Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? (7754 Views)

How An Angel Of God Made Me Invisible To Guys Armed With Guns Who Came For Me. / Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Atheists In Lagos And Worldwide, Come And Witness Limb Growing Miracle!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by asalimpo(m): 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
before you propose your arguments to discredit the God of the bible , you've got to be conversant about how He works and his Modus operandi on issues concerning healing.
In diplomacy and international relations, emissaries from host nations have to observe the protocol of their guests. They must be knowledgeable about it before they set up a meeting, they dont attend a meeting with a notion of how the protocols should be then try to impose their own notions on the guest. I doesnt work that way. So atheists, valid question thrown but you are pointing accusing fingers at God and labelling Him. Are you doing so according to His protocols and Modus?
Dont ask me to teach you God's ways here. Your questions are kindergaten questions. Just backtrack and
understand how God operates b4 you proceed.
Otherwise, logically, philosophically, all your arguments will be null and void. Just empty noise.

In case you want to trifle the diplomatic example,
Note also differnt fields of human endeavour have their own customs.
The enquirer doesnt re write the customs and techniques but learns them well enough b4 trying to extend them:
Mathematics - it is a field with its own language and practices e.g division by zero is impossible and will get you an error.
The language of mathematics is set, to communicate mathematical ideas - you , not the math community-
has to conform and deeply understand the language of math. Then you can tell your stories with it.
Don't bash the math community until you are at least rudimentarily conversant in it.
They're many challenging mathematical conjectures that have been proved, using established
techniques and many more that are yet to be proved.

Chemistry - it has its jargons and techniques. the table of elements are its alphabets
Medicine -
Engineering -
Law - Has it languages and terms. Ways of pushing a case , arguing it, etc
Complicated issues have been resolved through the legal system and many more will be
But a plaintiff doesnt just barge into a court room and demand his rights.
If you're are not a certified lawyer (which takes years of training), all your criticism of the law
would issue from an ignorant and uninformed mind.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by orisa37: 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
God is Arts, Science and Spirit. In Arts, you're physically made. In Science, you think and get artificial legs replacement. In Spirit, you Pray and if you believe, all rottenness in you shall be renewed. God is everything.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Weah96: 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
asalimpo:
before you propose your arguments to discredit the God of the bible , you've got to be conversant about how He works and his Modus operandi on issues concerning healing.
In diplomacy and international relations, emissaries from host nations have to observe the protocol of their guests. They must be knowledgeable about it before they set up a meeting, they dont attend a meeting with a notion of how the protocols should be then try to impose their own notions on the guest. I doesnt work that way. So atheists, valid question thrown but you are pointing accusing fingers at God and labelling Him. Are you doing so according to His protocols and Modus?
Dont ask me to teach you God's ways here. Your questions are kindergaten questions. Just backtrack and
understand how God operates b4 you proceed.
Otherwise, logically, philosophically, all your arguments will be null and void. Just empty noise.

In case you want to trifle the diplomatic example,
Note also differnt fields of human endeavour have their own customs.
The enquirer doesnt re write the customs and techniques but learns them well enough b4 trying to extend them:
Mathematics - it is a field with its own language and practices e.g division by zero is impossible and will get you an error.
The language of mathematics is set, to communicate mathematical ideas - you , not the math community-
has to conform and deeply understand the language of math. Then you can tell your stories with it.
Don't bash the math community until you are at least rudimentarily conversant in it.
They're many challenging mathematical conjectures that have been proved, using established
techniques and many more that are yet to be proved.

Chemistry - it has its jargons and techniques. the table of elements are its alphabets
Medicine -
Engineering -
Law - Has it languages and terms. Ways of pushing a case , arguing it, etc
Complicated issues have been resolved through the legal system and many more will be
But a plaintiff doesnt just barge into a court room and demand his rights.
If you're are not a certified lawyer (which takes years of training), all your criticism of the law
would issue from an ignorant and uninformed mind.

So answer the question in the OP. One doesn't need to be a lawyer to understand crime.

4 Likes

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by P0intBlank(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2016
HardMirror:
Churches always advertise healings, people testify to healings all the time. But god has never made the limbs of an amputee grow back. Why? Why is this impossible? At least we only need just ONE of this miracle. Just one please.

Conclusion. Miracles based on faith healings are not real. They are as good as placebo healings.

We can shout all day, have all the faith even as big as coconut, yet god would never grant us this simple miracle.

You can only help yourself. Science is the hope of mankind not god or religion.

God has never healed anyone else we would have at least seen cases of amputees being restored at least one in a year.

