sold because they are scraps. they will never work profitably. repair dem today n they will break down 2morow. na today fyi, nnpc is still running at a lost under buari's 1year reign.
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by yaki84: 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
obailala:
The simple point which invalidates your question is that the investigations by the legislators was an offshoot of the protests and it happened after the protests.

it happened after d protest so the investigations stopped after the protest stopped n fuel price revert back to its original price?
what I know is that the entire protest then was cos of subsidy removal, not because of people or companies indicted in the subsidy regime. nigerians who protested were made to know that the only thing they benefit from govt will be taken away from them their beliefs was that subsidy is d only dividend of democracy they r enjoying.
na today corruption don deh escape without being prosecuted make people gather begin protest. when people involved in the fraud were d ones that organised the protest.
will u organise people to protest for ur prosecution by d govt?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by chibyz(m): 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
like if you agree share if you don't.
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by jking001(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is buying and selling business no big Grammer here you forgot subsidy was removed and re introduced my brother you have brains think abeg.

obailala:
"Feasts are made for laughter, wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything" - Ecc 10:19

ANYTHING can be bought with money; after splashing N2.13Trillion on petroleum importers in 2011 alone, even the devil himself couldn't have stopped fuel from being available in those locust years. The situation has changed today; there is no money to splash around and the people in authority aren't willing to splash money (even if there was).
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by LONGFUELCUE: 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
Bonnywest:
when I remb Buhari the only thing that comes to my head is CLUELESS

Clueless or "brain cramp"

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by jking001(m): 1:02pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is buying and selling business no big Grammer here you forgot subsidy was removed and re introduced my brother you have brains think abeg.

obailala:

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by Hemanwel(m): 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
salam1:
oga leave mi with my opinion. If u r free to believe PDP is d way forward leave mi to my believe if I think otherwise
Stop going about nairaland attacking those who are criticising this APC-led government!
By so doing, you are encouraging incompetence,ineptitude, maladministration, impunity,etc,from the people you voted into power.Thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by obailala(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
jking001:
I think you need this your 'brain' advice more than any one else here. By the way, subsidy was never really removed, the government still maintains a regulated price for petroleum products. Landing charges were cheaper than N86.5 when oil price was very low so the government collected and saved the excess. Today the landing charges have risen above N86.5 so the government is paying the extras; this is a very simple logic which anyone should understand without plenty explanations.
Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by OmoOsanyin: 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
bonechamberlain:
angry ... buhari is not hear for leadership or governance. he has a mission which he only knows, the Fulani terrorism is part of his unknown mission. very vicious and evil leader angry

100% seconded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by plaetton: 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
obailala:
Noo need for long epistles, did Nigeria blow up N2.1 trillion on subsidy payments in 2011 or not?.... After the public outcry and investigations in early 2012, did Nigeria's demand for fuel instantly drop by half for only ~N1trillion to be paid in the subsequent years?.... The fact of the matter is that money was dished out in abundance to fuel importers in the locust years of GEJ. Even though the money reduced significantly post-2011, the fuel importers were still having a filled day so there wasn't any problem. Today there isn't as much money any more and the FG is constrained to save scarce forex, hence moves are being made to block every possible loophole. Unfortunately, this has led to the fuel scarcity cos the NNPC is known for incompetence especially as it wasn't prepared for the massive load heaped on it in. With time however, I believe things will normalise and it is all for the better. There are no lies in my comments.

Your facts are still misleading ,because like your people in the APC, you still prefer to blame rather than face the fscts and take responsibility.

SUBSIDY is SUBSIDY, irrespective of the amount spent.
Was there fraud in SUBSIDY payments ? Sure, there was.
That's pretty easy to investigate and punish the offenders.

But the bottom line is that we either get all our existing refineries to provide our petroleum needs, or we build more refineries, or we raise pump prices in order to remove the subsidies, or, we continue with status quo.

Now, the leadership style of Buhari, who has shown a tendency to act before consulting experts, is the cause of every current problem facing Nigeria right now, from exchange rate issues, stock market carnage , fuel scarcity, power outage issues, and economic confusion.

It has been a comedy of errors since May 29 last year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by mandax: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
drss:

Nigeria of today is what the self-acclaimed most shophischicated tribe in Nigeria want because of their level of mind wrenching ethnic bigotry.

They couldn't stand Igbo in Jonathan government.

They went for an alliance and invited Buhari who was thrice rejected even by his north for presidency. Buhari who had since announced that he had retired from politics.

Now as president, Buhari who still talks of West Germany and West German President Merkel understands little or no business other than promoting the agenda of his fellow nomadic cattle rearers, as well as move around the world to shake hands with world leaders, while Nigeria returns to the Dark ages.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Fuel Scarcity: See How The WOMAN In Diezani Was Portrayed By A Fan by salam1(m): 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hemanwel:
Stop going about nairaland attacking those who are criticising this APC-led government!
By so doing, you are encouraging incompetence,ineptitude, maladministration, impunity,etc,from the people you voted into power.Thank you!
honestly am not against any1 who criticise APC, but as u r criticising dem appreciate d gud 1 dey r doing. But u people r bias in ur criticism. Lyk d issue of book haram at least giv him kudos and also d issues of our treasury looters everyone no he's trying but u people r talking as if he's just sleeping dere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Army Recovers Weapons From Boko Haram After Gun Battle In Maiduguri (Photos) / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi Converting To Emir / Maryam Abacha & Her Grandchildren (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.