Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News (9893 Views)

New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald / Save The Unlawfully Detained Nigerian In Ukraine / Ibb Pleaded With Saudis To Release A Detained Nigerian Islamic Extremist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Abuzola(m): 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2009
Look at how they riddled teens with bullet and killing the leader in custody, they use preponderate force. We the arewa boys expect no mercy on MEND after the amnesty deadline otherwise yawa go gas !
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2009
Abuzola:

Look at how they riddled teens with bullet and killing the leader in custody, they use preponderate force. We the arewa boys expect no mercy on MEND after the amnesty deadline otherwise yawa go gas !

why? na your oil? abeg go and sit down! Lazy scum of the earth.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by sosisi(f): 11:51pm On Jul 30, 2009
davidylan:

why? na your oil? abeg go and sit down! Lazy scum of the earth.

Have you noticed how abuzola is so incoherent in some of his posts and at some other times,he writes beautifully.
There are several people using that moniker.
There is the somewhat intellligent abuzola and then the classic almajiri we all love
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by alias64: 11:59pm On Jul 30, 2009
[b]Jees it’s more like a village hut in here than Nairaland, with old men mumbling rubbish in the twilight. one minute, you guys argue that the military weren’t moving fast enough or killing enough Northerners  unlike in the delta but now that the military has massacred these Islamic zealots you all turn around and moan that its is a plot to prepare the ground to massacre deltans.

The way I see it, there are two causes here for which I have sympathy but have doubt about the real intention of the people doing the crusading. Firstly, Delta state has been exploited and damaged environmentally, and its cause needs championing but I do not believe the current people in the bush are helping anyone but their bank balance.  Secondly, these Buko Haram people have a point about western education. There is a huge debate to be had about the real effect of western education on the third world but these Buko Haram people are not interested in that debate they are more interested in the wider militant Islam movement.

This is all tragic but I fear the military has no alternative but to do what it is doing.

And in the name of whatever omnipotent being you worship stop hounding the northerners----
[/b]
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by oloyeagba1: 12:00am On Jul 31, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Who are they fooling?
Let them show us his corpse, we have see the corpse of innocent kids on the road, let them show us his.

Why don't you carry bus go Maiduguri abi you no know the road? Olóṣì.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Beaf: 12:11am On Jul 31, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Now there is good enough reason and example to "wipe off" any village/community in the Niger Delta even at the slightest provocation.

You are a fool. There really is no reason for Nigeria to remain a nation.
Maybe you are suggesting that Maiduguri, maybe even all the Northern states that were affected be wiped out? Bastard, does that sound sensible?
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by adamabdul: 6:34am On Jul 31, 2009
@Richyblack
From your comment i think you don't know these people.I am a muslim and i am currently in maiduguri and everybody is happy that these people have been destroyed.These people are not chanting western education is a sin they are as well threatenin to kill anybody who is into western education.
The media has been writing that hundreds of them were killed,why are they not saying that once anybody that belongs to the goverment(police,soldiers,civil servants) is caught by these terrorist is slaughtered the way an animal(ram,sheep,goat) is slaughtered.
Please do not justify the action of these people because they are not even considered muslims by real muslims.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Tsiya(m): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2009
adamabdul:

@Richyblack
From your comment i think you don't know these people.I am a muslim and i am currently in maiduguri and everybody is happy that these people have been destroyed.These people are not chanting western education is a sin they are as well threatenin to kill anybody who is into western education.
The media has been writing that hundreds of them were killed,why are they not saying that once anybody that belongs to the goverment(police,soldiers,civil servants) is caught by these terrorist is slaughtered the way an animal(ram,sheep,goat) is slaughtered.
Please do not justify the action of these people because they are not even considered muslims by real muslims.

Now I hav problem with you. If you leave in Maiduguri tell me what was the effort your government, the rich people in Maiduguri have done over time to eradicate poverty, provide the basic islamic and western education for most of the people. Is it not Maiduguri that we have Indimi and Mai Daribe (whatever the names are pronounced) that are damn rich but have not contributed a single KOBO to the emancipation of poor people. Rather, they build obsence gold plated houses?

The problem of this BOKO HARAM have nothing to do with their religious affiliation. Most of these hve not provided with education, some have gone to the university because of the classical nigerian university lecturers, some have withdrawn.

