Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors (46768 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke, 7 Ex-Governors, 7 Ex-Ministers To Lose Dubai Assets / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With South-East Senators & Ex Governors (Photos) / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by DonXavi(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
H
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by justmenoni: 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
Shame on them,shame shame shame..

Yet they're finding it difficult to reduce their current salaries...

Yet the poor citizens (pensioners inclusive) will still go ahead and scream sai baba,gej my hero,amaechi the lion,wike the chaser of amaechi bla bla bla..

Now I understand better why politics in Nigeria is a do or die affair...

Still don't know why there ain't a revolution or recolonoisation again in Nigeria.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by olayinkaj2(m): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
That is why they all want to die there not even minding to step on people's head to get to that position and make themselves demigod for others to worship. You will see some deluded minds wanting to die for a politician all because of the chicken feed he/she has collected to support his foolish ambitions. All the retired civil servants that served the government for their entire life are being denied pension and the useless people that called themselves leaders are smiling to banks. Some have even died after queuing under a severe hot sun and nothing was paid to their beloved ones. When N1.2million is being paid to some people as pension monthly, how will the state government not owe workers? One has even ran away with people's pension allowance, hiding and thinking we would not catch him. Fun ra ra re lo ma bole wa lowo.

Wicked leaders we have sharing all the money within themselves. All they want is the poor to remain poor and wanting to still collect tax on top the little money we made. Why should i pay tax when i know it will disappear and no benefit for paying it. God will deliver us one day.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by sLentlover7778(m): 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
Boko haram, see people wey ona suppose to bomb. No be innocent people.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by marcusaurelio(m): 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
trouble looms for Nigeria..I don't think we can get out of this. ..In a country where some people loose their lives bcz they couldn't afford to pay for their surgery...Oh I weep for the extinction of the ordinary citizens
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Ayibaba1: 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
To say that the situation in Nigeria is frustrating is to say the least. These people are political office holders and not civil servants, pension and gratuity are some percentage of your yearly total emolument some of which you saved during your active service years. These people are very wicked and inconsiderate.
However, I blame citizens of each state who allowed their reps to draft such bills and get it approved for implementation. We seem to have lost the understanding of our right, powers and privileges. With our contract with them, they are to report to us while we are to exercise oversight functions and controls over them. We have power to recall any non conforming rep, or elected legislator. What is wrong with us Nigerians?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Tarzaa(m): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
I weep for my dear nation!
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Remii(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
That is why our budget is always more that 75% recurrent expenditures, this year budget is 70% recurrent, 30% capital but they plan to borrow 37% of funfing. In other words, all our earning plus 7% to be borrowed fund is for reccurent aka salaries and emoluments of these vagabonds in power? Smh.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Kessyy2k4(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
dubemnaija:
If I am God, every Nigerian (including you reading this) will be dead by now
lolzzz bros tak am eaay na! me just de ur shoe
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Pecca: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
kYjelly2:
would i be a bad person for wanting these guys dead

i wish for peace and all, but in this case, i wish for death. God please forgive me, but i fail to see no other way in my limited human wisdom.

why will someone be getting 3 cars every 4 years especially when most new cars already have warranties that extend beyond that period, some even up to 10 years.

you can't complete projects, you always always always complain about paucity of funds, you say you are not magicians, you tell citizens to go and die, you can't even provide sealed drainages which serve as sidewalks in modern countries in 2016. yet you want 3 cars every 4 years

God, i just can't see any other way angry
Nigeria shud sit down and talk or SPLIT.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by free13: 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
[/code]According to a Lagos Pension Law approved by former governor Bola Tinubu in 2007, a former governor will enjoy the following benefits for life: Two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja. (Property experts estimates such a house in Lagos to cost N500 million and Abuja N700 million.)

Others are six brand new cars replaceable every three years; furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a close to N2.5 million as pension (about N30 million pension annually).

He will also enjoy security detail, free medicals including for his immediate families.

Other benefits are 10 percent house maintenance, 30 percent car maintenance, 10 percent entertainment, 20 percent utility, and several domestic staff.

The massive looting of Lagos state by the Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has reached monumental proportion. Tinubu whose companies recently conered a multi billion road construction job in Ogun State, has in his pocket all the juicy contract in all the Action Congress’ states.
In retrospect, it might be difficult to come to terms with the fact that an individual could hold the entire south west to ransom. There is no doubt that Tinubu has succeeded in buying the Lagos State government, and he has done this using government funds.
Whenever someone in Lagos begins to wonder where their 4th mainland bridge went, or what was the fate of the pipe-borne water project, or even where the schools and hospitals had vanished to, there is a silence that contains it all. The largest landlord in Lagos has done as he has pleased, and the rest of the state just has to deal with it. For instance: Number 4, Oyinkan Abayomi (formerly Queens) Drive, Ikoyi: A 5-bedroom detached house on one acre of land which was originally the Lagos State Governor’s guest house since 1979, but which now belongs to Tinubu. The certificate of occupancy of the property valued at N450 million was signed and released to him by Fashola in 2007 shortly after he assumed office.

