Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report (37417 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: President Buhari Sympathizes With Nigerians / Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by slimfit2(m): 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hello guys, how are you? Truth be told I don’t really care about how you are doing so let’s suspend all pleasantries. I have taken it upon myself to explain the untold stories breaking during this hardship, for us to see beyond pain and see the “light”. Come with me on this voyage.

Impending Marriage- love/lust can be found anywhere, anytime and during the endless wait for fuel I was able to witness some interactions a.k.a chyking. Wonder at your peril if I’m a Pervert but I believe if any of these petromances (petrol+romance) should lead to the altar then the government should take the glory for the matchmaking. For the purpose of our ailing democracy we would ignore all the heartbreaks, unwanted pregnancies, illegal abortions and endless coitus resulting from the petromances. At the reception Rihanna ft Calvin Harris- we found love (in a hopeless place) should be on the playlist.

Dream Big- Even if you live in the lofty paradise of desegregation or you do not believe in social stratification and other vices that seem rife in our land a visit to any NNPC mega station during scarcity should wake you from slumber. Being streetwise is good but having long-leg is better. Naija being Naija some people who came late had their way immediately. This has deeply stirred my drive/passion to make it early in life so I can also perpetrate/visit this oppression on someone else in the nearest future. Please save me the be-a-responsible-citizen bullcrap.

Unity- Not only football unites us as a country, instance of hardship does too. From the incessant chat at the station, with every speaker a pundit, widely acclaimed zombies and notorious wailers were unanimous in acknowledging this as a predicament/suffering. People across religious and regional divide also berated whosoever they deemed fit. Now that is unity: it is a rare occurrence to see Nigerians set aside their differences and even saying “almost” the same thing. I was so carried away by this fleeting moment of unity that I was almost tempted to say may it go on like this but I know it won’t go down well with you guys so never mind.

Audacity- the last time I engaged in civil disobedience was during the Occupy Nigeria protest in 2012, imagine since! Seeing also as successive SUGs of my Alma mater couldn’t engage in the simple business of aluta (nonsense people), starving someone of impropriety, I needed a relief badly. Thanks to the prevailing circumstance my breakthrough to discharge all the accumulated discomfort came. Motorists, bikers and yours sincerely were able to shut down completely a lane of a roadway (an expressway), creating a difficult driving challenge for other road users. Now I don’t care if it was a federal or state road it felt great to be a part of the nuisance.

Alibi- I’m sure compulsive liars have used this fuel situation or the filling station as an alibi. Imagine one of Lucifer’s numerous children, who double as a friend, informed his parents he missed church service because he was at the filling station for many hours, whereas he was yanshing kpetus. I won’t be surprised if he becomes a VIP in hell. Stupid boy! Others I presume to be in this category are cheating husbands, serial debtors, lazy students etc.

Let me stop right here because if I continue we won't leave here today. If at this point you are in rage or feel I have in one way or the other insulted your sensibilities please take heart, such is life, you can explode in the comment box cheesy. Also note that I’m disappointed at my inability to post a picture of a snake: the ultimate sacrifice to access front-page.

Add yours.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by fargo(m): 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
April 7th is two days away. #endfuelscarcitynow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by slimfit2(m): 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
fargo:
Really? Let's hope our hopes aren't dashed again!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Ohammadike: 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
angry
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Sonnik212(m): 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by onihaxy: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
hmmmmmm
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by vickylinco(m): 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
warris dis

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
WILL YOU CLAP FOR ANY MEDIA THAT REPORT ANY OF THE ABOVE SIR

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
k
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Deepfreezer(m): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nigeria has been sold. shame

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by clevadani: 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
nice writeup

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by maskid(m): 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
this thread is meaningless n dry. mschteeeew

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Inspectahdeck(m): 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmm

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Samiceman: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
D

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by muaa(f): 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
I was expecting to see this wen I opened this thread
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by SPG4U(m): 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
ok
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by ercel: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
I can't read all that,what I want to read is fuel is everywhere,Nigerians can go and buy at official pump price..
#getting tired
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by sheunsheun(m): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
fargo:
No more queues in FCT oooo, lets hope it cuts across oda part of d country b4 7th

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by StepTwo: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
okay, una weldone
na fuel i need
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Samiceman: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is like the dumbest shit I have ever read on nairaland
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Enoquin(f): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
cheesy
It isn't outrightly funny but lightly so...don't worry most of those who commented first are too 'angry' or 'overwhelmed', so do not hold it against them

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Opinedecandid(m): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
APC and Buhari will not kill us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
sheunsheun:

No more queues in FCT oooo, lets hope it cuts across oda part of d country b4 7th

Queues dey...but they are reducing in size.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by braine(m): 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lol. Nice writeup.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by ettaetta(m): 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by KINGofTOTO: 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
OP. You try
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by noskeybaba: 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
Like WTF did I just read? Were you sent by Mr Linus Mohammad??
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by ayzTIGER: 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nonsense
Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by Brainaic(m): 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
Never seen anyone use that many words to actually say nothing!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by joedams: 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
At the moment, even the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: What The Media Won’t Report by laprince(m): 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nice writeup. However, it has little usefulness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Election 2018: Tribunal Restrains INEC From Tampering With Guber Results / I Can Vouch For Atiku Anywhere - Obasanjo (reasons) / FBI Cannot Come To Nigeria To Arrest Abba Kyari — Mike Ozekhome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.