Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? (1883 Views)

Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Logicbwoy: 6:49am On Apr 07, 2016
On this Sunday that just passed, I drove through my former church on my way to get fuel and I noticed that the church was almost it usual attendance. The fuel scarcity had little effect on the numbers of people in the church.

This led me to wonder, why people still drive to church despite the economic hardship facing us in this country.

-Are they going to church to beg God for the thousandth time to stop the fuel scarcity- a scarcity that keeps on recurring?
-Are they going to church to miraculously make fuel appear int heir tanks?
-Are they going just to receive the AC in the church since there is probably no light at home?
-Why dont they save the fuel in their car for work instead?
-Why didnt TB Joshua and other prophets of doom predict the fuel scarcity?

This leads me to a theory about suffering. There is an argument that the hopeless turn to God or religion as a crutch. And truly, if you notice, countries that are poor or suffering are usually more religious. It seems that many need a hero, a messiah to bring them salvation from their unsolvable problems.

Honestly, why do people think it is worth it to go to church during this fuel scarcity? Hasn't God failed Nigeria enough? Nigeria keeps getting harder- no light, no fuel, no jobs, bad roads etc. Nigeria keeps sinking deeper into an abyss.

cc Joshthefirst, kingebukasblog, plaetton, johnydon22, sonoflucifer, analice07, winner01, reyginus

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 07, 2016
To Worship The Lord,and Please,Do You Call This A Question?and besides,u can worship inside ur house if ur church is a lil bit far from your house,our God is a merciful,i'm sure he will understand.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:03am On Apr 07, 2016
suzan404:
To Worship The Lord,and Please,Do You Call This A Question?and besides,u can worship inside ur house if ur church is a lil bit far from your house,our God is a merciful,i'm sure he will understand.
Yeah yeah , our God is so merciful, he decides to let 200 M people languish in pain and poverty

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Logicbwoy: 7:06am On Apr 07, 2016
suzan404:

Interesting answer.

You have a point- people can worship at home instead of wasting fuel to go to church!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 07, 2016
abi o.. me that have been paying tithe faithfully, why didn't my tithe stop the devourers? cry cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 07, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Yeah yeah , our God is so merciful, he decides to let 200 M people languish in pain and poverty
hmm,you know what?i dont like arguing.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 07, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

hmm..you know what?i dont like arguing.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:09am On Apr 07, 2016
suzan404:
hmm,you know what?i dont like arguing.
Neither do I, may the Good lord bless your fuel hustle today grin
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by LOVEGINO(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2016
Do I hear u say "your former church". That is the beginning of your confusion being a xtain.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 07, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Interesting answer.

You have a point- people can worship at home instead of wasting fuel to go to church!
Exactly!
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Neither do I, may the Good lord bless your fuel hustle today grin
Thanks.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2016
Pathetic show of ignorance . There are three officially recognized atheist states in the world

1. North Korea
2. China
3. Vietnam

You may include Estonia just because of the preponderance of atheists there .

Most functional societies today are religious .

Most people pray to God to see them through turbulent times . And there is always joy , peace and happiness in God's presence

John 16 : 33

33 "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:27am On Apr 07, 2016
suzan404:
Exactly!

What exactly How can you say going to worship God would waste your resources undecided

Psalm 122 : 1

122 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord

When you are certain of the benefits of worshiping God in his house , nothing will hold you down .
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

African societies are functional.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What exactly How can you say going to worship God would waste your resources undecided

When you are certain of the benefits of worshiping God in his house , nothing will hold you down .
i never mentioned anytin like that,,what i was trying to say is that when you know your church is a bit far from ur place,and you have no fuel in ur car,and you are broke at the same time,you can easily worship in your house if u have a clean heart.we are children of God and he is like a father to us,he will understand.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A chapel can't be the house of God. Are you serious?

Even in the bible it is written that God does not dwell in the temples of men.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:40am On Apr 07, 2016
LoJ:

A chapel can't be the house of God. Are you serious?

Even in the bible it is written that God does not dwell in the temples of men.

It simply means God is not confined to it and He is everywhere .
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by LazyWasterners: 7:41am On Apr 07, 2016
Its the living that fuel bother not the dead. So I ought to go thank God for life!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:41am On Apr 07, 2016
suzan404:
i never mentioned anytin like that,,what i was trying to say is that when you know your church is a bit far from ur place,and you have no fuel in ur car,and you are broke at the same time,you can easily worship in your house if u have a clean heart.we are children of God and he is like a father to us,he will understand.

Alright then
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Alright then
yeah.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It simply means God is not confined to it and He is everywhere .
If he is everywhere, why is it wrong to stay at home and worship him there?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

African societies are functional.

They are still growing since the nascence of civilization in the continent . Challenges dont preclude growth ,they just need visionary leaders to provide solutions . They will get there .
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

They are still growing since the nascence of civilization in the continent ..
Thanks. smiley
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 07, 2016
LoJ:

Especially when it makes more economic sense to stay at home. But that would be doubting God's promises to provide all their needs....

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Logicbwoy: 8:11am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Pathetic show of ignorance . There are three officially recognized atheist states in the world

1. North Korea
2. China
3. Vietnam

You may include Estonia just because of the preponderance of atheists there .

Most people pray to God to see them through turbulent times . And there is always joy , peace and happiness in God's presence

John 16 : 33

undecided

I honestly dont see the point that you are making.

