Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage (41197 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? / “Anal Sex And MouthAction Are Sins Against God” – Nigerian Lady. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Fran6ik: 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
nedu2000:
As long as I see no biblical backing,then it remains his own personal opinion just as I have mine.
Best he resigns though,since he and the bible don't seem to see eye to eye
Young man his predecessor compiled d bible for you.. He is not after ur opinion but he has spoken for ALL CHRISTIANS dat follows the bible. He is not tryin to convince u but teach u.

7 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by ercel: 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Whatever it is,christians today should always abide by what the Holy Bible says,it is all we need as manual to the christian life!

1 Like

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Thylord(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Oga pope your head day there.

2 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by zanebaddo(m): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
GOD have mercy on us all. We are at that level where everyone should embrace love and kindness as their religion... .

No Christianity, No Muslim /Islam

So many gods, so many religions and many creeds when all this world needs is kindness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by TeamSimple(m): 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Long live the Pope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Btruth: 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Guess it's a soft landing for some cases now.
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by legacy4real(f): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
Thanks. the vicar of christ
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Fran6ik: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Am a lady. Culture cannot come before one's christian religion.
Christian religion is a religion of peace.. Do u call it marriage wen ur parents donot support it? Your fada did not hand u over nd u claim to be married? Sorry o.. the catholic church does not fight d culture of d people.. remember he didnt just speak to Nigerians but the whole human race
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by TheProphetess(f): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fedayeen:
I thought the pope will pander to western influence. God bless you Pope Francis.

Archbishop Rowan Williams of Canterbury will roast in hell for allowing gay marriage.
are you God to decide who will roast in hell?

God people like you ehn. I thought your bible says that you should remove the log in your eye before looking for another person.
This your Christianity get comma if you can't follow simple instructions.

3 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Fran6ik: 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
ercel:
Whatever it is,christians today should always abide by what the Holy Bible says,it is all we need as manual to the christian life!
Are u telling the Pope wat christianity is about? u r talkin of d man who has all oda scrolls not inside d bible? Pls mind ur mouth
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Diplomaticbeing(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
A round of applause for the pope. The suggestion to parents to cure their offsprings the vice of “wanting it all now” especially, should be supported by all irrespective of ones worldview. Covetousness is a very big evil.

6 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by ahmg001(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Tellemall:
Is the Pope God?
nah bt d symbol of d church cus he is d head of catholic church of more Dan 1.2billion followers whc is more Dan half of d world xtian population, so hez veri influential in d scheme of tins
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fran6ik:
Christian religion is a religion of peace.. Do u call it marriage wen ur parents donot support it? Your fada did not hand u over nd u claim to be married? Sorry o.. the catholic church does not fight d culture of d people.. remember he didnt just speak to Nigerians but the whole human race
Cant remember the verse but Jesus told his disciples that he has not come to make peace with the world but he has come with a sword to put daughters against mother-in-laws, brothers against one another, etc. If you look carefully you will see that the sword represents truth which causes division among us.

Christianity is not a religion of world peace but of true peace in Christtongue

4 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by theEYe21(f): 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
Yes! We are all gods, since we are created in God's image grin grin grin
Tellemall:
Is the Pope God?
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Fran6ik: 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Cant remember the verse but Jesus told his disciples that he has not come to make peace with the world but he has come with a sword to put daughters against mother-in-laws, brothers against one another, etc. If you look carefully you will see that the sword represents truth which causes division among us.

Pls just tell me u will go against ur marriage culture n claim to b married for u r a christian naaa. Remember weddin is not biblical bt a sacrement of d catholic church. U no wed, u no do traditional marriage, ur parents no gri.. u pack go boi house go stay say u don marry.. AUNTY...Christianity is not wat u tink ooo. mail me to enlighten u or lets continue outside here
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Ahmed3rdjuly: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
This is an epic response.
But what catches my attention most is the statement
"This is not a sign of weakening of faith but a show of charity"

2 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by ify84(m): 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Catholic church says cohabit if finance is your problem

Bible say marry if you have burning desire for each other. Wedding requires money marriage does not.

I go with the bible.

Heloooo, u say, marriage does not require MONEY.... Explain pls
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by youngest85(m): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:

Bible say marry if you have burning desire for each other. Wedding requires money marriage does not.

I go with the bible.
4 nigeria?
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by joey150(m): 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:

I go with the bible.
you clearly lack basic understanding... It was in no where stated that anybody can co-habit. The idea is with love and a sense of care understand why these things happen before you criticise.

