Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase (14339 Views)

Types Of People You Will Find In Funaab Night Classes / LASU Students Defeat U.I, Futa And Others At Inter-university Debate In Funaab / A Student Shot During Protest In FUNAAB Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Mayour11(m): 3:08pm On Apr 08, 2016
Funaab again? This change sef...
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by mayskit4luv(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Oh my Alma mata... Make una March go eleweran now... Peaceful protest tho!
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by damilareoye: 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Damicares:
As in ehn... It's becoming too much. Ion even sleep well cus of fear. The worst part is that the sug has done nothing about it. Nawa o.
eeyaaah, sorry.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by lanrywatt(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is pathetic...My Alma mata.. it happens when exams are approaching
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by harmbhrosz(m): 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
Larryfest:
Ogun state no get police command abi hw na??.
u won't believe the school is the closest institution to the Police Headquarter in the state(5min drive within the same area) I graduated there last year cry
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by STILESGANG: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Damicares:
As in ehn... It's becoming too much. Ion even sleep well cus of fear. The worst part is that the sug has done nothing about it. Nawa o.
My hostel is safe you can come and sleep there grin grin grin
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Damicares(f): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
STILESGANG:
My hostel is safe you can come and sleep there grin grin grin
lol see you. Oya which hostel is that?
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Deyhmee(f): 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Is it till they start killing students before FUNAAB will interfere?? Nawa ooo
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by STILESGANG: 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Damicares:
lol see you. Oya which hostel is that?
I stay at gate.Where do you stay Isolu or camp?
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Oluwawapelumi(m): 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
amiibaby:
That is change for u

May God provide for you sense this day.

Amin.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Perotti: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
The VC and his pathetic administration should be blamed! This didn't happen during the former VC's tenure.. FUNAAB has really gone to the dogs! Anyway, I rep OAU anyday! Aluta continua
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by ada2604(f): 5:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Mintayo:
This is bad. This is not the way I left the school.
The moment management courses were introduced, I knew it's the beginning of the end. embarassed

biko u don't have to sound like a dullard
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by LoveJesus87(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
amiibaby:
That is change for u
Lolz grin U no get joy at all
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by olly4dc45: 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
what's happening @my alma mata? I stayed at Isolu without any qualms. Security agencies should please come to their rescue. The funniest thing is that Eleweran (NPF HQ in Ogun state) is just 15min drive from FUNAAB. so close to security yet no security. #wahaladey
15mins wetin..... less than 10mins wit traffice @camp
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by otokx(m): 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
Truth be told the robbers are mostly fellow students.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Dirkcoyt: 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
Jamzig1:
This is just so sardonic
Do you know what sardonic means I bet you don't.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by sladimeji(m): 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Gracian:
For the past three weeks, a larger percentage of students of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State haven't had a good night rest owing to the onslaught of armed robbers since the beginning of the year.
It all started like a joke, whilst other students made fun of the robbery experience of their colleagues not knowing the fate that awaits them.
The three weeks Armageddon has resulted into the loss of properties worth millions as these marauders have been able to cart away different high priced gadgets owned by students.
To the utter dismay of many, the suspended Student Union President claimed that the robbery was being perpetrated by the students of the institution.
This has not only sparked an outrage amongst students, but has also portrayed the President's ignorance of the Funaabsu constitution which says he must defend the students of this great ivory tower no matter what.
Now, students have abandoned their hostels to seek refuge in school because no-one has the courage to sleep with both eyes closed.
Night class is now a mecca of reading as students have no choice but to go to school to study.
The level of insecurity is now top-notch as no hostel is secure, the marauders are well armed and can break into any hostel through the roof, door, and others.
The security operatives here at Abeokuta are not doing anything to restore serenity to our school environment, instead they are arresting innocent students who are law abiding citizens of this country.
We're hereby sending an SOS to all security outfits to come to our aid before this robbers start a killing spree.

na inside school no safe here in futminna dem dey rape girls
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by solar9190(m): 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Da greatest Funaabites!, I can feel ur pains, jst be sure dat nemesis will soon catch up wt whoever is involved in ds robbery act, could d introduction of management courses led to this?, cos Funaab environs has known to peaceful in time past.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Smhart1(f): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
I was at a party the night my hostel at camp was visited, was just thanking God I wasn't home.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by olalekan1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is bound to happen as we are in a society where we dont prevent disaster but only act when the disaster has occurred.

I think it is high time the school authority do the following to forestall such occurence in the future
1. Carry out student censor Villa by Villa within camp, isolu and gate: I beleive there are criminals living among the students but posing as student. Doing this will expose those criminals.
2. The school authority needs to make request to the Ogun State police command to make sure that a police post is stationed withing Isolu area to forestall this kind of atrocity and other vices in the future
3. The school authority should enhance student and community relationship by organising periodic meeting with CDAs of each community, during such meeting, matters relating to students' welfare must be discussed
4. The school authority should sensitize the students on why it is important to report strange faces within their environs
5. Lastly, the school should invite investors to come and build hostels inside the campus in order to find a lasting solution to this act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by muzzling17(f): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Am even scared of coming to camp..make I just dey my location dey chill
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by seunajia: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
I knew the introduction of social sciences courses will not bode well for that institution. They're an unfocused and unruly lot. What a shame!
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Damicares(f): 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
STILESGANG post =44525073:
I stay at gate.Where do you stay Isolu or camp?
Camp
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by STILESGANG: 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
Damicares:
Camp
Unlike gate and isolu the robbery menace is really not rampant(at least have only heard of one case) in camp so why the fear?
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by 0luwasean(m): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Mintayo:
This is bad. This is not the way I left the school.
The moment management courses were introduced, I knew it's the beginning of the end. embarassed

Hehehehehehe!!
Awon Colmas students.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Mintayo(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
ada2604:

I am not a Dullard, I finished from unaab, it was during our set that the name was changed to FUNAAB, when they introduced colmas, things started changing since then.
From the beginning, it was not so. Go figure.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Mintayo(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
0luwasean:

Hehehehehehe!!
Awon Colmas students.
Yes now. Things started changing when they came in.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by 0luwasean(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
ada2604:

Funaab is growing at an unbelievable pace...
This shall pass... I only hope the "pastor VC" gets his acts together.

Days at Odo Eran, Dambold, Sky Pavilion.... I miss them all.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Mintayo(m): 10:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
Perotti:
The VC and his pathetic administration should be blamed! This didn't happen during the former VC's tenure.. FUNAAB has really gone to the dogs! Anyway, I rep OAU anyday! Aluta continua
You are very correct. Nothing like that at all.
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by 0luwasean(m): 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Mintayo:

Yes now. Things started changing when they came in.

Things can change for (either) good or bad...depends on how you embrace it.
I liked colmas students (back then).. the opened the mentality of funabites to education with less stress...

What's happening it's not that huge.
...it can be curtailed (easily).

How's that palm wine joint at camp and orombos food Hahahaha!!!
Re: Insecurity In Funaab As Robbery Cases Increase by Damicares(f): 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
STILESGANG:
Unlike gate and isolu the robbery menace is really not rampant(at least have only heard of one case) in camp so why the fear?
No o... It's more than one o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy / JAMB List Of Approved CBT Centres For 2018 UTME Registration / NIMC To Prioritise 2020 UTME/DE Applicants For NIN Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.