Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (65000 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2009
allboyz:

Bro. . . dont gettit??

waz diz a joke or for real? i mean, we just have to sign players mehn!!! even if they will play Carling cup games and reduce the fatigue of our senior players
Where's your sense of humour?
It's a joke.
I don't think we are signing anyone!
Not Chamakh,
Not Blaise,
Not Vieira
Except maybe we listen to Wrighty and bring on GATTUSO grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2009
@Dayokanu
I know trying to make you see this is a complete waste of time but how do you expect to analyse the impact of momentum, velocity and force with pictures??
Is this how low you're willing to go to take a shot at The Arsenal??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2009
eldee:

@Dayokanu
I know trying to make you see this is a complete waste of time but how do you expect to analyse the impact of momentum, velocity and force with pictures??
Is this how low you're willing to go to take a shot at The Arsenal??

we have analysed this thing before. . . . .
Steinson played footie the next week
Eduardo didn't play football for over a season
Nothing more to add!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
Eldee you are sonding very pathetic

Both were tackles to the ankle. Now its time to measure, Escape Velocity, Torque, Tension because of assanal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2009
HNIC:

Nothing more to add!
Couldn't have said it any better.

dayokanu:

Both were tackles to the ankle. Now its time to measure, Escape Velocity, Torque, Tension because of assanal
Read HNIC's post . . .
Nothing more to add.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
HNIC:

Where's your sense of humour?
It's a joke.
I don't think we are signing anyone!
Not Chamakh,
Not Blaise,
Not Vieira
Except maybe we listen to Wrighty and bring on GATTUSO grin

i must confess that i've kinda fallen for diz news. . . grin grin grin

Gattuso ko, AMBROSINI ni. . .

Read somewhere now that Carlos Vela may go on a Season Loan to Fulham for us to land in Hangeland as part of the deal. . . cool cool

Blaise Matuidi may also be bought lipsrsealed 7/10
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2009
ARRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH tearing AW hair out,sign sign sign please.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tubabie(f): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2009
follypimpi:

ARRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH tearing AW hair out,sign sign sign please.
Easy o, na small small e dey start! tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by allboyz(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2009
follypimpi:

Relax bro. .  .i belive someone will be signed - Hangaland,Matuidi - Chamakh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2009
eldee:

One thing everyone seems to forget is the fact that punishing people for diving is just punishing them for poor judgement from refrees.
How can Platini be this stupid??

Case 1: Eduardo dives against Celtic, refree is too stupid to get him and he wins the penalty: Banned.

Case 2: Eboue dives against Man Utd, Mike Dean gives him a yellow card : No Ban.

What's the difference between the two of them, afterall they were both involved in 'simulation'.
One of the refrees was stupid. . . simples. undecided

Why should Eduardo get a ban for a refree's stupid decision when another player escapes with a yellow card??
Or didn't they commit the same sin??
At the end of the day, the only cases players get punished for are the ones involving stupid refrees.
I used two Arsenal players to highlight the fact that it's not only the preferential treatment some teams get from UEFA I'm not okay with.

Platini's been stupid here . . . he needs to look carefully at what he's going into.

I think Eduardo got a ban because his team got an advantage from cheating. Eboue got caught. . . so no advantage.

Referees can not ever see everything. Sometimes it is just impossible for several reasons e.g was a very quick counter and couldn't keep up with the ball to be close enough to see the play, or just didn't have the right angle. The referees job isn't just to stop cheating. . . it is to make sure the game is played according to all the rules; rules that players are obligated to keep in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.  So, IMO, players are obligated to play by the rules and they should be punished when they don't. If not during the game, they should be punished after.

A referee not seeing a dive is not necessarily due to incompetence IMO, but a player diving is a clear and deliberate violation of the rules of the game, and it is UEFA's responsibility to maintain the integrity of football, at least as far as UEFA comtetitions go.

While I'm all for diving if it helps my team win, I don't think Platini has done anything wrong, or stupid.

dayokanu:

Krayola, No be ass-anal fan you be?

I used to support Arsenal in the EPL, but now it's all about Man City cool.  I admit I still have a soft spot for them though. I'll cheer for them as long as it ain't against City or Barca.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by proudly9ja(m): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
Just a quote from BBC as transfer window draws to a close

1550: News from the old Division Two that Blackpool have completed the signing of Hameur Bouazza, who was a free agent after leaving Fulham in the summer. That is a Hameur blow for the Seasiders' Championship opponents,

Get involved on 606
From apologetic_burnhole on 606: "A £10m fee has been agreed between Spurs and Spartak Moscow for the sale of Roman Pavlyuchenko. Spurs have agreed personal terms with RVN from Real Madrid as replacement."