Wake up my people

Where is god! Oh! Where is god!
Where is the god of elijah that made water to burn! Can any man of god take up the challenge just like elijah challenged the prophets of baal? PM me if you are ready to challenge me
OP, I understand u. U want a miracle that can't be credited to chance. In my case, I have experienced an instant miracle so I know God is real. The sickness left one second after I took the communion. It's been 14years and I haven't had a reoccurrence. Unfortunately, I can't prove it to you. I can only hope u experience same. In the meantime, have a look at this video and let me have your feedback.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gfo8TKdl8
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by asalimpo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
Weah96:

So answer the question in the OP. One doesn't need to be a lawyer to understand crime.
But you need to know about how the law works to QUESTION the judgement and wisdom of the JUDGE/JURY.
So let the op state his depth of knowledge of God's healing system/power and how it operates in the human realm first.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Weah96: 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
asalimpo:

But you need to know about how the law works to QUESTION the judgement and wisdom of the JUDGE/JURY.
So let the op state his depth of knowledge of God's healing system/power and how it operates in the human realm first.

Dr. Holy Spirit, asking the judge a question is different from questioning his judgment. Now answer the question in the OP, and stop seeking refuge in this your spiritual pseudo elitism. The cat is already out of the bag.

1 Like

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by asalimpo(m): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
Weah96:

Dr. Holy Spirit, asking the judge a question is different from questioning his judgment. Now answer the question in the OP, and stop seeking refuge in this your spiritual pseudo elitism. The cat is already out of the bag.
Your type didn't just ask a question, he mocked and judged God , or you've not been reading the preceding comments?

Let's follow due logical process.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by hopefulLandlord: 9:43am On Oct 04, 2016
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by HardMirror(m): 7:38am On Dec 18, 2016
We christians a waiting for the pastor that can create this trick, for now we have not been able to get a perfect stage performance, pls bear with us.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by damogul: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2016
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Niflheim(m): 2:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
These are atheists, waiting for "god"(or the christians), to satisfy their burden of proof!!! When will the christian god finally cause an amputee's limb to finally grow back?!!!

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by hopefulLandlord: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2017
HCpaul:
I would have answer you better if that has not been solved in the supreme book called Bible.
You spoke like a philosopher but you are not able to differentiate between truth and certainty, sickness and deformities, the philosophy of miracle and its fundamental application.

What you wrote is just an abject expression of an abrupt delusion and a mischief misconceptions of scientific proofs and formalizations.

IT TAKES IGNORANCE TO EVER FIGHT A GOD THAT DOESN'T EXIST

I would have explain what you asked but I realize that you are ignorant of the bible and Christian theology.

HCPaul cheesy
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2017
HardMirror:
Churches always advertise healings, people testify to healings all the time. But god has never made the limbs of an amputee grow back. Why? Why is this impossible? At least we only need just ONE of this miracle. Just one please.

Conclusion. Miracles based on faith healings are not real. They are as good as placebo healings.

We can shout all day, have all the faith even as big as coconut, yet god would never grant us this simple miracle.

God has never healed anyone else we would have at least seen cases of amputees being restored at least one in a year.

Wake up my people

Where is the god of elijah that made water to burn! Can any man of god take up the challenge just like elijah challenged the prophets of baal? PM me if you are ready to challenge me
Didn't you heal any during your days as a fake pastor? undecided
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Litmus: 1:28am On Aug 07, 2017
probably because if he did, even haters will behave nicely. If god appeared in all his glory one rainy night all will let him in. If he came as a beggar, the good will let him in. You're meant to have fate. The way i see it, if such a being exist in the way the Bible says, then miracles will be obscure. A bit as if you're stranded in the middle of the Sahara desert, crawling along on hands and knees in thirst, begging god to prove his existence by making ice water materialize in front of you. Nothing of the sort happens, instead some J.a.n.j.a.weed types appear on the horizon in pickups and start shooting at you. You leap to your feet, running and cussing your bad luck and God. A shot across your bows sends you in a direction you don't want to go,which leads you from the direction you had been following the night before when taking your lead from the North Star. Soon the J.a.n.j.a.weed fade, only their mad laughter echoing in your ears. For minutes you stagger along, broken,mouth open, hot air drying your throat. You stagger up a dune and fall on the other side, rolling down like a barrel upending sand. Blinded you come to a halt on the shores of a dirty oasis full of camel dung infested water. You don't care, you crawl to the edges of the pond an drink deeply. This dirty water saves you. Much later in life, you look back and wonder if god helped you. You're never sure.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Martinez19(m): 6:02am On Sep 07, 2017
Scholar8200:

Jesus Restored My Amputated Leg
by miracles on Nov.23, 2006, under Divine Intervention, Healing Miracles Stories
I was driving to the supermarket one after noon with my wife. It was the usual shopping day and we were on our way to the supermarket. Neither my wife nor I saw the truck ahead of us and we plowed straight into it.
When I awoke I was in the hospital with my wife by my side. When the doctors came to speak to me they said I had been in a coma for 3 months and that they had to amputate a leg and that I had to stay in hospital for another week for examination.
After that week when I arrived home I went straight to bed to get some rest as it wasn’t very easy to get to sleep in the hospital as it was too noisy there.
Although I was still shocked that I had lost a leg, I was glad I was still alive. A strange thing happened a few days after. I witnessed Jesus Christ at the foot of my bed one morning. I wasn’t scared of him, rather I was more in shock at seeing such a miracle in my home. He approached the side of my bed and told me that I shall walk again.
I went to sleep thinking of what Jesus had said. I awoke later on that day and swung my self to the side of the bed to get into my wheel chair but to my disbelief I had my leg back, exactly as it was before the accident. I tried to stand, but I was still a little shaky from the discovery and didn’t know if I had the strength to stand. So rested thinking of what Jesus had said to me.
When I found the strength to walk down the stairs I walked into my front room and spotted my wife watching the TV. I called her, and she spun around. Then I saw the shocked look on her face. She jumped up and asked me how, but I didn’t have an answer for her.
I told her that Jesus had visited me before the healing and that this truly was a miracle.
A few days later while I was in my front room Jesus visited again and told me that a miracle has been performed and to spread the wonder.
More Miracle Stories

2 Comments :amputated leg healed, Divine Intervention, Jesus healed my amputation more...

http://miraclestories.com/tag/jesus-healed-my-amputation/

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by bobowaja(m): 7:20am On Sep 07, 2017
Buharism:
Luke 22:50-51
50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.
51 But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.
.n
is that nt amputation

Bring something hard enough. Not your story book

Or better still u can just take off an amputee on the street and take him/her to pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Sulaiman and others for it to grow back and await your disappointment.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by bobowaja(m): 7:26am On Sep 07, 2017
Scholar8200:
Well,I do not own the site that is why it was referenced, why not go there to make your requests?

Besides, under the ministry of W.J.Seymour it happened! see page 30 and 31 here:
http://www.dealpentecostal.co.uk/They%20told%20me%20their%20stories%20ebook.pdf

or order from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Azusa-Street-They-Their-Stories/dp/0977968804

The bolded is the body of lie that propagate the amputee lie.... Lols

1 Like

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by hopefulLandlord: 7:58am On Sep 07, 2017
Godwin2016:
God has healed thousands of amputees not recorded in the Bible. Jesus healed the blind ,sick and hundreds of people not recorded. The King of kings liveths regardless of your unbelieve OP. Jesus loves you,open your heart to him!

Superman has saved a lot of people from violent death not recorded in comics

Superman saved hundreds of people not recorded

your last sentence sounds gayish

2 Likes

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Scholar8200(m): 8:37am On Sep 07, 2017
bobowaja:

The bolded is the body of lie that propagate the amputee lie.... Lols
?
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Scholar8200(m): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2017
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by HardMirror(m): 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Superman has saved a lot of people from violent death not recorded in comics

Superman saved hundreds of people not recorded

your last sentence sounds gayish
hehehehehe. everything jesus is gay. yet i wonder why christians hate gays

1 Like

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by obisco4u: 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
And they call their God impossibility changer. I have experienced first hand that that claim is a lie. Amputated arm is an overstatement seriously to someone who can't cure common malaria. Something that doctors in developed countries can do without stress with prosthetic arms.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by enigmatic16(f): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
HardMirror:

You won't see anyone of them here. Christianity is for people who can't think. It is for weaklings. It is for people who can't take the challenge of life heads-on and fight for survival. Christianity and most religion are for those who can be manipulated and live in fear of the unknown. It is for those who don't ask questions. It is for those who are programmable. It is for those who don't know what to do with their lives. It is for those who have to be told everything.

Somehow u jus described me... ���� but i dont not wish 2 be diz way. We were all born with diz mindset passed on to us. Presently i am waking up to consciousness n battling diz long formed mindset, it hasnt been easy at all. But i am glad i am aware. People who re recorded in history are people who cud tink outside d box n d so called prevailing system. U know wat mks me more angry? Dat all these men of God know d truth, but dey wont preach, they know d secret and thats what they re using to their advantage.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
enigmatic16:

Somehow u jus described me... ���� but i dont not wish 2 be diz way. We were all born with diz mindset passed on to us. Presently i am waking up to consciousness n battling diz long formed mindset, it hasnt been easy at all. But i am glad i am aware. People who re recorded in history are people who cud tink outside d box n d so called prevailing system. U know wat mks me more angry? Dat all these men of God know d truth, but dey wont preach, they know d secret and thats what they re using to their advantage.

