Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira (5242 Views)

My Experience Using The Tecno Camon C9 + Few Spec And Official Price / Should I Buy Tecno Boom J8 Now Or Wait For Camon C9? / A Blogger’s Perspective: ‘tecno Boom J8 Is A Brilliant Smart Phone’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Annkorede: 9:56am On Apr 06, 2016
Tecno phones are actually smoothly priced, they are not too cost and are not too cheap but could say it is cheap tho but not too cheap

But to me this TECNO BOOM J8 seems to be too cheap

and with the fact that it is the first smart phone to come with the super HIOS

so what your own opinion on that??

NB: MATURED AND SENSIBLE REPLIES ONLY THANKS
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Minesota1(f): 10:06am On Apr 06, 2016
Slightly overpriced...cos d phones r actually good enough
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Annkorede: 10:12am On Apr 06, 2016
if you say they are good enough that means they are not over priced then

Minesota1:
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by BustScam: 10:31am On Apr 06, 2016
Minesota1:

Come to Papa Minesota1
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
Saying Tecno phones are overpriced is absolutely inaccurate
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Yorubago(f): 2:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
None of the above because they perform their necessary fumctions except you don't explore them...
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by JustCasual: 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
Matured and sensible reply only...Shhhhh
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by teelaweee(m): 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
Annkorede:
This a quick one, Please sensible replies only.

Are Tecno phones OVERPRICED or GROSSLY OVERPRICED

If yes explain and If no explain

no don't believe they are overpriced u should be talking of Samsung, iphone, Sony and HTC which only their flagship phones are good the others they make are wack
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by mrprezident007(m): 2:59am On Apr 07, 2016
TECNO phones are moderately priced and very affordable. It has pricess for all strata of Nigerians. But IPhone?? Lol
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by oginineme(f): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
mrprezident007:
TECNO phones are moderately priced and very affordable. It has pricess for all strata of Nigerians. But IPhone?? Lol
Can you define moderate please?
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by oginineme(f): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
Please those guys that say TECNO phones are not overpriced. Kindly get me that their new J8 and stand a chance of going on a date with me. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Africanman123(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
No time for dulling, some comments can be confusing.
JustCasual:
Matured and sensible reply only...Shhhhh
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Africanman123(m): 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
Please am I part of that your strata of a something
mrprezident007:
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by TheRevenant(m): 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
I think Tecno is having a mild identity - or if you like, positioning - crisis. For a long time, it was Tecno you bought when you can't afford a high-end Samsung or iPhone. But now, they seem to be pushing themselves into the flagship range of devices. The only problem is they are not producing flagship range of devices. Their Phantom (which I considered too expensive) was a flop. Moreover, it's difficult shaking off the 'phone-for-the-poor' brand off.

My mother, for instance, will smack upside the head if I told I bought a Tecno phone for 50K. "Are they doing you from our village?"

I think Infinix has taken their spot in that bottom of the pyramid. (Although, you should know that both Tecno and Infinix are under the same holding company). Their HOT Series has consistently thrown up surprises, the latest HOT 3 (check out the specs) is a real bargain for the money at N26,000 http://blog.vconnect.com/the-infinix-hot-3-is-here-buy-it-at-the-lowest-price/

I think I'll go for an Infinix any time. They also seem to make better hardware.

Anyway. Are Tecno phones o​verpriced? A thousand times YES.

5 Likes

Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by annacheem: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
Annkorede:

I don't think they are overpriced because they are a lot of crappy phones which cost more than tecno and people buy it
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by osenbarak: 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
Annkorede:

nope like the prices of their phones
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by ForeverNew(f): 11:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
So are they under priced?
TonyeBarcanista:
Saying Tecno phones are overpriced is absolutely inaccurate
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by ForeverNew(f): 11:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
So what will you say IPhone is not?
TheRevenant:
I think Tecno is having a mild identity - or if you like, positioning - crisis. For a long time, it was Tecno you bought when you can't afford a high-end Samsung or iPhone. But now, they seem to be pushing themselves into the flagship range of devices. The only problem is they are not producing flagship range of devices. Their Phantom (which I considered too expensive) was a flop. Moreover, it's difficult shaking off the 'phone-for-the-poor' brand off.

My mother, for instance, will smack upside the head if I told I bought a Tecno phone for 50K. "Are they doing you from our village?"

I think Infinix has taken their spot in that bottom of the pyramid. (Although, you should know that both Tecno and Infinix are under the same holding company). Their HOT Series has consistently thrown up surprises, the latest HOT 3 (check out the specs) is a real bargain for the money at N26,000 http://blog.vconnect.com/the-infinix-hot-3-is-here-buy-it-at-the-lowest-price/

I think I'll go for an Infinix any time. They also seem to make better hardware.

