Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Good Women Exist - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good Women Exist (6461 Views)

Spirit Wives/husbands-do They Realy Exist.... / Advice Dad Forcing Me To Co Exist With My Said Half Brother / 13 Words That Do Not Exist In Your Nigerian Parents’ Vocabulary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Women Exist by cococandy(f): 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
bukatyne:

Beats her? Proud and non-caring?

Could it be that was how he saw his parents behave and he is not necessarily bad?

Is he a husband that believes in providing? Does he provide financially?
You can ask questions for Africa sha grin
Re: Good Women Exist by cococandy(f): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
OP what makes you think we care about your opinion on 'all' women?
If you had to meet one woman to reassure yourself that good women still exist, then the problem is you. Not the other women you've been meeting who you think are bad.

We are inundated with news of horrible things men do everyday. Rape, kill, ritual killings, robberies, violence, drugs, 419....to name a few.
Yet every sensible person knows that good men still exist (and many of them too).

You as a matter of fact have not questioned the existence of good men ever despite knowing that many men are capable of unspeakable horror. Yet you have the nerves to hold a prior opinion that good women are scarce. Joker.

Examine yourself well.

6 Likes

Re: Good Women Exist by efemenaslectura: 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
O my darling grin grin grin
cococandy:
If you had to meet one woman to reassure yourself that good women still exist, then the problem is you. Not the other women you've been meeting who you think are bad.

We are inundated with news of horrible things men do everyday. Rape, kill, ritual killings, robberies, violence, drugs, 419....to name a few.
Yet every sensible person knows that good men still exist (and many of them too).

You as a matter of fact have not questioned the existence of good men ever despite knowing that many men are capable of unspeakable horror. Yet you have the nerves to hold a prior opinion that good women are scarce. Joker.

Examine yourself well.
Re: Good Women Exist by Dcholeric: 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
crackhaus:
[size=30pt]SMH[/size]
I know the reason for shaking your head grin .
honesty I know and me too Dey suprise.

you go +, they go against.

you go -, they go against .

grin
Re: Good Women Exist by Dcholeric: 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
cococandy:

Examine yourself well.
what makes you think I give a sh* t about you .
it is my opinion and I don't recall asking you for validation.
rather than seek for my time, I think you need to.respect my opinion and mind yours .
"fowl" grin

examine yourself .

2 Likes

Re: Good Women Exist by crackhaus: 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
Dcholeric:

I know the reason for shaking your head grin .
honesty I know and me too Dey suprise .

you go +, they go against.
you go -, they go against .
grin
My brother I taya..
I honestly wanted to offer my own contribution on the matter, but after reading through the pages I nor con even know where or how to chook leg again. gringrin

There is a spirit in Nairaland...seriously.
Like some peeps really just need to stay off the site for a long time to detox and regain themselves completely... I TELL YOU! grin

2 Likes

Re: Good Women Exist by Marxxx: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
We all have different definitions of a good woman. These definitions depend on what you are really searching for in a woman....I am searching for my own type of good woman and the hunt is getting lipsrsealed
Re: Good Women Exist by cococandy(f): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
Dcholeric:

what makes you think I give a sh* t about you .
it is my opinion and I don't recall asking you for validation.
rather than seek for my time, I think you need to.respect my opinion and mind yours .
"fowl" grin

examine yourself .
Umm you're the one spouting rubbish about women. I'm a woman. That makes it my business.

Chicken angry

4 Likes

Re: Good Women Exist by cococandy(f): 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
efemenaslectura:
O my darling grin grin grin
Jux imagine dis OP cheesy
Re: Good Women Exist by armyofone(m): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2016
cheesy Don't give up. We are many wink
Make sure to redefine your own good woman to fit the reality of the day.

Marxxx:
We all have different definitions of a good woman. These definitions depend on what you are really searching for in a woman....I am searching for my own type of good woman and the hunt is getting lipsrsealed
Re: Good Women Exist by aforti(m): 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
Almost everyone has a demon inside them, they just need the right stimuli to ptobok that dekon, although some people have mastered ways of taming their demons. That being said everyone has a good on the they just need the right atmosphere to fully express that good. The measure of ones character as good or bad is totally subjective to the observer. What you term bad could be someone's ideal. Plus op you are terming this woman absolutely good just from words of her mouth, you forget ppl tend to show you what they want you yo see, live with them and observe them closely b4 you can asertain their true nature. Not just from a peripheral observation

2 Likes

Re: Good Women Exist by Marxxx: 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
armyofone:
cheesy Don't give up. We are many wink
Make sure to redefine your own good woman to fit the reality of the day.

your sense of humour is awesome..."to fit the reality of the day" pls elucidate...I couldn't grasp the phrase...
Re: Good Women Exist by dangotesmummy: 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
grin
cococandy:

grin

That was sambarry. Iya wura cool
aka efemenaslectura cool
Re: Good Women Exist by armyofone(m): 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
Mahalo smiley
I'm a gal of few words. Just look at it or read it deeply, do some ruminations and interpret it your own way cheesy.