Tinubu’s residence at 26 Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi was initially falsely presented as Oando Plc Guest House. Later, he purportedly bought it from Oando, and used public funds to rebuild and renovate it. The Lagos State Government bought the property and paid an undisclosed sum to him and thereafter gave the property back to him under the bogus Pension Bill he signed to law shortly before he left office in 2007. The property is worth over N600 million.

The annex of the Lagos State Guest House in Asokoro, Abuja was bought by the State Government in 2006 for N450 million, purportedly to protect the main house from security breach. Shortly after Tinubu left office, the property was transferred to him under the pension plan he signed into law before leaving office.

The 250-hectare land valued at about N35billion and strategically located at the Ajah junction on Lekki Road was initially meant for a General Hospital for the people of Eti-Osa Local Government but was stolen by Tinubu and handed over to Trojan Estate Ltd – a company owned by Deji and Wale Tinubu – to develop as Royal Garden Housing Estate at the expense of the taxpayers of Lagos.

The 1,000 hectares of land valued at about N75billion located at Lakowe near Abijo at Ibeju-Lekki Local Government and given to Lekki Concession Company (LCC) which is partly- owned by Tinubu and Fashola and being developed as golf course and housing estate by Assets and Resource Management Ltd (ARM) as ADIVA project.[code]

shocked
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by free13: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
[/quote]According to a Lagos Pension Law approved by former governor Bola Tinubu in 2007, a former governor will enjoy the following benefits for life: Two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja. (Property experts estimates such a house in Lagos to cost N500 million and Abuja N700 million.)

Others are six brand new cars replaceable every three years; furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a close to N2.5 million as pension (about N30 million pension annually).

He will also enjoy security detail, free medicals including for his immediate families.

Other benefits are 10 percent house maintenance, 30 percent car maintenance, 10 percent entertainment, 20 percent utility, and several domestic staff.

The massive looting of Lagos state by the Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has reached monumental proportion. Tinubu whose companies recently conered a multi billion road construction job in Ogun State, has in his pocket all the juicy contract in all the Action Congress’ states.
In retrospect, it might be difficult to come to terms with the fact that an individual could hold the entire south west to ransom. There is no doubt that Tinubu has succeeded in buying the Lagos State government, and he has done this using government funds.
Whenever someone in Lagos begins to wonder where their 4th mainland bridge went, or what was the fate of the pipe-borne water project, or even where the schools and hospitals had vanished to, there is a silence that contains it all. The largest landlord in Lagos has done as he has pleased, and the rest of the state just has to deal with it. For instance: Number 4, Oyinkan Abayomi (formerly Queens) Drive, Ikoyi: A 5-bedroom detached house on one acre of land which was originally the Lagos State Governor’s guest house since 1979, but which now belongs to Tinubu. The certificate of occupancy of the property valued at N450 million was signed and released to him by Fashola in 2007 shortly after he assumed office.

Tinubu’s residence at 26 Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi was initially falsely presented as Oando Plc Guest House. Later, he purportedly bought it from Oando, and used public funds to rebuild and renovate it. The Lagos State Government bought the property and paid an undisclosed sum to him and thereafter gave the property back to him under the bogus Pension Bill he signed to law shortly before he left office in 2007. The property is worth over N600 million.

The annex of the Lagos State Guest House in Asokoro, Abuja was bought by the State Government in 2006 for N450 million, purportedly to protect the main house from security breach. Shortly after Tinubu left office, the property was transferred to him under the pension plan he signed into law before leaving office.

The 250-hectare land valued at about N35billion and strategically located at the Ajah junction on Lekki Road was initially meant for a General Hospital for the people of Eti-Osa Local Government but was stolen by Tinubu and handed over to Trojan Estate Ltd – a company owned by Deji and Wale Tinubu – to develop as Royal Garden Housing Estate at the expense of the taxpayers of Lagos.