Exactly. It is a pyramidal matrix. That's the world we live in
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by HardMirror(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
enigmatic16:

where would be be if we dont ask questions?

every invention and human discovery is the product of curiosity.

where did god come from?
who is god?
what does god want if it/she/it exists?
the god being sold to me, is he really god or just an human invention?
why does god not speak for himself?
why must everything and information we think we have about god all sourced from man?

narrow down to you christian faith

why shld i believe in jehovah?
jehovah claims ( or so the say) to be able to do all things, so why has he not ended all sufferings and just create us all in heaven? why must we pass through this earth when he knows it only reduces our chances of making heaven.

why not just judge adam and eve and start all over again so as to save the potential billions of people who would have to suffer for the sins of adam and eve?

why is the bible full of archaic bullshit ?

why cant god heal amputees?

has god ever raised beheaded people from the dead? this should make you question those who claim to be raised from the dead.

on and on we could go.

you can choose to be close minded and just bask in the obvious fraud called religion, or you could choose to stand by truth that endures all scrutiny.

christianity would tell you to just believe and accept. i would rather question than be a zombie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22pm On May 28, 2022
HardMirror:

Wake up my people

The evidence has been presented in the thread below. Are you still looking for God? undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/7145649/amputated-finger-grows-back-extra
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by LordReed(m): 12:36pm On May 28, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The evidence has been presented in the thread below. Are you still looking for God? undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/7145649/amputated-finger-grows-back-extra

PUBLISHED JUNE 14, 2013
• 3 MIN READ

If a salamander or newt loses its leg, it can just grow another one. Humans aren’t so lucky. If you cut off my arm, it won’t grow back. (Note: please don’t do that.)

But back in the 1970s, scientists showed that children can sometimes regrow the tip of an amputated finger, as long as there’s a bit of nail left over and the wound isn’t stitched up. Later, we discovered that mice have the same ability. But why is the nail important, and why can’t a finger grow back without it? A new study provides an answer to this longstanding mystery. As I wrote in Nature News:

Working with mice, researchers led by Mayumi Ito at New York University have identified a population of stem cells lying beneath the base of the nail that can orchestrate the restoration of a partially amputated digit. However, the cells can do so only if sufficient nail epithelium — the tissue that lies immediately below the nail — remains.

The process is limited compared with the regenerative powers of amphibians, but the two share many features, from the molecules that are involved to the fact that nerves are necessary. “I was amazed by the similarities,” says Ito. “It suggests that we partly retain the regeneration mechanisms that operate in amphibians.”

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/why-fingertips-might-grow-back-but-entire-limbs-wont#:~:text=Humans%20aren't%20so%20lucky,wound%20isn't%20stitched%20up.
Re: Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On May 28, 2022
LordReed:

PUBLISHED JUNE 14, 2013
• 3 MIN READ

If a salamander or newt loses its leg, it can just grow another one. Humans aren’t so lucky. If you cut off my arm, it won’t grow back. (Note: please don’t do that.)

But back in the 1970s, scientists showed that children can sometimes regrow the tip of an amputated finger, as long as there’s a bit of nail left over and the wound isn’t stitched up. Later, we discovered that mice have the same ability. But why is the nail important, and why can’t a finger grow back without it? A new study provides an answer to this longstanding mystery. As I wrote in Nature News:

Working with mice, researchers led by Mayumi Ito at New York University have identified a population of stem cells lying beneath the base of the nail that can orchestrate the restoration of a partially amputated digit. However, the cells can do so only if sufficient nail epithelium — the tissue that lies immediately below the nail — remains.

The process is limited compared with the regenerative powers of amphibians, but the two share many features, from the molecules that are involved to the fact that nerves are necessary. “I was amazed by the similarities,” says Ito. “It suggests that we partly retain the regeneration mechanisms that operate in amphibians.”

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/why-fingertips-might-grow-back-but-entire-limbs-wont#:~:text=Humans%20aren't%20so%20lucky,wound%20isn't%20stitched%20up.

God put the mechanism in place for such to happen but we are not talking about amphibians or rodents here. Your partner in crime, HardMirror has been gloating that God cannot heal the amputated and now that I have supplied the evidence of a woman who grew a new digit after encountering Jesus' Power makes me to ask the question. Do you now believe that what God cannot do does not exist? undecided

See the thread for the evidence: https://www.nairaland.com/7145649/amputated-finger-grows-back-extra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Advise To People Whom Enjoy Cursing Anointed Men Of God Like Bsp David Oyedepo / Are The Three (3) Children Of Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor his Biological Children? / Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.