Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo (5589 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At World Economic Forum In Geneva, Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo

As I recall, the governors demanded their share of the ECA because the FG was constantly withdrawing from the ECA, without the consent of the states and local governments and without appropriation by the National Assembly. This is illegal and a pure case of continual theft by the FG.

Madam Iweala's argument that the then Governors Forum forced her hand in sharing the ECA by taking the FG to court is ludicrous because there was no record of a Supreme Court judgement that ordered the sharing of the funds.

Even at that, the FG has no business saving money on behalf of states in a federal republic and purporting to save for states while stealing from the same savings is even more ludicrous.

Per the revenue allocations formula, the FG's share of that money is 52%. Where is it saved? Especially when oil was sold for $100+ dollars per barrel. The FG was even borrowing and issuing Sovereign Debt Notes, in a time of very high oil prices. Iweala was running a deficit budget at the federal level in a time of $100+ dollar oil per barrel.

She was an epic FAILURE! End of story.

The State's share of the money per the revenue allocation formula is 26%, which if divided by 36 states, averages 0.72% per state. Where lies the wisdom in blaming states for the depletion of the ECA when their share is average of 0.72% per state, when a whopping 52% belonging to the FG, is nowhere to be found. No wonder, even PDP states could not trust the Jonathan led FG with their money and demanded their share of the ECA.

By kalokalo.

No Unauthorized Expenditure From The ECA

The former minister said no unauthorized expenditure from the ECA was made under her watch in the Finance Ministry, and that decisions on such expenditure were discussed at meetings of the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) attended by finance commissioners from the 36 states.

“It is curious that in their desperation to use the esteemed National Economic Council for political and personal vendetta, the persons behind these allegations acted as if the constitutionally recognized FAAC, a potent expression of Nigeria’s fiscal federalism, does not exist,” a statement signed by the former minister’s spokesperson, Paul Nwabuikwu, said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185866-okonjo-iweala-replies-oshiomhole-el-rufai-denies-spending-oil-money-without-approval.html

FAAC disowns Okonjo-Iweala; denies approving withdrawal of $2bn Excess Crude funds

[b]Commissioners of Finance and Accountants General of the 36 states of the federation on Tuesday distanced themselves from claims by the former Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, that they were part of the decision to withdraw and spend $2bn from Nigeria’s excess crude oil revenue account last December.

"It has come to our notice the statement credited to the former Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Honorable Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, that the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) approved the withdrawal from Excess Crude (Foreign) Account the sum of Two Billion U.S. Dollar ($2,000,000,000.00),” the commissioners said.
“This statement is far from the fact and is misleading,” the statement said.

The FAAC meeting for November 2014 ended in confusion when the then Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda, could not explain how the balance in the ECA had dropped from $4.1 bn at the end of October to $3.1 bn.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/186229-faac-disowns-okonjo-iweala-denies-approving-withdrawal-of-2bn-excess-crude-funds.html

[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/news/eca-faac-faults-okonjo-iweala-denies-approving-2bn-withdrawal/

Once a liar, always a liar.

Jonathan ordered me to withdraw $2bn from ECA to pay fuel subsidy – Okonjo-Iweala

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Nigeria’s former minister of finance said on Tuesday night that the $2 billion she was alleged to have withdrawn from Excess Crude Account without authorisation was used to pay for fuel subsidy on the instruction of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

She however said the issue was discussed at the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC), a statutory body which is chaired by the Minister of State for Finance in which all the states are represented.

The former Minister however said FAAC did not approve the withdrawal.
It will be recalled that Nigerian state governors had after the inauguration of the National Economic Council about two weeks ago accused Okonjo-Iweala of spending $2 billion from the ECA, a pool of funds which belonged to the three tiers of government.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/08/jonathan-ordered-me-to-withdraw-2bn-from-eca-to-pay-fuel-subsidy-okonjo-iweala/

The lying woman was already spending the ECA funds without appropriation and she is lying as if she guarded the money.

It is time Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala stops her lies. She should stop the lies of the governors forced her not to save. She caused it when she spent from the ECA without authorisation and appropriation.

