Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details (37076 Views)

Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program. / UNIBEN Begins Refund Of Students 2016/2017 Post-utme Registration Fees / Welcome, Bar 1 Students 2016/17, Nigerian Law School, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Toyolad(m): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
rafa9:
create an account with ur maul first
Done that already, they keep sending password recovery links to my email when I never did input any password while registering.. .then I would click on d link and then it brings me bk to square one: password ish..
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
chumaster:
Which one is ORIGINAL Jamb CERTIFICATE?
as in, d original one
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by STENON(f): 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Don't be too sure that you'l win the scholarship. Its strictly meant for Delta State Indigenes.
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Infamous(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2016
Djade007, what about the qualification requirements for graduates?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Silumi(f): 8:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Then ASUU will go on strike again for a year this tym aw this one help mwtchh
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Obiwiz(m): 9:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
amiibaby:
Wow am coming let me gather some .....things
Are you a Unilorite?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by chumaster(m): 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
justified19:
as in, d original one
result bah?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Jim Ovia Ko Jim Iyke ni.....u'll get d scholarship if u're from SS...case closed>>
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by franugo(m): 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
Djade007:
Application Deadline: 15 November 2016

Offered annually? Yes

Eligible Countries: Nigerian citizens

To be taken at (country): Nigerian universities

Brief description: Are you an undergraduate or graduate student in a Nigerian University? You are eligible to apply for the Jim Ovia Scholarship Program, formerly The Mankind United to Support Total Education (MUSTE) Scholarship. Eligible awardees are supported for their undergraduate and graduate study for the duration of their program.

Eligible Field of Study: All courses offered at Nigerian universities

About Scholarship

The Jim Ovia Scholars Program was founded since 1998. It is fully funded by Mr. Jim Ovia to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths. The scholarship was previously known as the MUSTE scholarship. Since October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested over 100 Million Naira in the program to support 1500 beneficiaries and counting.

In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarship, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities.

Over time it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.

Scholarship Offered Since: 1998

Scholarship Type: undergraduate and graduate degrees

Eligibility

The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship. One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants.

Selection Criteria

Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others.

Number of Scholarships: The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities each year for new applicants while renewing applicants are supported annually, conditional on meeting all eligible requirements of the scholarship

Value of Scholarship: Scholarship covers tuition fee and maintenance allowances.

Duration of Scholarship: for the period of the program

Deadline: Open from 15 September 2016 to 15 November 2016

How to Apply

*Go to jimoviafoundation.org. Click on ‘LOG IN’ or ‘REGISTER NOW’ at top right hand corner of the homepage

*Create a new account or login with your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar Account

*Between September 15 and November 15 when the scholarship application form becomes available, you can begin your application. Ensure to fill out all the data completely and accurately on your application.

Application Requirement

*Completed online application

*Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License). The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.

*An official original letter (not photocopied) from your school/Head of Department stating the following: – Your full-name – Course Title – Department of Study – CGPA – Gender – Matriculation number OR Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.

*Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)

*Original JAMB certificate

*A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)

*A passport photograph

Source: https://schoolnetwork.io/364/jim-ovia-scholarship-for-nigerian-students-2016

How do they expect undergrads to have waec or neco certificate when even i that have graduated can't get mine n i wrote neco like 5yrs ago oshocked
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by BrTune: 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
My broda i knw 1 guy who no gree o.
D guy kept emailin em until they replied and payed him.
The new set of pple managing the scholarship scheme are fraudstars and collect funds but do not disburse. Write Jim Ovia and complain. And see how fast thoes coons pay you.
Naija na wa. Jim Ovia gave Scholarship and yet his workers are refusing to renew...
dexpotter:
op pls how about those that are existing beneficiaries of the mustee scholarship but were restricted from renewing last yr? pls any info on how we can go about it?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by ndcide(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
Some of those who want to apply now, we're insulting him all over social media particularly here on nairaland because of buhari, during buhari's Washington DC trip.

Na wah
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 09, 2016
Good morning, someone should extensively explain how to reset the MUSTE scholarship please.
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Abj4gud(m): 10:19am On Apr 09, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
Ok... but how much is d schorlaship worth?

It worth is 150,000

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
Abj4gud:

It worth is 150,000
ok. thanks
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by dexpotter(m): 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
BrTune:
My broda i knw 1 guy who no gree o.
D guy kept emailin em until they replied and payed him.
The new set of pple managing the scholarship scheme are fraudstars and collect funds but do not disburse. Write Jim Ovia and complain. And see how fast thoes coons pay you.
Naija na wa. Jim Ovia gave Scholarship and yet his workers are refusing to renew...
bro thanks for ur info. but who do I mail jim ovia?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by chapatti: 10:55am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by LordEmzy(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
Please any news yet on d scholarship Itz September already
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by eMidas: 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
LordEmzy:
Please any news yet on d scholarship
Itz September already

Is this scholarship just for Undergraduate studies?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by richieboy1994: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2016
Please what about the renewal for old beneficiarieshow do we go about it
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by richieboy1994: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
Please what about the renewal form for old beneficiaries How do we go about it?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by GabbyKelly: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
dexpotter:
op pls how about those that are existing beneficiaries of the mustee scholarship but were restricted from renewing last yr? pls any info on how we can go about it?

Please I want to ask, after the application, is there any written tests or interview

And if there is, what are the documents required to bring to the test centres??
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by GabbyKelly: 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
richieboy1994:

Please I want to ask, after the application, is there any written tests or interview??

Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by dexpotter(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
GabbyKelly:

Please I want to ask, after the application, is there any written tests or interview

it's an online interview. just log into their page on the schedule date and take your test
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by GabbyKelly: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
dexpotter:

it's an online interview. just log into their page on the schedule date and take your test

Ait, thnx alot
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by VolturiLord: 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
dexpotter:

Please can you throw a little light on what the test may entail and how one can go about preparing for it?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers.
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by patokenneth: 9:06am On Oct 07, 2016
So, these guys are at it again.. The application portal throwing up the "access denied" message when the deadline is still like one month away. What sort of wickedness is this? You request for Original of every document and whilst the students are trying to get them ready before the supposed deadline, you just wake up one morning and shut the portal.. Same rubbish they did last year..

Cc: lalasticala come and help us oo. Jim Ovia must hear this evil.

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by GabbyKelly: 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
dexpotter:

Please can a 300 level student apply?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by Multitask247(m): 2:19am On Oct 09, 2016
richieboy1994:
richieboy pls this one that they have closed the potal, any idea the email I can reach them tru?and also did they pay you the 150k as a beneficiaryi expect your reply,thnks
dexpotter:
dexpotter:
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by LordEmzy(m): 1:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
patokenneth:
So, these guys are at it again.. The application portal throwing up the "access denied" message when the deadline is still like one month away. What sort of wickedness is this? You request for Original of every document and whilst the students are trying to get them ready before the supposed deadline, you just wake up one morning and shut the portal.. Same rubbish they did last year..

I just tire o undecided
patokenneth:

I just tire o
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by GabbyKelly: 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
patokenneth:

Have you created ur account??
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by patokenneth: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2016
GabbyKelly:

Have you created ur account??
Yeah I have an account already with them. Did you apply?
Re: Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details by kabazi95(m): 11:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
this is what the site has been displaying since oooo. have tried more than 10times even with different mails still the same. moderator shaanu mi oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

AAU Student Drowns During A Picnic Organized By Her Hostel.. (video) / 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.