Can anyone tell me the policy of the Federal/State Government on Education? Isnt it BOKO HARAM for the poor people? Public Primary and Secondary Schools are like concentration camps. I hav taught in a Primary school in Bauchi, in Dutsen Tanshi Primary School, there is an average of 120 pupils per class. The secondary schools are an average of 150 students per class. 95% of these students have no chance of getting anywhere close to university apart from being a YARO BOY. Im the only person in my primary school class that went beyond secondary education. Not because the rest dont want to, but because they have no means. The government hav abandoned people to the wolf, and when the turn wild, the government come and kill them.

This is just the beginning, unless justice is done for the majority poor people, this cycle will continue.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Gbawe: 7:13am On Jul 31, 2009
The leader of Boko Haram , if getting to the masterminds is the ultimate aim , should not have been killed so quickly in custody before anyone could question him over the involvement of others. Folks who follow this uprising tenaciously will have noted that certain things are 'dodgy'.

This is a man campaigning against Western lifestyle and education yet his life is more a testimony to Western ideals than Islamic austerity. the man had cable TV ,canned and processed food, modern appliances and conveniences, etc  in his home and used 4 x 4 vehicles  in a blatant display of classic and ulterior motive led pseudo-fundamentalism aimed at causing general chaos by exploiting the volatility of the ignorant and uninformed . This man , from studying the details , is not fundamental or a strict adherent to the tenets he preached about.

I think he is a cheap prostitute used by bigger forces to forment chaos. The Masterminds pulling his strings may have ordered his killing because , ordinarily ,  security operatives should not kill an unarmed man in captivity .
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by RichyBlacK(m): 7:16am On Jul 31, 2009
adamabdul:

@Richyblack
From your comment i think you don't know these people.I am a muslim and i am currently in maiduguri  and everybody is happy that these people have been destroyed.These people are not chanting western education is a sin they are as well threatenin to kill anybody who is into western education.

You may need to check the meaning of the word "justified" before typing next time. I never "justified" their actions.

Since you did not understand my post, let me reiterate my point by itemizing them:

1. The rule of law should always be applied.
2. It is a crime for any element of the Nigerian Police Force to summarily execute a civilian who has surrendered to the NPF.
3. A person in custody should be allowed legal due process and not murdered in custody.
4. Only the courts can decide the fate of an accused person, not the police.

Unfortunately, the rate of illiteracy is very high in Nigeria, and even members of the NPF do not understand the limits of their duties in enforcing the law.

Many may jubilate today about the cowardly and dastardly act of the NPF murdering a civilian in cold-blood, but tomorrow will cry foul when the same misguided NPF go to their village and kill innocent civilians, all in the name of restoring law and order.

Had the zombie NPF been doing their job effectively over the period of six decades that illiterate Muslim youths in Northern Nigeria have been used to kill Christians and civilians from Southern Nigeria, thousands of those devils would have been arrested and prosecuted. But the zombie NPF encouraged the hooligans for decades, and today those they "trained" turned around to attack them! This turn around is what has shocked the zombie NPF and made them react so callously as to murder an unarmed civilian in their custody! Shame on the Nigerian Police Force!!!

The cold-blooded murder of Mohammed Yusuf in the custody of the NPF cannot be justified. Flagrant disregard for the rule of law by those who are supposed to uphold the law only bolsters those bent on breaking the law.

Why is it so difficult for the NPF to abide by the laws they are supposed to be enforcing?
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by rhymz(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2009
The problem with this government is that it does't ve a mind of her own,most of her decisions especially towards militancy ve been greatly influenced by the Northern oligarchy.
I also see reasons with d guy that is insinuating that killing the members of the sect and thier leader was a kind of prelude to the FG's plan towardz hesitant militants in the niger delta after the expiration of the thoughtless armnesty.
Both our millitary and police forces re very inefficient,they re only good at quick fixes,they give the FG a false impression of being control of suituations only to be dazed days later.Killing the sect leader has taken the opportunity away of knowing the sponsors of this sect,both internally and externally,what if this sect is an affiliate of a terrorist group in the middle east,forget the braggadocio of our forces we all know they re not capable of serious millitary intelligence or even controlling our borders.How come the sect boasts of intellectuals,i mean according to reports,the sect leader himself is an intellectual who's vast knowlodge abt west education,there were other intellectuals there too from jobless university grads to university lecturers,what do they find appealing about the sect?It's reported that this sect has been in existence since 2003,how the FG knew about them and did nothing until after they were able to ve networks white wash more converts.But we will never know cos the FG and the northern oligarchy have made sure we never know.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by RichyBlacK(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2009
Tsiya:

Now I hav problem with you. If you leave in Maiduguri tell me what was the effort your government, the rich people in Maiduguri have done over time to eradicate poverty, provide the basic islamic and western education for most of the people. Is it not Maiduguri that we have Indimi and Mai Daribe (whatever the names are pronounced) that are damn rich but have not contributed a single KOBO to the emancipation of poor people. Rather, they build obsence gold plated houses?

The problem of this BOKO HARAM have nothing to do with their religious affiliation. Most of these hve not provided with education, some have gone to the university because of the classical nigerian university lecturers, some have withdrawn.

Can anyone tell me the policy of the Federal/State Government on Education? Isnt it BOKO HARAM for the poor people? Public Primary and Secondary Schools are like concentration camps. I hav taught in a Primary school in Bauchi, in Dutsen Tanshi Primary School, there is an average of 120 pupils per class. The secondary schools are an average of 150 students per class. 95% of these students have no chance of getting anywhere close to university apart from being a YARO BOY. Im the only person in my primary school class that went beyond secondary education. Not because the rest dont want to, but because they have no means. The government hav abandoned people to the wolf, and when the turn wild, the government come and kill them.

This is just the beginning, unless justice is  done for the majority poor people, this cycle will continue.

Correct words.

The Nigerian government is shamelessly useless! The youths are abandoned and hope is squeezed from their minds. Nothing is done to alleviate the suffering of the poor.

This is not about religion. The Nigerian government is known to use its killing machines - the Nigerian Police Force and the Nigerian Army - to kill civilians, whenever they please. Was Odi inhabited by the Taliban? Was Kalakuta Republic, destroyed by zombies in uniform, inhabited by religious extremists?

The Nigerian Police Force and the Nigerian Army, have a long history of disregarding the law and murdering civilians. It is this state-sponsored terrorism on the Nigerian populace, from Zaki Biam to Lagos, from Onitsha to Odi, from Port-Harcourt to Maiduguri, and the concomitant ineptitude of security and law enforcement apparatus in Nigeria, that must be blamed for most, if not all, of the social upheavals in Nigeria.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by RichyBlacK(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2009
rhymz:

The problem with this government is that it does't ve a mind of her own,most of her decisions especially towards militancy ve been greatly influenced by the Northern oligarchy.
I also see reasons with d guy that is insinuating that killing the members of the sect and thier leader was a kind of prelude to the FG's plan towardz hesitant militants in the niger delta after the expiration of the thoughtless armnesty.
Both our millitary and police forces re very inefficient,they re only good at quick fixes,they give the FG a false impression of being control of suituations only to be dazed days later.Killing the sect leader has taken the opportunity away of knowing the sponsors of this sect,both internally and externally,what if this sect is an affiliate of a terrorist group in the middle east,forget the braggadocio of our forces we all know they re not capable of serious millitary intelligence or even controlling our borders.How come the sect boasts of intellectuals,i mean according to reports,the sect leader himself is an intellectual who's vast knowlodge abt west education,there were other intellectuals there too from jobless university grads to university lecturers,what do they find appealing about the sect?It's reported that this sect has been in existence since 2003,how the FG knew about them and did nothing until after they were able to ve networks white wash more converts.But we will never know cos the FG and the northern oligarchy have made sure we never know.

I couldn't agree more.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Tudor6(f): 7:42am On Jul 31, 2009
It's actually good news. . .
Just imagine if asari dokubo or Henry Okah had been gunned down immediately after capture. . .we wouldn't have MEND and co. Holding the nation hostage for their release.

If mohammad yusuf had been in custody, sooner than later Boko Haram would wreak havoc asking for his release and amnesty. This will make him into some sort of victimized hero for islam and more aboki idiots would be tempted to join his movment. Due to the redundancy of the army and police yara'mumu would have no choice than to oblige.
The longer yusuf mohammed is in custody the harder it'll be to silence him, better now when the rage and anger is fresh than never!
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by RichyBlacK(m): 7:46am On Jul 31, 2009
Tudór:

It's actually good news. . .
Just imagine if asari dokubo or Henry Okah had been gunned down immediately after capture. . .we wouldn't have MEND and co. Holding the nation hostage for their release.

