Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (63969 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 10:06am On Aug 04, 2009
Ibime:

Breaking News:

Everton sign Senderos for £6m

Breaking news?

Most gooners knew of this deal since Saturday.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2009
I believe arsenal still have a "major" signing to make. But knowing Wenger he'd like to delay it for as long as possible. Always loves doing things the hard way. Freak
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 10:17am On Aug 04, 2009
rasputinn:

Interesting responses to the Toure story
Much as I respect every individual Gunners view,I still don't think Toure should be criticised for criticising
Like I said,his contributions to the successes of the club especially during the 49 match unbeaten run era,cannot be wished away

No one is wishing anything away, we are simply setting the records straight. There is some merit in his comments, but there is also some non-factual content as well.

proudly9ja:

OK, I don't know if this is good or bad news but i seems like we will be losing two more centre backs in form of Messrs Senderos and Silvestre. As for Phillipe, it seems the deal is done and dusted. He has moved to Everton. Apparently, Everton is preparing for life after Lescott as the England international will be moving to , yup, u guessed right, Manchester City.

For Silvestre, its still uncertain. His is supposed to be a tradeoff with the Chamakh guy from Bordeaux. Bordeaux is asking Wenger to either increase the offer for Chamakh or add Silvestre to the deal. Let's see what happens.

If we eventually lose both CBs, we will have gone from 7 CBs as stated by AW 2 weeks back to 4 CBs. Gallas, Djorou, Song and Verm with Gallas and Verm as starting CBs and Djorou and Song as backups.

hmmmmm

I can say with 99% certainty that Silvestre will NOT be sold. With Toure leaving, he will keep JD, TV, WG and MS as our 4 primary CBs, with Song supplementing. The only feasible case for Silvestre leaving is if another CB comes in. I don’t see that happening personally, so I think we’ll stay as we are at the back.

There is a clear need to weed out players not needed, so we don’t start confusing quantity for quality. We don’t need 7 CBs, especially if they are flawed ones among them. Again, KT shouldn’t have gone but that’s water under the bridge now.

The pertinent issue is, who does AW buy and why? I think he’s bidding for Chamakh, but the more important bit is to buy a DM.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by PDF: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2009

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 11:37am On Aug 04, 2009
Senderos leaving too!! Hmm so we absolutely need at least another CB if not two. Does Arsene know what he's doing ??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 11:56am On Aug 04, 2009
debosky:

The pertinent issue is, who does AW buy and why? I think he’s bidding for Chamakh, but the more important bit is to buy a DM.

Arsene Wenger Terminates Interest In Bordeaux Striker Marouane Chamakh
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/04/1421230/breaking-news-arsene-wenger-terminates-interest-in-bordeaux
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by No2Atheism(m): 11:58am On Aug 04, 2009
khanye:

Arsene Wenger Terminates Interest In Bordeaux Striker Marouane Chamakh
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/08/04/1421230/breaking-news-arsene-wenger-terminates-interest-in-bordeaux

Thank goodness, i never rated the guy. It would have been another 5m down the drain.

-----------------------------------------------

I support buying Kalou, i expect wenger intends to buy Kalou so as to replace Eboue or something on the right wing. Kalou would have improved had he come to arsenal. He seems to have retrogressed a little in my opinion.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by proudly9ja(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2009
debosky:

No one is wishing anything away, we are simply setting the records straight. There is some merit in his comments, but there is also some non-factual content as well.

I can say with 99% certainty that Silvestre will NOT be sold. With Toure leaving, he will keep JD, TV, WG and MS as our 4 primary CBs, with Song supplementing. The only feasible case for Silvestre leaving is if another CB comes in. I don’t see that happening personally, so I think we’ll stay as we are at the back.

There is a clear need to weed out players not needed, so we don’t start confusing quantity for quality. We don’t need 7 CBs, especially if they are flawed ones among them. Again, KT shouldn’t have gone but that’s water under the bridge now.

