Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) (12790 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by davidif: 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2009
Which kind lie be this. shocked shocked shocked, what of the North african leagues like egypt, tunisia and co. what of south africa? even ghana's league is even better. It seems that anybody can post anything on the internet nowadays and anybody would believe it. The source is not even credible at all.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by davidif: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
this is good news

look him mouth like "this is good news". You people are soooooo gullible, very soon them go come with report that Nigerian universities are the best in the world.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by dearie(m): 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2009
Geeez, It is difficult to believe these comments are coming from Nigerians. When will you ever learn to celebrate your own! Do we always have to 'bad mouth' every good thing being mentioned about the country. Nigeria rarely enjoys such good news, and when she does, we should learn to accept it with warm enthusiasm and pass commendations to the appropraite quarters.

It is so easy to condemn Boko haram militants and the deranged course they are fighting, claiming they have been brainwashed into believing the rubbish cooked into their head, but have we stopped to think about this 'ill mindset' we've got abt this country that nothing good can come out or be said about her, please lets stop acting like some people that have been brain washed into believing that this country is doomed. Without giving credit to the whole rebranding brouhaha, i think there should be some kind of paradigm shift from this mindset, and thenafter, we would see how things would shapen up.

Nigeria has got prospects, and whether you believe it or not, there are forces, cabals, people, sects, nations etc benefitting from the myriads of problem plaguing us, which includes our unpatriotic and uncivilised approach to issues like dis. It is left for us to allow them to keep basking in the euphoria of their callous mirth or be wise and and see the treasure in our beloved country.

Anyways, thank God some of us believe in terms of quality we could merit the positon and that the major problem is funding. With time by Gods' grace, we'll become the envy of all nations.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by osaworld(m): 8:11pm On Aug 03, 2009
The criteria the ranking body used was based on performance of clubs emanating from the different leagues, not on organisation nor history nor finances .

Based on performance, they are arguably right.

Let's look at the facts. The CAF Champions League is the biggest football competition in Africa so obviously the focus lies therein. Nigeria is the only country besides Sudan with 2 clubs in the quarter finals of the competition - Kano Pillars and Heartland FC. Kano Pillars currently top their group and have remained unbeaten all through the competition - they even eliminated the defending champions on their way into the group stage. Kano Pillars remains the only unbeaten side in the competition. Heartland FC is also doing well in their group - they beat their last opponents 3-1. So, on current form, Nigeria is numero-uno in the CAF competition.

Clubsides from countries like Egypt, Morroco, Algeria, South Africa, Ivory Coast have all fallen during the knockout stage. Tunisia remains the only North African side with a club in the group stages.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by tayoast(m): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2009
yousouph:

Maybe the ranking was base on 2 Nigerian clubs in group stages of CAF champions league

The above could be d only reasonable criterion.

Where r d pitches?
The fans?
Quality of football?

This is a league wher a team beats d opposition 9 - 0 to avoid relegation, despite havin a goal difference -8 b4 d match
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by oyinda3(f): 11:24pm On Aug 03, 2009
how can nigeria move forward when nigerians' brains are wired backward
if there's bad news we complain, if there's good news we still complain and say it's bad news disguised as good news. wth
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by chyk91(m): 2:31am On Aug 04, 2009
naija league------- best.
we all know it cant be true.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by ogbongzky(m): 7:47am On Aug 04, 2009
hmnnn, i bet it is the best league considering the fact that we have the set of old players in the league coupled with thartered fields, lol

If the yardstick is with respect to stadium and media facilitis, then i will give it to SOUTH AFRICA league
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by blackchief(m): 8:38am On Aug 04, 2009
Good news, if we talking of quality of player Yes. But my question is, How many of the player in Egypt, SA,Tunisa etc will be willing to leave their present clubs to come to Nigeria to play football in our league.

if we can find any than I agree with the rating Agency.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by otokx(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2009
This is an incredible lie.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by erico2k2(m): 9:26am On Aug 04, 2009
hey guys chill, this aint no lie,in fact its good news for us and lets be proud of it,you guys are viewing this from a single angle of infrastructure etc., its same worldwide, have you ever checked infrastructure in Countries like Brazil and Argentina? or check the level of infrastructure in UK which is meant to be the best, what good has it done to the overall development of the individual players in the English Team AKA Team GB? when was the last time they won any major cup eh? at least our Junior Team is worth reckoning with in the world of football nah the Bigger Boys dey Bleep up,hopefully we go improve oh, do I hear an AMEN?
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by Maxidoe(m): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2009
dearie:

Geeez, It is difficult to believe these comments are coming from Nigerians. When will you ever learn to celebrate your own! Do we always have to 'bad mouth' every good thing being mentioned about the country. Nigeria rarely enjoys such good news, and when she does, we should learn to accept it with warm enthusiasm and pass commendations to the appropraite quarters.

