Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems (5175 Views)

What Was God Doing Before He Created The Universe? / Mbaka Raises Alarm About Buhari's Life & Current Situation Of Things / Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Chemcrown: 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
Joshthefirst:
That we are against each other in infinitely aggressive arguments does not mean we are against each other in progress bloda. grin

In the end, we want to see progress in this country all the same, whether I am a mighty tall christian like kingebukasblog or an athletic intellectual like johnydon22 or a little squirt atheist like Logicbwoy or a guarded feminist like kay17 or an old undecided man like plaetton or a troll like sonoflucifer. grin
shey I fit join this list but oppositely,,,

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by CoolUsername: 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

shut up engineer grin cool

bro you dont have to let us that your comment was modified .. lol

I make my modification process transparent to let people who may have already read my post know that a change has been made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
CoolUsername:

I make my modification process transparent to let people who may have already read my post know that a change has been made.

;Dk bro ... lol
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by analice107: 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
johnydon22:
Hey Ann.. being long we talked dearie
You no get my time nah.
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
analice107:
You no get my time nah.
No not that. have been a bit busy, will call you. Hope you are good?
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by analice107: 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
johnydon22:

No not that. have been a bit busy, will call you. Hope you are good?
Am good. OK, will be waiting for your call. How's your bea?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
analice107:

never knew u were this friendly. Am sorry
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by johnydon22(m): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
analice107:
she's splendid thanks... Will call you tonight
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Joshthefirst(m): 1:04am On Apr 07, 2016
CoolUsername:

And that's why you're a nerd
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Logicbwoy: 6:22am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You talk like they have any presently undecided

How could you say that when almost all of your threads have been debunked by atheists?
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Logicbwoy: 6:34am On Apr 07, 2016
Joshthefirst:
And that's why you're a nerd

Seriously? undecided

Is nairaland the only forum you use?
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:41am On Apr 07, 2016
Logicbwoy:

How could you say that when almost all of your threads have been debunked by atheists?

all my threads shocked grin . I guess this is your own way of asking me to have a taste of the weed you smoke , No thanks tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Logicbwoy: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

all my threads shocked grin . I guess this is your own way of asking me to have a taste of the weed you smoke , No thanks tongue

Atheists don't smoke weed- they don't believe in getting to the Most High.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Joshthefirst(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Seriously? undecided

Is nairaland the only forum you use?
I forgot to add a smiley to that statement to showcase it as a joke
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 07, 2016
Joshthefirst:
... or a troll like sonoflucifer. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Why doesn't god give man the guidance to fix our country? Isn't that what prayer is for? Asking god to help you?
People have been asking god to help, nigeria is one of the most prayerful countries, and yet he isn't helping. Whereas places like china and netherlands and japan where they don't pray, yet they are prospering. If he would prefer to leave prayerful humans to f**k themselves over, yet allow non-prayerful humans to prosper, what is the point of prayer and why does the bible say "ask and you shall be given?"

Also, the free-will argument is debatable. God (supposedly) created us KNOWING the mental processes & emotional tendencies that lead to these problems in the first place (greed, anger, fear, etc) -- and the types of horrible atrocities that would result (since he knows the future). He gave us brains capable of feeling all of these things and acting on them under certain conditions & upbringing. Why didn't he just give us brains that were immune to greed, for example? That would have easily prevented the situation that you just described. He did not have to place these mental tendencies there in the first place.

He could have created human beings only capable of feeling compassion, love, honesty, tenderness. If he made our brains that way, so many problems, so much poverty, and so much death would be avoided. But he didn't. He purposely gave us flawed brains, and then, according to you, placed the blame on us for falling victim to the same brains he created. How exactly is that loving?

.....and to think he already has a hell-fire punishment for his own hand-work is funny.
religion and its teachings don't make any sense.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by dorox(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2016
Joshthefirst:
someone's sarcasm meter is faulty

You got me too. I guess it is difficult to see the sarcasm in a statement that is true.
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by stonemasonn: 9:05am On Apr 07, 2016
plaetton:
I still struggle to understand religious beliefs and faith .

I mean, Nigerians are a very prayerful people.
Infact, we spend a good portion of time praying for supernatural blessings and interventions in our daily affairs, to the point where it seems like a psychological addiction.

Like all addictions, we hardly take a minute to take stock, audit or re- evaluate our positions and our acts.

Now, there has been Chaos, a complete breakdown of the primary arteries of life and the economy in Nigeria for the past 2 months.

Where is the hand of God in all of this suffering , considering that we spend a lot of time and money whispering , shouting and beseeching God every hour, every day to save us from all the inconveniences of life ?

I am just trying to figure out what role religion plays in the lives of people who live ,struggle and suffer as we do here in Nigeria.

