Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG (26504 Views)

No Going Back On Ekpeyong, Oke’s Arrest, Says Magu / No Going Back On Magu’s Rejection – Senators / Al-Makura: Salary Cut, No Going Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by blackpanda: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nbote:

So in otherwords our refineries are now fully functional abi... What exactly are the structures put in place by the govt and what concerted efforts have been made?? Our refineries are fully functional today, non-functional tomorrow, partly functional d nxt. Jus a couple of days ago d govt claimed it neva removed subsidy and have started payments and today dis? Must u ppl find a way to celebrate confusion everytime?? It's even more disgusting some of U resort to insults wen valid arguments are raised. These zombies are really d problem of dis country.

Stop telling lies! Subsidy is out.....these pathetic wailers are their own problem!
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by saintkel(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
dokunbam:
Source

I believe their decision is for a good cause and to rid the sector of corruption.

The Jonathan's government of corruption abi?

Then stealing wasn't corruption that's what he said

Your GEJ that has corruption written all over him. You guys no dey use brain sha. He and his cohorts would have embezzled money saved from subsidy removal as usual.

What I know is PMB will not be as careless and useless as GEJ

Haa

Now it's story abi.

Instead of you guys to cover your faces in shame. wailers.

cheesy

I hate it wen one can't b stable, u keep answering questions with questions
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by sLentlover7778(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
During GEJ time, apc said subsidy is a scam. What do we call it now during PMB time??
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by banio: 12:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
bejeiodus:
Government should hands-off the oil sector and leave market forces to determine the price. We would not be in the fuel crisis we are today if the federal government has not continued to overly superintend the oil industry.

Nigeria greedy politicians will never hands off. That's a very easy and quick way to make money.
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by COMPAQ(m): 1:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
So if FG no longer intends to subsidise PMS, it should go to the next step and fully deregulate and open up the sector for anyone to bring in product and sell, or better still set up refinery cos importing the product still consumes our scarce forex

Or maybe we bear this brunt until Dangote refinery opens in 2018?
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by Nbote(m): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
blackpanda:

Stop telling lies! Subsidy is out.....these pathetic wailers are their own problem!
Except u want me to believe d govt is now wailing... What alternate universe do some of U guys live in for Christ's sake U still didn't ansa my questions and I really didn't expect u to but make excuses and cite the past administration for the present challenges.
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
blackpanda:

Stop talking with bias and pretending to be after Nigeria's development. was there any apc during the 2012 campaign to remove subsidy This is just 10months into a new administration and already we have achieved what gej couldn't achieve in his 6yrs!
you guys no get shame sha, that is why Nigeria will remain like this for years , no light, no fuel, no water, no budget for almost a year. I hail una
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
olujastro:
It's very unfortunate that Nigerians are acting unlearned. Having read to the 3rd page, I realized no one noticed d headline was misleading and totally different from the story. Everyone is just busy bashing the FG on removing subsidy.
The govt has always said it works with price modulation; whatever it saved from selling petrol above the Estimated Open Market Price, it keeps in an escrow account to use it for subsidy when oil price/petrol price rises.
I've noticed that Vanguard has set out to mislead gullible Nigerians who don't read enough to comprehend. What a shame!
Stop deceiving your self, the highest thing that can happen to a man is self deceit, The opposition party then organized the largest protest to stop GEJ from removing fuel subsidy, now that they are in power they want to remove it using dubious means, una nodey shame!
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by ochiosa(m): 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
blackpanda:

Gej didnt have any foresight. How can u remove subsidy when there are no structures on ground, comatose refineries and pms was selling at an all time high in international market. That doesnt make sense. Govt is able to remove it now because concerted efforts have been made to provide enabling structures.
refineries have started working now eh?
Re: No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG by RALPHOW(m): 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
poiZon:

I dont understand, u mean removing corruption was another corruption?
u see person wey dey steal ur yams, u come sack am the people wey suppose rejoice come protest why u sack the yams stealer.....
black race is cursed!
infact african soil is cursed.

BLACK RACE IS BLESSED AND REMAIN BLESSED
YOU MAY BE CURSED
AFRICA SOIL REMAIN BLESSED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Osinbajo Be A Good President? / Ibrahim Idris & Ayiri Emami In Warri Communities To Promote Peace(Pics) / Niger Delta Group Vows To Bomb NNPC Towers If Patience Jonathan Is Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.