Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

Victory In Holiness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Victory In Holiness (586 Views)

An Exercise In Holiness / HOLINESS Is NOT "Optional!" / Benefits Of Righteousness And Holiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victory In Holiness by kpakpandoN(m): 6:07am On Apr 07, 2016
There is victory in holiness. This is a fact that many do not know of and their ignorance makes them continue to live as fake Christians. When the eyes of a child of God are opened to this revelation, he will not wait for any Pastor to preach so much before he begins to live righteously and faithfully to honour his Lord and Saviour. Proverbs 14:34 presents a two-edged sword of the truth: While righteousness exalts a nation, sin or unrighteousness brings reproach that comes in form of defeat.
The story of Daniel in Daniel 6:19-23 is highly revealing. The first thing one should notice is that righteousness or holy living is not a hidden thing. It is something that the one who is living such a life can and must exhibit with every sense of humility. Daniel said: "My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lion's mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocence was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt." There is victory in holy living and Daniel confirmed this in Daniel 6:22.
To some people, the testimony of Daniel may sound arrogant, but the question is, was Daniel saying the truth when he said that he did no evil against the earthly kingdom and the kingdom of heaven? The outcome of the persecution gives the accurate answer. The Bible says:
"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

At times, some Christians who do not believe in holiness feign humility by saying it is impossible for mere humans, to live holy. Like I always tell my children in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, the fact that you are not living by the Bible does not mean others are not. The Bible says:
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil, for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." 1 John 3:7-8

As a matter of fact, you are either holy or sinful and no sinner will make it to heaven. For this reason, Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil in our lives. You are righteous by grace. This grace is why we must never boast because it is not you but Christ that lives in you. I encourage someone reading this devotional to pray earnestly for the grace to live holy. Daniel triumphed over all his administrative and political enemies. They perished in his stead because of holiness! I pray for a reader of this devotional, the grace to live holy will come upon you today and you will henceforth live daily victorious life in Jesus' name. Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like

Re: Victory In Holiness by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 07, 2016
Okay... Pondering on this

1 Like

Re: Victory In Holiness by Flexherbal(m): 6:19am On Apr 07, 2016
I receive the Grace to live a holy life.

1 Like

Re: Victory In Holiness by seunlayi(m): 7:08am On Apr 07, 2016
Nice

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The True Meaning Of Being Born Again / Pastor Caught Having S*x In The Church Premises / Tomorrow May Likely Be The First Day Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.