Mynd44, lalasticlala, Ishilove.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by cktheluckyman: 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
If NOI is a failure then Kemi. Adeseoun should be tagged the mother and grandmother of all failures

24 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
cktheluckyman:
If NOI is a failure then Kemi. Adeseoun should be tagged the mother and grandmother of all failures

Exactly what to expect from people like you. You guys are ready to defend NOI with all your might for her mismanagement of the economy. Yet you want Adeosun to shoulder the consequences of NOI's failure.

23 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by oduastates: 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
Only stupiddz consider that quack Iweala an expert.
You do not need to go deep to see through her incompetence.
The only good news is that Buhari( willpower) is single-handedly keeping Nigeria away from the claws/ jaws of the IMF.
If not for his insistence of non devaluation and checking the flight of our forex, they would have picked Nigeria's bone clean by now.
will he cave to pressure? Only time will tell.

But for those who know how things work, the IMF and the world bank have no need for patriotic and deep people. They want only pliable people who can obey orders.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Pidggin(f): 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buhari + Kemi Adeosun = Distruction of our economy

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pidggin:
Buhari + Kemi Adeosun = Distruction of our economy

Buhari + Kemi Adeosun = Met A Mismanaged Economy.

GEJ + Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala = Destroyed Our Economy.

19 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Scholes007(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Pidggin(f): 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Buhari + Kemi Adeosun = Met Mismanaged Economy.

GEJ + NOI left behind an economy with over 7% annual growth rate grin how was it destroyed?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Scholes007(m): 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Buhari + Kemi Adeosun = Met A Mismanaged Economy.

and the accusations and blame game goes on. Let's say they met what are their steps and policies to amend that. clearly i see no point in this thread

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pidggin:

An economy with over 7% annual growth rate destroyed? grin how?

7% on paper. If our economy was so robust and fantastic, would Okonjo-Iweala need to deep her hands into the ECA for Subsidy funds?

With Crude selling over a hundred dollars a barrel, she could not manage the economy.

Jonathan ordered me to withdraw $2bn from ECA to pay fuel subsidy – Okonjo-Iweala

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/08/jonathan-ordered-me-to-withdraw-2bn-from-eca-to-pay-fuel-subsidy-okonjo-iweala/

16 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
Scholes007:
and the accusations and blame game goes on. Let's say they met what are their steps and policies to amend that. clearly i see no point in this thread

I am okay with people asking for a solution but I am against NOI peddling lies to hide her incompetence.

Other Nations like Saudi Arabia and Russia are facing economic challenges despite lacking the mismanagement of the last administration.

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
Scholes007:

“When I returned to the department in 2011, there remained only $4 billion on this account while the price of oil was very high! I tried again to put money aside. The president agreed, but the governors did not accept...Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

How can you not see the point in this thread when NOI made such a statement recently?

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Scholes007(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am okay with people asking for a solution but I am against NOI peddling lies to hide her incompetence.

Other Nations like Saudi Arabia and Russia are facing economic challenges despite lacking the mismanagement of the last administration.
you too quick to call mismanagement and last administrations. How about http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/swf-govs-drag-fg-to-s-court/
what happen when fg begged them out of the court
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Scholes007(m): 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

“When I returned to the department in 2011, there remained only $4 billion on this account while the price of oil was very high! I tried again to put money aside. The president agreed, but the governors did not accept...Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

How can you not see the point in this thread when NOI made such a statement recently?
yes of cos the gov sue them to court. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/swf-govs-drag-fg-to-s-court/
i could also remember when she was singing like song the reason for us to save.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Scholes007:
you too quick to call mismanagement and last administrations. How about http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/swf-govs-drag-fg-to-s-court/
what happen when fg begged them out of the court

Why will the Governors not drag the FG to court when they were taking money out of the ECA without appropriation?

ECA: FAAC faults Okonjo-Iweala, denies approving $2bn
withdrawal

The Federation Account Allocation Committee on Tuesday
faulted comments credited to a former Minister of
Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, that it approved the
withdrawal of $2bn from the Excess Crude Account.
The committee, in a statement issued on its behalf by
Forum of Finance Commissioners in Abuja, stated that
the law setting it up did not give it the power to approve
withdrawals from the ECA.

http://www.punchng.com/news/eca-faac-faults-okonjo-iweala-denies-approving-2bn-withdrawal/

You will not see the one NOI took, only Governors.

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Scholes007(m): 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Why will the Governors not drag the FG to court when they were taking money out of the ECA without appropriation?