Il be pissed if Silvestre leaves. I don't think we have ever ''confused quantity for quality''. What we, well I have said is that, when we had Kolo in the team, we could also excuse the presence of Senderous and Silvestre cos I know they wont get to play except in CC games, unless there's an injury to Kolo/Gallas or even Djorou. However, with Kolo gone and Arsene's obvious love for Silvestre, it seems the options are Silvestre, Verm partnership should anythng happen to Gallas! Now, thats my fear!

For goodness sake, what is it with this Silvestre experiment!!! We have messed up in the past four seasons not cos we lacked attack quality, but because we have failed defensively and most times, its because our back four have no capable subs. Wenger is about making the same mistake. In our run up to the champions league final, we had to use Flamini (a midfielder) as left back after the Giovanni Van Bronkhorst experiment failed. We were lucky Flamini played well in that position.
Since then, Ashley Cole left us and we have not had any back up to Clichy till last year when Gibbs stepped up!

Asides that, we have consided cheap goals due to AW blind love for players like Stepanovic (helped us lose 5-1 to ManUtd seasons ago), Cygan, Senderous(his apparent fear for Drogba lost us several matches to Chelsea) and now, it seems its Silvestre's turn. I also remember vividly that all the seasons we had these issues with these players, especially Cygan and Senderous, Wenger stubbornly refused to replace them and kept playing them in the team inspite of everyone screaming disapproval!

I do hope he intends to buy a player. Bordeaux asked for Silvestre instead of additional cash but Wenger refused to budge. For goodness sake, we got this guy for less than 1Mpounds. Hurl him off and buy a new CB, a quality one for that matter. Or do we wait till next season and he leaves for free? I can bet his contract will be renewed next season as long as AW is coach.

God forbid, if Gallas gets injured, we are left with a combo of Verm and any of Song/Silvestre or Djorou. A combo that has never played together before.

Anyways, as its been for the last few seasons, as long as our first team stays fit, I am confident of good results.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by proudly9ja(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

Thank goodness, i never rated the guy. It would have been another 5m down the drain.

I support buying Kalou, i expect wenger intends to buy Kalou so as to replace Eboue or something on the right wing. Kalou would have improved had he come to arsenal. He seems to have retrogressed a little in my opinion.

I don't wanna talk too much again on signings but will wait till Aug 31st then I can assess our squad but I still think our effort should be geared towards a DM.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

he wants to play as a center forward.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2009
[center]Milan Ready To Offer Arsenal €35m For Cesc Fabregas - Report[/center]

The Rossoneri are looking to further deplete the Gunners' squad by taking Fabregas,

Milan are planning to sign Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas, with Rossoneri club president Silvio Berlusconi having given the move the go-ahead.

According to Tuttosport, vice president Adriano Galliani has a pre-agreement in place with Berlusconi over the Spanish international, and Gunners coach Arsene Wenger has promised he will sell Fabregas to the Italian giants.

The report suggests Milan will offer Arsenal around €35 million for the midfielder. Fabregas will be tempted with a five-year deal worth €4m-per-season. Just weeks ago Berlusconi claimed he wanted players who were under 23-years-old, and Fabregas fits the bill.

http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/08/04/1421028/milan-ready-to-offer-arsenal-35m-for-cesc-fabregas-report
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2009
Sometimes you are tempted to wonder if Monsieur Arsene takes the central defence position seriously at all i mean our CB lineup is laughable compared to our rivals and its been our biggest problem but somehow everyone else seems to see it except Wenger

@FBS
Goal.com Get out of here!!! Nothing on that website should be taken seriously
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2009
A-40:

@FBS
Goal.com Get out of here!!! Nothing on that website should be taken seriously
Thats what everyone says but I'm not here to talk about their credibility. With time you will know wassup.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2009
FBS:

Thats what everyone says but I'm not here to talk about their credibility. With time you will know wassup.
Naah, It will be the biggest shock of the summer if Fab4 is sold to Milan
He has always said he will only move to Barca if he leaves Arsenal
But
Stranger things have happened this summer.
Manure has bought Obertan and Diouf shocked shocked shocked shocked
The Chavs have Turnbull and Sturridge shocked shocked shocked shocked
With all of Ade's talks of Beyonce and Milan, he has moved to Man City shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Old boy, anything can happen grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
HNIC:

With all of Ade's talks of Beyonce and Milan, he has moved to Man City shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Man City are better than Milan presently.
Ade-Tevez-Robinho with Santa Cruz, Bellamy and SWP waiting on the bench.
You don't have a prayer. . . . .

Arsenal are FINISHED.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

Man City are better than Milan presently.
Ade-Tevez-Robinho with Santa Cruz, Bellamy and SWP waiting on the bench.
You don't have a prayer. . . . .

Arsenal are FINISHED.
Guess who's back again
Welcome back Sauron.
Don't worry, you'll come back here and tell us what you feel about the Citeh project.
We've been down this road before!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2009
HNIC:

Guess who's back again
Welcome back Sauron.
Don't worry, you'll come back here and tell us what you feel about the Citeh project.
We've been down this road before!

We shall see by december. . . . .Citeh will knock Arsenal out of the top 4 this season.
There's an air of inevitability about it. . . . . .Those kids at Arsenal can't compete throughout a season.
The Emirates cup is a cover-up. Empty promises and broken dreams await y'all again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2009
@ Sauron
Meanwhile, did u listen to your gaffer when he said
Ade and his agents'whored' him(Ade)to manure and Chelski
after he had signed for Man citeh shocked
Rumour has it that he even went to AW to beg him to take him back shocked grin
monaco to 'ARSENAL' to citeh shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by A40(m): 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2009
FBS:

He ain't joining that band of geriatrics

HNIC:

Naah, It will be the biggest shock of the summer if Fab4 is sold to Milan
He has always said he will only move to Barca if he leaves Arsenal
But
Now thats some shocking ish.Buncha Obertans
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2009
HNIC:

@ Sauron
Meanwhile, did u listen to your gaffer when he said
Ade and his agents'whored' him(Ade)to manure and Chelski
after he had signed for Man citeh shocked
Rumour has it that he even went to AW to beg him to take him back shocked grin
monaco to 'ARSENAL' to citeh shocked

Man City of today = Chelsea of 2003.
Did u ever think Chelsea would cop 2 EPL titles when Roman came on board?
You are looking at the history books, we are talking about their strength presently. . . .There's a universe of difference between the two.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

Man City of today = Chelsea of 2003.
Did u ever think Chelsea would cop 2 EPL titles when Roman came on board?
You are looking at the history books, we are talking about their strength presently. . . .There's a universe of difference between the two.
U can't be comparing Citeh of now to Chelski of 2003.
Chelski, prior to then were always in UEFA cup places . . . . 5th or 6th
and If i remember correctly won the FA cup a few years prior to 2003
When last did Citeh win anything?
Didier Drogba,Essien,Makalele,robben and co didnt think twice b4 joining Chelski
Not only were they there for the money, they must have weighed and saw that, with the Gaffer in charge, it's a caculated risk.
Compare to Citeh with Hughes in charge.
Truth be Told
Kaka and Etoo would have joined Chelsea of 2003 given the present circumstances!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2009
@ HNIC,

Write Citeh off at your own peril. . . . . .

Mark Hughes is building a killer squad and they are 2 players away from having a monster squad.
I cannot wait to see Citeh V Arsenal next season with Ade taking a piss on Gallas and Djourou.
U cannot have Tevez and Adebayor in the same team with Robinho pulling strings and finish 5th or 6th.
Wenger has completely lost the plot. . . . . . .Contrary to what most of y'all think. . . I wasn't impressed with the Emirates shiznit you guys won.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by rasputinn(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2009
debosky:

No one is wishing anything away,,,,There is some merit in his comments

I'm happy you now see it that way

~Sauron~:

.Citeh will knock Arsenal out of the top 4 this season.