1543: News is coming out of the Football Association that Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has been charged with improper conduct following comments made after their opening-weekend defeat to Tottenham.

1539: Championship Mole: Yorkshire sources suggest Sheffield United could be set to offload Brian Howard, just eight months after paying Barnsley £500,000 for the midfielder. The chat is that Howard was to be used as a makeweight in a bid to sign Reading's James Harper and even though Harper has turned down a move to Bramall Lane, Howard could still be heading for Berkshire. Harper may well be heading to Wolves instead, having been close to joining them last month."

1535: Bristol Rovers forward Lewis Haldane has joined Port Vale on loan, while Wrexham striker Obi Anoruo has joined Welsh Premier League side Newtown on loan. I know. It's killing me too.

Pigs might fly
From Jay, outside OT on his iphone, via text on 81111: "Brilliant, that Valencia news someone texted in - well David Silva has just pulled up in a car at Old Trafford, him and his agent seen getting out of the car! Just seen it, brilliant news!"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by proudly9ja(m): 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2009
By the way, has Eduardo been banned??

If UEFA goes ahead to ban Eduardo, they will only be confrming my thoughts that UEFA and indeed the EFA is anti Arsenal.

It will be setting a dangerous precedence because their action was taken based on television replays and not referee's report. If that is the case, then from then on, all matches must be reviewed for dives and even non-dives. Anyone remeber how Alex Hleb was fouled in the box by a Liverpool player in the CL some seasons back and the ref gave him a yellow card for diving instead of giving us a penalty? well, if Eduardo is banned, then such cases must also be reviewed after the match by UEFA and the player who committed the foul must be banned!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2009
Krayola2:

While I'm all for diving if it helps my team win, I don't think Platini has done anything wrong, or stupid.

What Platini has done wrong here is: singling out Eduardo for a ban.
Goodness me, when was that law that will ban Ed enacted?
Why start with Ed?
Why not let us look into all the videos of the past matches since the law was enacted and ban any player that dived?
I doubt if we will have up to 50% of players left?
There is also a law that says that referee's decision is final on the field of play.
With this precedence set now, every match, every move, every step will be under intense scrutiny
and after every match is played, it will be closely analysed and irrespective of the decision made by the ref at the centre,
bloggers, tabloids, Skysports crew grin and everyone will pass their judgement
and damn,UEFA with Platini as HEAD will have to LISTEN , . . . . , .
all because Wenger and Platini don't see eye to eye grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2009
Just bloody 44mins to go and AW wont sign.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
HNIC:

Nothing more to add!
Aren't you aware that that kinda tackle on Eduardo can happen to another person and he dust up himself and finish the game. For the fact that Steinson played footie the next week does not make the tackle from Diaby normal. Both tackles are dangerous and should be condenmed in totality. Giving excuse for one cuz its from your team is not good for the game of fussbal.

Breaking News: Tal B Haim on his way to Emirate for medical. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
haha. I don't even know if Eduardo got banned ror not. I just assumed he did because eldee said so. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Gooner2(m): 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2009
presido1:

Breaking News: Tal B Haim on his way to Emirate for medical. grin grin grin

You are an idiot! He already signed for Pompey! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
presido1:

Aren't you aware that that kinda tackle on Eduardo can happen to another person and he dust up himself and finish the game. For the fact that Steinson played footie the next week does not make the tackle from Diaby normal. Both tackles are dangerous and should be condenmed in totality. Giving excuse for one cuz its from your team is not good for the game of fussbal.
Just two words
SCUMMIE LOGIC!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by presido1: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2009
~Gooner~:

You are an idiot! He already signed for Pompey! grin
Thank you.

HNIC:

Just two words SCUMMIE LOGIC!
Heheheh i knew you will come with that line.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:21pm On Sep 01, 2009
Krayola2:

haha. I don't even know if Eduardo got banned ror not. I just assumed he did because eldee said so. tongue
Barring any last minute stuff happenning like the angel of the Lord appearing to Platini and his sidekicks grin
Eduardo will be banned for at least 2 matches.
You need to see the evidences against him
Like he 'killed' someone grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
Krayola2:

I think Eduardo got a ban because his team got an advantage from cheating. Eboue got caught. . . so no advantage.
If we want to punish wrong decisions that lead to wins, we might as well punish players for scoring undetected offside goals.
Afterall it's a wrong decision from the Assistant refree and an advantage for the player's team.