The fact remains that poorer and unstable countries are religious. Oppressed people tend to need religion/God as a crutch
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:15am On Apr 07, 2016
Logicbwoy:

undecided

I honestly dont see the point that you are making.

The fact remains that poorer and unstable countries are religious. Oppressed people tend to need religion/God as a crutch

Estonia is very poor and unstable . North Koreans are facing harsh challenges over the kind of government they have -oppressed by their authorities . Yet they are not religious .

Stop the show of ignorance
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Logicbwoy: 8:27am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Estonia is very poor and unstable . North Koreans are facing harsh challenges over the kind of government they have -oppressed by their authorities . Yet they are not religious .

Stop the show of ignorance

1) You are wrong about Estonia
A developed country with an advanced, high-income economy and high living standards, Estonia ranks very high in the Human Development Index and performs favourably in measurements of economic freedom, civil liberties, education, and press freedom (third in the world in 2012).Estonia is often described as one of the most internet-focused countries in Europe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia

2) North Korea is a communist country meaning that it is religious. Their religious leader is the head of the country and they worship. You can be an atheist and be religious.

Why dont you mention countries with the highest numbers of atheists? The UK? South Korea, China, Japan etc?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:14am On Apr 07, 2016
Logicbwoy:

1) You are wrong about Estonia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia

Estonia is an unstable country

1. With regards to employment . Its erratic unemployment rate

2. According to Statistics Estonia, in 2013, 22.1% of the Estonian population lived in relative poverty and 8% of the Estonian population lived in absolute poverty. The total population of Estonia is 1.3 million and more than 20 percent of its population are poor - that is one-fifth of the nation = 260,000 poor people .

2) North Korea is a communist country meaning that it is religious. Their religious leader is the head of the country and they worship. You can be an atheist and be religious.

This guy ! How many times have I explained on this forum that communism is a Marxist-Leninist ideology . Marx believed that religion is the opium of the masses while Lenin believed that religion is negative to human development . That makes anti-religion and atheism the drive of communism . Saying communist states are religious is like saying a poor man lives in a mansion . undecided

Gosh ! Stop arguing against facts with me .

Why dont you mention countries with the highest numbers of atheists? The UK? South Korea, China, Japan etc?

UK

UK is a Christian country - has been and will always be . Being religious is ambiguous - the level of dedication to one's faith and affiliation to a particular religion . The level of dedication to the Christian faith in the UK is low that does not mean they are atheists .

China

The Chinese are delusional if they pride themselves as an atheist state because they are indeed very superstitious . They still cling to their traditional religions . Here are the experiences of people who have lived in China

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-most-of-the-people-atheist-in-China

Japan

Japan being an atheist country has always been a misconception

Here : https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-most-Japanese-are-atheists

In fact Asian countries are very superstitious and still practice their traditional religions .
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:17am On Apr 07, 2016
LoJ:

I never said its wrong . But the thought that one is wasting resources just to go to church is wrong !
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I never said its wrong . But the thought that one is wasting resources just to go to church is wrong !
If God's everywhere, then you're really wasting resources going to church. Probably, it's not God people go to seek in churches, but favor, connections, and charging spots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by orunto27: 9:44am On Apr 07, 2016
We go to Church to pray and ask God to improve the situation.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church During Fuel Scarcity? by Logicbwoy: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Estonia is an unstable country

1. With regards to employment . Its erratic unemployment rate

2. According to Statistics Estonia, in 2013, 22.1% of the Estonian population lived in relative poverty and 8% of the Estonian population lived in absolute poverty. The total population of Estonia is 1.3 million and more than 20 percent of its population are poor - that is one-fifth of the nation = 260,000 poor people .

This guy ! How many times have I explained on this forum that communism is a Marxist-Leninist ideology . Marx believed that religion is the opium of the masses while Lenin believed that religion is negative to human development . That makes anti-religion and atheism the drive of communism . Saying communist states are religious is like saying a poor man lives in a mansion . undecided

Gosh ! Stop arguing against facts with me .

UK

UK is a Christian country - has been and will always be . Being religious is ambiguous - the level of dedication to one's faith and affiliation to a particular religion . The level of dedication to the Christian faith in the UK is low that does not mean they are atheists .

China

The Chinese are delusional if they pride themselves as an atheist state because they are indeed very superstitious . They still cling to their traditional religions . Here are the experiences of people who have lived in China

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-most-of-the-people-atheist-in-China

Japan

Japan being an atheist country has always been a misconception

Here : https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-most-Japanese-are-atheists

In fact Asian countries are very superstitious and still practice their traditional religions .

You lie and talk a lot of nonsense.

1) Estonia is the 30th most developed country (out of 196 countries) in the world according to the human development index. It is also a highly educated country. The poverty rate in Estonia is 18.6% according to the worldbank. The poverty rate in Nigeria is 46% while the poverty rate in the USA is 14.5% (to put Estonias 18.6 into perspective). You must be a real clown to suggest that Estonia is an unstable country.

My statistics are from the world bank- a reliable source http://data.worldbank.org/country/estonia. Unlike yours

2) Communism is a state religion. Dont believe me? Criticize the ruling party or leader in any communist state and see how you get roughed up for your blaspheming. An atheistic religion but still a religion worshiping the state.

3) You are stoooooooooooopid when it really comes to international politics and so, I wont bother to correct you on atheist numbers in Japan, UK, China, South Korea etc. Enjoy your ignorance!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abiogenesis / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument. / Prophet T B Joshua Is Dead (from confirmed Sources) With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.