Is religion a necessary palliative for the suffering and confused masses, or an integral part of the Nigerian psyche which, itself , produces the type of chaos we see here ?
deep down no body really cares about the current chaotic state of things in the country, a typical Nigerian prays for fast and easy wealth so that he can own his house, a big generator and an American passport, with a large bank account we cares about phcn naira fall and fuel scarcity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by johnydon22(m): 9:10am On Apr 07, 2016
stonemasonn:
deep down no body really cares about the current chaotic state of things in the country, a typical Nigerian prays for fast and easy wealth so that he can own his house, a big generator and an American passport, with a large bank account we cares about phcn naira fall and fuel scarcity.

This is true!!!

And also for their enemies to die by fire

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by analice107: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
never knew u were this friendly. Am sorry
Hahahahahahahaha. Hello dear, pls don't judge us by what you see here Ooo. Here is a battle field. We have friends here, but we still batch ourselves. Outside here, we laugh and hug. It's maturity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by orunto27: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2016
There is a quality level of soberness and Prayers that God require to bless Nigerians. Godists, Christians, Islamists etc in Nigeria must kneel down and pray fervently to God who hears and answers.
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by Oluwaseytiano(m): 10:29am On Apr 07, 2016
analice107:

Hahahahahahahaha. Hello dear, pls don't judge us by what you see here Ooo. Here is a battle field. We have friends here, but we still batch ourselves. Outside here, we laugh and hug. It's maturity.
that's cool
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by orunto27: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
God will soon show up.
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by virginboy1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
In Nigeria, Ex Governor of the oil rich Delta State, James Ibori, President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki and his predecessor, David Mark, are public officers named so far in the Panama leaks but there seem to be very little concern by Nigerians. Dallas, USA based real estate expert, Ejike Okpa, is concerned that the revelation which is a function of deep rooted corruption in the country is not stirring enough 'anger' from the citizens. "But Nigerians should be outraged that their money is stashed away while they are made to endure rounds of NO LIGHT, NO WATER, BAD ROADS, ARREARS OWED Civil servants, crumbling nation with no infrastructure to speak to. "However the people are starving but smiling preferring to scream in "In Jesus Name" and "Mighty Name of Jesus", while they are fleeced by their leaders who also enjoin them to pray for them to be successful as they rob them." Mr. Okpa who was once a Republican Dallas Mayoral Candidate, took a quick swipe at those who at all times find pleasure in giving recognitions to 'corrupt' public officers and could go to any length in defending them. "And guess what, Nigerians pray for their leaders to keep stealing from them, often rewarding them with front row seats in church and places of worship. That is how they roll in Hail Thee Nation. "But never mind, in the world most populous black Nation where they 'Hail Thee' but live in Raging Hell. The apologists and sympathizers will find reasons that it is nothing to worry about." He ended his post which he shared with an online group with a seeming call to action. "Maybe so, but Thank God for internet and willing journalists who took the risk to unearth the wicked conducts of those who ought to serve their nation. "Now, what are you going to do it about it?" http://www.homelandnewsng.com/other-news/3605- nigerians-praying-world-outraged-over-panama-papers- leaks
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by CoolUsername: 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
stonemasonn:

/thread. Let's pack it up boys! This is the main answer!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by malvisguy212: 12:20am On Apr 08, 2016
plaetton:
I still struggle to understand religious beliefs and faith .

I mean, Nigerians are a very prayerful people.
Infact, we spend a good portion of time praying for supernatural blessings and interventions in our daily affairs, to the point where it seems like a psychological addiction.

Like all addictions, we hardly take a minute to take stock, audit or re- evaluate our positions and our acts.

Now, there has been Chaos, a complete breakdown of the primary arteries of life and the economy in Nigeria for the past 2 months.

Where is the hand of God in all of this suffering , considering that we spend a lot of time and money whispering , shouting and beseeching God every hour, every day to save us from all the inconveniences of life ?

I am just trying to figure out what role religion plays in the lives of people who live ,struggle and suffer as we do here in Nigeria.

Is religion a necessary palliative for the suffering and confused masses, or an integral part of the Nigerian psyche which, itself , produces the type of chaos we see here ?
If mankind were to follow God's instruction, do you think their would be suffering ? Every man has corrupted his or her own way. Do you want God to oppose His will on us ? For if God were to intervene in the matter of suffering, would He not also intervene in the matter of sin? If He did, He would have to be a dictator. Then how would
we react? Can anyone claim he or she has never sin before ? Do you want God to be fair or be merciful ? I tell you the truth, if you want God to be fair, then He will have to punish All sins we have ever committed, NONE will be alive. We would not want that, and according to the Bible, God doesn't want it either.