What I know is that Citeh will do very well this season,they can even go for the top spot,but how do you know that they'll be in the top four at the expense of the Arsenal?the transfer window is not closed yet and I hope AW will beef up the squad with some quality additions,not the likes of Obelix and Diouf or Redbull and Porridge   tongue tongue tongue

FBS:

FAB4 is not going anywhere this year.Maybe to Barcelona later,but certainly not Milan
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2009
rasputinn:

What I know is that Citeh will do very well this season,they can even go for the top spot,but how do you know that they'll be in the top four at the expense of the Arsenal?the transfer window is not closed yet and I hope AW will beef up the squad with some quality additions,not the likes of Obelix and Diouf or Redbull and Porridge   tongue tongue tongue

The United squad is twice as strong as at the close of last season.
If United lose 6 players. . . . .Others still need to add 6 players to what they had as at last season to touch United.
Buying Obertan, Diouf and Valencia is Ferguson taking care of the future so we don't end up like Chelsea(the team of OAPs).

In 2006/7. . . . . .Carrick was the only addition throughout the summer and guess what? United destroyed every team that came their way.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ HNIC,

Write Citeh off at your own peril. . . . . .

Mark Hughes is building a killer squad and they are 2 players away from having a monster squad.
I cannot wait to see Citeh V Arsenal next season with Ade taking a piss on Gallas and Djourou.
U cannot have Tevez and Adebayor in the same team with Robinho pulling strings and finish 5th or 6th.
Wenger has completely lost the plot. . . . . . .Contrary to what most of y'all think. . . I wasn't impressed with the Emirates shiznit you guys won.
Don't worry
Not too many of us were impressed either
We've seen all the players on display before!
I am not surprised about Wilshere or Merida
and I know what Rosicky and Dudu can do when they are fit.
Would have loved to see Vermaelen on display.
Anyway, mark my words. Citeh will not break into the top 4 this season.
Maybe next season but NOT this season.
And any takers, HUGHES may be the first Manager to be fired!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

I will buy you a can of fizzy pop if Ade stunts against Gallas and Djorou. . . .
The only piss he will be taking, is the one forced from his bladder!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by FBS: 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2009
HNIC:

Don't worry
If he loses his first 3 matches then he is a gooner.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2009
HNIC:

Do NOT say you weren't told. . . . .

Be definite. . . . ."may be" is you sitting on the fence. grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by MrCrackles(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2009
HNIC:

I swear. . . . .Useless buncha Obertans and Druggy Drogba's! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2009
HNIC:

Don't worry

You cant continue to expect those kids to perform miracles
WIlshere was good doin the Emirates cup but that's just a pre-season game
R & D are injury prone!
U need more players!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2009
Assanal managed to gather some average teams around Europe to boost their confidence.

Rangers, Athletico, and PSG are not top grade clubs so dont be carried away.

How I wish the transfer window would close now, I want to see how Djorou, Vermin, Gallas, Sylvestre combo in defence.

Sumptous meal for strikers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2009
MrCrackles:

The only piss he will be taking, is the one forced from his bladder!

grin grin grin grin
khanye:

You cant continue to expect those kids to perform miracles
WIlshere was good doin the Emirates cup but that's just a pre-season game
R & D are injury prone!
U need more players!
no one has said AW has finished buying.
Has he?
Show me a news report where AW has said I am through with buying this summer
Why not wait till Aug 31.
Meanwhile, who are the kids in Arsenal's first team.
Let's assume a kid is a teenager.
Is it Clichy,Sagna,Gallas,Vermaelen,Fabregas,Song,Rozzi,Nasri.Arshavin or RVP?
Or Because they all look young, you assume they are kids
It makes me sick when people(including the tabloids) keep refering to them as kids!!! angry grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.