Krayola2:

Referees can not ever see everything. Sometimes it is just impossible for several reasons e.g was a very quick counter and couldn't keep up with the ball to be close enough to see the play, or just didn't have the right angle.
At the end of the day, it's still incompetence undecided
They're paid to be at the right place at the right time . . .
They're the reason we've refused to get inplay decision supported with video evidence. . . so they should be machines if need be.

Krayola2:

So, IMO, players are obligated to play by the rules and they should be punished when they don't. If not during the game, they should be punished after.
Players are paid to do whatever it takes to win matches. . .
Defenders tackle from behind to stop players from taking the shot after beating everyone, players try to control the ball with their hands when it's the last option, that's what players do.

The reason we have refrees is to force players to obey the rules and punish them if they refuse to.
Now if a refree doesn't do just that (book Eduardo), there's no sense in punishing the player for the refree's mistake.
Afterall the refree gave Arsenal the advantage while Mike Dean gave Eboue the yellow card. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2009
dayokanu:

Arsene Wenger is an idiot for defending Eduardo's dive and ignoring Eboue's diving.
He had the balls to say Fletcher used anti-football tactics against them but he saw nothing wrong with Arsenal players targeting Evra last season and kicking Nani some seasons ago. He went on to defend his players that they kicked Nani cos he was "showboating".

Graham Poll used to be a top referee in the EPL. . . .
This is what he thinks. . . .

This week’s verdict:

Eduardo – YES - A clear dive in an attempt to win a penalty –
I cannot agree with claims that he was jumping to avoid contact with the keeper as he was past him before falling.

Eboue – YES - A clear dive as there was absolutely no contact with the tackler, Patrice Evra, who was already on a yellow card and could have been dismissed if Eboue had been successful.

Rooney – NO – This is not simulation despite Rooney’s legs crumbling before being hit. Emmanuel Almunia missed the ball completely and would have wiped Rooney out potentially causing a nasty injury.

Read MORE
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2009
@sauron
Come on
We all know Graham Poll is a certified idiot.
no one reckons with him after he disgraced england at the world cup
3 yellow cards to a player!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

This week’s verdict:

Eduardo – YES - A clear dive in an attempt to win a penalty –
I cannot agree with claims that he was jumping to avoid contact with the keeper as he was past him before falling.

Eboue – YES - A clear dive as there was absolutely no contact with the tackler, Patrice Evra, who was already on a yellow card and could have been dismissed if Eboue had been successful.

Exactly what I was saying . . .
Why should eduardo be handed a two-match ban while eboue escapes with a yellow??

Why is Eduardo getting a greater punishment that Dudu if we agree that they did exactly the same thing??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2009
eldee:

Exactly what I was saying . . .
Why should eduardo be handed a two-match ban while eboue escapes with a yellow??

Why is Eduardo getting a greater punishment that Dudu if we agree that they did exactly the same thing??

Because it is better the referee hands out the punishment rather than the officials doing a review.
I remember Kolo Toure elbowing Alan Shearer some seasons ago. . . . . .The referee missed the action. If he had seen it, Toure woulda copped a yellow.
Shearer complained after the game and the FA reviewed it. Toure got 3-match ban for it.

HNIC:

@sauron
Come on
We all know Graham Poll is a certified idiot.
no one reckons with him after he disgraced england at the world cup
3 yellow cards to a player!

Graham Poll is an idiot?
So Mike Dean, Mike Riley and Graham Poll are all idiots?
You GAYnners are the most pathetic set of people in the world?

Did Eduardo dive? YES. . . . .He did.
Did Eboue dive? YES. . . . . .He did.
Why are y'all foaming in the mouth when TV evidence proves your players are serial wankers at diving?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Rooney – NO – This is not simulation despite Rooney’s legs crumbling before being hit. Emmanuel Almunia missed the ball completely and would have wiped Rooney out potentially causing a nasty injury.
Read MORE
Graham Poll. . .  THE SEER grin
Would have wiped Rooney out [b]potentially[/b]causing a nasty injury grin
Nasty injury, my left elbow
ROONEY DIVED!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2009
HNIC:

Graham Poll. . .  THE SEER grin
Would have wiped Rooney out [b]potentially[/b]causing a nasty injury grin
Nasty injury, my left elbow
ROONEY DIVED!