The 1,000 hectares of land valued at about N75billion located at Lakowe near Abijo at Ibeju-Lekki Local Government and given to Lekki Concession Company (LCC) which is partly- owned by Tinubu and Fashola and being developed as golf course and housing estate by Assets and Resource Management Ltd (ARM) as ADIVA project.[quote]

shocked
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by egobetatoday: 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
daywalker02:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/ex-govs-get-fat-pension-as-senators-ministers/140833.html#Fp1PuvRuzmyCoriF.99

'I will fight kworuptian', 'I will fight Kworuptian', ...Buhari, see you see kwaruptian cases. Oya now, work don come! But i know you will single out the people in Pdp and pretend those in Apc are saints. Mtchewww
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by PraiseGyps(f): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Holy Christi !!! This is too much...
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by zomby(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
Wow!!! and unbelievable!!!
The last time I checked, Oyo state gov still has not paid workers since Oct 2015, and we are now in April...Lord have mercy!!!

Me too, I want to be the governor of my state.

No need to know much or have every degree in Nigeria to enjoy an everlasting wealth...just run for the state governor spot, win the election and you are set for life (while everybody else can go to hell)
What a senseless system!

In a country that has more than 75% of the population struggling to make ends meet, Governors should not be getting away with this kind of crime. Yes, this is a crime.

1 Like

Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by notindome(m): 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
And some people in their right senses will be posting or shouting APC/PDP on every issue?

Continue.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by egobetatoday: 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nafizzey:
Our greatest enemies in this country are not any other but Our Leaders

No. Our greatest enemies are the nigerian youth who will read this and still fight for Gej OR who say BUhari is the best president even while on a fuel queue for over 5 hours to buy a litre at #200 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by feedthenation(m): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
This Saraki's CCB trial have really exposed a lot of issues within our political system.

The sh*t have really hit the fan and to many public office holders will be smeared.

Everything is just in millions & billions...yet workers are not been paid their wages every month.

Ex-employees of the defunct Nigeria Airways are yet to receive their package or pensions after almost 20 years of service.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by egobetatoday: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
All I have to say is this...when the last person comments someone should notify me...so that i can put the last full stop on this thread... because thats where all these rantings end- a foolstop! Nigerian youth! smh.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by zomby(m): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
After robbing the state, the governors are also given a life time gigantic benefits..........What else is better?
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by bjdon: 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
How can anybody read this and still believe that the current 'Democratic' system we are practicing can lead Nigeria to glory and greatness. I think it's time for some honest soul searching.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by sylvarian2002: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
kYjelly2:
would i be a bad person for wanting these guys dead

i wish for peace and all, but in this case, i wish for death. God please forgive me, but i fail to see no other way in my limited human wisdom.

why will someone be getting 3 cars every 4 years especially when most new cars already have warranties that extend beyond that period, some even up to 10 years.

you can't complete projects, you always always always complain about paucity of funds, you say you are not magicians, you tell citizens to go and die, you can't even provide sealed drainages which serve as sidewalks in modern countries in 2016. yet you want 3 cars every 4 years

God, i just can't see any other way angry
I strongly back your claims.death for them all...kill them all!!!
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Sebosede(f): 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2016
I don suffer for this country
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by decepticos(m): 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
Wait oh if me we dey hustle night and day come dey pay tax, na these people pockets our ever so popular it pays to pay tax money dey go to? I knew things were bad, does anyone know how much pension teachers get?
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Opeyemi4real(m): 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
Now I can see why nigeria might never be great!
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
Jesu!!!!!!!!
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by fizzone: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
Larryjay4u:
No be today na! E don tey. fTC
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by taiwo3489(m): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2016
Is it true we aren't ready for independence when we demanded for it? Because I can remember some nigerians such as fela's family said we aren't ready for it then.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by OluDaylay(m): 7:09pm On Apr 07, 2016
And Common allowance for the corp members they cnt pay. All these old dogs wey no wan give us our meat na God go kpokpo dem.
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
These men are dangerous after looting massively they will now pay themselves pension when the poorest retired civil servants die daily as a result of hunger due to non payment of pension,judgement of God will soon come upon them,wicked men
Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by AngryNigerian(m): 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
TippyTop:
Check these links by AngryNigerian and you'd be pardoned for weeping for Lagos.

I really weep & wail, knowing that we are in a very deep well & we find it hard to scramble our way out...

...& that same 'wicked criminals' are still in power,huh!

And when somone calls 4 a revolution, feeble-minded people will call 4 his/her head! Then all we do is call on God to help us...huh shocked shocked? Strong youths calling on God? To do what? Mtschwwwww

Revolution can be violent or non-violent

I remain #AngryNigerian, & my heart is black

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Outrageous Pensions Of Ex- Governors by pacino26(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2016
With all the provision for themselves and immediate family, there's no one single law for the children of their indigenous sons and daughters who died in the line of duty.

God what did the average Nigerian youth do wrong? There's no future to look up to. You talk too much and you're fired upon by the same suffering brother or sister in the army or police.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Gang Members Arrested With Boko Haram Commander In Lagos. / NBA Reacts To DSS Court Invasion And Sowore’s Rearrest / Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.