|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,711,286 members, 6,403,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 July 2021 at 11:02 AM
Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman / Simple Household Tips To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Kitchen! (2) (3) (4)
|Don't Receive Call In Kitchen by folowo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2016|
Do you receive calls in your kitchen?
"My name is Dr Ademola. 3 days ago, my husband who also happens to be a Doctor shared the sad incidence of 6 individuals who were brought into the Casualty department of OOUTH for burns injury which they sustained while receiving phone calls in the kitchen with the gas stove on. Pls stop receiving calls in the kitchen. It is as dangerous as receiving phone calls in petrol station. Pls don't forget to share with loved ones."
|Re: Don't Receive Call In Kitchen by eme1n(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2016|
|Re: Don't Receive Call In Kitchen by Slickest(m): 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2016|
Just like dat?!!!!!!
If na firewood dey ma kitchen nko?
|Re: Don't Receive Call In Kitchen by alatbaba1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2016|
Chisos. Too much of don't do this don't do that. I am moving to Mars or Venus
|Re: Don't Receive Call In Kitchen by pet4ril(f): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2016|
Ask your hubby again and give us the detail exhaustively. Else........
|Re: Don't Receive Call In Kitchen by Iolite(f): 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2016|
|Re: Don't Receive Call In Kitchen by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2016|
Dangerous to use a cellphone in a filling station, due to the presence of highly volatile vapours, which may be ignited by a naked flame, spark or static electricity (cellphones produce the last 2 ignition sources).
Gas may well be present in a kitchen, assuming your cooker is not electric. I'm sure the flame on a gas job ARE naked flames, and greater sources of ignition to the sparks and static emitted by a cellphone. What you have posted does NOT make any sense.
The only time there is a risk of an explosion in a kitchen is if you've got a gas leak, and it is concentrated in the house (it will spread beyond the kitchen). This can be ignited by naked flames, sparks from a cellphone AND even from your light switches! Each time they are operated, there is a spark at the contacts.
It pays to be clear with warnings like you've posted here, to avoid unnecessary scare mongering.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44