U were beaten. . . . . . .Get used to it now.
There is not going to be any replay.
Arsenal were beaten fairly and squarely by a determined United side(without Ronaldo n Tevez) grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by proudly9ja(m): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2009
PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFER TRACKER:

In: Aston Villa (J Collins), Bolton (Klasnic), Hull (Sonko), Portsmouth (Ben-Haim*, Yebda), Stoke (D Collins)

Out: Manchester City (Ben-Haim*), Stoke (Sonko), Sunderland (D Collins, C Edwards, G Leadbitter), West Ham (J Collins)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Because it is better the referee hands out the punishment rather than the officials doing a review.
I remember Kolo Toure elbowing Alan Shearer some seasons ago. . . . . .The referee missed the action. If he had seen it, Toure woulda copped a yellow.
Shearer complained after the game and the FA reviewed it. Toure got 3-match ban for it.
Exactly . . . we all know it's better for officials to do their job.

Refrees are there to catch divers like Eduardo . . . but when he's too stupid to do his job, you punish the player.

And I'll also like to point out the fact that Eduardo will likely get the same punishment Drogba got for almost beating up a refree.
Does that make any sense at all??
Platini's deluded
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by proudly9ja(m): 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2009
Graham Poll is an idiot?
So Mike Dean, Mike Riley and Graham Poll are all idiots?
You GAYnners are the most pathetic set of people in the world?

Did Eduardo dive? YES. . . . .He did.
Did Eboue dive? YES. . . . . .He did.
Why are y'all foaming in the mouth when TV evidence proves your players are serial wankers at diving?

A ref that gave the same player 3 Yellow cards in world cup match and we are supposed to listen to him? In a court of law, he won't even stand as a credible witness. Any lawyer will tear him to shreds.

BTW, I dont think anyone is saying Edu didn't dive. What we are saying is, why ban him if the referee did not complain especially since he even had the chance to do it in his report after the match? If UEFA is banning Eduardo, then they must be prepared to review every UEFA organised match from now on for dives and simulations and all sorts of referee mistakes. It is a dangerous precedence.

By the way, Rooney dived too but ofcourse, he's English and he plays for Manchester United.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2009
eldee:

Exactly . . . we all know it's better for officials to do their job.
Refrees are there to catch divers like Eduardo . . . but when he's too stupid to do his job, you punish the player.

Referees cannot see everything on the pitch. . . . .The viewing angles vary from action to action so you cannot blame the ref for Eduardo's dive.
Dudu clearly conned the referee and he should be punished for cheating.

And I'll also like to point out the fact that Eduardo will likely get the same punishment Drogba got for almost beating up a refree.
Does that make any sense at all??
Platini's deluded

Thatz the way it is. . . . . . . . .
Eduardo won't be the first player to be punished retrospectively.
Letz not get carried away with this Eduardo incident. He is dud anyways so why are Arsenal fans bawling like babies.

On a light note. . . . .
[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HAi7C7a7ZY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"[/flash]

proudly9ja:

A ref that gave the same player 3 Yellow cards in world cup match and we are supposed to listen to him? In a court of law, he won't even stand as a credible witness. Any lawyer will tear him to shreds.

Booking the same player 3 yellow cards does not take his vision and perception away.
He saw the incidents and he is sure Eduardo dived.

BTW, I dont think anyone is saying Edu didn't dive. What we are saying is, why ban him if the referee did not complain especially since he even had the chance to do it in his report after the match? If UEFA is banning Eduardo, then they must be prepared to review every UEFA organised match from now on for dives and simulations and all sorts of referee mistakes. It is a dangerous precedence.

It is not a dangerous precedence. . . . . .Only Wenger sees it that way because he is a hypocritical cunt.
UEFA looked into it because the SFA complained and petitioned the decision.
Ballack dived on Sunday but the opposing team couldn't even be bovvered about it. Every case shall be opened by UEFA if there's a complaint.

By the way, Rooney dived too but ofcourse, he's English and he plays for Manchester United.

U still believed Rooney dived after watching the replay?
Did Almunia get the ball at all? Did he make any contact with Rooney's legs while charging like a pit-bull?
Almunia fouled Rooney and he was lucky he didn't get a RED CARD.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

U were beaten. . . . . . .Get used to it now.
There is not going to be any replay.
Arsenal were beaten fairly and squarely by a determined United side(without Ronaldo n Tevez) grin grin grin
Naah,
I have gotten over it since saturday.
The funniest moment was when AW was sent off and he gestured to the ref with his hands like
'hey, where do u want me to seat'
'amongst these morons that have been singing'Wenger is a fu&%ing paedophile' for the last 90 minutes '
We return to Manchester in 11 days .
This time, my wish is to see Toure with that dejected look when his team concedes a goal and of course Adebayor caught offside countless times until HUghes
hurls him off  and replace him with Benjani

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (100)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.