If mohammad yusuf had been in custody, sooner than later Boko Haram would wreak havoc asking for his release and amnesty. This will make him into some sort of victimized hero for islam and more aboki idiots would be tempted to join his movment. Due to the redundancy of the army and police yara'mumu would have no choice than to oblige.
The longer yusuf mohammed is in custody the harder it'll be to silence him, better now when the rage and anger is fresh than never!

But disregarding the rule of law should not be an option for those given the authority to enforce the law.

Tomorrow, they'll go to another village and massacre everybody!

Why? They're all terrorists!
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Tudor6(f): 7:50am On Jul 31, 2009
Yes, But The govt should be able to waive the rule of law to protect national security.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by RichyBlacK(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2009
Tudór:

Yes, But The govt should be able to waive the rule of law to protect national security.

Classic George Bush!

Nope, prosecuting Mohammed Yusuf would have strengthened the concept of "due process" in Nigeria and put more faith in our judicial system. This foolishness by the NPF will cost Nigeria more innocent lives:

1. The NPF will kill innocent civilians with greater impunity.
2. Radical groups will plan better, train harder and fight longer next time.

These possibilities are not good for Nigeria.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Mublock90: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2009
The man doesn't receive mass support in the North thats a fact! but killing him just makes things more ambiguous , nevertheless the Nigerian forces reacted well considering the Number of the terrorists so wipe em out and then When the Niger delta terrorists break their ceasefire , Finish them to! grin
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by CrudeOil2(m): 8:34am On Jul 31, 2009
a welcome development.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Tudor6(f): 8:39am On Jul 31, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Classic George Bush!

Nope, prosecuting Mohammed Yusuf would have strengthened the concept of "due process" in Nigeria and put more faith in our judicial system. This foolishness by the NPF will cost Nigeria more innocent lives:

What has the "due process" prosecution of terrorist leaders like henry okah and Dokubo asari acheived?

1. The NPF still kills people with even greater impunity
2. Militants are ever stronger and keep planning long and sophisticated attacks, even expanding to lagos.
3. The terrorists are walking free today in the name of amnesty.

These realities aren't good for nigeria either.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2009
Like I said. This is an entirely different issue. Its not just some militants fighting for Sharia.
Its deeper than you can ever imagine. Dont get fed with the rubbish been posted on the news by the Nigerian Police and Northern Politicians.
And thumbs up to the anti-muslims experts who were so smart and sagacious enough to call all the moslems of the world terrorists. Thats some great deal of insight y'all display.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by adamabdul: 9:12am On Jul 31, 2009
@Tsiya
You are talkin of the Indimi's and the Deribe's,these are business men who strugled to make it.
Thousands of bags of food,a laboratory where bomb is made,and a lot of money has been recovered from the place they stay.
Their leader Mallam Muhammad yusuf is one of the rich,he has alot of luxury cars and he is livin the life of a king.Why won't they use the money for their laboratory,magazines,and a lot of things they have for the betterment of their life
@Richy
now i understand what you mean.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by texazzpete(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Correct words.

The Nigerian government is shamelessly useless! The youths are abandoned and hope is squeezed from their minds. Nothing is done to alleviate the suffering of the poor.

This is not about religion. The Nigerian government is known to use its killing machines - the Nigerian Police Force and the Nigerian Army - to kill civilians, whenever they please. Was Odi inhabited by the Taliban? Was Kalakuta Republic, destroyed by zombies in uniform, inhabited by religious extremists?

The Nigerian Police Force and the Nigerian Army, have a long history of disregarding the law and murdering civilians. It is this state-sponsored terrorism on the Nigerian populace, from Zaki Biam to Lagos, from Onitsha to Odi, from Port-Harcourt to Maiduguri, and the concomitant ineptitude of security and law enforcement apparatus in Nigeria, that must be blamed for most, if not all, of the social upheavals in Nigeria.