ECA: FAAC faults Okonjo-Iweala, denies approving $2bn
withdrawal

The Federation Account Allocation Committee on Tuesday
faulted comments credited to a former Minister of
Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, that it approved the
withdrawal of $2bn from the Excess Crude Account.
The committee, in a statement issued on its behalf by
Forum of Finance Commissioners in Abuja, stated that
the law setting it up did not give it the power to approve
withdrawals from the ECA.

You will not see the one NOI took, only Governors.
and your point is?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
Scholes007:
yes of cos the gov sue them to court. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/swf-govs-drag-fg-to-s-court/
i could also remember when she was singing like song the reason for us to save.

Please read the headlines of the articles I posted.

NOI said she was saving the money.
Money left the ECA.
She lied that she met with the FAAC and they agreed to remove the money without appropriation.
FAAC denied approving it.
Governors asked for their money before NOI and co. finished it in the name of saving the money.

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Pidggin(f): 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

7% on paper. If our economy was so robust and fantastic, would Okonjo-Iweala need to deep her hands into the ECA for Subsidy funds?

With Crude selling over a hundred dollars a barrel, she could not manage the economy.

Hope you are aware of this(2012): Nigeria's co-ordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has warned over the depletion of Nigeria's Excess Crude Account, which currently holds only $ 3.6 billion. Speaking at a forum with civil society organisations in Abuja, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, blamed demands by governorsâ for equitable distribution of the Nigeria's resources as the main reason for the depletion of the Excess Crude Account and that the current value of the account, $3.6bn, cannot sustain the country if there is an economic crisis. She said, The Excess Crude Account and its successor, the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF), are very important, but we have the state governors saying no, we will only allow $1bn. In fact, we managed to get that, and now, they said it is illegal; and so, the country is not able to save in the Excess Crude Account and we have left today in that account only about $3.6bn. Every month, because they say it is illegal, we have been dipping hands into it. Instead of moving that money into the sovereign wealth account, it is being shared until it is almost at the bottom. What that means is that should the price of oil drop today, we have no cushion because $3.6bn for this economy is not enough to take us to any length of time, and that was what I told them at the governors Forum during the National Economic Council meeting the last time.I told them that their argument about the legality or illegality is a moot point because we have spent almost all the money. She also stated that fiscal federalism creates problems for the management of Nigeria's economy, saying Nigeria, because of fiscal federalism, cannot save. The constitution says the President should manage the economy for the benefit of everybody. The decision to save is also part of the management of the economy for the benefit of the people of Nigeria. Every state can save but the Federal Government can save for all Nigerians. The governors can insist on accountability in the management of the SWF as a guarantee against their apprehension." It is difficult getting governors to agree to $1bn savings for the SWF. We had the state governors saying they can only allow $1bn, now they say it is illegal and the country is not able to save.

http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=9252

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
Scholes007:
and your point is?

NOI can not say she was saving the money when she spent from it without appropriation.

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
What the he'll was she warning when she spent from the money without appropriation.

Pidggin:

Hope you are aware of this(2012): Nigeria's co-ordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has warned over the depletion of Nigeria's Excess Crude Account, which currently holds only $ 3.6 billion. Speaking at a forum with civil society organisations in Abuja, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, blamed demands by governorsâ for equitable distribution of the Nigeria's resources as the main reason for the depletion of the Excess Crude Account and that the current value of the account, $3.6bn, cannot sustain the country if there is an economic crisis. She said, The Excess Crude Account and its successor, the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF), are very important, but we have the state governors saying no, we will only allow $1bn. In fact, we managed to get that, and now, they said it is illegal; and so, the country is not able to save in the Excess Crude Account and we have left today in that account only about $3.6bn. Every month, because they say it is illegal, we have been dipping hands into it. Instead of moving that money into the sovereign wealth account, it is being shared until it is almost at the bottom. What that means is that should the price of oil drop today, we have no cushion because $3.6bn for this economy is not enough to take us to any length of time, and that was what I told them at the governors Forum during the National Economic Council meeting the last time.I told them that their argument about the legality or illegality is a moot point because we have spent almost all the money. She also stated that fiscal federalism creates problems for the management of Nigeria's economy, saying Nigeria, because of fiscal federalism, cannot save. The constitution says the President should manage the economy for the benefit of everybody. The decision to save is also part of the management of the economy for the benefit of the people of Nigeria. Every state can save but the Federal Government can save for all Nigerians. The governors can insist on accountability in the management of the SWF as a guarantee against their apprehension." It is difficult getting governors to agree to $1bn savings for the SWF. We had the state governors saying they can only allow $1bn, now they say it is illegal and the country is not able to save.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
You are reading the headline, quoting it and still pasting that she warned.

