Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 (26292 Views)

Photos Of Bukola Saraki At CCT Today / ​ CCT Trial: We’ll Swim And Sink With Saraki – Senators / Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by freshtrouble: 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
oga SEUN your anti post spam has banned me on a post which i made on my moniker schumastic...please i would like you to review it cus i believe is a mistake from the mod since i didn't do anything wrong..just a simple comment i made angry thanks
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by miqos02(m): 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
ok
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by shaqhead: 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
shugaboy6102:
In as much as i don't like this guy one question that Needs to be asked is of all the past Governors we have had in Nigeria why is the CCB just only on his case.Pls corruption should be for all lotters and not for just a select few.
Or we shd let him go abi?

This flawed logic from folks like u beats common sense black and blue!

How does the fact that others who are not docked yet justify Saraki?

If it was a PDP fela, u and ur co-travellers will say witchhunting or persecution!

Since its an APC fella, u now say, ah, is he the only one?
Ofcourse he isnt, but there is akways one to set a precedent with!

So chill and watch the unfolding drama!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by KaptaynKush: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
Chukwudi44 and all APC zombies [url= http://www.mactizzyblog.com/2016/04/sins-of-president-buhari.html] Read this[/url]
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by swagzofroyalty(m): 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
midolian:
Senate President Bukola Saraki has arrived at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) where his trial for alleged false declaration of assets continues.

He arrived at 10:05am in company of at least 12 senators.

Some of the senators are Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president; Sam Anyanwu, Dino Melaye and Andy Uba.

This is the lowest number of senators to accompany him to the CCT since the beginning of his case in September 2015  – the highest being 81.

In addition, this is the second day of his trial which started on Tuesday.

Although, this is the eighth time the senate president will appear at the CCT, his trial actually started on Tuesday.

The first time was on September 22, 2015 after the tribunal had issued a bench warrant for his arrest. He was accompanied to the tribunal by at least 50 senators on that day.

On the same day, he entered the dock, but he pleaded not guilty to 13 counts of false declaration of assets brought against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

The second time was on October 21, 2015 when he was accompanied to the tribunal by at least 81 senators.

And the third time was on November 5, 2015, when his lawyers  –Joseph Daodu and Mahmud Magaji  – withdrew from the case in protest of the decision of the tribunal to continue the matter despite an appeal against the constitution and jurisdiction of the tribunal at the supreme court.

The fourth time was on March 11, after the ruling of the supreme court upholding the jurisdiction of the tribunal to try him while the fifth time was on March 18 when an application to stop his trial was heard.

The sixth time was on March 24 when the tribunal ruled that his trial must continue.

The seventh time was April 5 when the prosecution called its first witness, who narrated how Saraki allegedly laundered billions of naira using fictitious names.

The senate president had gone the whole hog to challenge his trial at the CCT, but he failed at every turn.

On February 5, the apex court dismissed an appeal to stop his trial paving the way for the continuation of the case at the CCT.

On Tuesday, Danladi Umar, chairman of the CCT, dismissed Saraki’s application for adjournment.

Ruling on the application, Umar held that the issue of jurisdiction of the tribunal had already been settled by the supreme court, adding that a motion for adjournment based on an appeal challenging the jurisdiction of the tribunal at the appeal court was unnecessary.

He, therefore, ordered the prosecution to produce its witnesses, and the trial commenced.

https://www.thecable.ng/sarakis-senators-cct-shrink-81-12

One by one, they don dey go
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by defash8: 1:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
Saraki is Senate & Senate is Saraki, anybody who want same number as the begining is just deceiving himself. Senate need a leader like Saraki & not stooge.
People are talking as if he stole more than Tinubu, Atiku & Others walking free now. Show me one governor either past or present that did not touch our commonwealth. Enough of prosecuting Saraki for the same offence all politicians are guilty of including Buhari that was sponsored with stolen money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by bashman004: 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
A visit to Ilorin metropolis right now will show you there's anxiety in the city.
policemen have been drafted to different strategic places in the city maybe forestall the breakdown of law and order.
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by Kennydoc(m): 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
Nwannem, let us stop crying more than the bereaved. Saraki's people in Kwara state are against him but na we Igbos carry Saraki mata for head. Who saraki don help for Alaigbo. We Igbos should stop disgracing our tribe with the way we always support corruption