God wants us to obey Him because we want to, not because we have to. And in order to
accomplish this, He must allow two things to happen. First, in order to grant us free choice, He must provide us with graphic examples of the consequences of the wrong choice.
Secondly, He must allow injustices and sufferings; otherwise he'd provide sinful mankind with every blessing and benefit without restriction. If everything in this life was fair, good and happy, what need would there be to seek a better life? Why would we seek a Deliverer, if there was nothing to be delivered
from? Suffering is not something that ought to turn people away from God, but draw them to Him.
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by plaetton: 12:43am On Apr 08, 2016
malvisguy212:
If mankind were to follow God's instruction, do you think their would be suffering ? Every man has corrupted his or her own way. Do you want God to oppose His will on us ? For if God were to intervene in the matter of suffering, would He not also intervene in the matter of sin? If He did, He would have to be a dictator. Then how would
we react? Can anyone claim he or she has never sin before ? Do you want God to be fair or be merciful ? I tell you the truth, if you want God to be fair, then He will have to punish All sins we have ever committed, NONE will be alive. We would not want that, and according to the Bible, God doesn't want it either.

God wants us to obey Him because we want to, not because we have to. And in order to
accomplish this, He must allow two things to happen. First, in order to grant us free choice, He must provide us with graphic examples of the consequences of the wrong choice.
Secondly, He must allow injustices and sufferings; otherwise he'd provide sinful mankind with every blessing and benefit without restriction. If everything in this life was fair, good and happy, what need would there be to seek a better life? Why would we seek a Deliverer, if there was nothing to be delivered
from? Suffering is not something that ought to turn people away from God, but draw them to Him.

Lol.
My God, the Toothfairy, has been telling me to be a good boy since childhood. He even rewards me with $3.75 ( inflation adjusted), every year.

Infact, most of humankind's problems begin when they grow up and start listening to Yahweh and other middle East gods, instead of maintaining their steadfast simple devotion to the simple ways of the Toothfairy.

Infact, if we had all continued to listen to middle God's, we would have sooner destroyed ourselves, killing men, women and children for God.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by malvisguy212: 12:48am On Apr 08, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Why doesn't god give man the guidance to fix our country? Isn't that what prayer is for? Asking god to help you?
People have been asking god to help, nigeria is one of the most prayerful countries, and yet he isn't helping. Whereas places like china and netherlands and japan where they don't pray, yet they are prospering. If he would prefer to leave prayerful humans to f**k themselves over, yet allow non-prayerful humans to prosper, what is the point of prayer and why does the bible say "ask and you shall be given?"

Also, the free-will argument is debatable. God (supposedly) created us KNOWING the mental processes & emotional tendencies that lead to these problems in the first place (greed, anger, fear, etc) -- and the types of horrible atrocities that would result (since he knows the future). He gave us brains capable of feeling all of these things and acting on them under certain conditions & upbringing. Why didn't he just give us brains that were immune to greed, for example? That would have easily prevented the situation that you just described. He did not have to place these mental tendencies there in the first place.

He could have created human beings only capable of feeling compassion, love, honesty, tenderness. If he made our brains that way, so many problems, so much poverty, and so much death would be avoided. But he didn't. He purposely gave us flawed brains, and then, according to you, placed the blame on us for falling victim to the same brains he created. How exactly is that loving?
you are wrong , I believe you are christian before you abandon the faith, I tell you, you don't even know the purpose of God creating you. World peace is not among the agenda of God, we are only advice to make peace with God, the bible say friendship with the world is enmity with God. As long as God allow you to make a choice, will you love your enemy ? NO, you can't , but the bible say Love your enemy. A God of love wants the whole world to operate in love, but could you force someone to love you? Their is suffering because we chose to go against God will.
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by malvisguy212: 12:53am On Apr 08, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.
My God, the Toothfairy, has been telling me to be a good boy since childhood. He even rewards me with $3.75 ( inflation adjusted), every year.

Infact, most of humankind's problems begin when they grow up and start listening to Yahweh and other middle East gods, instead of maintaining their steadfast simple devotion to the simple ways of the Toothfairy.

Infact, if we had all continued to listen to middle God's, we would have sooner destroyed ourselves, killing men, women and children for God.
If you read what I say with black mind, the viewer wouldn't . Peace
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by theEYe21(f): 4:46am On Apr 08, 2016
..... 2000 years later....
orunto27:
God will soon show up.
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by virginboy1(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2016
malvisguy212:

This your comment is embedded with too much Subjectivities. Sighs.
Re: Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems by virginboy1(m): 8:34am On Apr 08, 2016
malvisguy212:
you are wrong , I believe you are christian before you abandon the faith, I tell you, you don't even know the purpose of God creating you. World peace is not among the agenda of God, we are only advice to make peace with God, the bible say friendship with the world is enmity with God. As long as God allow you to make a choice, will you love your enemy ? NO, you can't , but the bible say Love your enemy. A God of love wants the whole world to operate in love, but could you force someone to love you? Their is suffering because we chose to go against God will.
You can't force someone to love you but you can convince them to via proof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheism is Dead : The Logic of God and Everything / US 2020 Election - Is TB Joshua's Prophecy On Trump, Biden Coming To Pass? / If The Bones Of Jesus Were Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.