If she could not save the money, why waste time warning. The fact of the matter is that she was incompetent.

Pidggin:

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Pidggin(f): 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
What the he'll was she warning when she spent from the money without appropriation.

Prove it.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Pidggin(f): 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
You are reading the headline, quoting it and still pasting that she warned.

If she could not save the money, why waste time warning. The fact of the matter is that she was incompetent.

You are not being objective in your argument, prove your statements and forget sentiments.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pidggin:

Prove it.
[size=14pt]

[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pidggin:

You are not being objective in your argument, prove your statements and forget sentiments.

You are asking me to prove what is on the articles I posted.

It was after Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala withdrew from the ECA funds that the Governors asked for theirs.

How could she ask the Governors and the local governments to save their money and she went behind their backs to withdraw it?

Do not attach sentiments and face the facts. NOI caused it.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Pidggin(f): 7:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[size=14pt]

[/size]

What's your point here? It is a well known fact that GEJ wanted to remove fuel subsidy but Nigerians as well as the opposition refused.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by Pidggin(f): 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are asking me to prove what is on the articles I posted.

It was after Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala withdrew from the ECA funds that the Governors asked for theirs.

How could she ask the Governors and the local governments to save their money and she went behind their backs to withdraw it.

Do not attach sentiments and faced the facts. NOI caused it.

But Nigerians wanted fuel subsidy so what is your point? If people had not protested against fuel subsidy removal at Ojota GEJ would have not ordered her to pay for it from the savings.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
Op, arguing with this guys is like trying to use a kitchen knife to kill an elephant...it's pointless! They are ready to sniff the panties of NOI even if it stinks..

11 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pidggin:

But Nigerians wanted fuel subsidy so what is your point? If people had not protested against fuel subsidy removal at Ojota GEJ would have not ordered her to pay for it from the savings.

The point is that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has no right to claim she wanted to save when she took the money without appropriation. She did not follow the right means and lost the trust of the governors. It was her who broke the trust with her unscrupulous action.

“Assuming without conceding that the release of the $2 billion was approved by the president, is Mrs Okonjo-Iweala saying funds belonging to the three tiers of government could be unilaterally withdrawn from the ECA by the federal government?

As the coordinating minister of the economy, did she draw the attention of President Jonathan to the illegality of withdrawing funds from the ECA without approval of the states and the local governments, the co-owners of the fund?”...Femi Falana.

https://www.naij.com/486353-falana-calls-on-okonjo-iweala-to-apologise-to-nigerians.html

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pidggin:

What's your point here? It is a well known fact that GEJ wanted to remove fuel subsidy but Nigerians as well as the opposition refused.

People opposed the Petrol Subsidy removal, does that give Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala the right to illegally withdraw money from the ECA?

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by PRXPERT: 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Exactly what to expect from people like you. You guys are ready to defend NOI with all your might for her mismanagement of the economy. Yet you want Adeosun to shoulder the consequences of NOI's failure.
you are mentally slow!!! okonjo iwela is a rare gem!! there is nothing you can do to her image!!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, An Epic FAILURE! End Of Story - kalokalo by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
PRXPERT:
you are mentally slow!!! okonjo iwela is a rare gem!! there is nothing you can do to her image!!

You that is mentally sharp, tell me how you condone her dishonest behavior of withdrawing money from the ECA without appropriation.

I do not need to damage her image. She did it herself when she condoned and took part in corruption that wrecked our economy.

You guys celebrated her corrupt nature and now you are looking for who to blame as you feel the weight of her corruption.

Keep defending the corrupt. It is the masses that pay for their sins.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Have Video Evidence Of Lekki Massacre - Reno Omokri (graphic) / Video Of Secret Estate Of Adams Oshiomhole Exposed. / Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.