Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back (1223 Views)

Man Searching For Fuel In Delta Killed By Car (Graphic Photos) / Ibe Kachikwu's House In Abuja Is On Fire / Fuel Crisis: Queues To Disappear By April 7th- Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by sheunsheun(m): 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
Just Tuesday the fuel scarcity seems to have vanished in the FCT, as a matter of fact i had to choose from a no of available filling station in my area, because there was no queue at all, residents were celebrating, hope was rekindled, residents of other states started to have glimpse of hope that sooner or later the distribution will circulate.
Fast forward to today(Fri, 8, Apr) the queues ar back and its even worse than ever, I have been here for more than a hour and its as if the queue is not even moving. Naija which way na undecided

1 Like

Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by EngrSeries(m): 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
The fuel queues never left cry

1 Like

Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by TippyTop(m): 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
This present APC administration would be remembered in history as the government of queues.

1 Like

Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by Ezeanochie(m): 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
Kachiukwu just did April Fool in Abuja.They even had hope that bubu would give them fuel

2 Likes

Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by Ezeanochie(m): 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
TippyTop:
This present APC administration would be remembered in history as the government of queues.

And inconclusive election

2 Likes

Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
Buhari Apc Govt Has failed Nigerians. all Nigerian hopes are lost in this Promise and failed govt

1 Like

Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by Pidggin(f): 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
grin I thought they said fuel is in abundance over there
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by TippyTop(m): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ezeanochie:

And inconclusive election
Hehehe grin
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by zik4ever: 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
Meanwhile, in Kaduna, marketers have taken advantage of the acute shortage to increase fuel price to N500 a litre as against the government regulated price of N86.50.

Our correspondent reported that only a handful of filling stations were seen dispensing the product at exorbitant rates with long queues of motorists desperate to purchase at any price.

Some filling station who were seen selling above the government regulated price along Kaduna-Abuja, Kaduna-Kachia and Kaduna-Zaria roads, suddenly stop dispensation of the product for fear of clampdown by the Department and Petroleum Resources (DPR), LEADERSHIP observed.

A motorist at one of filling stations along Nnamdi Azikiwe road, Nuhu Audi, who lamented the situation, said, “We are calling on government to ensure availability of the fuel in order to discourage such illegal sale of the product.”

Another motorists, Usman Mohammed, said: “How can a litre of fuel sell for between N400 and N500, even black marketers do not display their jerry cans anymore. No filling station is selling in the areas I passed through. This has never happened before in the history of this country,” he lamented.
http://leadership.ng/news/516116/fuel-scarcity-persists-april-7-target-elapse
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Relax it will reduce, it's a matter of time
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by sheunsheun(m): 2:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
zik4ever:
Meanwhile, in Kaduna, marketers have taken advantage of the acute shortage to increase fuel price to N500 a litre as against the government regulated price of N86.50.

Our correspondent reported that only a handful of filling stations were seen dispensing the product at exorbitant rates with long queues of motorists desperate to purchase at any price.

Some filling station who were seen selling above the government regulated price along Kaduna-Abuja, Kaduna-Kachia and Kaduna-Zaria roads, suddenly stop dispensation of the product for fear of clampdown by the Department and Petroleum Resources (DPR), LEADERSHIP observed.

A motorist at one of filling stations along Nnamdi Azikiwe road, Nuhu Audi, who lamented the situation, said, “We are calling on government to ensure availability of the fuel in order to discourage such illegal sale of the product.”

Another motorists, Usman Mohammed, said: “How can a litre of fuel sell for between N400 and N500, even black marketers do not display their jerry cans anymore. No filling station is selling in the areas I passed through. This has never happened before in the history of this country,” he lamented.
http://leadership.ng/news/516116/fuel-scarcity-persists-april-7-target-elapse
Smh, 9ja don finish!!! We ar in real mess
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by Xonology: 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
Passed through Kubwa express road few minutes ago, if you see the queue at NNPC mega filling station eeh shocked shocked shocked ... The cars on the queue is over 500 shocked Me self na black market I just de flex though very expensive but I can't spend an our on the queue talk more of a whole day angry
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by sheunsheun(m): 2:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Relax it will reduce, it's a matter of time
undecided probably afta anoda 3 mnths?
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by sheunsheun(m): 2:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Xonology:
Passed through Kubwa express road few minutes ago, if you see the queue at NNPC mega filling station eeh shocked shocked shocked ... The cars on the queue is over 500 shocked Me self na black market I just de flex though very expensive but I can't spend an our on the queue talk more of a whole day angry
Naso we see am oooo, the queue is evn worse than b4
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by Xonology: 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
sheunsheun:

Naso we see am oooo, the queue is evn worse than b4
Nawa oo angry .. And we don't seem to know what is causing this.. Yesterday I was watching the executive secretary of MOMAN on Sunrise daily on channels, he said that the fault is from the NNPC.. He said that NNPC allocated 70% import rights to themselves while sharing the remaining %30 to independent marketers. But the real problem is that NNPC doesn't have the capacity to import up to 30% talk more of 70%. Another problem is that NNPC in collaboration with CBN is frustrating their effort in obtaining FX from CBN because as at now, it takes them 4 weeks to complete the process of obtaining the FX to exhaust the 30% import right allocated to them. So they had to rely to banks which sells FX to them as high as N300/$.. Can you imagine? sad .. So the Channels guy asked him why they haven't reported the banks to CBN.. He said that they've reported them several times but they didn't do anything about it and that confirms their claim that NNPC is working with CBN to frustrate them.
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
sheunsheun:

undecided probably afta anoda 3 mnths?
I don't think so but definely it will
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by sheunsheun(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Xonology:
Nawa oo angry .. And we don't seem to know what is causing this.. Yesterday I was watching the executive secretary of MOMAN on Sunrise daily on channels, he said that the fault is from the NNPC.. He said that NNPC allocated 70% import rights to themselves while sharing the remaining %30 to independent marketers. But the real problem is that NNPC doesn't have the capacity to import up to 30% talk more of 70%. Another problem is that NNPC in collaboration with CBN is frustrating their effort in obtaining FX from CBN because as at now, it takes them 4 weeks to complete the process of obtaining the FX to exhaust the 30% import right allocated to them. So they had to rely to banks which sells FX to them as high as N300/$.. Can you imagine? sad .. So the Channels guy asked him why they haven't reported the banks to CBN.. He said that they've reported them several times but they didn't do anything about it and that confirms their claim that NNPC is working with CBN to frustrate them.
Imagine!!! undecided
Re: Fuel In Abuja Is A Scam, Long Queues Are Back by evy1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
sheunsheun:

Imagine!!! undecided
can't fit shout.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno / Cct Trial : Cross Examination Have Vindicated Me :comrade Kamal / Breaking News: Another Chibok Girl Rescued (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.