Yeah right. Four innocent civillians were killed by MEND in the Atlas Cove attack, the same MEND you wholeheartedly support. When you throw in the tens of innocents killed by MEND proxies like ateke tom and the civillians routinely killed during MEND operations you have to wonder at your hypocrisy for supporting this group while condemning the Nigerian Army.
When the video purportedly showing Nigerian soldiers killing two fishermen in Bonny emerged, you responded fervently raining down curses on the Nigerian Army. Why was your response to the deaths of the four civillians in Atlas Cove much more muted? Aren't all human beings supposed to be equal?

Last week MEND announced that 'oil workers and their families will now be targeted'. Families.  Does that word not sink into your skull? Where's the moral justification to pontificate about how evil the Nigerian Army is while you shamelessly throw your lot in with miscreants?

i'm now firmly in support of resource control, or at least an increase in Oil derivation to 50%. But i at least know not to place a halo over the heads of these people.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by otokx(m): 9:20am On Jul 31, 2009
they say the man was killed in a shoot out so case closed.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2009
otokx
"they say the man was killed in a shoot out so case closed."

Thats a dumb thing to believe, for someone who has brains I suppose (Not that the brain of an average Nigerian is really free from the chains of bias, bigotry, and racism).
How can someone in detention be killed in a shoot-out? And you foolishly believe that?
You mean you were there? Or you believe those criminals called the Nigerian Police?
The average Nigerian man if given the chance could shoot a police if we have guns like Americans simply because of their destructive and hateful doings.
This isn't about religion. Even if you so deeply have this baseless and stupid fear for moslems, Religion is just a convenient excuse you use in labelling people you never understand. The people recently killed in Lagos by MEND debate is quietly swept under the rug because it wasnt done by some ragtag armies who wanted sharia, and not even one proeminent member of the Ijaws, or any politicians over there offered their apology and sympathy to Lagosians and those who lost their families.
You had better shut up if you have nothing insightful to profer.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by nex(m): 9:33am On Jul 31, 2009
You mean a shoot-in.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2009
You a smart dude Nex.
Sounds like a shoot in.
When the Nigerian police/Politicians are entangled in some big dirty shit thats about to blow out, they do all they can to suppress and kill anyone who could reveal it. Like I said: this is strictly a political mess, and the police are a big part of it. Its either they've been paid, and needed to get the job done before they get dragged into this. Because, an average moslem doesnt so shallowly to declair Sharia within any country.
Its a shame the entire Nigerian papers are buying this rubbish hook line,
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by bootycall(f): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2009
Nigerians like treating symptoms and ignore dealing with causative agent or virus.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Gbawe: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Classic George Bush!

Probably true. Every nations armed forces , and under certain circumstances , will carry out 'expedient' summary executions. It seemed , for example , that the US Army , under Dubya's intructions, summarily executed Saddam's sons - Uday and Qusay. Has the executions of America's percieved enemies in Iraq , to include Saddam himself , strenghtened Law and order or made the World safer ? No is the resounding answer.

If anything the American misadventure in Iraq has shown that fatal force must be executed with caution with the greater mission of securing future peaceful coexistence rather than further endagering the chances of man to live at peace with other men.

Due proccess , and indeed "rule of law" , would have been strenghtened with the prosecution of the Boko Haram leader but my personal suspicion is that he is sponsored by those very high up in keeping with the tradition of our political leaders recourse to violence to distract and confuse the populace in the pursuance of their own personal interest. He would not have made it to trial when his sponsors could be anyone from State Governors to those higher up. In Nigeria today it is criminals who are now prosecuting other criminals.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by biditordue: 10:19am On Jul 31, 2009
Sister, you are saying the real thing that is happening and going to happen

BIDI

Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by otokx(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2009
@ aasog

the statement that he was killed in a shoot out by the military is supposed to replace the earlier information that he was killed in custody by the police. It is wrong for a suspect to be killed in detention, but if the suspect resists arrest in the conflict area and goes on to shoot at the soldiers then the soldiers have a right of defense which is what this new information is trying to say. A dead man cannot speak to tell us who or were he was killed so lets accept this last information as the correct one at this time unless of course more information is released that shows he actually went into the police station alive and was later murdered.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by biola44: 10:47am On Jul 31, 2009
i still think its a white lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uduaghan’s Convoy In Ghastly Accident At Ibusa Asaba-Ughelli Expressway / PDP Needs To Apologize For Allowing APC Take Over Power – Fani-kayode / Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.