It is so easy to condemn Boko haram militants and the deranged course they are fighting, claiming they have been brainwashed into believing the rubbish cooked into their head, but have we stopped to think about this 'ill mindset' we've got abt this country that nothing good can come out or be said about her, please lets stop acting like some people that have been brain washed into believing that this country is doomed. Without giving credit to the whole rebranding brouhaha, i think there should be some kind of paradigm shift from this mindset, and thenafter, we would see how things would shapen up.

Nigeria has got prospects, and whether you believe it or not, there are forces, cabals, people, sects, nations etc benefitting from the myriads of problem plaguing us, which includes our unpatriotic and uncivilised approach to issues like dis. It is left for us to allow them to keep basking in the euphoria of their callous mirth or be wise and and see the treasure in our beloved country.

Anyways, thank God some of us believe in terms of quality we could merit the positon and that the major problem is funding. With time by Gods' grace, we'll become the envy of all nations.

I would use this post as a reference to other posts claiming we are not celebrating good news.Is it not deceit celebrating pure lies,is it not stupid for example to believe that Nigerian universities are the best in Africa,or that Nigerian government is the 21st most transparent government in the world,thats exactly what this rating is like or even worse,whatever criteria was used is crap,sheer crap,and dont be decieved,shine your eyes.If u know football you would understand that leagues in North Africa,south africa,Ghana are far much better than Nigerian league,if u must know the best Nigerian league players are trooping to Sudan a country that has been ravaged by war foe decades,thats tells the decay in our league.Isf we must celebrate good news,such news need to be true,as its better to be a realist than to live in a fool's paradise.The truth is this it may be bitter but its the truth,Nigerian league is one of the worst in the whole world.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by candylips(m): 10:47am On Aug 04, 2009
interesting . .
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by fm4real2k6(m): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2009
[center]
[b]Reasons why Nigeria league is a lot better off in Africa
Competitiveness ------If you take time to watch the league, (look beyond the problems like bad pitches, harsh whether condition, lack of motivation and all other psychological factors) you will agree with me that the league is more competitive. Imagine this coming season top teams commming to the league, Enyimba 3sc, Enyimba Kwara Utd, Enyimba Sharks Enyimba Dolphns , et al, tough matches dont you think? In Nigeria i can count top 8 teams, ts not even like England where you only talk of the first 4 and the rest second class, and third class "citizen" respectively.
we shld learn to appreciate what we have, and strive hard to take it to a greater hight. Thats why we need to begin to take interest in this Nigerian football, cuz its is the future of our national teams, i'll tell you a simple truth, i do not fancy Nigeria going to the world cup in 2010, let us look inward, imagine Spain, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Go check up their league thats why the "foreign based" in these aforementioned countries always feel "threatened" whenever there is a National teams Football matches and you see them rushing home because there are capable "home based" replacement for them.
We need to developed to that status, that way we'll be winning in several ways,
(1) (good football league will bring about better infrastructural facilities,(so we wont be having problems when we want to host any FIFA, CAF tournaments like we are having now)
(2)Source of employment,----- i know Nigerian football league can "mop -up" nothing less than 40% of the jobless youth in Nigeria today.
(3) Foreign direct investment---- Ready made example is England, imagine how much Abramovich has sunk into England, and also The Man city owner. And who say it cant happen here in Nigeria?, what we dont picture we can never feature in it. so let picture it and let us begin to work towards it in our own corner, in the place of prayer and also newspaper publications, and i know one day God will hear our prayer and things will begin to change for better.
It is here in Nigeria that some of our Administrators/leaders, are just too myopic to see and picture a better future for us.
We're having Power supply problems now cuz at a point in time some of our leaders failed to think that in some years to come (now) the present power generation (then) will not be sufficient, and see the problem its causing us now same goes to Infrastructures. Simply put our fathers have failed us woefully, but we the youth coming up now, we should not do things the way they did, we should stop complaining and get to work, lets get to fix Nigeria so that the generation coming after us will have a better Nigeria and we will definitely become an instant heroes
Nigeria Good people Great Nation

www.fmbaba.lefora.com[/b]
[/center]

1 Like

Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by mployer(m): 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2009
our major problem in this country is inferiority complex. they jus told us we are the best and we became afraid
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by oyinda3(f): 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
m-ployer:

our major problem in this country is inferiority complex. they jus told us we are the best and we became afraid

rotfl. i can't believe many of the comments on this topic either. nigeria is screwed. . . .but nigerians are even more screwed. lol

thank u fm4real2k6 jare.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by candylips(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2009
the facts don't lie na
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by ibelab(m): 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2009
na niger abi na naija sure say no mistake?
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by Cleanman(m): 12:49am On Aug 05, 2009
Can u c wat dis ibelab fool is posting, Dats 1 of them tins that drags us backward, Having negative thinkn abt ur beloved country.If we keep on bad mouthing our country,then we will neva develop!, U guys shud start thinking positive 4 the betterment of our dear nation at least 4 a start! God pls help us!!!!!!
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by davidif: 5:58am On Aug 05, 2009
I would use this post as a reference to other posts claiming we are not celebrating good news.Is it not deceit celebrating pure lies,is it not stupid for example to believe that Nigerian universities are the best in Africa,or that Nigerian government is the 21st most transparent government in the world,thats exactly what this rating is like or even worse,whatever criteria was used is crap,sheer crap,and dont be decieved,shine your eyes.If u know football you would understand that leagues in North Africa,south africa,Ghana are far much better than Nigerian league,if u must know the best Nigerian league players are trooping to Sudan a country that has been ravaged by war foe decades,thats tells the decay in our league.Isf we must celebrate good news,such news need to be true,as its better to be a realist than to live in a fool's paradise.The truth is this it may be bitter but its the truth,Nigerian league is one of the worst in the whole world.