I say christians are getting stupid.. Just because you have a supposedly grudge against the Catholic church,dosent stop you from thinking straight.. Cause from your reply i sense the strong dislike for the universal church..

2 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 08, 2016
TheProphetess:
are you God to decide who will roast in hell?

God people like you ehn. I thought your bible says that you should remove the log in your eye before looking for another person.
This your Christianity get comma if you can't follow simple instructions.
madam the bible is open and not ambiguous. All sinners will go to hell

1 Like

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
Tellemall:
Is the Pope God?

You sound absurd?
If you're not an atheist, you'll know better.
No, he's not!

1 Like

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by GuyfawkesAB(m): 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
What has been written is different from what his body language, action and speeches say, which is otherwise.

Francis, the forerunner of the Anti-Christ!
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
ify84:

Heloooo, u say, marriage does not require MONEY.... Explain pls
Alright sir. Marriage is simply the union of two people before God and men. It can happen anywhere, and at anytime but not without a pastor to declare them husband and wife and some people to bear witness. There mustnt be any ceremony.

3 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Fran6ik: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
What has been written is different from what his body language, action and speeches say otherwise.

Francis, the forerunner of the Anti-Christ!
Who is the antichrist other dan ur pastor dat tells u to be born again is not to be Baptised?

2 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Eazeee(m): 6:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:

2much watching of TELEMUNDO is not gud for u sis. u better wake up from d world of fantasy & face reality
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by GuyfawkesAB(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
You are wrong!

The real marriage is the one where the two parents and families agree to and then bless the union. Pastors' blessing,na formality. E wan strong pass the one wey ur parents bless u?

Stupedinluv:
Alright sir. Marriage is simply the union of two people before God and men. It can happen anywhere, and at anytime but not without a pastor to declare them husband and wife and some people to bear witness. There mustnt be any ceremony.

2 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by theEYe21(f): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
That means you too will go to hell then. Confirm!!!! grin grin grin
Fedayeen:
madam the bible is open and not ambiguous. All sinners will go to hell
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
Stupedinluv:

I go with the bible.

– Cohabitation –

Francis says couples who live together outside of marriage “need to be welcomed and guided, patiently and discreetly”, and the choice to cohabit may be based on external factors such as financial difficulties or cultural situations.

Quoting out of context is a problem of incomprehension.
Won o kin n fi gbogbo enu pe omo alakaa.
If you choose to interprete to what you felt, then thatz for you.
Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
joey150:
you clearly lack basic understanding... It was in no where stated that anybody can co-habit. The idea is with love and a sense of care understand why these things happen before you criticise.

I say christians are getting stupid.. Just because you have a supposedly grudge against the Catholic church,dosent stop you from thinking straight.. Cause from your reply i sense the strong dislike for the universal church..
True i dislike anything untrue.

He is just trying to garner admiration for his church at the expense of truth.

1 Like

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
Tellemall:
Is the Pope God?
No, he is not God.

But, believe me, we as humans, needs spiritual guardian.

1 Like

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
tonyfrenzy:

– Cohabitation –

Francis says couples who live together outside of marriage “need to be welcomed and guided, patiently and discreetly”, and the choice to cohabit may be based on external factors such as financial difficulties or cultural situations.

Quoting out of context is a problem of incomprehension.
Won o kin n fi gbogbo enu pe omo alakaa.
If you choose to interprete to what you felt, then thatz for you.
A
Eazeee:

2much watching of TELEMUNDO is not gud for u sis. u better wake up from d world of fantasy & face reality
ll
GuyfawkesAB:
You are wrong!
The real marriage is the one where the two parents and families agree to and then bless the union. Pastors' blessing,na formality. E wan strong pass the one wey ur parents bless u?
All these catholics abeg make una free me grin
You love your church more than the bible. Okay we don here.

Carry go!

2 Likes

Re: Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage by GuyfawkesAB(m): 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
You are dwelling in nufiin but a farce. The entirety of what you call Catholicism is a complexity of the mystique, indoctrination of human-originated fairy tales, and a camouflage of the highest forma of deceits

I'm expecting serious bashing and curse words from you.

It's the usual reaction of a person who has lost his own mind to years of indoctrination in the name of catechism
Fran6ik:
Who is the antichrist other dan ur pastor dat tells u to be born again is not to be Baptised?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / Pastor Humble Okoro Vs Daddy Freeze: Power Clash That Will Deliver OAP (Photo) / If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.