Nwoke m mechie ọnụ gị ebe afụ. I bụghị onye Igbo ma ncha. Onye ka ị che na ị ga-aghọlị? Ka m jụọ gị, gịnị ka nwa eze pụtara n'asụsụ Igbo, ma ọ bụrụ na ị sị na ị bụ onye Igbo? Gini kwa ka cheta pụtara?
Ana m eche gị ka ị nye m osịsa ajụjụ m a.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by Rexnegro(m): 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
shugaboy6102:
In as much as i don't like this guy one question that Needs to be asked is of all the past Governors we have had in Nigeria why is the CCB just only on his case.Pls corruption should be for all lotters and not for just a select few.
when You betray Your people for Your own selfish interest this is what You get....then oh it's not witch hunting pdp members alone again now it's Why only saraki of all past governors? guy be chill Why You See what betrayal can cause.... Panama papers is still There o
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by orakao8: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
TRUE TALK cool
defash8:
Saraki is Senate & Senate is Saraki, anybody who want same number as the begining is just deceiving himself. Senate need a leader like Saraki & not stooge.
People are talking as if he stole more than Tinubu, Atiku & Others walking free now. Show me one governor either past or present that did not touch our commonwealth. Enough of prosecuting Saraki for the same offence all politicians are guilty of including Buhari that was sponsored with stolen money.
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by Worksunlimited: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
Ndigbo why are we the only one supporting Saraki? Even his people in Kwara state have opposed him, but we Igbos are the only one still supporting him shamelessly.

Nna! Money is involved, okwaya!?
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by Gayigaskia(m): 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
shugaboy6102:

Not true at all , many oustanding cases are being reopen currently.Cases against Ahmed Sani Yerima of Zamfara, Joshua Dariye Plateau, Bafarawa of Sokoto and many others are going to come alive. All the old EFCC cases are being examined, it is just too much work at once.
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by shugaboy6102(m): 2:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
shaqhead:

Or we shd let him go abi?

This flawed logic from folks like u beats common sense black and blue!

How does the fact that others who are not docked yet justify Saraki?

If it was a PDP fela, u and ur co-travellers will say witchhunting or persecution!

Since its an APC fella, u now say, ah, is he the only one?
Ofcourse he isnt, but there is akways one to set a precedent with!

So chill and watch the unfolding drama!

guy i never justified he's action.a corrupt man is corrupt all i said was that the ccb should also spread its nets to get other defalters.what do u mean u and ur pdp co travellers did i tell u i belong to any party?who PDp and APC don help
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by shugaboy6102(m): 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
Gayigaskia:

Not true at all , many oustanding cases are being reopen currently.Cases against Ahmed Sani Yerima of Zamfara, Joshua Dariye Plateau, Bafarawa of Sokoto and many others are going to come alive. All the old EFCC cases are being examined, it is just too much work at once.
thanks for your matured response.good to know and be enlightened
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by shugaboy6102(m): 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
Abeyjide:

one after the other my brother.
I hope so
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by 36STATES: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
Ndigbo why are we the only one supporting Saraki? Even his people in Kwara state have opposed him, but we Igbos are the only one still supporting him shamelessly.

You're not Igbo. If you are Igbo you will understand that we don't do things in halves. If we have your back,...we have your back.
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by isaacsegun(m): 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
guideman:
Since the CCT has reversed itself on Bola Tinubu's case, why is it that Bola Tinubu has not been arrested and retried since justice was miscarried. The whole thing is becoming dramatic and interesting. Good for nollywood script.

a case (of thesame content)that has been finalise up to supreme Court can not be revisit again in any court of law,that is y tinubu's case can not b revisit
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by DaBullIT(m): 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:

Your question is good for physical communication

But NL , it's Rhetoric

They supported Oduah, They supported Tompolo , They supported GEJ , They just love corruption , that's it

When Falae was abducted , some so called elders threatened rubbish, almost immediately the Youths (Yoruba) also issued a statement , OYO , on your own

Then when Falae was released and we heard he had collected bribes too , nobody peeped , we all said Na God catch am

Dasuki was in trouble , nobody protested in the North , not a peep from anyone

But In Nigeria , Malay, France, Turkey , everywhere you see people protesting for corrupt people

My point being a few like you know the truth and are willing to say it , but majority just want their brothers who have done nothing for them to go scot free
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2016
You are NOT IGBO.

ChetaNwaeze:
Nwannem, let us stop crying more than the bereaved. Saraki's people in Kwara state are against him but na we Igbos carry Saraki mata for head. Who saraki don help for Alaigbo. We Igbos should stop disgracing our tribe with the way we always support corruption
Re: Saraki’s Senators’ At CCT Shrink From 81 To 12 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
In Nigeria where all govt systems have become messed up.....Corruption is a sort of redistribution of income. Now NE r chopping...SS SE don chop, SW don also chop.

DaBullIT:

Your question is good for physical communication

But NL , it's Rhetoric

They supported Oduah, They supported Tompolo , They supported GEJ , They just love corruption , that's it

When Falae was abducted , some so called elders threatened rubbish, almost immediately the Youths (Yoruba) also issued a statement , OYO , on your own

Then when Falae was released and we heard he had collected bribes too , nobody peeped , we all said Na God catch am

Dasuki was in trouble , nobody protested in the North , not a peep from anyone

But In Nigeria , Malay, France, Turkey , everywhere you see people protesting for corrupt people

My point being a few like you know the truth and are willing to say it , but majority just want their brothers who have done nothing for them to go scot free

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Blames FG For The Death Of His Mother / 5 Questions Nigerians Want Amanpour To Ask Buhari / General Buhari With Col Hammed Ali in 80's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.