Thank you o jare. Nigerians in there desperation to just hear good news about the country want to believe anything. What a shame that a lot of Nigerians are still in denial.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by Vuitton(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2009
The Rankings maybe flawed or correct but the posts on this thread are amazing shocked
Apparently 98.8% of the posters totally disbelive it is true embarassed

I think we shud be a bit more supportive of our Nation Nigeria afterall looking at the site and criteria used in the assessment it is not impossible for Nigeria to be the best in Africa.

The should be a sort of motivation to the NFA to improve and develop all other areas of the game like the football pitches, rules and regulations and renumeration of players.

Up Nigeria cool
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by efemiemman: 11:48am On Aug 05, 2009
Africa have a long way to go
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by ayobase(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2009
Best in africa?
haa! they are just discouraging
us from improving ni o!
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by folem: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2009
oyinda.:

rotfl. i can't believe many of the comments on this topic either. nigeria is screwed. . . .but nigerians are even more screwed. lol

thank u fm4real2k6 jare.

You can see that it is Nigerians that need rebranding and re-orientation, Last year Nigeria was rated 4th but now 1st and the haters find it hard to take.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by Borat1: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
what cracks me up most is the "its official" in front!  grin grin
official my foot! the Nigerian Premier League is one of the crapiest in Africa. Where you dare not win away and where officials award penalty kicks instead of goal kicks for fear of their lives. Abegi tell me another tori. nonsense sad
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by Mastiano(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
It's indeed a good news, but the problem we're having right now is the administrative.
Hopefully in years to come it will get better and they will all sit up and do the right thing.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by feyisetan(m): 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2009
i think u are all being unfair to nigeria as nigerians how many of u have taking time to watch the league u r criticising or rate the quality of play.
ask the south-africans about our league and they will tell u its improving every season or check out the number of foreign plkayers in the league.

in egypt after ahly and zamalek what is the quality of the other teams in the league or outside of organisation can any clubside in south africa match any nigerian clubside look at the continent and see which country is taking over from the north africans.

and now that we have some beautiful artificial turf installed in most centers for nigeria 2009 the sky is the starting point for the NPL plus my darling team is back where they belong SHOOTING STARS of ibadan.

watch out for these fixtures

shooting-rangers
shooting-enyimba
kwara utd-shooting
dolphins-sharks, e.t.c.
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by hackney(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2009
If it's not high ranking in corruption,deceit and religious fanaticism then IT'S A LIE!!
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by efemiemman: 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2009
nigerian is one of the best plase i know so let work hand to hand to build nigerian up not to be saying africa is this africa is that ok what i know is nigeria is the best
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by akinalabi(m): 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2009
I think they came up with this according to the performance of
the teams in the champions league.

Aside that, our league is a shame.

Just imagine this. . .

At the end of last season, I went to see Shooting stars play Anambra
united at Adamasingba, Ibadan. Shooting's keeper got injured and
when the substitute keeper came in, the "outgoing" keeper had
to give him his gloves to use. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by novaman: 11:57pm On Aug 05, 2009
As a country we lack gud administrator but we have talents, those bad administrators & managers are the ones dragging us back that is why havin the best league or national team we'd still consider it nonsense because dis group of people don't do their job but the players are tryin. Even in Africa our player are everywhere. If only our futbol managers can do something about admin, marketing, packagin etc we'd be in the top 10, i saw the federation cup and some of u saw the match btw Enyimba vs Bayelsa and you will dat the problem is not wit the players but the managers. We only need to put some little effort and we are there

1 Like

Re: Its Official: Nigerian League Ranked Best In Africa (Ahead Of Egypt) by novaman: 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2009
As a country we lack gud administrator but we have talents, those bad administrators & managers are the ones dragging us back that is why havin the best league or national team we'd still consider it nonsense because dis group of people don't do their job but the players are tryin. Even in Africa our player are everywhere. If only our futbol managers can do something about admin, marketing, packagin etc we'd be in the top 10, i saw the federation cup and some of u saw the match btw Enyimba vs Bayelsa and you will dat the problem is not wit the players but the managers. We only need to put some little effort and we are there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Week 13 POOL FIXTURE / I Would Have Loved For Neymar To Return To Barca - Messi / Chess In Yoruba Language (Ayoo Seesi Ni Ede Y'ooba) By Jawolusi Oluwaseun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.