Anyway. Are Tecno phones o​verpriced? A thousand times YES.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:04am On Apr 08, 2016
ForeverNew:
So are they under priced?
my sister, that is a tricky one. considering the market tecno is focussed on, I would say the price is fair to the target when you put all variables into consideration.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Annkorede: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2016
LOL

see your mouth

am sure you in love with the boom j8

oginineme:
Please those guys that say TECNO phones are not overpriced. Kindly get me that their new J8 and stand a chance of going on a date with me. wink
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Godswillnwaoma(m): 9:22am On Apr 08, 2016
oginineme:
going on a date with you, hahahaha. What can you afford if not your toto? I hate girls that think that they are doing a guy favour by accepting to date, to hand out or to have sex with the guy. What errand nonsense.

Nne change your mentality.

1 Like

Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Annkorede: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
LOL

na fight??

shey shey you ask am out she no gree??

why you dey vex na
Godswillnwaoma:
going on a date with you, hahahaha. What can you afford if not your toto? I hate girls that think that they are doing a guy favour by accepting to date, to hand out or to have sex with the guy. What errand nonsense.

Nne change your mentality.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Xhaka(m): 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
They are not overpriced IMO
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Cliveglobal1(m): 11:58am On Apr 09, 2016
I think Tecno Phones are Moderately Priced like someone said Initially. They are those Range of Phones you get Because you can't Afford the Bigger ones like iPhone and the Rest.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Iceman296: 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
Cliveglobal1:
I think Tecno Phones are Moderately Priced like someone said Initially. They are those Range of Phones you get Because you can't Afford the Bigger ones like iPhone and the Rest.

Good Points, Judging from The Features their New Hi Tech Phones comes with, It's safe to even say they are even Underpriced.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by joseph214(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
Can u get a new 2gb ram tecno phone below 30k
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Cliveglobal1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
Iceman296:

Good Points, Judging from The Features their New Hi Tech Phones comes with, It's safe to even say they are even Underpriced.

Well, In this Economy. Getting a Phone Above 35k is Even Expensive. But there again Phone Like Tecno Givers Variety and Quality. Especially those who can't Afford those Super Expensive Ones.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Nwokoji1: 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

This can't be Entirely True, Especially when there are Lots of Options available In the Market. Pricing should be Determined by The Manufacturers when they consider the Cost of Production as Well Shipping them down here In Nigeria.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Cliveglobal1(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
Nwokoji1:

This can't be Entirely True, Especially when there are Lots of Options available In the Market. Pricing should be Determined by The Manufacturers when they consider the Cost of Production as Well Shipping them down here In Nigeria.

This still doesn't answer the Question If Tecno Phones are Underpriced or OverPriced. All Phone Manufacturers go through this Process you just Mentioned.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by MaryWest(f): 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
ForeverNew:
So what will you say IPhone is not?

your opinion.
methinks that both coys employ strategies that make their brands sell faster while we stay up here thinking up ways to defend or fight their priducts.

I used Phantom 5 for a bit and I don't understand what you mean by flop

my sister uses an infinix, the latest, I think.
and trust me when I say that the phone has its off days.

now whether phones are priced lower or higher, people need to understand that more oft, they are no just buying an object, but a brand personality (ask iPhone), so if it delivers for them, why not?!
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by MaryWest(f): 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
joseph214:
Can u get a new 2gb ram tecno phone below 30k

can you get a 64GB internal memory iPhone device below 100k?

just asking.

I don't use a Tecno phone at the moment.
my next stop would be infinix, but then enough is enough of this demarketing I read here and there pls.

if infinix works for you, go for it. if IPhone or Canon does, by all means, go for it.
simple.
Re: i kind of think the tecno boom j8 price is too cheap for 42000 naira by Love4phones: 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
MaryWest:

your opinion.
methinks that both coys employ strategies that make their brands sell faster while we stay up here thinking up ways to defend or fight their priducts.

I used Phantom 5 for a bit and I don't understand what you mean by flop

my sister uses an infinix, the latest, I think.
and trust me when I say that the phone has its off days.

now whether phones are priced lower or higher, people need to understand that more oft, they are no just buying an object, but a brand
personality (ask iPhone), so if it delivers for them, why not?!
its not just about selling brands but ensuring continued patronage and loyalty, choose a phone that not only treats you as a consumer but also an individual...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Now The Most Reliable SME Data Seller On Nairaland? / ICloud Removal Price Drops.Call/chat +2348033955343 / Quality Memory Cards Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.