Marxxx:
your sense of humour is awesome..."to fit the reality of the day" pls elucidate...I couldn't grasp the phrase...
Re: Good Women Exist by Marxxx: 10:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
armyofone:
Mahalo smiley
I'm a gal of few words. Just look at it or read it deeply, do some ruminations and interpret it your own way cheesy.

lol...you are very funny. Reminds me of a book I read in High school "He was a man of few words and a gentleman on the highway"...I have looked at it in 3D I think I have an inkling of what you meant..." A lady of few words"...how are you tonight?
Re: Good Women Exist by armyofone(m): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
I'm good and you...?

Marxxx:
lol...you are very funny. Reminds me of a book I read in High school "He was a man of few words and a gentleman on the highway"...I have looked at it in 3D I think I have an inkling of what you meant..." A lady of few words"...how are you tonight?
Re: Good Women Exist by Marxxx: 10:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
armyofone:
I'm good and you...?

I wish I could say the same...No Power No Pms...got 10ltrs for 8k yesterday...and today I couldn't find the black marketers...I had to leave the house and lodge somewhere
Re: Good Women Exist by Fkforyou(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
SAMBARRY:
ok cool
You only see what you want to see .... grin
Re: Good Women Exist by armyofone(m): 11:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
shocked praying for all to be well.

Marxxx:
I wish I could say the same...No Power No Pms...got 10ltrs for 8k yesterday...and today I couldn't find the black marketers...I had to leave the house and lodge somewhere
Re: Good Women Exist by Marxxx: 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
armyofone:
shocked praying for all to be well.

Why are you betraying sleep?
Re: Good Women Exist by Dcholeric: 12:33am On Apr 07, 2016
cococandy:

the only thing I imagine is you/frog.

frog please go to bed.

1 Like

Re: Good Women Exist by cococandy(f): 2:31am On Apr 07, 2016
Dcholeric:

the only thing I imagine is you/frog.

frog please go to bed.
toad

1 Like

Re: Good Women Exist by Ewuro4: 3:14am On Apr 07, 2016
aforti:
Almost everyone has a demon inside them, they just need the right stimuli to ptobok that dekon, although some people have mastered ways of taming their demons. That being said everyone has a good on the they just need the right atmosphere to fully express that good. The measure of ones character as good or bad is totally subjective to the observer. What you term bad could be someone's ideal.

Great submission.

Taming one's Demons is what people call a ticking time bomb. Humans need to learn the art of letting out their true emotions and let go of societal perception. Yes taming ones bad side is perfect for the optics but bad for your wellness.
Recently talking about breathing yoga with a friend as a way of letting off steam from everyday stess and dealing with life difficulties (such as dealing with some everyday & inavoidable and irrational people scattered on this God's green earth).

And what is bad to you may be my best option. So get that. Variety is the spice of Life.

And I so agree with Byvan03 , from marital perspective ; behind a virtuous woman is always a great and understanding man.

When a good person ( as majorly portrayed) is pushed to the wall, then you have a beast, hopefully these same people will defend her character to strangers then.

but that's not my business coz I won't take shait from anyone and it doesnt matter what strangers think. Children are watching and laying good example instead of embedding the art of being a doormat is a good option. Especially in this day and age.

Another angle is ; The problem we have as humans is what society think and how our character is portrayed. I attended a seminar and read inspirational books, but positivity seems to be the key ingredient and common attribute of bring a GOOD PERSON inside and out. what really matter is how you feel about yourself as human. Your positive self will automatically attract people's acceptance and approval of your character. People will get to know the real you through your positiveness.That's just it. Trying TOO hard is just a facade and fake.

When will spring sprung here

2 Likes

Re: Good Women Exist by Dcholeric: 8:07am On Apr 07, 2016
cococandy:
toad
e pain am grin

ok bye forever froggy.
Re: Good Women Exist by damiso(f): 10:35am On Apr 07, 2016
byvan03:

Only God knows who is pure in heart . The human hearts are deep waters, who can know it? No one really knows anyone, you only know what they want you to know and see what they want you see.

I totally agree with this..

The human heart is tooooo deep.

These days my prayer is to become pure in heart FIRST cos people may see me as good meanwhile the bitterness,jealousy and hate that resides in there is just being suppressed.

I believe there is some sort of good in everyone as well and try to look at that however 'goodness' is subjective. If you ask 100 people what they think a 'nice' person is you would probably get '100' answers with most placing 'how' the person treated or made them feel at the core of their judgement. That in itself is not bad ( I believe in treating people how you would want to be treated) however it just goes to show that 'perceptions' of 'being good' by others is not in itself the sole determninant that one is a 'good person'

Forgive my rambling cheesy
Re: Good Women Exist by byvan03: 10:42am On Apr 07, 2016
damiso:

I totally agree with this..

The human heart is tooooo deep.

These days my prayer is to become pure in heart FIRST cos people may see me as good meanwhile the bitterness,jealousy and hate that resides in there is just being suppressed.

Tooooo deep I tell you!
Re: Good Women Exist by byvan03: 10:44am On Apr 07, 2016
Ewuro4 on point!
Re: Good Women Exist by damiso(f): 10:53am On Apr 07, 2016
byvan03:

Tooooo deep I tell you!

let me share this personal story..

I generally see myself as a happy go lucky person and I can genuinely say that I cant think of one human being in this world that I hate. I could dislike your behaviour but I try not to waste my energy hating. I am happy when good things happen to others and try not to dwell too much on the negative aspect of other people behaviour.

A couple of months ago, a friend told me about something that she was about to do. In all honesty, said friend could be extravagant and tends to sometime spend above her means. I asked if she really needed this thing and if she felt it was a priority at this time and she did not listen to me and went ahead to get it. A few months down the line she ran into financial trouble and confided in me. I tried not to rub it in at the time and tried to be a supportive friend but you know what in my heart I felt justified embarassed embarassed embarassed In my heart I was saying 'when you don't listen to people nko ntoor see yourself now ' embarassed I said all the right things in front of her but my heart was saying something else( justified or not). Along the line I have shared those same thoughts in a non confrontational way but at the very moment when she was saying it my the natural human instinct of feeling 'right' came into play. At that point I appeared like a 'good' friend but my heart was saying otherwise. I have eventually shared what was in my heart but it cannot the change the fact that her 'perception' at that time was very different from what my heart was saying at the time.

That's why my sincere prayer is to be pure in heart. Even more so than what people 'percieve' me to be.

1 Like

Re: Good Women Exist by Mystiqme: 12:36am On Apr 08, 2016
Marxxx:
Why are you betraying sleep?

Hi, I sent you a PM. I will like to ask you some questions. Kindly respond. Thanks.
Re: Good Women Exist by byvan03: 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
damiso:

let me share this personal story..

I generally see myself as a happy go lucky person and I can genuinely say that I cant think of one human being in this world that I hate. I could dislike your behaviour but I try not to waste my energy hating. I am happy when good things happen to others and try not to dwell too much on the negative aspect of other people behaviour.

A couple of months ago, a friend told me about something that she was about to do. In all honesty, said friend could be extravagant and tends to sometime spend above her means. I asked if she really needed this thing and if she felt it was a priority at this time and she did not listen to me and went ahead to get it. A few months down the line she ran into financial trouble and confided in me. I tried not to rub it in at the time and tried to be a supportive friend but you know what in my heart I felt justified embarassed embarassed embarassed In my heart I was saying 'when you don't listen to people nko ntoor see yourself now ' embarassed I said all the right things in front of her but my heart was saying something else( justified or not). Along the line I have shared those same thoughts in a non confrontational way but at the very moment when she was saying it my the natural human instinct of feeling 'right' came into play. At that point I appeared like a 'good' friend but my heart was saying otherwise. I have eventually shared what was in my heart but it cannot the change the fact that her 'perception' at that time was very different from what my heart was saying at the time.

That's why my sincere prayer is to be pure in heart. Even more so than what people 'percieve' me to be.

Damiso I don't know if I responded to this before but I read it once again. This story is so like everyday human heart. Do you think humans can really defeat that " I told you so " part of us? E go hard mehn...
Re: Good Women Exist by Creamish(f): 12:27pm On Apr 12, 2016
PresVA:
Were you thinking good women don't exist? There are good women as well as good men....

I pity those who believe or allow the negative stuffs they read on nairaland to influence them..

..exactly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Name My Next Child "fabregas"! Please, What's Your Honest Opinion? / You Can Stop Your Husband's Extra-marital Affair / 10 Myths About Introverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.